Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip : Season 1

• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 18, 2006
8.3

1. Nov 25, 2013
    Very re-watchable. So many jokes, delivered so quickly and effortlessly. I thoroughly enjoyed this. A great season finale, although it's shame there was only one season.
  2. Mar 29, 2013
    This is one of my fav shows bought it dead cheap burned through it. Beside form the a great cast and direction the reason why i love the show is the writing. It has drama, suspense, comedy but not for the sake of it like and great character development. Lot of people are upset that it did not get a second season but if i am honest i don't care i care if a show gets canned and it is left onThis is one of my fav shows bought it dead cheap burned through it. Beside form the a great cast and direction the reason why i love the show is the writing. It has drama, suspense, comedy but not for the sake of it like and great character development. Lot of people are upset that it did not get a second season but if i am honest i don't care i care if a show gets canned and it is left on a cliffhanger of with questions not answered. Unlike this show where it had a great wrap up where everything was answered which was great. Expand
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    I'm pretty sure this was sorkin's punishment for west wing. you'll probably enjoy this if you are thirty-something female who believes in fairies or will watch anything with 'angel' in the title.
  4. Jan 28, 2013
    One of the best shows i have ever watched. Very funny and smart, i really can't believe it was cancelled. Great cast and well done by Sorkin. Matthew Perry is AMAZING!!!
  5. Dec 28, 2012
    Excellent show. As another user stated "I can`t believe this show was canceled!", exactly my sentiment's. It's that good. Why oh why do the Hollywood powers that be never seem to get it? This one was a winner. Hopefully Matthew Perry will return to being funny in his next creation - 'Go On simply ain't cutting it for me.
  6. Nov 15, 2011
    Such a shame the show was cancelled, the only reason it lost a point on my behalf is because towards the end it turned into more of a romcom. However if you are contemplating watching it I would highly recommend you do.
  7. RenataP
    Nov 2, 2008
    I can`t believe this show was canceled!
  8. MarinaT
    Oct 8, 2008
    One of the best shows I've ever seen with terrific actors and a great script.
  9. AnaZ.
    Oct 5, 2008
    The greatest show ever. Incredible cast. Great plots and struggles. It's prolific, funny and strong, powerful. And I'm really sad (and angry) it did not make it to the next season. It should be on for a while. At least five seasons. I love you all who participated in creating it. You've done a great job. Now... make it come back.
  10. MatteoW.
    Mar 30, 2008
    Just Brilliant.
  11. XinL
    Mar 23, 2008
    I really wish they would have made this show more drama than comedy. always a matthew perry fun, and he's doing the job alright.
  12. EddieC.
    Jan 16, 2008
    Pretty much as good as it gets for TV fiction.
  13. PeterW.
    Dec 2, 2007
    I really wanted to like this show, but it is unbearably preachy and weighed down with its own pomposity. So much potential. Only this show could make me tune out Amanda Peet. Glad it's gone.
  14. LitaB.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Although Aaron Sorkin has a weird take on the Brits (who doesn't? Mad, bad, interbred snobs the lot of us) speaking as one of them I have loved everthing he has written from the opening moments of Sports Night to the last second of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
  15. RoseM.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Excellent to watch, it so well made and acted it's like living it. Witty and touching.
  16. Fred
    Sep 17, 2007
    The best is canceled but reality TV lives. My vote is for the best (Studio 60) but the rest, Reality TV lives on. Oh well the TV Gods don't want my vote.
  17. CharlesB.
    Sep 17, 2007
    the greatest tragedy of the last 5 years of television was that this show didn't make it.
  18. Craig
    Sep 13, 2007
    Not funny. Not interesting. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't.
  19. AlyA.
    Aug 22, 2007
    I absolutely never missed this show. I can't believe that they canceled it since it was so clever. I think it was so well written that it just needed a little time to find its followers. One of the only shows I will be sad to see off the air when I can't believe some duds are still there.
  20. BrookeM.
    Aug 18, 2007
    LOVE this show, cannot believe when I heard it might be going off the air!!
  21. SpirosK
    Jul 29, 2007
    Nice follow-up to the west wing. Lost itsway a bit in the last episodes but still to good one. Waiting for the second season
  22. Ally
    Jul 26, 2007
    Love this show!
