• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 18, 2006
8.3

1. C.B.
    Oct 4, 2006
    Best show since Sorkin left WW.
  2. Marcia
    Oct 6, 2006
    Liked this show better than any other new series this season. Surely hope that it makes it past the negative comments, which, I might add, are in the minority.
  3. CodeC
    Oct 9, 2006
    Outstanding show.
  4. AnaZ.
    Oct 5, 2008
    The greatest show ever. Incredible cast. Great plots and struggles. It's prolific, funny and strong, powerful. And I'm really sad (and angry) it did not make it to the next season. It should be on for a while. At least five seasons. I love you all who participated in creating it. You've done a great job. Now... make it come back.
  5. dcasey
    Oct 16, 2006
    one of the best new shows this year, imo. And a great replacement for West Wing. I'm glad to see that the folks from that show are back with such a good vehicle.
  6. DonnaZ
    Oct 10, 2006
    I'm extremely impressed with this show. The writing is rapid fire and smart, likewise for the performances. You care about the characters and the situations with which they deal. I've worked in broadcasting for 29 years (though not in sketch comedy) and I think Sorkin's nailed it. My favorite show of the season. NBC, this one needs to stick around. Wait until Emmy time, if I'm extremely impressed with this show. The writing is rapid fire and smart, likewise for the performances. You care about the characters and the situations with which they deal. I've worked in broadcasting for 29 years (though not in sketch comedy) and I think Sorkin's nailed it. My favorite show of the season. NBC, this one needs to stick around. Wait until Emmy time, if you don't believe me. Expand
  7. MaryB
    Intelligent, balanced, personal.
  8. BenB
    Oct 6, 2006
    -Some of Sorkin's best work, S60 is clever, witty, dramtic and funny, often at the same time. It's also an ensemble of fantastic actors who have been given interesting characters to explore. I can't wait to see how things unravel... I hope this show is given a chance to find an audience!
  9. WadeT
    Sep 19, 2006
    Pleasantly surprised. I found the elevating of what seems to be an unimportant (compared to West Wing) area to be quite plausible. Also, who knew that Matthew Perry was that good. Will be watching, and I normally don't watch television much these days.
  10. MikeB
    Sep 19, 2006
    As a die-hard West Wing fan I didn't know what was going to fill that void. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (not a fan of the title) will cater to an intelligent audience who appreciate great writing and an impressive ensemble cast. Thank you Sorkin!
  11. BlakeP
    Sep 29, 2006
    wounderful show!
  12. LitaB.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Although Aaron Sorkin has a weird take on the Brits (who doesn't? Mad, bad, interbred snobs the lot of us) speaking as one of them I have loved everthing he has written from the opening moments of Sports Night to the last second of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
  13. Rebecca
    Jul 8, 2007
    every second was worth watching... !
  14. MarinaT
    Oct 8, 2008
    One of the best shows I've ever seen with terrific actors and a great script.
  15. PerryY
    Nov 1, 2006
    I can't believe all the comments coming from those giving low scores. Sorkin's shows have always highlighted their characters to be the best at what they do and how smart they are and this show is no different. The witty one liners are consistent and entertaining. The scale is clearly different than running a country, but within the scope of running a sketch show, it is just right.
  16. DeniseMarieK
    Oct 1, 2006
    very very smart amanda peet's character is wonderful the new power is ...smart with humor
  17. JohnH
    Oct 10, 2006
    Best new program, clearly. I'm curious why NBC put it opposite CSI Miami, though. Hope NBC doesn't get skittish, they have nothing better.
  18. NikyH
    Oct 1, 2006
    This show is clever, funny and brings and excellent observation on what television has become, a must see.
  19. timg
    Oct 20, 2006
    finally! A TV show where the writing is important.
  20. Ruby
    Oct 23, 2006
    Outstanding! Studio 60 exudes wit, humor, style that I've come to expect from Aaron Sorkin. Keep it coming.
  21. angelaa
    Oct 30, 2006
    I love this show. And I wish everyone would give it a chance before saying they should pull it.
  22. eDeeB
    Oct 30, 2006
    I love this show. Finally NBC has done something right! I'm addicted.
