Supernatural : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
8.9

1. KrisJ
    Oct 9, 2008
    This is the show I look forward to the most every week. If you've stayed away because you've seen stills of the leads and have figured it's just another CW "Cute Boy Show" you were wrong. Supernatural is one of the most consistently well-written, acted, and directed shows on television. The effects are awesome, the scares are effective, the humour is INTENTIONAL, and the This is the show I look forward to the most every week. If you've stayed away because you've seen stills of the leads and have figured it's just another CW "Cute Boy Show" you were wrong. Supernatural is one of the most consistently well-written, acted, and directed shows on television. The effects are awesome, the scares are effective, the humour is INTENTIONAL, and the relationship between Sam and Dean is some of the most honest and real work that I've ever seen in any medium, television or otherwise. If you never gave Supernatural a chance now is the time. Supposedly the creator plans to end it at the end of his "Five Year Plan". Expand
    Oct 20, 2005
    It is easly the best show in years
  3. Aug 25, 2010
    A brilliantly written, acted and set Television program. Probably the best tv horror modern times has up for offering? Great actors, likeable characters (ignoring Sam for the first 3 seasons), well-written episode plots AND season-long plots ... Great effects that are believeable rather than as though they've tried to make them look spectacular and failed ... The list goes on. Overall, aA brilliantly written, acted and set Television program. Probably the best tv horror modern times has up for offering? Great actors, likeable characters (ignoring Sam for the first 3 seasons), well-written episode plots AND season-long plots ... Great effects that are believeable rather than as though they've tried to make them look spectacular and failed ... The list goes on. Overall, a great and enthralling series for a wide range of audiences (although it is known that Dean and Sam may appeal to young women quite well, if you know what I mean) as the series go on, a wide range of plots are covered, and after completing such a big task throughout season 5, it is hard to work out where the story will go; many options are available. The ending of the last episode of season 5 is worth watching all 5 series for, but saying this, each and every episode has its own charm, whether it be a thrilling chase from the officials, a timed excursion through america to reach and kill a supernatural entity "Before it's too late" or a joke episode from a certain character who appears first in season 2... 10/10. Why? An amazing series: Good for everyone. Series 1 in particular has more monster-hunting and less story related plots than the rest of the seasons. But this is a plus; you realise this when you watch the rest of the series then get particularly excited that the episode you're about to watch is a monster hunt. Expand
  4. AD
    Jan 10, 2008
    Except for some frustrating no-closure mystery, it's perfect! Wonderful characters, great acting, great suspense, scary entities, good chemistry between the brothers.
  5. Nov 1, 2010
    One of the bravest and well written television shows to come around. Former co workers were passing around the season sets and I went in kicking and screaming only to me possessed! The pilot episode did a superb job introducing an American Urban Legend show mixed with Han, Luke, and a dash of Route 66. Lost its footing for a bit with a few episodes feeling like X-Files leftover scripts.One of the bravest and well written television shows to come around. Former co workers were passing around the season sets and I went in kicking and screaming only to me possessed! The pilot episode did a superb job introducing an American Urban Legend show mixed with Han, Luke, and a dash of Route 66. Lost its footing for a bit with a few episodes feeling like X-Files leftover scripts. But even the writers and actors joked a bit in the season. The show came out in an era of Lost but was smart enough to not fall into the trap of trying to string the viewer on and on with a payoff that could be years from happening and impossible to live up too. each season ays off by the finale and the first five seasons are merely chapters of a five year plan. It feel off the tracks here and there but instead of insulting the viewer the show acknowledges its own continuity, attempts to fix things, and moves on! A big plus for me: Ben Edlund, creator of The Tick, works on the show. Plus I can always tell when Sera Gamble has written a script. First show to ever make me a fan of television writer. I've watched every episode so I may have leaked into other seasons but the show builds well from its foundation. As I mentioned above I came in late to the game. I do not recommend watching three seasons on dvd in six weeks. Makes you a bit paranoid. Expand
  6. Dec 5, 2011
    Supernatural is the only show I look forward to watching. I mean it is that one show that I have to see, which means drop everything else and sit on the couch for an hour no matter what is going on around me. Yeah the show has two very hot main characters but that is not what attracts me to the show ...although it doesn't hurt. The show has the most heart out of any show I have everSupernatural is the only show I look forward to watching. I mean it is that one show that I have to see, which means drop everything else and sit on the couch for an hour no matter what is going on around me. Yeah the show has two very hot main characters but that is not what attracts me to the show ...although it doesn't hurt. The show has the most heart out of any show I have ever watched. I mean the relationships the pain the happiness it reads so well and it really is amazing acting. I genuinely feel their pain when I watch the show. You don't find many shows with that kind of heart. Besides that aspect the overall idea behind the show is brilliant and very well written. 3 cheers for supernatural and to anyone who doesn't think so you probably like shows like Gossip Girl and Teen mom's.... Expand
  7. LeeT
    Mar 8, 2006
    Absolutley tops for TV at the minute! cracking story lines and not to mention to hotties in the lead roles (Jensen Ackles *drools*) long may it continue!
