• Network: USA
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 23, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.6

1. Oct 10, 2013
    Lawyer shows used to be really common. Lately there haven't been as many. 2011's may have revitalized the dying genre. While the entire show pretty much takes place at the law firm or in the courthouse, the show makes up for it with its cast of highly original, fun, intelligent characters. In this show, the cases are second and the characters and their inter-office banter and politics comeLawyer shows used to be really common. Lately there haven't been as many. 2011's may have revitalized the dying genre. While the entire show pretty much takes place at the law firm or in the courthouse, the show makes up for it with its cast of highly original, fun, intelligent characters. In this show, the cases are second and the characters and their inter-office banter and politics come first. The main character, Mike Ross is unique in that, first of all, he never went to law school, and second, he can remember everything he's ever seen as if he just saw it. That alone is a fun enough premise to make for an interesting show. Can mike, the not-lawyer who memorized the lawbook keep up with the best of the best lawyers? Watch suits and find out. Expand
  2. Jul 18, 2011
    It's a glitzy look at high powered lawyers. Basically it's Wall Street redux. Suave, arrogant, succesful prick teaches neophyte the rules of the big boys game. Gabriel Macht has it down pat, even to the oleagenous walk, and the self centered hauteur of Mr. Gecko. The law shown is basic TV 101. What we are supposed to be fascinated in is the inside look of a business that is interested inIt's a glitzy look at high powered lawyers. Basically it's Wall Street redux. Suave, arrogant, succesful prick teaches neophyte the rules of the big boys game. Gabriel Macht has it down pat, even to the oleagenous walk, and the self centered hauteur of Mr. Gecko. The law shown is basic TV 101. What we are supposed to be fascinated in is the inside look of a business that is interested in winning, while writing wrongs on the way. "The Good Wife" has much more intelligence and honesty about the amoral workings of the legal profession. Expand
  3. Apr 10, 2012
    Suits is pure fun delivered through grade-A acting and interesting characters from minute one of the opening episode. There's not a moment that loses my interest, and this show has quickly become one of my favorites after just one season. USA has a hidden gem on their hands that could quickly turn into a centerpiece if they play their cards right.
  4. Jan 31, 2013
    Suits is a must watch TV show. I love the way the show starts out, with Mike running away from a bad drug deal. He ends up getting his job in the coolest and weirdest way possible. USA has a wonderful show that is definitely worth watching!
  5. Sep 19, 2013
    Though I am getting tired of lawyer/police themed shows, I have been enjoying the first season. The dynamics between Harvey and Mike seem a bit more intelligent than I usually see on basic TV. While Mike's amazing recall and the tension of hiding the secret of his law school (lack of) past, seem to stretch the bounds of believability, it still keeps me interested.
  6. Jun 11, 2012
    Once again, metacritic shocks me with its totally off thevwall critic reviews.
    Once again, metacritic shocks me with its totally off thevwall critic reviews.
    This series gives what most law shows have either given up on or completely ignored, a little thing called character quipping, having Mike and Harvey doing the whole back and forth with each other, trying to show whos the bigger smart-ass is especially funny for me as me and a friend pretty much quip each other when we meet up.
  7. Oct 19, 2013
    I liked Season 1 a lot. it had all the ingredients we look for in a show. it seems like Mike is the hero we want to grow. Harvey is the one we always look up to. Donna is the secretary we all want to be. And we are still deciding if we like Rachel or not.
  8. Dec 16, 2014
    It's slick and it's smart. Suits is a refreshing show that is able to capture the imagination and mix comedy with drama in an appealing way. The characters are admirable as is the show. Many of the story line's are realistic whilst there consequences are also portrayed accordingly. However USA's reputation to limit plot development in favor of many separate stories is also in actionIt's slick and it's smart. Suits is a refreshing show that is able to capture the imagination and mix comedy with drama in an appealing way. The characters are admirable as is the show. Many of the story line's are realistic whilst there consequences are also portrayed accordingly. However USA's reputation to limit plot development in favor of many separate stories is also in action throughout the first season of Suits. This is the main problem with the series and sadly, it limits the potential of Suits. Expand
  9. Jun 24, 2011
    The writing is solid, the actors are likable. I've personally lost interest slick 'Wall street" style aspirational programming. I actually know people like this. In real life they are shallow, money obsessed, sociopathically materialistic, and so fundamentally unhappy that when they smile you have to start worrying about what they're going to do to make you as miserable as they need youThe writing is solid, the actors are likable. I've personally lost interest slick 'Wall street" style aspirational programming. I actually know people like this. In real life they are shallow, money obsessed, sociopathically materialistic, and so fundamentally unhappy that when they smile you have to start worrying about what they're going to do to make you as miserable as they need you to be in order to feel superior. People like this are culturally destructive and we really need to stop encouraging them. However, since I'm pretty much the minority in that view, I'll give it the five the writing deserves and move on to something that suits my interests. Expand
  10. CRL
    Jul 26, 2011
    This series will punch out a laugh when you least expect it, and the leads play off each other magnificently. Once the cases pick up a little, this will be a must-watch series.