  23. CarlC
    Oct 3, 2006
    Brilliant! Almost perfect
  24. Jackie
    Oct 3, 2006
    This show is great. The actors have great chemistry together and I love Matthew Perry.
  25. HelenE
    Oct 4, 2006
    Seems to be written for more intelligent tv viewers. Very quick pace and likable characters.
  26. jimbobsunshine
    the bomb !
  27. richardd
    Oct 9, 2006
    The smartest, best written show on tv. Bradley Whitford and Mathew Perry have terrific chemistry and each one shows deft comedic timing. Amanda Peet once again shows that she has the brains to go toe to toe with bigger stars. Tivo it and watch it twice! Like other Sorkin creations, you never get it all in just one viewing.
  28. David
    Sep 18, 2006
    Best New Fall Show of the season, possibly the best show on tv. Another great hit from Aaron Sorkin, creator of The West Wing.
    Sep 19, 2006
    just saw the pilot on monday. never watched west wing but i did watch "sports night" and there are alot of similarities. the first episode of studio 60 was funny, interesting, had a bunch of very good characters, and most importantly, made me not able to wait for the second episode.
  30. KristaR
    Sep 19, 2006
    Fabulous! Fast, witty -- true Sorkin style. Peet, Perry and Whitford were great!
  31. MarkZ
    Sep 19, 2006
    Well worth the wait... my favorite new show so far this season.
  32. JennyR
    Sep 22, 2006
    I love all of the main charicters, and to story line is funny, but also serious. The balance of both is good. I hope it keeps going I really like it. Matthew Perry is really good in his part I was very impressed with him!
  33. SCline
    Sep 24, 2006
    Thank God for Aaron Sorkin.
  34. JoaoM
    Feb 2, 2007
    Aaron Sorkin creates another all-time classic with he fast and intelligent writting, and besides that, looks like he made the impossible: make a serie better than The West Wing, if this show doesn't win the Emmy for Best drama, writing and directing, it will be sure that the world is in serious problems.
  35. mandab
    Mar 14, 2007
    love it!! i wish they would put it back on the air, its killing me not getting to watch what happens next
  36. CindyW.
    Jun 27, 2007
    My favorite show on television... if only NBC would keep it on.
  37. christianp.
    Jul 2, 2007
    What a shame that this was canceled. This show is a modern calssic through and through. Wonderfully written and acted, it is so rare that something like this comes along. RIP.
  38. BrookeM.
    Aug 18, 2007
    LOVE this show, cannot believe when I heard it might be going off the air!!
  39. Fred
    Sep 17, 2007
    The best is canceled but reality TV lives. My vote is for the best (Studio 60) but the rest, Reality TV lives on. Oh well the TV Gods don't want my vote.
  40. MatteoW.
    Mar 30, 2008
    Just Brilliant.
  41. JK
    Oct 10, 2006
    Eggscellent - I just hope it doesn't get cancelled!
  42. LauraA
    Nov 1, 2006
    This is absolutely the best show on TV. Smart, funny, moving - story line makes me want the next weeks episode to come fast. LOVE it!
  43. AndyW
    Nov 23, 2006
    Literate and funny script. Great acting and direction. Social commentary. Believable relationships. It's got it all.
  44. Sean
    Oct 16, 2006
    How can anyone not like this show?
  45. ChristinaA
    I love this show.
  46. John_K
    Oct 17, 2006
    This show is the best thing on TV.
  47. NancyJ
    Nov 8, 2006
    This is my favorite new show! The writing and acting are incredible!
  48. SlotkinsQ
    Nov 8, 2006
    The negative reviews accuse Studio 60 of "taking itself too seriously," but I say thank goodness. I'm tired of watching DUMBED DOWN shows that refuse to takes themselves seriously. Please, just leave us AT LEAST on smart show that's not from BBC!
  49. BrandiP
    Dec 16, 2006
    Amazing cast...I can't wait for Monday to come around so I can see it again.
  50. crystalh
    Oct 23, 2006
    This is a GREAT new show! Give it a chance, it's something different for once.