  8. Steph
    Apr 1, 2006
    I love this show. It's everything i love. It's like like getting to watch a different scary movie every week with the same characters ou love. I think its an awesome show and my favorite tv show thats on t.v these days!
  9. AngelaW
    May 5, 2006
    This show is excellent. The writing is superb and the actors are at the top of their game they have their characters personalities down to a tee
  10. kristyf
    May 10, 2007
    i am from australia and this is the only show i look forward to all week. unfortunately has not been as scary this year but still love it
  11. GLADYSO
    May 3, 2007
    I absolutely love this show. It is cute and fun to try to guess whats going to happen on the show... Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. My boyfriend and I enjoy waiting for Thursday nights so we can see the new episode. :)
  12. AutumnR
    Mar 24, 2009
    My favorite show ever on tv, never miss it. Hope its on for years to come.
  13. ericas
    Apr 2, 2009
    BEST SHOW EVER!!! This is like nothing else on TV. It makes you laugh, cry, and scream all in one episode.
  14. amandac
    Oct 10, 2005
    This is the Best new show of the season! It's like watching a little scarey movie every week! And besides that, the guys are worth watching it for!!!
  15. DaveH
    Nov 2, 2005
    wow.. good romp through the history of chillers.. all those ghost stories are true!!
  16. Kat
    Nov 9, 2005
    supernatural rocks!!
  17. JosipM.
    Oct 20, 2005
    The best new show of the 2005*2006 season. Sci-Fi shows are making a huge come back and Supernatural is among the best sci-fi shows of all time.
  18. SylvieB
    Dec 15, 2006
    Love the show!!!
  19. Jun 14, 2012
    This is absolutely nuts what the end score from the critics for this show.This is the best show I have ever seen on tv ever!I never thought I would be saying that because I've never been into shows like this that much.After seeing this season my only complaint is that I don't want it to end.I can't get enough of this awesome show.I wake up by 8 am every day just to watch this show noThis is absolutely nuts what the end score from the critics for this show.This is the best show I have ever seen on tv ever!I never thought I would be saying that because I've never been into shows like this that much.After seeing this season my only complaint is that I don't want it to end.I can't get enough of this awesome show.I wake up by 8 am every day just to watch this show no matter what time I go to sleep.I literally will get 2-3 hours sleep, watch my wife go out the door to work,watch the show and fall back to sleep.I'm loving the fact that it is also on Netflix so I can have all the season's until they pull it, but I still love my routine in the morning better.The acting is unbelievable perfect in every way possible.I'm from Chicago but now living in Colorado Springs for the last 9 years so knowing that this started as a local show only in the springs makes me even appreciate the show even more.People that are reading this, "PLEASE",watch this show and you will be hooked instantly!Great stuff! Expand
  20. Sep 25, 2010
    GREAT show. Be interesting to see where they take the story now that grandpa's back (and Sam). A collection of demons vs the Winchesters could make for a great series ender.
  21. Apr 25, 2011
    The last couple of seasons of this show have been the best escapist fiction of television.
    I highly recommend buying the dvds of the last couple of seasons. I have really enjoyed the story of Sam Winchester developing dark powers that can save the world but may cost him his soul. The Dean Winchester character is such a great contrast to his dark and brooding emo brother with his evil sucks until you shoot it in the face attitude.
    the current season is a bit of a reboot back to the first season and does not have the same magic but it is worth watching.
    Go buy the dvds of the last two seasons.
  22. Apr 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ignore the dumbass critic ratings. This show is **** epic.

I will never forget watching the premiere episode of Season 1, it was chilling and thoroughly scared me (in a good way). In all frankness, I liked the first couple seasons the most, when Sam and Dean would just hunt demons. I feel like the whole Lucifer and hell on earth thing convoluted/dampened the chilling effects of demon hunting. However, I am still a huge fan of the show.
  23. Sep 18, 2014
    This show is one of the best tv shows I have ever seen, and I've seen most everything, Don't trust Metacritics summary of the show, it's not even remotely correct, which just goes to show you how little grasp they have of reviewing anything properly, be it tv, movies or games.

This is easily a 10 star show, you just have to get past the first 2 seasons and you will see, especially for season 3,4 and 5 that for tv itself those seasons would be a tough act to follow for any show. No one could do it. 10 years running says a lot too.