  11. Jul 27, 2011
    Funny with some drama, good dialogue and really good acting. There is real chemistry between the characters. While the show's premise is a bit thin (ultrasmart law associate who never went to law school) they somehow make it work really well. I look forward to the next installment.
  12. Jul 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Still interesting and stimulating . Losing some steam on episode 7-21 .. Patrick gets more air time , I like that . Gabriel gets less funny, thats ok. His secretary cops an attitude, and completely botches a chance to shine sarcastic and witty..opting to fake a cry so weak even grandmothers wouldn't give her a cookie. most of the time she's just attitude and talentless. since when do admin's need 4 spreadsheets up at the same time ..is she the fukng payroll dept? you don't use excel to write contracts or legal doc's. Susan Saint James Rules in this episode ..Loved her evertime in the rockford files (yea that makes me 100 so F*ng what). Rick hoffman is a riot.. don't ever change.. work that screen. Don't lose your steam, this show is great overall. Great contrasting characters (except the secretary..lose her at the first op) Expand
  13. Jul 5, 2011
    I'd say this show is a dramedy, combining elements of both a comedy and a drama, and doing so very well. While I don't think it's the best lawyer show on television, it has the same slick characters and good storyline that makes "White Collar" an entertaining show to watch. If you're looking for more style and substance from a television show, check out HBO or AMC, but for USA, I thinkI'd say this show is a dramedy, combining elements of both a comedy and a drama, and doing so very well. While I don't think it's the best lawyer show on television, it has the same slick characters and good storyline that makes "White Collar" an entertaining show to watch. If you're looking for more style and substance from a television show, check out HBO or AMC, but for USA, I think it's an enjoyable show and I hope it's on for awhile. Expand
  14. Aug 1, 2011
    Suits is a clear dramedy, showing both comedy through the interactions between Mike and Harvey, and Mike and Lewis, as well as the drama aspect largely through the cases and personal lives of the characters. It is a solid show by the USA Network, far making up for the shortcomings of TNT comedy Franklin & Bash, as well as recently cancelled The Defenders. Suits has an air of wit, andSuits is a clear dramedy, showing both comedy through the interactions between Mike and Harvey, and Mike and Lewis, as well as the drama aspect largely through the cases and personal lives of the characters. It is a solid show by the USA Network, far making up for the shortcomings of TNT comedy Franklin & Bash, as well as recently cancelled The Defenders. Suits has an air of wit, and intelligence, and might even teach you a thing or two. It leaves a little more court time to be desire, but the amount it gives is factually realistic of the law firm depicted.
    Definitely would recommend it.
  15. Oct 7, 2013
    Never as smart as it could be, and hardly as funny as it should be Suits is all style, all pizzazz and people wearing $5000 suits (take a wild guess of how I know the exact figure).The some substance we do manage to come across is shrouded under its uninteresting garb and misplaced punchlines.
  16. Jan 17, 2013
    It's a witty, smart and sexy show. Acting is good and almost all episodes are well written. Some characters are shallow while its both frustrating its leaves a bit of a mystery around them. I love this show. One of the best out there.
  17. Jul 28, 2011
    Excellent show!!! I was immediately addicted to it and I have been watching it ever since. I think it is very well written and the characters definitely have great potential.
  18. Aug 8, 2011
    Witty comedy that actually makes you laugh mixed with heart from characters generally not seen in a law series. Suits is a show unlike the rest of its kind, it is one of the few shows where you can sit down and love every minute of the episode without ever getting bored. This show comes highly recommended.