  51. carrif
    Dec 4, 2006
    this is the smartest show on tv right now. the dialog is constantly brilliant. i'm shocked at how great matthew perry is.....sorkin has done it - again!
  52. VicC
    Oct 24, 2006
    I'm amazed at any negative comments or ratings, I think the show is thought provoking while still being very entertaining. I've been captivated. Very well done.
  53. JoanB
    Oct 24, 2006
    Love this show! The character development has been great especially regarding Harriet. I like the fact that it is not quite a comedy but not quite a drama. I am hoping this show sticks around for a long time!
  54. AaronV
    Oct 25, 2006
    this show is pritty effin sweet
  55. SarahS
    Dec 5, 2006
    this is the only show on this season that I feel I HAVE to watch...I love the sub-plots' twists and turns, some predictable, others not...and there hasn't been an episode yet that hasn't had me laughing out loud! Kudos to NBC for deciding to give Studio 60 the time for the audience to "catch on" to its brilliance.
  56. ChrisG
    Oct 26, 2006
    Never watched Sorkin's other show... But won't miss an episode of this one... Great, great writing. Perry deserves best acting considerations at next Emmys.
  57. JackieM
    Oct 26, 2006
    I think the writing is amazing. It is a genius blend of intelligence, wit, and funny one-liners. the characters are interesting and I believe Matthew Perry was born to play this role, I've never seen him act so well. The entire cast is amazing!
  58. RickK
    Oct 5, 2006
    Great! The show is one of the best on TV. Perry and Whitford are emmy level.
  59. MFinn
    Oct 5, 2006
    This show is going to be a hit!
  60. JanetK
    Oct 8, 2006
    I love this show. I was a CSI:Miami fan but dropped them like a hot potato, after seeing "Studio 60"! I think that this is a tough time slot for any new show, that hasn't had time to establish a fan base, but I'm sure that anyone that watches "Studio 60" will be hooked!
  61. jw
    Sep 19, 2006
    Oh it had been too long already! How fitting that it is Sorkin himself that comes to rescue us now from the tremendous void created by The West Wing's retirement. Like the West Wing (and Sports Night and The American President before that), this is essentially the creative equivalent of an All-Star Game, with elite writers lobbing up great lines for elite actors to smash out of the Oh it had been too long already! How fitting that it is Sorkin himself that comes to rescue us now from the tremendous void created by The West Wing's retirement. Like the West Wing (and Sports Night and The American President before that), this is essentially the creative equivalent of an All-Star Game, with elite writers lobbing up great lines for elite actors to smash out of the park. Remember Michael Douglas declaring that people "don't drink the sand because they're thirsty, they drink because they don't know the difference" ? That theme is dealt with in different context here, but just as effectively. Like Whitford and Busfield, Matthew Perry seems to have been born to read script by Sorkin & Co. So does Amanda Peet, who floats easily through scenes as the latest in a series of smart female roles from this writing team. Fellow Sports Night fans were no doubt pleased by the nod to one of those roles with the return cameo by Huffman (as herself, in Looking-Glass fashion). After yet another summer of non-television, how joyous it was to be revived by programming that is worthy of television's often squandered power. Sound overly dramatic? Have you SEEN what passes for commerial television? Is Studio 60 really that good? Is the rest just that bad? I think both. Expand
  62. RachelJ
    Sep 19, 2006
    Loved the pilot. I am a huge Mathew Perry fan, and along with all the other stars on this show, I think it will go places.
  63. DuaneL
    Wonderful! Witty! Can't wait for week 2. Saturday Sportsnight Live
  64. StevenS
    Sep 19, 2006
    Mathew Perry is amazing in this role. In a few years we'll be saying "Chandler who?"
  65. MarioC
    Sep 21, 2006
    This show have a lot of potencial............. Dejenlo Desarrollarse !!!! Do not Cancel it !!!!
  66. AJC
    Sep 20, 2006
    This is an excellent show. I don't care if only 13 million people watched the pilot. We fans will be loyal to this show! It's one of few smart, network primetime shows.
  67. AnnieM
    Sep 20, 2006
    Ah, at last! Television for adults. I missed out on The West Wing, but I won't be missing a minute of Sorkin's latest. Excellent writing, solid acting...even the music was outstanding. Just watching this made me feel smarter and classier.