  23. Rebecca
    Jul 8, 2007
    every second was worth watching... !
  24. christianp.
    Jul 2, 2007
    What a shame that this was canceled. This show is a modern calssic through and through. Wonderfully written and acted, it is so rare that something like this comes along. RIP.
  25. CindyW.
    Jun 27, 2007
    My favorite show on television... if only NBC would keep it on.
  26. ByronY.
    Jun 16, 2007
    The finest show on television that I never miss, and that I always record on my PVR. Since it returned from hiatus, it is better than ever. The K&R episode about Jeter's brother being captured in Afghanistan is quite riveting. It is intelligent, funny, dramatic....brilliant. One of the best shows ever.
  27. RuthL.
    Jun 15, 2007
    Studio 60 rocks! I'm sad it has been cancelled.
  28. frant.
    May 27, 2007
    I love the show. The pace is sometimes hard to keep up with.
  29. dalee.
    May 27, 2007
    failed to to keep my attention
  30. DickL.
    May 26, 2007
    The show mysteriously reappeared on Thursday night with Busfield as star and running the strike hampered production, no Matt, no Brad. It still has the same flaws, poorly lit, muddy audio, throwaway lines, walkietalkie, never shows any talent on the show within a show, six or eight subplots that no one cares about. The Christian Right character still being portrayed as obtuse. The media The show mysteriously reappeared on Thursday night with Busfield as star and running the strike hampered production, no Matt, no Brad. It still has the same flaws, poorly lit, muddy audio, throwaway lines, walkietalkie, never shows any talent on the show within a show, six or eight subplots that no one cares about. The Christian Right character still being portrayed as obtuse. The media in general give the Muslims a pass, but this is ridiculous. Expand
  31. JenniferH
    May 15, 2007
    I loved this show. My husband loved this show. Neither of us knew anything of Sorkins previous works so we had nothing to judge it by except it's own quality. It's just a sad state of television today that intelligent shows are being replaced by reality tv and other mindless dreck. Apparently we're in the minority of people that like shows that are witty and make you think. I loved this show. My husband loved this show. Neither of us knew anything of Sorkins previous works so we had nothing to judge it by except it's own quality. It's just a sad state of television today that intelligent shows are being replaced by reality tv and other mindless dreck. Apparently we're in the minority of people that like shows that are witty and make you think. I'll take that over watching people humiliate themselves any day. NBC dropped the ball on this one. Expand
  32. AndersW
    May 9, 2007
    keep making this show!!!!
  33. LindaM
    Apr 29, 2007
    This was my vavorite show of the season, and I was so disappoined when I heard that it probably won't be back. The cast is perfect for the roles and the dialogue is so clever and rich that I often have to backspace on TIVO to catch it's full intent. I find it extremely funny if you can understand all of the lines.
  34. EmJay
    Apr 27, 2007
    What KalvinJ said (and we're not related). Sorkin thinks that because HE is obsessed with his relationship with Kristin Chenoweth, we all are. But the bickering, uncharitable "love" between Harriet and Matt is the lamest part of the show. The inner workings of an SNL-like show are the best. They need to remember that many of us bought the book on the making of Sat. Night Live for What KalvinJ said (and we're not related). Sorkin thinks that because HE is obsessed with his relationship with Kristin Chenoweth, we all are. But the bickering, uncharitable "love" between Harriet and Matt is the lamest part of the show. The inner workings of an SNL-like show are the best. They need to remember that many of us bought the book on the making of Sat. Night Live for this very reason: we want to know what it takes to make a great (formerly great) sketch show. As always, Sorkin is a master at dialogue, but you have to watch on TiVo so you can replay the rapid-fire stuff you missed. Bring it back! Expand
  35. BlakeM
    Apr 11, 2007
    One of the better shows of the year. Have to say that the last few shows have been very lame though. The romantic relationships are getting tiring. How many more times can Harriet and Matt break up, before it just gets annoying. And the drug habit introduced recently feels very contrived. I wish they would spend more time around funny things that could happen around the Studio, instead of One of the better shows of the year. Have to say that the last few shows have been very lame though. The romantic relationships are getting tiring. How many more times can Harriet and Matt break up, before it just gets annoying. And the drug habit introduced recently feels very contrived. I wish they would spend more time around funny things that could happen around the Studio, instead of these weak relationships. When they focus on the things that happen around the Studio (writing, fans, crazy props, the Business) it feels very smart and engrossing. When they focus on the lame and forced relationships, it really loses much of it's appeal to many. Expand
  36. mandab
    Mar 14, 2007
    love it!! i wish they would put it back on the air, its killing me not getting to watch what happens next
  37. SherrieM
    Mar 12, 2007
    I love the show. I just can't get enough of Matthew Perry.
