Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.4

1. Nov 16, 2010
    Actually pretty good. I think the only reason this kicked crap out of the movie is that the TV show can deliver us scenes without making it into a big mess.
  2. LeeL.
    Oct 9, 2008
    I really enjoyed the Show... The only time i felt myself slipping out of their animated world was when the Droids speak... The childish dialogue and unintelligent actions of the droids makes me wonder why the Separatists bothered with them, showing such incompetence. Anyway... I like the idea of a weekly star wars story. And i enjoyed the first 2 eps i have seen.
  3. ChrisD.
    Oct 12, 2008
    Is this the same series that started with that awful movie? So far so good! Just shut the droids up and change the intro voice.
  4. MW.
    Oct 9, 2008
    Thank you George...This is a wonderful addition to the ongoing series, one that can continue for years to come. One gripe is in the stupid humor that occurs from time to time..other than that, it's great Star Wars!
  5. AlexF.
    Oct 9, 2008
    Great stories and animation for a TV show. Now all they have to do is kill off Ahsoka (Anakin's apprentice).
  6. RobinM.
    Oct 6, 2008
    I am a huge rfan of Star Wars and think this is a decent action packed entertaining hour. Much better than this summer's theatrical release.
  7. Feb 10, 2016
    This reveiw goes towards the series as a whole, not by one season.

I love this show. I think its better than all the prequels combined. It has great stories, developed characters, and great animation.
  8. Jan 12, 2016
    You think this may be for kids, but its contextually accurate with most of the SW lore. Kids shows don't have complex plot points and attempt to wrap up with a happy ending at the end of 30 minutes, kids shows don't let bad guys win, this does. PLUS this show has some pretty dark plots in it. My point is, don't knock it until you watched it for yourself, It really fleshes out the SWYou think this may be for kids, but its contextually accurate with most of the SW lore. Kids shows don't have complex plot points and attempt to wrap up with a happy ending at the end of 30 minutes, kids shows don't let bad guys win, this does. PLUS this show has some pretty dark plots in it. My point is, don't knock it until you watched it for yourself, It really fleshes out the SW universe, and is even accurate with its other cannon franchises like SWTOR and KOTOR. its eerily references the future movies that it was made before and makes some pretty interesting back watching and going "oh yeah! Anakin goes back there and fights Obi Wan in the movie!" familiar places and familiar characters, fleshed out ready for our later movie ingestion. given the cheese, common, you have to have some cheese, you have to have some plot holes, its not made my perfectionists with a truck load of fans to help write. give it a break. for what it is, and what it does in fleshing out the SW universe 10/10 Expand
  9. Jul 14, 2016
    Though featuring mechanical animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season 1 is a thrilling, action-packed season that makes the most out of its short episodes, and will impress many hardcore fans of the saga..
  10. BrettT.
    Oct 23, 2008
    Great show, my son and I love watching it together.
  11. Dec 4, 2010
    The only good show on Cartoon Network these days (although Young Justice looks promising). Very fine addition to the expanded universe of Star Wars, and, dare I say it, just as wonderful as the six live action movies. Thank you George Lucas!
  12. May 17, 2012
    Star wars: the clone wars: season 1 is good, a few episodes are brilliant, a couple of episodes suck, a few are great, and the rest are just good. Sometimes it is quite funny. The art style is kinda weird, I don't love it. Asoka tano is annoying. It's better than the movie (only just). I'll put it this way, it's a good show (so far), I know I say this about everything I give a 7, but IStar wars: the clone wars: season 1 is good, a few episodes are brilliant, a couple of episodes suck, a few are great, and the rest are just good. Sometimes it is quite funny. The art style is kinda weird, I don't love it. Asoka tano is annoying. It's better than the movie (only just). I'll put it this way, it's a good show (so far), I know I say this about everything I give a 7, but I want to give it an 8, but it doesn't quite deserve it. Expand
  13. Sep 29, 2011
    This is a very good show. I think that it really captures a more cartoon type version of the Star Wars Franchise. Every episode is very original, has a great story, and makes the show so amazing. I've been watching this show since its first episode, and I've loved it ever since. Aside from the plot of every episode, the animation is great too. It's like nothing I've ever seen before.This is a very good show. I think that it really captures a more cartoon type version of the Star Wars Franchise. Every episode is very original, has a great story, and makes the show so amazing. I've been watching this show since its first episode, and I've loved it ever since. Aside from the plot of every episode, the animation is great too. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. I hate it when people underrate this show because it's meant for children. To me it's meant for everyone! Collapse
  14. Jun 18, 2012
    Great tv show, Soooooo dynamic and interesting, I don't like the Prequels but I do like this, it is very interesting to see the transformation of each character over the 4 years..... Awesome.
  15. Nov 25, 2012
    The story and the animation are awesome!I love watching this with my nephews and as the show progresses its getting better and better,the story telling vastly improved over the previous seasons and the animation is even better.
  16. Jul 7, 2014
    This is the nicest animated show ever. I cannot understand why Disney is so **** up and closed it. The first 3 were the greatest, with nice antagonists and unique plot. Then, the next seasons were wonderful. I got to understand why the war started, why the Jedi and who is who... because the show doesn't offer you hints regarding the past of any character.
    I am almost finished watching it.
    I am almost finished watching it. I am at the sixth season and I am waiting for news for another two seasons!
    You must watch it!
  17. May 16, 2014
    I loved this show, I love the stories, animation, and it's great that a lot of the main Star Wars characters are back, the writing is phenomenal I really liked all of the characters. Ashoka and Cad Bane are my top two favorite characters Cad Bane is really funny.