  68. LelandK
    Sep 20, 2006
    By far the best show of the year! It has it all: Celebrities, acting, drama, comedy and music. What more do you want from a great show?
  69. TheoG
    Sep 22, 2006
    All I can say is "Wow". Classic Sorkin at work. That opening scene where the camera works its way through the studio, weaving in and out of people walking by as you learn the basics of what's going on - well, we've seen that technique work to amazing effect on The West Wing, and it worked just as well here. Within seconds I knew this was supposed to be the set of Saturday Night All I can say is "Wow". Classic Sorkin at work. That opening scene where the camera works its way through the studio, weaving in and out of people walking by as you learn the basics of what's going on - well, we've seen that technique work to amazing effect on The West Wing, and it worked just as well here. Within seconds I knew this was supposed to be the set of Saturday Night Live, and Judd Hirsh was Lorne Michaels. Not once during the opening episode did I think "hey, it's Chandler" or "hey, it's Josh!". Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford were able, in my view, to completely separate themselves from their former characters on Friends and The West Wing - no small task since those characters were incredibly unique. Not sold on Amanda Peet's character, she seems to drift off into her own world too often to be this hard-nosed executive that she's supposed to be. Time will tell. Her character seems very bright. I can't wait til Monday! Expand
  70. peterw
    Sep 22, 2006
    I didn't like the "The Network" flashback but otherwise this is a good show with a huge potential. The US media is ripe for some skewering and I hope the show will enlighten the public to the truly unpleasant things that go on behind the glitzy facade. the drama was involving, the characters attractive and the acting great. I am particularly glad to see Matthew Perry giving a fine I didn't like the "The Network" flashback but otherwise this is a good show with a huge potential. The US media is ripe for some skewering and I hope the show will enlighten the public to the truly unpleasant things that go on behind the glitzy facade. the drama was involving, the characters attractive and the acting great. I am particularly glad to see Matthew Perry giving a fine dramatic performance - he could be an actor finding his stride. Expand
  71. LindaB
    Sep 29, 2006
    Superb! Sorkin does it again!
  72. Marya
    Feb 12, 2007
    Hands down! The best written and acted drama-comedy this year. When Jack Bauer stops to eat and we get tired of seeing David Caruso taking off his sunglasses, there will be great tv. coming from the makers of this show.
  73. ValC
    Feb 23, 2007
    This is one of the best shows of the season. It is about time that there is show with wit & intelligence. I hope NBC gives it another chance by moving it to a different night. To be honest it is really one of the best shows on NBC.
  74. Riren
    Feb 5, 2007
    Once again Sorkin gets an amazingly well-casted group, several of whom excel better in their new roles than they have ever done previously in their careers. And once again Sorkin takes a premise (this time the backstage workings at a comedy show, instead of the White House or ESPN), and instead of shooting for realism, embeds them with rich characters who perpetually spout stimulating and Once again Sorkin gets an amazingly well-casted group, several of whom excel better in their new roles than they have ever done previously in their careers. And once again Sorkin takes a premise (this time the backstage workings at a comedy show, instead of the White House or ESPN), and instead of shooting for realism, embeds them with rich characters who perpetually spout stimulating and clever dialogue. Given all of the unlikable and untalented actors running around most of the meaningles shows in primetime, and given how any other channel can give you a gruesome murder, war or rape story, something like this that follows simple plotlines to elicit thoughtprovoking humor is a breath of fresh air. My favorite thing on television right now. Expand
  75. JenniferH
    May 15, 2007
    I loved this show. My husband loved this show. Neither of us knew anything of Sorkins previous works so we had nothing to judge it by except it's own quality. It's just a sad state of television today that intelligent shows are being replaced by reality tv and other mindless dreck. Apparently we're in the minority of people that like shows that are witty and make you think. I loved this show. My husband loved this show. Neither of us knew anything of Sorkins previous works so we had nothing to judge it by except it's own quality. It's just a sad state of television today that intelligent shows are being replaced by reality tv and other mindless dreck. Apparently we're in the minority of people that like shows that are witty and make you think. I'll take that over watching people humiliate themselves any day. NBC dropped the ball on this one. Expand
  76. AndersW
    May 9, 2007
    keep making this show!!!!