  38. AnneH
    Mar 12, 2007
    Love it, love it, love it!!
  39. KalvinJ
    Mar 4, 2007
    Entertaining, but seriously needs to cut back on the romantic subplots and back to the reality of producing a late night comedy show.
  40. IrfanB
    Feb 26, 2007
    Great show! Needs to trim down the romantic sub-plots a bit.
  41. ValC
    Feb 23, 2007
    This is one of the best shows of the season. It is about time that there is show with wit & intelligence. I hope NBC gives it another chance by moving it to a different night. To be honest it is really one of the best shows on NBC.
  42. jasonl
    Feb 23, 2007
    I really enjoy this show and the fact that it makes you pay attention. for once there is some real content in a show and they want to take it away, it is just sad how tv stations work these days!
  43. JimB
    Feb 20, 2007
    This show is terrific. I love Amand Peet, Bradley Whitford, Matthew Perry, Steven Weber & Sarah Paulson's interacations. One of the best shows on TV!!! Without a doubt, one of the best shows on NBC.
  44. Marya
    Feb 12, 2007
    Hands down! The best written and acted drama-comedy this year. When Jack Bauer stops to eat and we get tired of seeing David Caruso taking off his sunglasses, there will be great tv. coming from the makers of this show.
  45. WendyP
    Feb 12, 2007
    I love this show...the characters are terrific. It's so interesting to see what it's really like behind the scenes. I hate that they've taken it off the schedule, let's hope it's back soon.
  46. lauren
    Feb 7, 2007
    I can't help it, I love this show. Yes, it's pretentious and self-righteous, snarky and a bit obnoxious. Yes, Sorkin tends to write women as seemingly-strong-but-really-just-damsels-in-distress, each waiting for her respective prince charming to come save her from her own ambition. But it's also funny, and charming in spite of itself. Mathew Perry manages to retain his I can't help it, I love this show. Yes, it's pretentious and self-righteous, snarky and a bit obnoxious. Yes, Sorkin tends to write women as seemingly-strong-but-really-just-damsels-in-distress, each waiting for her respective prince charming to come save her from her own ambition. But it's also funny, and charming in spite of itself. Mathew Perry manages to retain his trademark sarcasm without ever reminding us of That Other Guy He Used to Play. The casting is brilliant (though I may be the only one not jumping on the Sarah Paulson train), and if nothing else, we all oew the show a great deal for introducing the world to the adoreable Nate Corddry. Please NBC, don't give up on the one thing that makes me look forward to Mondays! Expand
  47. Riren
    Feb 5, 2007
    Once again Sorkin gets an amazingly well-casted group, several of whom excel better in their new roles than they have ever done previously in their careers. And once again Sorkin takes a premise (this time the backstage workings at a comedy show, instead of the White House or ESPN), and instead of shooting for realism, embeds them with rich characters who perpetually spout stimulating and Once again Sorkin gets an amazingly well-casted group, several of whom excel better in their new roles than they have ever done previously in their careers. And once again Sorkin takes a premise (this time the backstage workings at a comedy show, instead of the White House or ESPN), and instead of shooting for realism, embeds them with rich characters who perpetually spout stimulating and clever dialogue. Given all of the unlikable and untalented actors running around most of the meaningles shows in primetime, and given how any other channel can give you a gruesome murder, war or rape story, something like this that follows simple plotlines to elicit thoughtprovoking humor is a breath of fresh air. My favorite thing on television right now. Expand
  48. JoaoM
    Feb 2, 2007
    Aaron Sorkin creates another all-time classic with he fast and intelligent writting, and besides that, looks like he made the impossible: make a serie better than The West Wing, if this show doesn't win the Emmy for Best drama, writing and directing, it will be sure that the world is in serious problems.
