Suits : Season 5

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 23, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.1

1. Aug 15, 2016
    The most doubtful thing about the future of this series, is that i can't see the season 5 being beaten. My time has been absorbed lately as I delved into this traumatising world of law. Suits has earned all it's praise creating a perfect balance of humour and drama. A wild and wonderful series was prosecuted the other day as our beloved characters were left in despair. I was so dramatisedThe most doubtful thing about the future of this series, is that i can't see the season 5 being beaten. My time has been absorbed lately as I delved into this traumatising world of law. Suits has earned all it's praise creating a perfect balance of humour and drama. A wild and wonderful series was prosecuted the other day as our beloved characters were left in despair. I was so dramatised my self i had to write a review on it. Its always hard to top early series of TV shows, this is shown in the walking dead and breaking bad wih pointless episodes where we left moaning till the 59th minute for something to happen. Yet this series didn't just drop bombs it threw a hurricane and a few floods aswell. I give great credit to the writers of this series they really couldn't of threw any more curve balls in there. If you're reading this review and you haven't seen suits quite frankly you're waisting time! Expand
  2. Aug 5, 2016
    I was very worried about the future of the show. Season 3 to me featured no new ideas. Season 4 they at least tried to do something different by having Mike move job creating conflict between him and Harvey. The first half was okay but then the season kicked into a new gear once Louis took named partnership by force. Overall it was good but it still didn't hit the levels of intensity thatI was very worried about the future of the show. Season 3 to me featured no new ideas. Season 4 they at least tried to do something different by having Mike move job creating conflict between him and Harvey. The first half was okay but then the season kicked into a new gear once Louis took named partnership by force. Overall it was good but it still didn't hit the levels of intensity that seasons 1 and 2 did.

Season 5, for me, got it right again. Harvey had been closed emotionally throughout the entirety of the show and this season broke him open which was very refreshing to see. The character development in general is excellent this season. I have always watched because I love the characters in the show. I've never really cared about what legal drama is going on in the background, it's the amazing characters that keep me watching.

A absolutely solid first half but the mid season finale and the second half of the season forces all of the characters to seriously reflect on the decisions they've made up until this point and be completely honest with themselves as they desperately try to find a way out of the horrible situation they find themselves in. Once again I was genuinely excited for every episode because I wanted to know how the characters were going to deal with the problem as it effected of them each of them personally in a powerful way and threatened to destroy their relationships altogether.

An absolutely excellent breath of fresh air. And from what I've seen in season 6 so far that freshness is still present. I am very happy that I can still call this one of top 3 favourite shows because it has re-earned that position with the current content produced.
  3. Jul 30, 2016
    THE BEST !!!
    Yes it is the best season with the best writing.
    Going into a sudden break in the middle of the season and coming back with something that good an ending.
    Can't get any better.
  4. Mar 5, 2016
    An abysmal decrease in quality of writing, to the point I was certain they've changed writers. The characters have broken character so many times, they're caricatures of themselves. The premise of the show changed from "genius boy gets a chance at life, despite having poor start, and having to choose between a demanding future, and shady past" to "don't try to cheat the system, kids.An abysmal decrease in quality of writing, to the point I was certain they've changed writers. The characters have broken character so many times, they're caricatures of themselves. The premise of the show changed from "genius boy gets a chance at life, despite having poor start, and having to choose between a demanding future, and shady past" to "don't try to cheat the system, kids. Cheating is bad."
    It's like watching a service announcement by the bar association, or the US government, telling you to "play by the rules, citizen, or else..."
    Every other downward spiral emanates from this one change: the show isn't fun, the characters don't grow - they only deal with each other's emotional issues in a manner that no real person (especially top lawyers, who keep their cards *HIDDEN* from each other) does; the main characters became whiny and clueless (were these really top guns in their field?); and the line "I don't give a sh** about your X" is thrown around every two minutes, to the point I recite it before the characters do.
    Suits started brilliantly. It was captivating, fun, humorous, and addictive. This season was a dead serious, over-the-top, pointless suspense roller-coaster, with maybe 1 minute of charm, and too many minutes of characters yelling on each other about their emotions. Like a failed parody of its former glory. Very, very disappointing.
  5. Mar 4, 2016
    Season five felt like a season of Young & the restless. Please, kill this show so the writers don't inflict anymore damage to, what once was, a decent show.
  6. Mar 3, 2016
    Well, the Fifth season of Suits comes to a close with more of a whimper than a bang. Although a Sixth season is in the works, I can't see this show making a Seventh!