  77. Ally
    Jul 26, 2007
    Love this show!
  78. CharlesB.
    Sep 17, 2007
    the greatest tragedy of the last 5 years of television was that this show didn't make it.
  79. RenataP
    Nov 2, 2008
    I can`t believe this show was canceled!
  80. ChrisC
    Best show on TV
  81. DeborahS
    Nov 21, 2006
    I love this show. I hope that the rumours I hear of it's cancellation a re totally wrong! This show has drama, comedy, wit & inteligence and just great to watch
  82. LeslieJ
    Nov 2, 2006
    Finally a show were the humor is not shoved down your throat, but instead makes you think (and then laugh). I hope the network gives this show a chance to catch on. (If Sports Night would have been given the same chance it would still be on the air)
  83. BChar
    Nov 4, 2006
    Best show for sure
  84. sheep
    Oct 17, 2006
    I think the show is brilliant
  85. Carol
    Nov 7, 2006
    Has a heart even within all the Hollywood comedy crap - I love this show as much if not even more than West Wing - nice to see so many of the personalities from that show on this one.
  86. Itsme
    Oct 21, 2006
    This show is excellent! Please watch so that we can keep some quality on TV besides Battlestar Gallactica!
  87. tinad
    Dec 21, 2006
    i absolutely love this show, it has humor, drama,and a peek inside the workings of live tv.
  88. LaurieW
    Dec 22, 2006
    I love this show. The writing is great. The lines are witty and the story is at times moving. Hopefully the writers will tone done the pursuit of love soon but I really hope that this one will be around for a while. If you like West Wing's quick wit you can't miss this show.
  89. KellyJ
    Dec 25, 2006
    Phenomenal. I loved Sorkin's writing in West Wing, and this is just as good or better. Love it!!!
  90. larryg
    Oct 28, 2006
    will be a classic, ( i think)
  91. PatriciaE
    Oct 29, 2006
    I find this show well written, fast paced, intelligent and enjoyable! The cast is excellent and the show blends the intelligence of West Wing with the wit and political edge of SNL! Best thing this year on NBC
  92. DB
    Oct 29, 2006
    Yeah - it still needs to find its legs but its far, far better than anything else on TV with the possible exception of Battlestar Galactica. People need to settle down and give it a chance.
  93. MichelleT
    Oct 29, 2006
    Love this show! Can't believe it's suffering for positive public opinion. So smart, funny, intricate. Can't wait for each new episode. Wish people would take their heads out of their arses and recognize good TV when it comes around!
  94. LC
    Oct 31, 2006
    Intelligent, Insightful, humorous, intense. Great acting, timely topics Just what we need to enjoy television
  95. RH
    Sep 16, 2006
    Eh, who wants to watch brilliance? By doing so, you'll come to find that the other television series you enjoy just aren't that great.....
  96. LCarney
    Sep 17, 2006
    Sorkin's usual brilliant writing coupled with outstanding performances from some very talented actors. The pilot was amazing and it looks to get even better.
  97. AmandaC
    Sep 18, 2006
    Love it! Love Aaron Sorkin's witty, fresh, fast writing and glad to see him back on primetime. The cast is perfect and I can't wait to see what they do with this.
  98. AzuraS
    Sep 18, 2006
    Amazing Show, great acting and storyline!
  99. BrianA
    Sep 18, 2006
    A worthy successor to The West Wing!
  100. ShawnW
    Sep 18, 2006
    Wow...very impressed with Sorkin's new effort. I was never a West Wing fan, but loved Sports Night.

1. There are more than a few well-made dramas this season, but "Studio 60" -- with its intelligent dialogue, ironic humor, brilliant acting and Schlamme's inspired direction -- lays claim to being the most exciting new show of the season.
  2. Sorkin brings the same intensity and political sensibilities to the story.
  3. Here's hoping that the strong whiff of sanctimony in the pilot of "Studio 60" is blown away by fresh air in future episodes.