• Network: Syfy
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.5

1. Jul 20, 2011
    As someone who was a huge fan of both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, I've always been very disappointed in Stargate Universe. While some enjoy the drama, space soap that Stargate Universe adopted, I'm one of those that just did not. What made Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis work was the fact that it was cheesy, it never took itself seriously. Stargate Universe is the exact opposite.

There are very few characters that actually peak my interest, and those that do get very little screen time. The only parts that I actually can say that I enjoyed were the crossovers with characters from the old series.

What it really comes down to, though, is whether or not you like the space soap opera genre. It's never appealed to me, so of course Stargate Universe isn't going to appeal to me. If you like that style, then this is the show for you. Unfortunately, I can't say this is a show that I enjoy watching, no matter how much I wanted to like it.
  2. Oct 1, 2010
    First time i have commented but just so BAD i had to write something somewhere. Get the previous Star Gate writers back. Universe has so much potential and each episode is worse than the last. This series won't last. Boring episodes and the series is going nowhere ! Explore the bloody ship ! If i wanted a drama I'd watch 'days of our lives' ! Really people, with such successes of the previous Star Gate series why on earth, or any planet :-), would you go so far from the original filming style. This episode was so predictable, and the long music scenes at the end of most episode are getting old very fast. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: Christian Blauvelt
    Mar 4, 2011
    In its final season, this is one space opera that deserves to be put out of its misery. [11 Mar 2011, p.70]