  24. Jun 16, 2011
    (season 5 review) I'll stick to my guns here when I say that the 'Winchester boys' are TV's most likeable double act. The exploits of Sam and Dean in trying to deal with the eternal squabbling of heaven and hells hierarchy really does make for a cracking ride. Season 5, Eric Kripke's envisaged endgame to the saga, doesn't disappoint its fans in any way. The angels are running riot in(season 5 review) I'll stick to my guns here when I say that the 'Winchester boys' are TV's most likeable double act. The exploits of Sam and Dean in trying to deal with the eternal squabbling of heaven and hells hierarchy really does make for a cracking ride. Season 5, Eric Kripke's envisaged endgame to the saga, doesn't disappoint its fans in any way. The angels are running riot in heaven, Lucifer is free, the Horsemen are on their way, and the apocalypse draws ever nearer day by day. It's a bumpy road for the boys, but a road that's filled to the brim with action, suspense, laughs, twists & turns, emotion, and most importantly of all, extremely well executed drama. Supernatural will never reach the critically acclaimed lofty heights of TV's dramatic heavyweights such as The Wire, Mad Men or The Soprano's... but I refuse to believe there is someone out there who doesn't take great pleasure in seeing the Winchester boys kit up, jump in a 67 Chevy Impala, and go 'slay some demons'. With regards to the actual finale itself (no spoilers), I thought it was delivered with class and grace. Who knows if season 6, and possibly further seasons, will live up to the excellent rollercoaster ride which has been the first five seasons of Supernatural under the wing of its creator Eric Kripke (who has now departed). If it doesn't then so be it, but I can safely admit that I will never get bored of spending an evening in the company of Sam and Dean Winchester Expand
  25. Jul 7, 2011
    The first Season, being the one that many fans and critics touted as the best, is actuall an ideal start off to a very good series. It focuses on building the brothers relationship and also delving into the each brothers history of hunting and how its family orientated. While in comparison to later seasons its slow and quite unorthodox in its writing. The lore of everything evil theThe first Season, being the one that many fans and critics touted as the best, is actuall an ideal start off to a very good series. It focuses on building the brothers relationship and also delving into the each brothers history of hunting and how its family orientated. While in comparison to later seasons its slow and quite unorthodox in its writing. The lore of everything evil the Winchesters hunt can be found on any google search. In this aspect the accuracy to the lore is exceptionally accurate.
    Unlike other CW TV shows it is not just about the eye candy, but both Jared and Jensen act very well and make the characters their own.
    Hunting demons, vampires, wendigo's, shapeshifters and other assorted evils make it unlike any other show to grace the screens of our television sets. As a mere audience member and massive lover of the show. I was drawn in to this series because of the balance of clumsy immature brotherly humour and love, but the drama involved of the season long story arc and search for their father.
    There are many morales and dilemma's the brothers face that are real world and found in anybody's life. And despite the show being "Supernatural" there is a connection of realism to each characters vulnerabilities and realness. I love this show, and i always will. Season 1 overall: 8/10
  26. Aug 16, 2012
    Im only half way through the second season, but I enjoy the series. I dont see how it goes on for 7 seasons though. I hope it doesnt get too repetitive. The acting is good for the most part and I love all the lore in the series.
  27. Apr 2, 2012
    Absolutely love this show. Would be great to see it continue into an eighth season if possible although to this date this season is the last. Happy that we are seeing a return to the original format although a conclusion to the current arc at this point might seem a bit hasty. If a new lease of life is given would like to see the current arc ending sometime around mid season next year.
  28. Oct 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At First my friend told me about supernatural so i decided to buy Season 1-5 of Supernatural its about a family at first then the mother gets ripped open by a demon.
    After that the father takes care of his 2 boys called Dean & Sam Winchester.
    Sam Goes to college while Dean goes on the hunt with his dad for the demon who killed their mom.
    Then their dad disappears and they don't know where he is so Dean goes after Sam to find their dad and to kill the demon that killed their mother
  29. Nov 7, 2011
    I absolutely love this show, well written, great direction and the characters fit their roles perfectly. I wish this series won't end! it keeps me wanting more, and each episode is exciting! The use of ancient elements in a new setting is awesome, This show is definitely something everyone should watch from season 1!
  30. May 10, 2012
    One of my favorite shows, took me a while to get into it but now i love it.
    Dean and Sam are two of my most favorite characters from any show.dean is bad ass.