I'm really looking forward to Star Wars: Rebels and I hope Ashoka returns as that was a bit of a cliffhanger.
  18. Mar 3, 2011
    This is the best TV show to ever be made. There has never been a better TV show that was made previous to this. Maybe the live action Star Wars show that might eventually come out will be better, but that's about it.
  19. Mar 15, 2014
    I have no idea why this has such high ratings. anyone giving this a high rating has clearly gone to Mos Eisley Cantina and got drunk with Han Solo, and thought Greedo shot first.
  20. DarkmemMX
    Oct 6, 2008
    I really enjoy the show, Joda rule the galaxy baby! and plo-koon are just and awesome jedi.
  21. Apr 16, 2014
    Great show. Some of the episodes seem like filler but I especially like the ones that involve the clone troopers as they barely get any love during the movies. This show has given them personality and their struggles as human beings to be free and unique from each other. It also "fixes" Anakin's character as it makes him more of the great warrior he was supposed to be before he turned toGreat show. Some of the episodes seem like filler but I especially like the ones that involve the clone troopers as they barely get any love during the movies. This show has given them personality and their struggles as human beings to be free and unique from each other. It also "fixes" Anakin's character as it makes him more of the great warrior he was supposed to be before he turned to the dark side and eventually became Darth Vader. Maybe people may not like Ashoka Tano at first but she grows on you after several seasons as she learns to be a better Jedi. Even if people don't like the show overall due to whatever reason, I don't think any Star Wars fan can resist liking the ones that include the story of Squad Domino (Fives/Echo, etc.) and the ones that develop Captain Rex's character. The only fault the show has is that it does jump around from character to character very quickly just like the movies do. Overall, it does help fill in a lot of the plot holes and develops characters (especially the Jedi Masters) that make cameos in the movies but are never formally introduced. Jedi Master Plo Koon went from one of the Jedi Masters that were executed in Order 66 in the "Revenge of the Sith" to one of my favorite Jedi in Star Wars lore. This guy is pretty awesome. If it weren't for this show, we would have never known about him. I'm just glad to see a more mature and interesting version of Anakin Skywalker. Expand
  22. May 22, 2014
    Clone Wars is a big improvement over the prequel films it's spun off from. It features much more interesting characters and stories. Plus the action is much more compelling because the characters are much better developed.
  23. Mar 2, 2016
    An exciting way to expand upon the Star Wars lore and flesh out the time between episodes 2 and 3. "The Clone Wars" do an incredible job of capturing the magic of the movies in the form of a TV show. The characters new and old are incredibly enjoyable and so are their adventures in this first season.

