• Network: UPN
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 16, 1995
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.0

1. Sep 9, 2011
    One of my favorites. Currently rewatching the catalog. Just came here to say check out S02E01, it's totally where they got the idea for the television show "Lost."
  2. Aug 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Star Trek Voyager...where it all started to go wrong.
    There are tons of people on the net who can do eloquent reviews of every episode(I'd suggest you go check Chuck Sonnenburgs SF Debris) but what can I say about Season 1 of VOY?
    It had a hell of a premise, a crew of mostly fresh-faced Starfleet Officers forced to work with the cynical and world weary Maquis who are left 75 thousand light years away from home. I mean, the writers could have had a blast with the plethora of story opportunities, an evil double of the Federation that does everything they do, but with a sinister edge. See, that came right out of the air while writing this, but what does the series do? It treads the same stagnant water that has been a staple of Trek for eight years, reusing the same tired plots while leaving the better storytelling to the better writers on Voyager's Big Brother DS-9.
    Yet it still had its moments, there were good characters and good episodes, it's just a big shame that they didn't do anything with the stuff they had.
  3. Dec 28, 2012
    Not as good as Star Trek TNG but the only spin-off series that I've really been able to get into since TNG was cancelled. Season 1 was kind of weak and the whole time travel/temporal distortion thing was overdone and Janeway annoyed me at first. But even when I watch, Season 1 of my favourite series, Star Trek TNG I see even my favourite shows sometimes have shaky first seasons.

Janeway

Janeway grows on you overtime. The Doctor is an interesting character who develops over the entire series. Seven, introduced in later seasons is also an interesting character who brings a lot to the show when she shows up. Tuvok is a typical Vulcan. I don't really like B'Elanna Torres as a Klingon, she is way too soft and emotional, I know she's half human but Worf was raised by humans in TNG and he wasn't so soft. Neelix is alright. Other than that the other characters are somewhat mediocre and don't go through much character development from what I remember. Like all spin-off series, the plot is a lot thinner than TNG (not many sub-plots). Of the spin-off series this is the one that is most similar to TNG and the original series (my two favourites) which is probably why this is the spin-off I like most. 9/10 because I reserved 10/10 for TNG and the original series, but still a decent series to watch.
  4. Jun 28, 2014
    This TVs series is a masterpiece. The characters are amazing, funny and loveable. Graphics were amazing when it came out and still enjoyable. Great story and writing and brilliant concept.

1. Reviewed by: David Hiltbrand
    Jun 26, 2013
    The new entry is more action-oriented and less morally ponderous than the recent Star Trek series. But it still suffers from its predecessors' overdeveloped air of gravitas.
  2. Reviewed by: Frederic M. Biddle
    Jun 25, 2013
    It efficiently, if unevenly, introduces nine new characters and recaptures some of the sense of wonder that made NBC's 1966-69 original the Holy Writ of screen sci-fi. [16 Jan 1995]
  3. Reviewed by: Monica Collins
    Jun 25, 2013
    The cast around Mulgrew is excellent. ... Mulgrew, however, drags it all down. Starfleet commanders are not supposed to be this dull, stiff and joyless. As a woman, she's all cardboard and mannish. [16 Jan 1995]