  49. AmberF
    Jan 23, 2007
    I am enjoying the developement of the characters each week. Great to see Matthew Perry back on my TV screen. The entire cast compliments each other.
  50. Shannon
    Jan 15, 2007
    I love this show. The writing is great and the cast keeps it interesting. I'm also a huge fan of Matthew Perry.
  51. gabbis
    Dec 28, 2006
    This show has everything I liked about West Wing, without all the politics and war stuff. I was expecting a simple comedy, like SNL, but this is so much deeper. I cannot wait for new episodes to air.
  52. KellyJ
    Dec 25, 2006
    Phenomenal. I loved Sorkin's writing in West Wing, and this is just as good or better. Love it!!!
  53. LaurieW
    Dec 22, 2006
    I love this show. The writing is great. The lines are witty and the story is at times moving. Hopefully the writers will tone done the pursuit of love soon but I really hope that this one will be around for a while. If you like West Wing's quick wit you can't miss this show.
  54. tinad
    Dec 21, 2006
    i absolutely love this show, it has humor, drama,and a peek inside the workings of live tv.
  55. BrandiP
    Dec 16, 2006
    Amazing cast...I can't wait for Monday to come around so I can see it again.
  56. SarahS
    Dec 5, 2006
    this is the only show on this season that I feel I HAVE to watch...I love the sub-plots' twists and turns, some predictable, others not...and there hasn't been an episode yet that hasn't had me laughing out loud! Kudos to NBC for deciding to give Studio 60 the time for the audience to "catch on" to its brilliance.
  57. carrif
    Dec 4, 2006
    this is the smartest show on tv right now. the dialog is constantly brilliant. i'm shocked at how great matthew perry is.....sorkin has done it - again!
  58. stevenc
    Dec 3, 2006
    well wriiten with a first rate cast
  59. AndyW
    Nov 23, 2006
    Literate and funny script. Great acting and direction. Social commentary. Believable relationships. It's got it all.
  60. AlissaA
    Nov 22, 2006
    LOVE this show! It brings attention to issues that we sometimes miss or don't always say out loud., and it is interesting to watch. I hope the Republicans don't cancel it!
  61. Kenna
    Nov 22, 2006
    I love this show...I think it has potential to be one of the most superior shows on tv.
  62. DeborahS
    Nov 21, 2006
    I love this show. I hope that the rumours I hear of it's cancellation a re totally wrong! This show has drama, comedy, wit & inteligence and just great to watch
  63. jenc
    Nov 14, 2006
    crime shows, sit coms or intelligent writing and thoughtful character lines --- ummmmm what would i like to watch??? superb show. sorkin and cast deserve a time slot that doesn't require football fans with a brain to choose between two pleasurable endeavors... must not cancel and leave us wanting more!
  64. dlouloudes
    Nov 14, 2006
    I love this show, it's witty, it's riveting with great cgharacters.
  65. JohanJ
    Nov 11, 2006
    If the U.S. audience isn't smart enough to enjoy it, ship it to Europe. I have no doubt it'd be the biggest thing on TV over here in a heartbeat. Damn brilliant.
  66. NancyJ
    Nov 8, 2006
    This is my favorite new show! The writing and acting are incredible!
  67. SlotkinsQ
    Nov 8, 2006
    The negative reviews accuse Studio 60 of "taking itself too seriously," but I say thank goodness. I'm tired of watching DUMBED DOWN shows that refuse to takes themselves seriously. Please, just leave us AT LEAST on smart show that's not from BBC!
  68. Carol
    Nov 7, 2006
    Has a heart even within all the Hollywood comedy crap - I love this show as much if not even more than West Wing - nice to see so many of the personalities from that show on this one.
