6.4

1. Nov 8, 2011
    Oh look, this is the season when Spongebob started sucking! Of course it's AWFUL. Stupid Nickelodeon was greedy and had the show continue when it was suppose to end, and now it's garbage.
  2. Aug 7, 2012
    After the Immense success of Season 2/3, and the Blockbuster Movie released, Spongebob was on top of the world. But it was rumoured that Stephen Hillenburg was leaving Spongebob. This turned out to be false, as insrtead, he was moved top executive producer. Along with this, several other writers for the show were replaced as well. With Stephen Hillenburg no longer being the show runner, and a majority of the writers being replaced, it was obvious that Spongebob was going to change. But it turned out this change was for worse. I mean, honestly, what was wrong with the show inetionally that made Nickelodeon to think it was a good idea to change all of the writers? Well whatever was running through their minds, I'l never know, and thus begining the era I cal "The Season 4 Era". Why do I call it this? Well the show wasn't mind blowingly entertaining as it was before, but it wasn't terrible. It was far from it. Actually, I think Season 4 was pretty decent. It felt like a cartoon, it made me laugh, it made me intruiged, and the writing wasn't the best, but it wasn't horrible. I consider season 4 to be the last moments where Spongebob was good. For one thing, the show still had a bit of good ideas left in it, like gary running away, Ms. Puff being replaced, it's all good ideas being pulled off in good ways. Plus, even with the original writers gone, I still laugh at some of the things that spongebob does. It still feels unique, anmd it almost feels like the original writers never left...almost. One real gripe I have against the show is how it looks. Is it me, or does Spongebob look more bright yellow than he should be. I feel like it has a stranger tint to it. It looks so awkward, I can tell season 2/3 episodes from season 4 just by looking at a screen shot. Also there are still some stuff that feels a bit dumbed down compared to previous episodes. I guess they wanted the how to appeal more to younger audiences and not older audiences, but that's just stupid. The voice acting is good as always. Tom Kenny is, once again, genius, and everyone else does just fine as well. But the thing is, everything that Season 4 did right, Season 2/3 did better. It looked better, it sounded better, It made me laugh more ("My Wallets"), and it was just a better show. If Spongebob continued in this direction, the show wouldn't be half bad. It'd be pretty good. Unfortunately, no. I have no idea what happend. Go to season 5+ for my review of the years of "The ughh... Era". Oh, god. Expand
  3. Jun 8, 2013
    This was an awful season, it should have never been made. This was just embarrassing to the Spongebob fan club and Nickelodeon. The episodes are just pointless and boring.
  4. Nov 30, 2012
    This season was OK for about halfway through but started sucking towards the end and since then Spongebob has never been the same. Quite sad. Used to be a great show.
  5. Nov 26, 2012
    This Season (for me) is PURE EPICNESS. Spongebob will remain an AWESOME Show (again,For me.)
  6. Nov 26, 2012
    according with roymcgeeters,The show isn't that Bad,It remains..THE SHOW OF OUR SPONGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .
  7. Nov 17, 2013
    Season 4 is a slight drop in quality from the 3rd season's throne, but its still good. Some of my favorite episodes include The Gift of Gum, Krusty Towers, Dunces and Dragons, The Lost Matress, and Wishing You Well. My favorite character is Plankton. My favorite joke is when Squidward is doing chores for Patrick.
  8. Jun 7, 2013
    This started to become the reason I disliked Spongebob. I just disliked how the characters changed from their original stand points. Now everyone is just completely the opposite of what they were suppose to be. A pure terrible season that barely anything funny came out of it.

There are no critic reviews yet.