What I love about the show is that it goes beyond the movies by pulling elements and characters from the extended universe. While some are quite obscure, those who are familiar enough with the extended lore are sure to get a kick out of the not-so-familiar faces and references. For everyone else the show serves as a nice, light introduction to them so there's no required reading before jumping in. Just watch the movies first.

The show also adds it's own additions to the universe in the form of exclusive characters and big moments. The show does a great job of adding more meat to the overall series and might even make you look at elements of Revenge of the Sith in a new way just because you watched the events leading up to it.

Don't think that just because this show is animated that it's pulling any punches. This is an action packed series with plots that have real stakes and can be quite dark at times. It's on the same level as the movies. The battles are flashy, exciting, and an all around blast to watch.

The plotting of the show is nonlinear. The majority of episodes are stand-alone conflicts with a few arcs stretching for a handful of episodes. It's a great set up that allows the writers to bounce around from idea to idea, conflict to conflict without being restricted to an overall plot line. It shows just how large the actual Clone Wars are and pays off in the long run, even if some episodes feel like only a piece of an uncompleted whole as a result.

Overall this is a fantastic addition to the Star Wars universe. One that any Star Wars fan should check out regardless of age. It expands upon the universe in exciting and surprising ways. The feel of the movies is masterfully captured here and I can't wait to see what comes next.

I give the first season a 9.4/10.
  24. Feb 15, 2015
    Good part, esoteric references and story of the Rise of the Republic. Bad Part, making Clones and battle droids look like intelligent being with their own personality's. Good for kids, and seekers of the Esoteric side of the force,
  25. Nov 23, 2012
    A great show if you love Star Wars. I love each and every episode. They show a lot of the planets that you never actually got to see in the movies which is awesome.

Unfortunately the fact that Anakin has a padawan is very annoying to me. Ahsoka annoys the heck out of me. The droids in this show are also very annoying because they actually talk... Like wtf. In the movie they don't really talk. I mean, they say things like "roger" but that's about it, but in this show they actually talk and act like they're not robots which is weird.

Great show otherwise, though.
  26. Nov 12, 2012
    Despite the low rating, The show is quite good and has a ton of potential for future seasons. My biggest problems with the show this season though are as follows. 1 - There were plenty lines of dialogue that were just awful, Lines intended to be funny but were not, That needs to change. 2 - There was no real story line this season. It was basically jumping from one event to another, SomeDespite the low rating, The show is quite good and has a ton of potential for future seasons. My biggest problems with the show this season though are as follows. 1 - There were plenty lines of dialogue that were just awful, Lines intended to be funny but were not, That needs to change. 2 - There was no real story line this season. It was basically jumping from one event to another, Some spanning multiple episodes (which I liked better then just one episode events), They need a better overall plot next season. 3 - Lack of a main villain. Shows, especially shows like this, thrive on villains and their lack of one definently hurt it. It seems, at least from the teasers of the next season, that they fixed that but only time will tell. 4 - It takes a while to get into. I took me about 5 episodes to get into the show. If you wanna watch the show then I would advise at least giving it an entire season before deciding on dropping it or not.

As for the positives. 1 - A ton of potential, The show is rather solid overall with good voice acting and good production values, If the storyline improves then they have a hit on their hands. 2 - I love seeing the point of view from background characters, Characters that are not focused on in the films but are in the show. There are a few episodes focusing on the clone troopers and how they deal with the war, I quite liked that and hope they give more of it. 3 - I love how they break up events into multiple episodes. It makes for a much better story overall imo.

