Suits : Season 4

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 23, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.2

1. Aug 10, 2014
    I watched the first 6 episodes of this season. And I won't be watching the rest.

Season 1-3 were great. As one of the other users mentioned, suits has turned into some sort of soap opera with a lawyering twist. I had to fast forward every 5 minutes so i didn't have to watch Mike and his gf waking up or going to bed together. No thanks.
  2. Jul 7, 2014
    I am an avid watcher of suits, waiting for the time the show is about to start to catching the reruns (if there is not another show I am also addicted to airing). I have loved getting to know all the different characters, their quirks, seeing their highs and lows, most of which are created from the other characters, and the way these completely different individuals come together to helpI am an avid watcher of suits, waiting for the time the show is about to start to catching the reruns (if there is not another show I am also addicted to airing). I have loved getting to know all the different characters, their quirks, seeing their highs and lows, most of which are created from the other characters, and the way these completely different individuals come together to help their company succeed and providing without them, there would be a gap that needed to be filled. I could not imagine a show without a single main character.

The initial draw was the brilliant way they would find to win the cases, coming up with innovative ideas and being open to trying and learning something new in order to accomplish the task at hand. Their confidence being challenged in every scene only to grow stronger by the end. That is what I watch for, how they start at the bottom and rise to the top against all odds through partnering with each other and admitting someone else might have a better game plan that might save the day.

In addition, the scenes were bright with the beautifully decorated offices, views, homes. It made you crave to move to New York and join a high-rise law firm. The opulence was evident from every scene through the chic clothes to the fancy offices to the fancy homes. That was why I watched and looked forward to each coming season and would watch them over again.

Now to season 4 and the splitting of Mike from the team, leaving Litt behind in lieu of a second Harvey in arrogance (and brilliance and good looks) but one that got to sleep with the boss so you could add back the office romance issues that ended with Mike getting the girl, put Mike in an office that is mostly displayed in a dark setting and a home that is portrayed without the scenic windows of the others. It's all become very dark and it is no longer about the multiple cases that are different and separate groups coming together for a common goal.

I now find I have no one I am rooting for because there is hardly a positive moment or person in any scene. The comradery has diminished and each person's goal is to find fault in what the other person is doing to get them to do better only for it to backfire. If it wasn't for Litt's hilarity the show would have nothing for me to look forward to but you still feel sorry for him that he finally got to rise only to be pushed back down again and try to crawl back up without any of the ego that made him Litt, only the groveling to the hands that control his destiny which now include Harvey #2.

I watched for the brilliant ideas, the beautiful scenery, and comradery with the competition with every scene and they have all been left behind with it being the Harvey vs. Mike show over one case. The other cases that have come up don't even come to mind anymore because they are such an insignificant part of the soap opera that is the personal drama with each character who used to come together because of their differences towards a solution and instead now create more friction with every new scene.

Yes I will continue to watch in hopes that there is a bright light at the end of the dark scenes and moods to find that they can come together again and raise each other up instead of tear each other apart and hopefully it will happen before it's too late and enough of us tire of even seeing any new reruns and will glad opt for the previous seasons to watch instead.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jun 11, 2014
    The reset on USA’s breezy legal drama Suits turns out to be more like ordering a different flavor latte at the same coffee shop. That’s okay, because it’s a good coffee shop.