Stephen King's It : Season 1

• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 18, 1990
8.1

1. Aug 20, 2016
    One of the most remarkable book adaptions I've ever seen. While it's not likely that everything from the book made it into to the movie, this mini-series feels like a complete tale all on it's own. I never felt like I was missing something. As a result what I watched stood out as one of the most fascinating works of horror I have ever watched.

Part of what makes Stephen King's It so

Part of what makes Stephen King's It so great is that it's so much more than a horror story. It's a tale about friends coming together to (literally) face the demons of their past. Themes like overcoming fear, the influence childhood experiences have on who you become, and many more make this such a compelling story. The characters are well-realized and layered. It's just as emotional as it is scary.

The horror element of this mini-series is also on point. There's just so much freaky crap happening. The sense of imagination here is incredible. Tim Curry's work as Pennywise is iconic for a reason. He makes genuinely unsettling and real. The way "It" is able to bend reality to it's will and manipulate the characters is genuinely terrifying in a way few other works of horror have ever been able to achieve. They simply don't make them like this anymore.

Stephen King's twisted vision might not entirely capture the essence and events of the book (I really can't say for sure as I have not read it), but what's here is a complete, masterfully created, and twisted horror vision that needs to be experienced. It's an outright masterpiece that's earned it's name as a classic piece of horror. It gives us one of the most terrifying villains in horror history that's backed up by an incredible performance by Tim Curry. All of which is supported by all around excellence in every other department as well. It is nothing less than a must watch.
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    this movie was scary as hell, which didn't surprise me considering that this is a stephen king movie. This movie is why im scared of clowns!, Chances are if you like scary movies and you are a fan of stephens other horror flicks like the mist than you will love this movie
  3. Nov 3, 2011
    The best Stephen King without a doubt. At first I was scared to watch it, but as I got older the dialouge made more sense and the storyline was very well thought through. Deffinitely a movie to watch with a group of friends instead of alone.
  4. Jan 24, 2013
    Probably the scariest movie of my childhood. Tim Curry's performance as Pennywise is just phenomenal. Just a real shame that it ended the way that it did. The ending did feel a bit out of context and really didn't fit very well with the rest of the film. To be honest I really only liked the first 75% of this movie. The end does get a bit boring. Really great seeing Seth Green in one of hisProbably the scariest movie of my childhood. Tim Curry's performance as Pennywise is just phenomenal. Just a real shame that it ended the way that it did. The ending did feel a bit out of context and really didn't fit very well with the rest of the film. To be honest I really only liked the first 75% of this movie. The end does get a bit boring. Really great seeing Seth Green in one of his earlier roles. Overall: a great horror of its time, and will always be a classic in my eye. Expand
  5. Jun 1, 2014
    "Stephen Kings It is Creepy and one of the best novel/movie of kings career". I watch this movie with my brother sam and it was creepy , awesome , weird and creative . Grade A
  6. Sep 4, 2014
    "It" is one of the better adaptations of one of Stephen King's works. It originally aired as a two-part miniseries. I felt the first part, which took place in 1960, was genuinely scary. The second part, which took place in 1990, was weaker, but it still had its moments. The acting from everyone is great, including the child actors, and Tim Curry as the titular character gives an especially"It" is one of the better adaptations of one of Stephen King's works. It originally aired as a two-part miniseries. I felt the first part, which took place in 1960, was genuinely scary. The second part, which took place in 1990, was weaker, but it still had its moments. The acting from everyone is great, including the child actors, and Tim Curry as the titular character gives an especially disturbing performance. I feel it's a classic of the horror genre, and if you are a fan of Stephen King's works, I definitely recommend this. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.