  69. NB
    Nov 6, 2006
    Every time the music comes on during a commercial break I think, oh, my gosh, even the show's music is pretentious! Basically watching the show is like listening to a political rant. I even agree with some of what they are trying to shove down our throats, but, every time they force it on us as offensively as possible it makes me wonder if I need to rethink my own beliefs. Maybe I Every time the music comes on during a commercial break I think, oh, my gosh, even the show's music is pretentious! Basically watching the show is like listening to a political rant. I even agree with some of what they are trying to shove down our throats, but, every time they force it on us as offensively as possible it makes me wonder if I need to rethink my own beliefs. Maybe I shouldn't be politically aligned with pedantic preachy and inaccurate folks like the ones who write and produce this show. I have three words for you about this show... pompous, pushy, and most of all, pretentious. Expand
  70. BChar
    Nov 4, 2006
    Best show for sure
  71. LeslieJ
    Nov 2, 2006
    Finally a show were the humor is not shoved down your throat, but instead makes you think (and then laugh). I hope the network gives this show a chance to catch on. (If Sports Night would have been given the same chance it would still be on the air)
  72. ChrisC
    Best show on TV
  73. PerryY
    Nov 1, 2006
    I can't believe all the comments coming from those giving low scores. Sorkin's shows have always highlighted their characters to be the best at what they do and how smart they are and this show is no different. The witty one liners are consistent and entertaining. The scale is clearly different than running a country, but within the scope of running a sketch show, it is just right.
  74. LauraA
    Nov 1, 2006
    This is absolutely the best show on TV. Smart, funny, moving - story line makes me want the next weeks episode to come fast. LOVE it!
  75. LC
    Oct 31, 2006
    Intelligent, Insightful, humorous, intense. Great acting, timely topics Just what we need to enjoy television
  76. PaulaB
    Oct 31, 2006
    I know it's not fair to compare West Wing to Studio 60,but West Wing had me on the first episode. I'm still wating.
  77. angelaa
    Oct 30, 2006
    I love this show. And I wish everyone would give it a chance before saying they should pull it.
  78. eDeeB
    Oct 30, 2006
    I love this show. Finally NBC has done something right! I'm addicted.
  79. MaryB
    Intelligent, balanced, personal.
  80. PeterJ
    Oct 29, 2006
    Another reason why credits are full of crap. This show was average at best, and is now cancelled! Thanks for playing. I used to think higher scores on Metacritic was a good thing, now I am convinced otherwise.
  81. MichelleT
    Oct 29, 2006
    Love this show! Can't believe it's suffering for positive public opinion. So smart, funny, intricate. Can't wait for each new episode. Wish people would take their heads out of their arses and recognize good TV when it comes around!
  82. DB
    Oct 29, 2006
    Yeah - it still needs to find its legs but its far, far better than anything else on TV with the possible exception of Battlestar Galactica. People need to settle down and give it a chance.
  83. PatriciaE
    Oct 29, 2006
    I find this show well written, fast paced, intelligent and enjoyable! The cast is excellent and the show blends the intelligence of West Wing with the wit and political edge of SNL! Best thing this year on NBC
  84. larryg
    Oct 28, 2006
    will be a classic, ( i think)
  85. RitaS
    Oct 27, 2006
    Diversity within the writing
  86. JackieM
    Oct 26, 2006
    I think the writing is amazing. It is a genius blend of intelligence, wit, and funny one-liners. the characters are interesting and I believe Matthew Perry was born to play this role, I've never seen him act so well. The entire cast is amazing!
  87. PatJ
    Oct 26, 2006
    Great, mature writing. Love that it's not "dumbed down".
  88. ChrisG
    Oct 26, 2006
    Never watched Sorkin's other show... But won't miss an episode of this one... Great, great writing. Perry deserves best acting considerations at next Emmys.
  89. JoseL
    Oct 25, 2006
    great show, taking to long to build a story line.
  90. AaronV
    Oct 25, 2006
    this show is pritty effin sweet
  91. VicC
    Oct 24, 2006
    I'm amazed at any negative comments or ratings, I think the show is thought provoking while still being very entertaining. I've been captivated. Very well done.
  92. JoanB
    Oct 24, 2006
    Love this show! The character development has been great especially regarding Harriet. I like the fact that it is not quite a comedy but not quite a drama. I am hoping this show sticks around for a long time!
