Sullivan & Son : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 19, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3
4.1

1. Aug 6, 2012
    Wow, some really negative mean people on this site. I went to a taping of this, so I know that it's not a laugh track. I will say sometimes it sounds like a laugh track. But the episode I saw (hasn't aired yet) was hysterical and people were laughing. True, the first episode wasn't brilliant, but if you notice there are a lot of characters on this, so there was a lot of set-up. IWow, some really negative mean people on this site. I went to a taping of this, so I know that it's not a laugh track. I will say sometimes it sounds like a laugh track. But the episode I saw (hasn't aired yet) was hysterical and people were laughing. True, the first episode wasn't brilliant, but if you notice there are a lot of characters on this, so there was a lot of set-up. I feel that every episode is getting better than the last. And the actors are really good. Steve, the mom, the dad, the sister, his friends, his old flame, and the bar flies are all funny.

What I like about is that it is a return to the old comedies. Many of the shows on today are cruel and mean, kind of like these reviewers comments, wonder why they don't like it. The people at the bar love each other, sure they might make fun of each other, but they do care about one another. The family dynamic is great. The diversity is great. And I for one, will keep watching, and so have millions of others. It might not be your cup of tea, but it isn't as bad as anyone claims. I've seen a lot of sitcoms that didn't make me laugh once. I'm laughing a lot at this one.
  2. Oct 12, 2012
    This show is a relief for those of us that think political correctness is a bunch of BS. It attacks stereotypes and laughs at them like people in real life do. If you pretend people don't JOKE around like this, then you live under a rock. The people that feel like this stuff is serious are boring ass snobs. Don't give me that crap about this is being racist either. If you are offended byThis show is a relief for those of us that think political correctness is a bunch of BS. It attacks stereotypes and laughs at them like people in real life do. If you pretend people don't JOKE around like this, then you live under a rock. The people that feel like this stuff is serious are boring ass snobs. Don't give me that crap about this is being racist either. If you are offended by it DON'T watch. They are jokes! Expand
  3. Aug 7, 2012
    The critics weren't crazy about Cheers or Seinfeld either. I wasn't crazy about Seinfeld or Cheers for the first couple of episodes and now they're my favorites. There is a major need to explore and develop the characters. The interactions a quick and unmemorable. They need to think about the interactions they have as an opportunity to build more depth and perspective. At first theyThe critics weren't crazy about Cheers or Seinfeld either. I wasn't crazy about Seinfeld or Cheers for the first couple of episodes and now they're my favorites. There is a major need to explore and develop the characters. The interactions a quick and unmemorable. They need to think about the interactions they have as an opportunity to build more depth and perspective. At first they could try focusing on a storyline about 1 or two people instead of 20. There a some really great actors/comedians on this show, they'll do well. Expand
  4. Aug 17, 2012
    This is a very good and funny TV show, you just need to give it a chance. A lot of people just watched the pilot episode and came to conclusions based on that. I think you'll need to watch at least 3-4 episodes before making a conclusion on it and I'm more than positive most people will like it and find it amusing like me once you do give it the chance. I wasn't too much of a fan of theThis is a very good and funny TV show, you just need to give it a chance. A lot of people just watched the pilot episode and came to conclusions based on that. I think you'll need to watch at least 3-4 episodes before making a conclusion on it and I'm more than positive most people will like it and find it amusing like me once you do give it the chance. I wasn't too much of a fan of the pilot either although it was alright to me, but all the other episodes have been very good. This show has tons of potential and I hope TBS will renew a 2nd season. Expand
  5. Feb 4, 2013
    One of the most hilarious shows I have ever watched. While the storyline differs from episode to episode, it continues to put me on the floor laughing with each passing episode.
  6. Aug 14, 2014
    "Sullivan & Son" is the small B bible of anti-political correctness. Asian jokes, black jokes, Irish jokes, Arab jokes, really, no one is spared. And yet. And yet -- it is funny. Maybe I'm just not easy to offend. Maybe I think the whole world has become ridiculously sensitive to just about anything. We need at least 30 minutes of antidote to this attitude once a week. "Sullivan &"Sullivan & Son" is the small B bible of anti-political correctness. Asian jokes, black jokes, Irish jokes, Arab jokes, really, no one is spared. And yet. And yet -- it is funny. Maybe I'm just not easy to offend. Maybe I think the whole world has become ridiculously sensitive to just about anything. We need at least 30 minutes of antidote to this attitude once a week. "Sullivan & Son" is the antidote.

I can understand (though not sympathize) with those who hate this show. But, we must see and consider all sides of any argument. Plus YOU'RE WRONG! "Sullivan & Son" is damned funny. Also a long shout-out to Judi Long playing Steve's Korean Mother. The lady is a comedic genius.
  7. Jul 18, 2014
    I guess you either love this show or hate it, and I sure do love it! It always makes me laugh episode after episode and has some great guest stars throughout the seasons!

1. Reviewed by: Tirdad Derakhshani
    Jul 19, 2012
    Whether it's the unfunny, raunchy jokes, the acting, the writing, or the awful blocking, nothing in Sullivan & Son seems to jell. And no laugh track can change that.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jul 19, 2012
    Anyone really thirsty for laughs will probably come up dry.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jul 19, 2012
    Plenty of material here, spoken by people we like. It's what a good cable sitcom can be.