• Network: USA
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 23, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.7

1. Jul 8, 2011
    I really think it's witty and smart. I wish more shows were like this. The thursday night is also the perfect time slot for a show like this. And the music is actually pretty good. WATCH IT PEOPLE!
  2. Jul 9, 2011
    Come on critics-this is funny and clever. The stars are over the top competitive but there promises to be balance. The writing is slick and it's good to see a lawyer show that doesn't live in the court room, but rather the boardroom.
  3. Jun 23, 2011
    This show is a comedy. All the critics I've read seem to want it to be a drama, with totally believable plots (come to think of it - what TV dramas live up to that?) and serious substance. Get over that, and you'll enjoy SUITS. The writing is clever, the characters are sharp and play off each other well. We'll see if the chemistry will carry the show beyond its first season, but at this point I'm optimistic. Expand
  4. Aug 8, 2011
    Witty comedy that actually makes you laugh mixed with heart from characters generally not seen in a law series. Suits is a show unlike the rest of its kind, it is one of the few shows where you can sit down and love every minute of the episode without ever getting bored. This show comes highly recommended.
  5. Aug 13, 2011
    this show is amazing. good actors, good writing, good everything. the metacritic for this show must be a joke. its way better than alot of the more high-profile shows that have higher scores. give this show a chance, and spread the word if you like it so they will make more!
  6. Sep 9, 2011
    I don't watch many other shows other than House and Endgame; this one is very well written and I think it will eventually get the recognition it deserves. I highly recommend this show.
  7. Aug 7, 2011
    Excellent show; one of my favorite ones, in addition to Covert Affairs, Burn Notice & White Collar. The set up is a young protege that seems to have a photographic memory, of which he puts to good use in working for a high powered lawyer firm. He doesn't have a lawyer degree from Harvard, of which is his secret that only his boss lawyer knows. The characters are very likable, and there is an ongoing plot line that continues in each episode; sprinkled with humor. Don't miss out..this is rally a good series to watch...you won't be disappointed. :) Expand
  8. Sep 17, 2011
    Although it represents yet another link in the seemingly endless chain of flashy, glossy series on USA featuring gorgeous leads, Suits drew me in like no other USA show has since the first season of Burn Notice.
  9. Aug 27, 2012
    I'm watching that the average user score is 8.3 and i'm still wondering how did this happen. Shallow characters, not much of a plot, fast but not so clever lines, and what is this with the unbelievable awesomeness of every leading character? I thought that these last few years, scriptwriters had realized that superman characters don't work so well anymore. The anti-hero types, and the first that comes to mind is the archetypal Dr House, or (even better) Walter White from Breaking Bad are the new sensation and the main reason that these shows did so well both with critics and with audience as well. Anyway, having more and more shows to watch, as more and more (and better) are created every year, i do not believe that this is worth your time. Ten years ago, maybe. Expand
  10. Jan 21, 2013
    I really do wonder sometimes how some critics get the job of "critic." I see some reviews of total BS which are raved about and then you get a witty, funny and stylish show like Suits and they diss it like it's one of the worst programmes on TV.
    I take the point about the legal cases sometimes lacing a bit of class but on a Thursday night the last thing we want is an over-complicated plot
    that has been cut down and squeezed into a 1-hour slot instead of great dialogue, fast-paced action and light heartedness to keep our morale high when we go back to work for the last day of the week on a Friday.
    The actors are superb, the dialogue is first rate and every single character has been thought about to a point where you know they have real backgrounds. I bet the writers have a detailed biography for each character as well. Great work guys! It really does keep me sane during the week and keep 'em coming!