As I said in the begining, The show has a ton of potential but the first season of the show is flawed but has a ton of room for improvement.
  27. Jul 31, 2014
    This is the Breaking Bad of cartoons. I like Star Wars in a passing way but this show is so well written and directed, thrilling in every minute. probably the most entertaining show I have seen and I watched by accident.
  28. Mar 5, 2013
    Fantastic. Excellent action, animation and sometimes even some brutal violence.
  29. Apr 17, 2013
    Love it. It's what the prequels should have been. And anyone that says otherwise isn't a true Star Wars fan. Sometimes it can be a little cheesy but as the years went buy each season got better and better and better. It actually got to the point of almost a drama. 10/10
  30. May 2, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Excerpts from Particular Episode Reviews For Example:]

Episode One- Ambush

Starting off any series, even an animated one, on the right note is crucial in television. Thankfully, Master Yoda is here to ensure that is the case for The Clone Wars. Although the show is known for jumping all about the timeline of the Clone Wars in general, I think this was a welcome stepping off point. Following a tale of Yoda and a few clones pinned down by a droid army ambush, it established the tone of the animated adventures.

Episode Five- Rookies

Enter Officers Cody and Rex. They may not entirely be commanders at this particular time, as they are quite assuredly leading together. However, they are no less formidable or interesting than their Episode II and III big screen counterparts or their Extended Universe compatriots. As the title would suggest, their biggest goal is to train their rookie troops to fight off a droid invasion of their base. It has its dark moments, as far as the animated series is concerned anyway, however as always things end on a relatively upbeat note.

Episode Ten- Lair of Grievous

Being that it is an origin story of sorts for the Clone Wars itself, The Clone Wars seeks to feature General Grievous heavily and puts that to good use in this episode. Pursuing Count Dooku, Jedi Master Kit Fisto and his troops chase the Count into the middle of what turns out to be Grievous’ hideout. Needless to say, true to the warlord’s infamous reputation, few survive the ensuing battle. It’s as tense as the show has gotten thus far.

Episode Sixteen- The Hidden Enemy

Upon invading and attempting to liberate the planet of Christophsis, Skywalker and Kenobi find evidence of a traitor among their men and seek to discover who it is before it is too late for the invasion. Along the way they run into difficulties with Asaj Ventress while Cody and Rex must hold their own as their base is continually sabotaged by the traitor. In the end, it is a matter of ethics and the questionable freedom of the clones that is philosophically discussed at the end of the day, setting a later stage for their eagerness or not in carrying out Order 66 I would assume.

Episode Twenty-One- Liberty on Ryloth

The conclusion of the Ryloth story arc and a major victory for the Republic all occurs within this episode. Mace Windu joins the fight and attempts to convince a local resistance general to aid the Republic in throwing the Separatist forces off the planet, only if the clones and their forces agree to leave soon thereafter as well. Politics behind the scenes threaten this new proposition as well however.

31. Dec 8, 2015
    George Lucas and ”his” projects continue to submerge in quality.

George Lucas and ”his” projects continue to submerge in quality.

The journey in the galaxy far, far away continues where the somewhat bad; theatrical film left of. We follow several different characters during the infamous ’Clone Wars’ and see many different perspectives of the epic war. There isn't a specific focus on a specific individual, just the war as a whole. The characters as often expressed in a very plot-centric way and there isn't any time for feel nor understanding to them; it’s obvious that George Lucas was deeply involved with this project. They aren't alive and we don't really get to know them. The dialogs are just as Lucas-ish as ’The Phantom Menace’; many are reused, forced, too fact-based and very reaction-ish. The adventures of the main antagonists can be very entertaining but also draggy between different episodes. The plot can be smooth and really good but all to often very rushed, stupid and boring. It doesn't get any better that the whole show isn't in a chronological order, poor kids that are new to the show and can't hang along. Such a smart choice by the writers! The show still got some bright spots like great cinematography, many inside-jokes and connections to the films, and the plot can be good from time to time. Still; the CGI can be very depressing and the show tries very hard to be entertaining but it really isn't. There’s no empathy to the dry and almost non-existing characters nor any real entertainment to the plot. This first season might work for you, but wont for others. But for me is it still somewhat okay to watch, but nothing I would watch if it wasn't due to the near presence of ’The Force Awakens’.

