• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 17, 2014
  • Season #: 1
7.6

1. Feb 18, 2014
    A fresh new series that really keeps you wanting more! It really makes you ask yourself how will humans react if they came across alien life. I highly recommend it!
  2. Feb 17, 2014
    So excited for this show! Aimee Teegarden from Friday Night Lights, Matt Lanter from 90210, Malese Jow from Vampire Diaries, Grey Damon from Nine Lives... oh man. I will be watching every episode!
  3. Feb 18, 2014
    A modern take on Romeo and Juliet. Also a great way to explore prejudice. This show has much more potential than just another teen romance show. Oh, it will probably be that, but it's got so much more going for it. It's definitely not a remake of Roswell.
  4. Feb 25, 2014
    My review after two episodes: Its not bad and its not good either. I feels like the writers decided to throw "Twilight" (''We cant be together, I am a monster'' blabla) together with the 1960s athmosphere of segregation (Martin Luther Kings approach to equality vs Black Power approach vs whites only) and to make the story ''fresh'' (we are all a bit tired of Vampires, arent we?), they replaced the Vamps with Aliens. As simple as it sounds, it could be the base for a good show. Yet, the writers decided not to do anything further with it but build a cheesy and obvious love story on top of it. (Sometimes I really wonder where they get those writers from) What makes the Aliens so different from humans? At the moment all that is 'different' are Tattoos on their faces. They are all white and all attractive and are all fullfilling the stereotype of a typical westener. The fact that the little boy knew how to use a fork just fell right into the assumption that the alien race must have a western-like culture. There is lots of talk of "two worlds" and 'culture clashing', yet all they portray is one world, one culture. No explanation of why the two cultures are different and why they clash, and most importantly it is not explained why all the characters blindly hate on each other. Yet, the storyline has a fast pace and a couple of good twists, which distracts you from the lack of background information that would have given the show a lot more depth. Expand
  5. Feb 19, 2014
    Addictive and fun! I cannot wait to see how this series plays out. I have my expectations level so high because this show has so much potential. The script was an 8/10. The alien appearance was a 2/10. The storyline was a 9/10. The tools used was a 10/10. The location was a 10/10. The action so far was a 4/10. The comedy was a 6/10. The drama was a 9/10. Overall; 7.25/10.
  6. Apr 3, 2014
    Star-Crossed thus far has been a very good show. I've been keeping track of viewer ratings and to my surprise they haven't been off the charts. Guaranteed if people would give the show a chance they would be hooked. I hope ratings increase because if they don't there just might not be a season 2. I would also like to put out a big THANK YOU to The CW Network because they put out a lot of awesome shows. Expand
  7. Mar 14, 2014
    If you remember Roswell, and remember loving it, Star-Crossed is for you. All the complexity of alien/human interaction and mutual discovery, with more politic and social commentary (as the aliens are not secret, but kept in the Sector, which is basically a glorified concentration camp).
  8. Mar 24, 2014
    This show is amazing and so much more different than other shows. I watched the pilot episode on hulu out of complete boredom and was blown away after that. As I was watching the third episode, I managed to get my sister, boyfriend, AND another friend into it. It's seriously such a great show. At first, I was like "Oh.. I hate aliens.. I'm not gonna like this" But oh, trust me.. it's nothing like that. It's just wonderful. Expand
  9. Mar 30, 2014
    I just started watching Star Crossed last week and liked it so much I went back and watched all the other episodes that I missed. I wish Star Crossed was promoted better. They barely promoted it, and when they did, it was mostly shown as a typical teenaged love story. But there’s so much more going on, double agents, traitors, political issues, etc. I love the sci-fi aspect of it among other things. I hope the show gets renewed. It reminds me of Dark Angel with Jessica Alba from back in the day which unfortunately got cancelled after being moved to the dreaded Fri night time slot. Star Crossed also has good music. I discovered some new bands and music because of the show. It’s not all teeny-bopper stuff. Wish more people would give it a chance. Poor promoting does not help. The show is good and still has lots of potential so I hope it does not get cancelled. Expand
  10. Apr 2, 2014
    Watched the pilot remind me of a cross between V and Romeo &juliet . I love it ,can't wait to see more .i have high hopes for this new series. Watch it I recommend it
  11. Feb 20, 2014
    Sick vision of some American mind thinking that they can treat everyone different like Indians. And an American who is living in times of terror with no personal freedom - disgusting.
  12. Mar 5, 2014
    A brand new series with a bright interesting take on alien life. Teen angst mixed in with serious mature themes might make this interesting for more then the 12 to 17 age group. I watched with my 2 grand daughters and we all enjoyed the first 2 episodes. The premise of aliens adapting to life with humans, mixed with muderous plots may make for a few more episodes to see if the show becomes ludicrous, or continues to make good sense.so far, so good. Expand
  13. Mar 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Star crossed is awesome I love it I hope there r more episode and that they won't cancel it awesomeness sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss all the boys are cute on star crossed but I favorite boy on there is Liam from 90210 that show is awesome too Expand
  14. Mar 27, 2014
    I am in love with this TV series!! The alien-human star-crossed lovers is a little cliché, but what makes it so much better is that they don't immediately get together, they keep their distance, even though its killing me waiting for their first kiss!!! All I have to say is: I think I'm addicted.
  15. Mar 31, 2014
    I loved this series. It may have alot of the same romantic and science fiction feel to it, but this story pulls you in and makes you want to figure out whats going to happen. I love both Matt and Aimee they work together very well (even thought they are not currently on talking terms). I see a bright future for this story line and can officially call this my new obsession.