  11. Aug 23, 2011
    This is a comedy, not a drama and I think that's the biggest issue people have with this show: grasping that the just because the jokes aren't all base and simple like you might find on Family Guy (not that there isn't a place for that sort of comedy as well). This show does have dramatic elements in it, certainly, but if you wanted to judge it by the standards of a straightforward drama, you wouldn't be getting very far, plus you'd be using some pretty inaccurate standards. Expand
  12. Jul 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Still interesting and stimulating . Losing some steam on episode 7-21 .. Patrick gets more air time , I like that . Gabriel gets less funny, thats ok. His secretary cops an attitude, and completely botches a chance to shine sarcastic and witty..opting to fake a cry so weak even grandmothers wouldn't give her a cookie. most of the time she's just attitude and talentless. since when do admin's need 4 spreadsheets up at the same time ..is she the fukng payroll dept? you don't use excel to write contracts or legal doc's. Susan Saint James Rules in this episode ..Loved her evertime in the rockford files (yea that makes me 100 so F*ng what). Rick hoffman is a riot.. don't ever change.. work that screen. Don't lose your steam, this show is great overall. Great contrasting characters (except the secretary..lose her at the first op) Expand
  13. Jun 26, 2011
    Although the show has a bit of a white collar feel to it, it feels fresh and original unlike other legal shows on tv. The characters are somewhat cliche and the case considered in the premiere was not particularly interesting. The dialogue is however sharp and witty which makes the show thoroughly enjoyable
  14. Jul 5, 2011
    I'd say this show is a dramedy, combining elements of both a comedy and a drama, and doing so very well. While I don't think it's the best lawyer show on television, it has the same slick characters and good storyline that makes "White Collar" an entertaining show to watch. If you're looking for more style and substance from a television show, check out HBO or AMC, but for USA, I think it's an enjoyable show and I hope it's on for awhile. Expand
  15. Jul 8, 2011
    I was looking for a show to fill a void on my late night Thursdays and Suits is definitely it! The witty one liners between Gabrielle Macht and Patrick Adams leaves me completely satisfied. The plot is somewhat repetitive (problem-> solution that fails -> someone triggers an epiphany to a new solution-> firm wins) but it is entertaining. Characters are well developed even through 3 episodes. Very satisfying. Expand
  16. Jul 11, 2011
    The dynamics between all characters is excellent. The pace of the episodes up to now has been superb and the dialogue is both clever as well as funny. In comparison to all new series out there, it shows itself to be the best by a long shot..
  17. Aug 1, 2011
    Suits is a clear dramedy, showing both comedy through the interactions between Mike and Harvey, and Mike and Lewis, as well as the drama aspect largely through the cases and personal lives of the characters. It is a solid show by the USA Network, far making up for the shortcomings of TNT comedy Franklin & Bash, as well as recently cancelled The Defenders. Suits has an air of wit, and intelligence, and might even teach you a thing or two. It leaves a little more court time to be desire, but the amount it gives is factually realistic of the law firm depicted.
    Definitely would recommend it.
  18. Feb 18, 2012
    This series is a hit in many ways. Not only do the characters interface with each other quite well, the writers and actors care more about their character's strengths and weaknesses and not let the "court room dramas" carry the show. The wit is excellent, the pacing is excellent and the story lines move along well. Patrick Adams does a great job as being smart, but not having the "street smarts" needed, Gabriel Macht plays his character to a T and is the kind of charter that America loves and hates (like any serious mentor one might have), but I have to give props to Rick Hoffman. His performances are excellent! He has the hardest role in being the "bad guy" or the "spoiler" but he does an amazing job with his relationships between his character and those of Mike and Harvey and only enhances the show. I am very glad its back for a second season! Its one of my favorite. PS: Many of the critics don't know just how good your show is... to bad for them. Expand
  19. Aug 19, 2012
    In a time where there are sparse programs still on air that can be classified as anything but mediocre, Suits has emerged as a superlative show that raises expectations for all upcoming programs.  It has an intricate and intriguing plot that always leaves me anxious for the next episode.  There is no other show I look forward to more than Suits.  Though Suits is classified as a drama, there is much more to it due to the complexity of Suits.  Perhaps the reason for this selected genre is due to the fact that there is no more suitable class already established for Suits to be placed in.  Alluring to people of all interests, Suits is comprised of suspense, comedy, romance, crime, mystery, and politics.  Acting and characters are exceptional in addition to a clever, smart, and witty script.  The writing could not get any better; as for that matter, neither can the show itself. Collapse
  20. Sep 20, 2012
    With regard to the present status of television shows, there has been lots of good shows but there has been more of bad shows. The elite members of critics usually have a very narrow sets of ideas and those ideas are fulfilled by even less number of shows. So, what we have is some overly exaggerated shows which keeps on repeating the same ideas over and over. In contrary to this, there are some shows which everybody seems to like but when the time come for the real support, people back out. Among such shows is SUITS. Now i want to highlight why critics seem to have given it an overlook rather than giving it a real chance. Firstly, it started on a network which has almost never delivered a show for the critics to worth check out. Then comes the cast, though they are amazing as it is; very few are actually immersed in eyes and hearts of people (before the show). and lastly the idea that there can almost never be any new script for a legal show because most ideas have already implemented in some overly exaggerated shows like The practice, boston legal etc. If i would have define suits in a sentence, then it would be " Suits: It is a simile to the suit which help an ordinary man turn to be extraordinary, just like it helped USA network turn to be an extraordinary network" Expand
  21. Jan 14, 2013
    It's one of the shows I really like. That's mainly because all characters are unique in their way: Harvey it's **** Mike is smart, Jessica is powerful and bossy, Rachel is beautiful and so on. This show it's unique in its way, it keeps your interest awake, from episode to episode and it makes you want to watch more and more. Kind of addictive.