My overall personal rating for each episode is 7.17/10.

Personal rating: 6/10
    Critical rating: 4/10
  32. Apr 28, 2015
    Great show! The prequel trilogy has some good stuff in it after all. This show is too violent for children, & they even swore in one episode. This show makes you have feelings for people who talk & look exactly the same, which never happened in the 3 movies.
  33. Nov 18, 2015
    No esta mal... Podría ser mejor, Grivous no es ni la mitad de lo que era en la película, y el de la película no era ni la mitad del de la serie del 2003. Aparte la del 2003 tenía mejor acción junto a unos episodios mas cortos pero aun así mas entretenidos... Pero aun así no esta tan mal como decían. Tiene momentos tontos pero incluso esos dan alguna que otra risa. También tiene unaNo esta mal... Podría ser mejor, Grivous no es ni la mitad de lo que era en la película, y el de la película no era ni la mitad del de la serie del 2003. Aparte la del 2003 tenía mejor acción junto a unos episodios mas cortos pero aun así mas entretenidos... Pero aun así no esta tan mal como decían. Tiene momentos tontos pero incluso esos dan alguna que otra risa. También tiene una atmosfera mas seria de lo que tiene Rebels. No creo que sea mejor que la serie del 2003, al menos no la temporada 1, pero aun así no puedo negar que no me molesta que esta serie sea canon. 07/1' Expand
  34. Jan 11, 2015
    It's a decent start to the long-running (and amazing) Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series. Season 1 may be the season you go back to the least but the first time through, it'll be as great as the six films! That's saying something, isn't it?
  35. Jan 11, 2016
    amazing stories, amazing animations, amazing score, this is my favorite animated tv show of all time shame this successful money maker was canceled for no good reason to be replaced by **** Rebels cough cough.
  36. Apr 4, 2016
    This first season seem of The Clone Wars is very kid-friendly and can be hard to really like, especially the first with the childish actions of Ahsoka Tano and mostly flat and unconvincing dialogue.
  37. Feb 13, 2016
    If you wondered... there's a movie based on this show. I believe the TV series is better due to the fact that it's just a pair of episodes aired every day from its time. The movie feels more like a weak pilot episode to this TV series that should've just stayed on the Cartoon Network channel instead of going to theaters worldwide.
  38. Jan 30, 2016
    I went into the Clone Wars expecting a petty kid show that was just as awful as the Phantom Menace. I prepared myself to write a rant more or less in my review. Damn, was I wrong. After watching the first season on Netflix, I found myself wanting more. Sure the show isn't perfect, no show is, but it's funny, creative, and surprisingly dark at times. I appreciated how the show focused moreI went into the Clone Wars expecting a petty kid show that was just as awful as the Phantom Menace. I prepared myself to write a rant more or less in my review. Damn, was I wrong. After watching the first season on Netflix, I found myself wanting more. Sure the show isn't perfect, no show is, but it's funny, creative, and surprisingly dark at times. I appreciated how the show focused more on the characters more than anything else. No joke, I didn't want Anakin to turn now that I've seen how sarcastic and loving he is, not just the whiny baby we saw in the prequels. I can't wait to find the time to watch season two.