  16. Mar 31, 2014
    The premise was simple enough and was very tempting. Although we are still waiting on the juicy lovey-dovey scenes of Roman and Emery we are stuck with political innuendos and the constant and exhausting attempts of successful integration. But what a good show without the drama right? So until Emery toughens up and makes up her mind, we will just be waiting to see how long Roman can hold on.
  17. Apr 12, 2014
    This Show Gives Us A New Perspective About Human - Alien Interaction. If This Series Is To Be Played With A Big Budget, I This This Would Be The Best Series. This Idea Is Fresh.
  18. Apr 23, 2014
    I think of all the new shows I have seen, this one has the potential to go the distance. Prejudice can take many, many forms. This will open the door to much conflict and resolution. The writers will be able to create from a multitude of sources: history, current events, literature, etc. I took a point off because the first season has focused too strongly on one theme and one idea with a limited focus group they wanted to appeal to. With a less streamlined approach, CW could be looking at a cross genre hit. Expand
  19. Zic
    Feb 17, 2014
    So 1st contact, dont land in USA (they shoot first and ask questions later, maybe). Lots of hatred between 2 races in this series, but no explanation why.
  20. Mar 31, 2014
    I honestly like it, hope it gets a second season nice love story and nice world the tv show built. Reminds me of Roswell and that tv show was awesome!
  21. Mar 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gave it the ol' college try. It failed miserably. The plot is thin or more like broken. Writing is poor. Directing is horrible. I can't blame the actors for their poor performances because it's up to the directors to lead the way. Emery found out about the Red Hawk's identities but hasn't told anyone? She's basically harboring "terrorists"/extremists in plain sight. She hasn't notified the police. I thought she would at least mention it to Roman since she's a big Atrian supporter. And yet, she starts dating the Grayson, the son of Red Hawk extremists?? Well, that makes no sense to me. What is this show really about anyway? Affirmative action, bullying, terrorism, stereotypes, racial discrimination? Take your pick. It's clear to me that the writers are unclear about any focal points. They're trying way too hard to address real life issues and a failed attempt to disguise all of these issues in the show. "Tatties" is the new word for minorities? It's sad that the show is portraying people with tattoos as minorities. The bullying is a little much. Constant "racial" slurs makes the show feel low budget, like they they couldn't afford better writers. If they're going to set a show in high school then they need to research things like "slang" or figures of speech. I keep wondering what's the deal between Emery and Roman. They give each other this awkward looks like a dozen times in each episode. It's starting to annoy me. Are they friends or not? They need to make up their minds. Oh wait, they can't be friends because Emery is getting her freak on with the Red Hawk up-and-comer. I have no idea where this show is going but at this rate, there won't be a next season.
    I can pick apart this show piece by piece but there are just way too many flaws.
  22. Mar 29, 2014
    With the basic idea and its sci fi element could have been so much more. However, the dialogue is quite poor. Characters and relationships with each other are not profoundly explored.
  23. Apr 20, 2014
    well, now is time to disagree
    the series aren't bad at all (i like sci-fi) and the story is really interesting but....... when the "seriously" part come and show an ET in love with a human? what? camon!! more cliché please!
  24. Apr 22, 2014
    The CW network has a tendency of tolerating such cliche shows.Despicable!Useless!Boring!Predictable!Just plain annoying.Even women won't stand this disgrace.
  25. May 7, 2014
    I absolutely love this show! The plot, the setting, the episodes are all thrilling and so different than what is on Tv nowadays. I love the story so far and I really hope there is a season 2! They should cancel all those prolonged shows like Supernatural and Beauty & the Beast. This show definitely needs a season 2!
  26. May 17, 2014
    Star-Crossed is facinating sci-fi show that keeps it real and believable. What I love about it is that it ticks all the boxes that includes action and romance. The characters aren't one of those 'perfect' ones that feature so often when the fights between good and bad and a major theme in the show, this enables the audience to connect with the character that are 'only human'.
    I gave this
    show a 10 because it was the first in YEARS that got me excited. I get bored so easily with the 'omg he's so perfect, oh no they've killed him... no wait he's coming back to life again for the billionth time', Star-crossed keeps it real even though it is out of this world.
    I strongly believe the show should go on, it will become more and more successful with every episode.
  27. May 21, 2014
    This is a great TV series it's rather a good take for a love story, a show worth while for everyone to watch I really hope there is a season 2 please
  28. May 22, 2014
    I can not believe they cancelled star crossed it made me so angry the ratings are good very sad to see a great show end on season 1 the show was amazing and the CW should bring it back its a shame, it makes you want me every week and they ended it :(
  29. Jul 11, 2014
    This show was a fabulous idea executed poorly. It was really looking forward to it when it came out, but after four episodes I couldn't watch it anymore. The plot was predictable and quite boring, the characters fell in love at first sight, and the characters argued over trivial matters for no other point than to try and keep the show interesting.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Feb 24, 2014
    Star-Crossed lacks humor, suspense or even heat.
  2. Reviewed by: Lily Moayeri
    Feb 20, 2014
    Star-Crossed is a by-the-numbers, odds-against, inter-species, teenage love story.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Feb 18, 2014
    With a premise that's at least 20 years past its "fresh until" date, the issues in Star-Crossed get handled with mostly predictable, rote exploration to the point that one has to wonder, does this show matter? Probably not.