  19. Dec 13, 2014
    It used to be better at the beginning, but still I really adore this show. Not this whole law part, it's irrelevant. I love dialogues, which are brilliant and I love charaters, especially Donna and Louis Litt which was masterfully portrayed by Rick Hoffman.
  20. Feb 12, 2013
    Suits is an interesting and fairly well done TV show. I like the atmosphere and some of the actors are fun to watch (Donna, the Paralegal, Hardman, Lewis, and the Main Boss Lady). The storytelling is interesting and the show does decent job creating tension and arcs that keep me coming back for more.
  21. Jun 23, 2011
    This show is a comedy. All the critics I've read seem to want it to be a drama, with totally believable plots (come to think of it - what TV dramas live up to that?) and serious substance. Get over that, and you'll enjoy SUITS. The writing is clever, the characters are sharp and play off each other well. We'll see if the chemistry will carry the show beyond its first season, but atThis show is a comedy. All the critics I've read seem to want it to be a drama, with totally believable plots (come to think of it - what TV dramas live up to that?) and serious substance. Get over that, and you'll enjoy SUITS. The writing is clever, the characters are sharp and play off each other well. We'll see if the chemistry will carry the show beyond its first season, but at this point I'm optimistic. Expand
  22. Oct 9, 2011
    by now the show looks fine. actors acting well, all characters are likeable and of course fit the clichee. i am not of fan of neverending happy-endings. sometimes there is way too much "winning", so that it gets boring. it is too superficial and easy very often.
  23. Aug 7, 2011
    Excellent show; one of my favorite ones, in addition to Covert Affairs, Burn Notice & White Collar. The set up is a young protege that seems to have a photographic memory, of which he puts to good use in working for a high powered lawyer firm. He doesn't have a lawyer degree from Harvard, of which is his secret that only his boss lawyer knows. The characters are very likable, and thereExcellent show; one of my favorite ones, in addition to Covert Affairs, Burn Notice & White Collar. The set up is a young protege that seems to have a photographic memory, of which he puts to good use in working for a high powered lawyer firm. He doesn't have a lawyer degree from Harvard, of which is his secret that only his boss lawyer knows. The characters are very likable, and there is an ongoing plot line that continues in each episode; sprinkled with humor. Don't miss out..this is rally a good series to watch...you won't be disappointed. :) Expand
  24. Mar 9, 2012
    If you can swallow the absurd concept this show is based on, it's actually very good. There is extraordinary dialogue and repartee between the two lead actors - whenever they are on screen together, everything works very well. Meghan Markle's Rachel Zane is nice to watch, smart and well-played. Rick Hoffman's antagonistic Louis Litt is an amazing character, and at times upstages all involved.
  25. Feb 26, 2013
    This show is AMAZING. I can't wait until it comes on again this summer. A legal show where the law takes a back seat to everything else. What a winning formula.
  26. Dec 14, 2012
    Sharp dialogue. Good looking and likable characters. Has a flavor akin to a stripped-down Boston Legal. It's probably not going to take home an Emmy but it is better than 80% of the fare out there.
  27. Aug 29, 2011
    It is funny with vaguely interesting plotlines. All I can really say is I feel happier having watched an episodes of Suits than I did before I sat down. You can't really ask for more than that from TV
  28. Jan 15, 2012
    A must watch series, cannot wait for the new season to release; it was so humourous with plot twits and the acting were excellent! 2 thumbs up for this show. a show not to be missed.
  29. Jul 12, 2012
    A brilliantly written comedy. Good casting, better acting and best writing I have seen in a long time. Witty and funny at the same time, this is one show you wouldn't wanna miss if you like sharply dressed lawyers compete with each other. I enjoyed this show very much. Looking forward to season 2.!!!
  30. Jul 9, 2011
    Come on critics-this is funny and clever. The stars are over the top competitive but there promises to be balance. The writing is slick and it's good to see a lawyer show that doesn't live in the court room, but rather the boardroom.

1. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Jun 23, 2011
    It hasn't yet proven that it can find consistently satisfying things to do with the legal drama (Harvey's "closing" scenes are fun though I can see them becoming a bit of a crutch).
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 23, 2011
    On a scale of TV series that shoot for the high end of mediocre, USA's Suits fares far better than the recently introduced TNT legal drama "Franklin & Bash." The guys in Suits are more likable, and the legal stories a little more grounded in reality.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jun 23, 2011
    No one expects "The Good Wife," but if the show is aiming for balance, it needs to step up its court game.