(P.S, the only reason I gave it a nine out of ten are the droids. THE DROIDS ARE SO GOD AWFUL AT EVERYTHING IT MAKES ME CRY.)
  39. Dec 11, 2016
    Star wars the clone wars is better than all the prequels combined. The animation is amazing, many well written story's, and and better characterizations than in the prequel movies themselves.
  40. Mar 24, 2017
    Right off the bat you would think a series with eleven seasons would be full of fillers but not a one is a filler that doesn't either explain a character's backstory or villain's it covers a large amount of the important parts of all of the clone wars in an interesting documentary like fashion going story by story in a very complete series 9.2/10
  41. Sep 9, 2017
    People may say that this is a kids show, I disagree!
    It is violent and full of action!
    It is a great show! TOO BAD THAT DISNEY CANCELLED IT...
    10/10 :D
  42. Nov 10, 2017
    I generally enjoyed the show. I really liked the portrayal of the major characters, especially Anakin and Obi-Wan. It was very clear how the events that happened in the series could help shape who they become later. I also enjoyed the themes of most of the episodes. Another positive was the development of clones as individuals, making us think more about the actual people fighting the war.I generally enjoyed the show. I really liked the portrayal of the major characters, especially Anakin and Obi-Wan. It was very clear how the events that happened in the series could help shape who they become later. I also enjoyed the themes of most of the episodes. Another positive was the development of clones as individuals, making us think more about the actual people fighting the war. That being said, there are some definite flaws. Grevious jumping into his fighter at the last minute for like five episodes in a row, the overuse of battle droid humor, the lackluster textures in some episodes. Also, while I did like the concept of Jar Jar posing as a Jedi, I found the episode annoying because no effort was made to downsize the obnoxious aspects of his character. He generally was overused. Also, I felt like there were too many interchangeable Jedi characters. Rather than putting Kit Fisto, Mace Windo, Aayla Secura, Yoda, Plo Koon, Luminara Unduli, and more, the show could have picked a few to develop more. The others could be saved for a different season. Expand
  43. Feb 14, 2018
    I watched the first 5 seasons with my older son when he was 10 or 11. I've been re-watching them on Netflix with my younger son who is 11 now. We enjoy these much more than the episode 7 and 8 movies.
  44. Mar 28, 2018
    Of all the Star Wars movies and shows that I have seen and games that I have played, nothing has captured the true essence of Star Wars better then The Clone Wars. At first you might thing that this is just a kids cartoon but you couldn't be further from the truth. The Clone Wars series is actually a well written cornucopia of everything that makes Star Wars great. Having Dave Filoni, aOf all the Star Wars movies and shows that I have seen and games that I have played, nothing has captured the true essence of Star Wars better then The Clone Wars. At first you might thing that this is just a kids cartoon but you couldn't be further from the truth. The Clone Wars series is actually a well written cornucopia of everything that makes Star Wars great. Having Dave Filoni, a super-fan among super-fans as the primary mind behind this show is the best thing that could have happened. He knows what fans want because he wants it too! Characters like Anakin and Jar Jar who often came across as annoying in the movies are actually handled far better on this show. Also by highlighting characters like Ashoka Tano and Asajj Ventress just to name a few, keeps the focus of the stories right in the grey areas of the Force. The clone troopers really shine in the show. Despite seeing hundreds of clones die you can't help but worry about what could happen to your favorite clones, like Rex, Echo or Fives. This show kept the soul of Star Wars alive during those years when it looked like there might never be another movie. If Disney put Dave Filoni and gang in charge of the entire Star Wars franchise I feel that they could create even greater Star Wars. Expand
  45. May 2, 2018
    The main thing I always think of when I remember this show is Savage Opress. Not only did they successfully pull off the “you had a secret brother” thing with him very well, but his first episode is incredibly tragic, showing how he becomes this monster.

This new show is at least better paced than the horribly wooden prequels, but little about Clone Wars is involving.
  2. At least the TV spin-off is decent--definitely more suspenseful and character-centric than the bombastic pilot flick.
  3. Although no half-hour TV series is going to capture the visual splendor and sophisticated sound of the big-screen experience, it's surprising how well this series reflects the style, attitude, ideals and spirit of the six "Star Wars" films.