Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
5.0

1. Jul 24, 2017
    This season was undeniably, bar none, the worst SpongeBob season. How? Well, let's look at what happened to the characters. In the earlier seasons, they all had distinctive personalities, like SpongeBob being optimistic but clever and Patrick being his dumb friend. Here, however, SpongeBob is reduced to just oblivious to his sappiness, Squidward is turned into a sour note killjoy that theThis season was undeniably, bar none, the worst SpongeBob season. How? Well, let's look at what happened to the characters. In the earlier seasons, they all had distinctive personalities, like SpongeBob being optimistic but clever and Patrick being his dumb friend. Here, however, SpongeBob is reduced to just oblivious to his sappiness, Squidward is turned into a sour note killjoy that the writers apparently love to torment, Sandy is reduced to the one dimensional scientist whenever she got screen time, Plankton is just the generic villain... but what they did to Patrick is just unforgiving. He went from being the dumb best friend to the most unlikable jerk in cartoon history who is oblivious that his actions can and do harm his, quote on quote, "loved ones". This is most apparent in Pet Sitter Pat, Restraining SpongeBob and Oral Report. And whenever he's not being a jerk, he's acting so dumb you swear they replaced his brain with a breadcrumb. Then there's the episodes themselves, which are most definitely not better than the characters, including episodes like the aforementioned episodes where Patrick's a malicious jerk, the vacation ratings trap, and of course, the episodes that only exist to torment Squidward. The only good episode from this season is the Christmas special. It gives out a fun break from SpongeBob's usual style to bring something unique, and that's where the episode succeeds. However, with only one decent episode in the season, you can tell the writers can do a lot better, and I mean a lot. Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2016
    It's not easy to make an awesome show and keep it that way for nine long seasons, with a tenth one coming soon, Nickelodeon managed to pull it off, and because of that, it's by far the most popular show on the channel. Good job, keep it going with new episodes, Nick!!
  3. Dec 27, 2015
    Better than Season 7, but unfortunately still a bad season and the series should've just ended after the movie. This season is a bit of disappointment from still the rest of the show.
  4. Oct 9, 2014

In response to Acropolis, how is this show inappropriate/too violent for children? Watched this since I was really young, and never got grossed out and there was no graphic violence in any episode.
  5. Aug 9, 2014
    What's there not to like about this show? When you have a variety of characters woth different personalities and funny episodes it's hard not to hate it. When you combine both of tyem together you get a show that appeals to both adults and children. If this show ends it will be sad as it has become a memeory of mtly youth because of how each season is. Each performance is really good withWhat's there not to like about this show? When you have a variety of characters woth different personalities and funny episodes it's hard not to hate it. When you combine both of tyem together you get a show that appeals to both adults and children. If this show ends it will be sad as it has become a memeory of mtly youth because of how each season is. Each performance is really good with cool characters like Mrs.Puff,Spomgebob Squarepants (of course). The episodes are clever and witty. All in all if you hate this show there must be something wrong with you. Expand
  6. Jun 8, 2013
    This season is just bad. Revolving around bathroom humor, disturbing scenes and just random violence is not what children should see. This show should be rated TV-PG than TV-Y7.
  7. Jun 7, 2013
    I thought this was good, but oh my goodness the episodes in this season made me sick to my stomach. I just want to punch Paul Tibbett for making this trash.
  8. Jun 7, 2013
    This wasn't even funny. I watched the whole season. It was just trash. Please Paul Tibbett, you're better than this in Season 4. Did you stop trying? These jokes are just disgusting and not for kids.
  9. Nov 26, 2012
    Again,Spongebob is my childhood,it's a part of me,i love it.For me Spongebob is still awesome,and it remains awesome.
  10. Jul 12, 2012
    I hate the newer eposodes of spongebob. I wish thye would change his face to the season 2 model. I just wish he would just die in peace. Maybe gather the old writers and make a hour long finale l
  11. Apr 13, 2012
    wow, what happened to this show? it started as a Hilarius show, and then... nothing, this show turned to complete crap, nothing but horrible jokes, disturbing images, and a sponge who likes a squid WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much. and the worst part is, nickelodeon praises it as the best show on tv
    every year on the kca. i swear that thing is nothing but advertizement for this show. so in short, this show sucks
  12. Nov 8, 2011
    WHAT??? You call this Spongebob? N(d)ickelodeon? You must like to ruin childhoods. I loved Spongebob as a kid, but ever since it became garbage after the writing switch, iv'e hated him.
  13. Aug 30, 2011
    I love this season, but not the best season. Episodes come on months after. I missed at least 3 of this seasons episode. Totally not the best season! I just wish the season would get better.
  14. Aug 12, 2011
    Spongebob is ok for children but it is very annoying. My niece watches it 24/7 and and it does your head in. I think that spongebob has gotten more disgusting because they're always ripping out brains and eyeballs and its horrible. They also do more graphic pictures and they are horrible aswell. But overall the first episodes were much much better
  15. Oct 18, 2010
    This is show is now absolute, utter trash. Simply revolting in every way. Gross-out humor without the humor. It's far too violent for a Y7 rating and nearly every conversation and event is an OBVIOUS double entendre. Highly inappropriate for children, and terrible for everyone. Spongebob was great, but it's time to let him die peacefully.

There are no critic reviews yet.