    The main plot is smart and every case is
    unique and has a catch or a spin, if you know what I mean.
    Suits is not a popular show and I personally like this low profile. Not everyone could taste, understand and watch a show like this. It has a lot of surprise elements, twists and jokes sometimes.
    For the rest of the world that don't like Suits I'm sure they would like shows like Breaking Bad, Girls, Big Bang Theory and so on.
    I give Suits a 10, because like I said, it's unique in its way and it didn't disappoint me until now. So go grab it right now, if you want something different.
  22. Jul 18, 2011
    It's a glitzy look at high powered lawyers. Basically it's Wall Street redux. Suave, arrogant, succesful prick teaches neophyte the rules of the big boys game. Gabriel Macht has it down pat, even to the oleagenous walk, and the self centered hauteur of Mr. Gecko. The law shown is basic TV 101. What we are supposed to be fascinated in is the inside look of a business that is interested in winning, while writing wrongs on the way. "The Good Wife" has much more intelligence and honesty about the amoral workings of the legal profession. Expand
  23. Jul 17, 2012
    I really like these 'legal' things. My last favorite of this kind is Boston Legal which was so fascinating until season 4. Comparing to BL, SUITS presents more excitement in the interplay between so many sharp characters, as well as the reasonable development of the whole story. Even without amazing closures at the end of each EP, it is more realistic and smart and attracts me a lot.
  24. Apr 10, 2012
    Suits is pure fun delivered through grade-A acting and interesting characters from minute one of the opening episode. There's not a moment that loses my interest, and this show has quickly become one of my favorites after just one season. USA has a hidden gem on their hands that could quickly turn into a centerpiece if they play their cards right.
  25. Oct 9, 2011
    by now the show looks fine. actors acting well, all characters are likeable and of course fit the clichee. i am not of fan of neverending happy-endings. sometimes there is way too much "winning", so that it gets boring. it is too superficial and easy very often.
  26. Dec 14, 2012
    Sharp dialogue. Good looking and likable characters. Has a flavor akin to a stripped-down Boston Legal. It's probably not going to take home an Emmy but it is better than 80% of the fare out there.
  27. Jun 24, 2011
    The writing is solid, the actors are likable. I've personally lost interest slick 'Wall street" style aspirational programming. I actually know people like this. In real life they are shallow, money obsessed, sociopathically materialistic, and so fundamentally unhappy that when they smile you have to start worrying about what they're going to do to make you as miserable as they need you to be in order to feel superior. People like this are culturally destructive and we really need to stop encouraging them. However, since I'm pretty much the minority in that view, I'll give it the five the writing deserves and move on to something that suits my interests. Expand
  28. Feb 4, 2012
    One of the best shows I've watched on television, if not the best. Highly addictive show and very inspiring. I have recommended it to friends and they have loved it.
  29. Jul 28, 2011
    Excellent show!!! I was immediately addicted to it and I have been watching it ever since. I think it is very well written and the characters definitely have great potential.
  30. Aug 29, 2011
    It is funny with vaguely interesting plotlines. All I can really say is I feel happier having watched an episodes of Suits than I did before I sat down. You can't really ask for more than that from TV

1. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Jun 23, 2011
    It hasn't yet proven that it can find consistently satisfying things to do with the legal drama (Harvey's "closing" scenes are fun though I can see them becoming a bit of a crutch).
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 23, 2011
    On a scale of TV series that shoot for the high end of mediocre, USA's Suits fares far better than the recently introduced TNT legal drama "Franklin & Bash." The guys in Suits are more likable, and the legal stories a little more grounded in reality.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jun 23, 2011
    No one expects "The Good Wife," but if the show is aiming for balance, it needs to step up its court game.