  93. MichealH
    Oct 24, 2006
    Studio 60 is an excellent show. The actors are incredible; yes, all of them!! The thing I like most about the show is that it feels "believable"; I believe the characters' passion for this "sketch comedy hour"; I believe the love-story between two co-workers that "just won't die"; and I believe the frustrations of each character as they struggle with their lives both personally Studio 60 is an excellent show. The actors are incredible; yes, all of them!! The thing I like most about the show is that it feels "believable"; I believe the characters' passion for this "sketch comedy hour"; I believe the love-story between two co-workers that "just won't die"; and I believe the frustrations of each character as they struggle with their lives both personally and professionally. Tonight's episode (October 23rd) with the young actor showing his parents around the studio (and explaining in detail every area) was heart-breaking. I actually found myself crying as I watched him try to "connect" with his parents, especially his father. He so badly wanted to be "accepted" for what he does; not belittled for it. Now how many of us have been through similar experiences? Or, at the very least, known someone who has?? Or the piece with Timothy Busfield connecting with the elderly gentleman (who they believed had Alzheimers), only to find out not only had he fought in WW II, but had been a writer himself. Classic, Classic. Expand
  94. crystalh
    Oct 23, 2006
    This is a GREAT new show! Give it a chance, it's something different for once.
  95. Ruby
    Oct 23, 2006
    Outstanding! Studio 60 exudes wit, humor, style that I've come to expect from Aaron Sorkin. Keep it coming.
  96. JudyW
    Oct 23, 2006
    I'm so disappointed in this show. It's not a "page turner" like West Wing was. It just doesn't compare. We don't care about the characters or the plot. I think Sorkin and Schlamme should create a new show and a new role for Bradley Whitford as a detective -- or a lawyer--or even a doctor. And we need more appealing characters like "President Bartlet," Matt Santos, I'm so disappointed in this show. It's not a "page turner" like West Wing was. It just doesn't compare. We don't care about the characters or the plot. I think Sorkin and Schlamme should create a new show and a new role for Bradley Whitford as a detective -- or a lawyer--or even a doctor. And we need more appealing characters like "President Bartlet," Matt Santos, Mary-Louise Parker, Emily Proctor,etc,etc...and more dramatic stories, which just isn't possible with this kind of show. Expand
  97. Itsme
    Oct 21, 2006
    This show is excellent! Please watch so that we can keep some quality on TV besides Battlestar Gallactica!
  98. timg
    Oct 20, 2006
    finally! A TV show where the writing is important.
  99. benjaminn
    Oct 20, 2006
    gave it three episodes, went straight downhill. The problem is it takes itself so seriously that when you couple fake drama with serious soundtrack you end up finding yourself caring about the problems these characters are dealing with. Then you realize the stupidity of what their dealing with and feel even stupider for caring at all. It is so obvious and deliberate that the dialogue gave it three episodes, went straight downhill. The problem is it takes itself so seriously that when you couple fake drama with serious soundtrack you end up finding yourself caring about the problems these characters are dealing with. Then you realize the stupidity of what their dealing with and feel even stupider for caring at all. It is so obvious and deliberate that the dialogue makes no sense when you really listen. In the second episode they are talking about some reference to italian comedy and how some woman thought it was french comedy. Oh how stupid that woman was, didn't she know the difference between comedy from italy and french comedy. doesn't everyone! thats how every piece of dialogue feels. its like these people are way to smart for there own good. and that would work in another themed show, but this is sopposed to be about a sketch comedy show. einstiens don't work in sketch comedy, chris farley, john belushi, thats what we are looking for. stupid drunk , drug addicts with real problems, not whether they are allowed to make fun of christians. it seems that every character lives and breathes this show. when in reality these people party real hard and have to deal with paying rent alcholism mental problems. i'm done, i'll take friday night lights over this any day. Expand
  100. HopefulViewer
    Oct 19, 2006
    Loved West Wing, love Sorkin, this show....ew. Lots of interesting potential, really like Amanda Peet's character. But a big part of the show is caring about the relationship between Matthew Perry and his ex, and there's no way I can care about her. She's just...flat. Absolutely flat. So I don't have much hope for this show lasting, which is a shame.

1. There are more than a few well-made dramas this season, but "Studio 60" -- with its intelligent dialogue, ironic humor, brilliant acting and Schlamme's inspired direction -- lays claim to being the most exciting new show of the season.
  2. Sorkin brings the same intensity and political sensibilities to the story.
  3. Here's hoping that the strong whiff of sanctimony in the pilot of "Studio 60" is blown away by fresh air in future episodes.