Stargate SG-1 : Season 6

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
6.6

1. Nov 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Stargate SG-1 has always been an up and down series, it's had it's high points(Fifth Race, Window of Opportunity, Point of View and Ripple Effect to name a few) there have been the low points, the terribly annoying ones and the down right useless ones(though I like Urgo, it goes nowhere, as do many others like 2010 and 2001) why start with this, well, this is the lowest season I've ever seen in a Stargate Series - and I'm including Universe in this.
    After Michael Shanks had either been canned or 'left to pursue other job offers' (as far as I know this hasn't been fully answered yet) he was replaced by the talented Corin Nemec who had played one of the many guest characters in the previous season in the penultimate episode of Season Five 'Meridian' (which is another great, if sad episode). If you've seen him in other things, you know that Corin is a decent actor, the only thing about Corin joining the main cast in season 6 is, he's blamed for the overall sucky-ness of the season.
    I completely disagree with this, it's not that Jonas is a go-nowhere character with a penchant for watching weather reports all day, the whole season is wrong, slow and flaccid, with episode after episode that simply goes nowhere and are all proud of the fact. Notable episodes are "Nightwalkers", where we see a town of Goa'uld clones that only have strength to control people at night building a ship to get them away from the Earth. "Shadow Play" where the Kelownan's want to reestablish contact with Earth, it's another 'same problem's, different planet' story, but with a twist of Dean Stockwell's psychosis that is handled about as well as teenagers doing a PSA about radiation poisoning. The season is littered with problem after problem, with episodes simply ending with no ramifications for the SG-C, I know that there are episodes where there is supposed to be foreshadowing(like Unnatural Selection) but if a third of all the episodes is nothing but building for better episodes a season or two later, then followed by episodes that have absolutely no impact on the in-universe story, why the hell would you want to watch that?
    Yes, there are good episodes, titles like Abyss and Full Circle are really decent episodes to watch, but when you take that in comparison to 'The Other Guys' 'Forsaken' 'Disclosure' 'Descent' and 'Frozen' along with some of the others I mentioned, this is simply a series to watch if you are already watching Stargate and have to keep the story flowing, though there are episodes that you could miss without it even effecting your viewing pleasure for Season 7, which is a VAST improvement.
  2. Oct 28, 2014
    Finally more adventure!

Finally more adventure!

In comparison with the fifth season, this is much more awesome. There are a lot of epic episodes that just blows my mind of, like "Prometheus", "Redemption" and "Full Circle". Anubis might be the best villain in the history of the show, he's so mysterious and scary! But unfortunately, there are still some less impressive episodes on earth. There's also a few unserious episodes that I'm just angry that there really made. These are "The Other Guys" and "The Changeling". But other than that is this sixth season of SG-1 awesome. We also got another main character, which is awesome, and he's perfect!

Don't listen to the bad reviews of this season, it's an incredible sci-fi show and everyone needs to watch it (it's so awesome!).

The average score for each episode is: 8.03
    Stargate SG-1: Season 6 get a 8/10

There are no critic reviews yet.