The main problem is that the narrative has now effectively come to an end. What made the the show so compelling in its early seasons has now been lost forever, and if they do come up with some legal shenanigans to overcome the 'cliffhanger' ending, I can't see how the main character of 'Mike' will ever be taken seriously as a qualified and brilliant lawyer.

Overall, the show has been heading this way ever since Louis discovered Mike's secret and got himself made named partner literally moments after resigning from the law firm... The questions that action raised have now come to a head, and I can't see the next season being anything else than a 'tying all the loose ends' narrative.

Compared to the earlier seasons, this one was poor. The excellent courtroom scenes disappeared a long time ago, but the show was kept afloat by the ins and outs of the 'Firm', and the confrontations of those who worked there (both established characters, and new ones to develop new storylines, as needed).

Still, it's better than the average show on the air at present, and if you're looking for a show to 'binge watch', and haven't seen Suits, I'd recommend it.

But, bear in mind the quality and storylines do take a big dive after season three.
  7. Feb 14, 2016
    Suits started off this year by prolonging season 5 and picking up from an interesting point in the story, however, with every passing episode, I am less inclined to keep watching. Firstly, the core pretext is running thin. Mike Ross is in legal cross hairs and the firm is not doing so well. That being said, each episode in the later half of season 5 is becoming a constant struggle to keepSuits started off this year by prolonging season 5 and picking up from an interesting point in the story, however, with every passing episode, I am less inclined to keep watching. Firstly, the core pretext is running thin. Mike Ross is in legal cross hairs and the firm is not doing so well. That being said, each episode in the later half of season 5 is becoming a constant struggle to keep Ross in the picture. The dialogues are mundane, the acting is shallow in certain areas and the constant focus on a singular character is getting monotonous. This show is slowly becoming a soap opera. Although renewed for a sixth season, I hope the producers and writers decide to end the show after the new season. For some perspective, some of the best television shows in recent history (Sopranos, The Wire, Six Feet Under, Breaking Bad) have ended after season 5. Expand
  8. Feb 11, 2016
    The language on this show has gone over the top. Extremely offensive use of G-D every other minute caused me to stop watching in the middle of an episode (I had warned that if they say G-D one more time that was it), deleted the show, and deleted it from my recording schedule. Never again!
  9. Aug 13, 2015
    Best Television show on the air. Smart, Witty, thrilling, a real nail bitter. I must admit Suits is what I have been missing in valued TV programming. Harvey, Luis, Rachel, Donna, Jessica and Michael are some of the best actors I have ever seen. AMAZING SEASON and best yet!
  10. Jul 25, 2015
    Normally shows like this run out of steam when the main plot device, ( Mikes lack of an actual law degree and the shenanigans involved in keeping that secret) comes to light. But the producers of Suits have managed to move in a different direction successfully and are not dependent on that story line anymore. This season is very focused on Harvey in particular.
    It still has great humor
    It still has great humor but allowing Harvey to be so vulnerable as to need a psychiatrist is something I wasn't expecting. Its very well played out and dramatic. A very watchable show with enjoyable plots rolling from one scenario to another, it looks great, the actors look great and the music director is the best on any show I've watched for years.
  11. Jul 19, 2015
    Nearly half way through the fifth season, Suits continues to kill it. Nothing I've found on TV matches it's wit, sophistication and character development - at least not in the court room. This is debatably my favorite show currently on air and, while I don't know how much longer it has on air, I hope Suits can continue to show its staying power and keep us engaged for seasons to come.
  12. Jul 5, 2015
    This show gets a 2 purely because there are a few good quips and one-liners and some of the music isn't too shabby. If you listen closely though, some of the lines don't even make sense or sound plain dumb. Suits has gone downhill even more this season than last. Anybody can put drama into a show. More drama doesn't make it better. It feels like the show is moving sideways with differentThis show gets a 2 purely because there are a few good quips and one-liners and some of the music isn't too shabby. If you listen closely though, some of the lines don't even make sense or sound plain dumb. Suits has gone downhill even more this season than last. Anybody can put drama into a show. More drama doesn't make it better. It feels like the show is moving sideways with different bits of useless drama here and there and not forwards. Will not be watching further. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Nia Howe-Smith
    Jun 22, 2015
    The case-of-the-week is inconsequential.... but despite that, Suits' fifth season looks to be as engaging as ever. [26 Jun 2015, p.55]