    Soundtrack is beast too ;)
  31. Nov 12, 2011
    Awesome series!!! It mixes drama, action, suspense, horror, comedy in such a great way while always aiming to the series main topic. A battle between good and evil, where two hunter brothers have to carry the terrible burden of not only hunting all that evil has to offer, but also be part of a terrible "destiny". Lots of choices to make from their part, I really suggest you make theAwesome series!!! It mixes drama, action, suspense, horror, comedy in such a great way while always aiming to the series main topic. A battle between good and evil, where two hunter brothers have to carry the terrible burden of not only hunting all that evil has to offer, but also be part of a terrible "destiny". Lots of choices to make from their part, I really suggest you make the right choice and give it a try if you haven't, you'll be hooked. Expand
  32. Nov 23, 2011
    Supernatural is amazing series and the story is good but some times is full of crap but you can take it as long is din and sam continun to kill dimions and hunting monsters together and the show is very funny.
  33. Jun 17, 2012
    From the outside this show looks like a couple of dudes in their 20s riding around in a fantastic car with a bunch of guns and salt, but it is so much more than that. It is a show about family. Sam and Dean are brothers who suffered a tragedy and dedicated their lives to helping other families avoid such tragedies. Family is the most important thing to them, then there is killing evil ****From the outside this show looks like a couple of dudes in their 20s riding around in a fantastic car with a bunch of guns and salt, but it is so much more than that. It is a show about family. Sam and Dean are brothers who suffered a tragedy and dedicated their lives to helping other families avoid such tragedies. Family is the most important thing to them, then there is killing evil **** It is a great show with great actors. Give it a shot, watch at least 4 episodes and if you are not even a little bit interested then you are a CRAZY PERSON. Expand
  34. Sep 2, 2012
    Best written tv show of ALL TIME. Every episode feels new and original and almost always has some twist into it. For fans of old time cult classics (Twilight Zone & Twin Peaks) and new generation horror flicks.
  35. LaurenS.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Supernatural is an amazing show, that nearly anyone can watch, and should watch. The show keeps to the myths and legends amazingly, while bringing great actors to the screen. The guys will like it because it has action, the girls will like it because of Jared and Jensen, and everyone will love it because of the car. I managed to get my whole family hooked!
  36. Mar 15, 2011
    Players can earn a maximum of 80 points per game, per day, with a total cap of 300 points across all of Zynga's titles. The site represents a concerted effort from the developer to reduce its reliance on Facebook and expand its audience in other areas. Zynga entered into a five-year deal to use Facebook credits last May, following a dispute over the 30 per cent cut taken by the social network.
  37. BrandyP
    Mar 1, 2006
    I love Supernatural for many reasons, given it's creep factor, family sentiments, and hot completely lovable stars who wouldn't.
  38. Mar 20, 2014
    Supernatural is the bomb! I watch a lot of TV shows and this one by far is the best. In the beginning it seamed a bit cheesy, but by season 2 it really picked up, now I'm hooked. I love this show so much that I went out and bought season one thru to season 7. I never get sick of it! I am actually on my forth time around watching it. Anyone interested in watching supernatural showsSupernatural is the bomb! I watch a lot of TV shows and this one by far is the best. In the beginning it seamed a bit cheesy, but by season 2 it really picked up, now I'm hooked. I love this show so much that I went out and bought season one thru to season 7. I never get sick of it! I am actually on my forth time around watching it. Anyone interested in watching supernatural shows (monsters, ghosts, angels, demons etc..) this is a definite must. Two brothers who hunt together and who have been to hell and back, literally (heaven as well) have had quite the journey. Supernatural is finishing up its ninth season and has been renewed for a tenth and what surprises me the most is that the writers are still coming up with amazing story lines. ROCK on Winchester Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  39. Marina
    Oct 7, 2005
    Light. Entertaining. Witty. Suspenseful. What is it about supernatural stories that gets everyone? They're so damn interesting. Easyly one of the best shows on TV. But, beyond the story is the great cast. They go from action to drama to comedy, and its done so well. Congrats to star Jensen Ackles, I knew he had it in him!
  40. marshallm
    Oct 9, 2005
    kinda tedious, in the sense that we've seen it all before, but still, fun to watch.
  41. RyanD
    May 5, 2009
    One of my favorite shows on TV. The first season was a little too brooding and emo and can give a bad impression. In season 2, they dropped the excess angst and went full steam ahead into kickass town and haven't looked back since. The tone is just serious enough to keep you scared and just playful enough to let you know it doesn't take itself too seriously. I'd love to see One of my favorite shows on TV. The first season was a little too brooding and emo and can give a bad impression. In season 2, they dropped the excess angst and went full steam ahead into kickass town and haven't looked back since. The tone is just serious enough to keep you scared and just playful enough to let you know it doesn't take itself too seriously. I'd love to see more variety in the monsters they fight and the occasional return to the urban legend stories that the show started around but if they don't change a thing, I'll still happily keep watching. Expand
  42. BrianR
    Oct 28, 2005
    My favorite new show this year. Does a great job of revisiting folklore and urban legends.
  43. Felicity
    Nov 11, 2006
    The premise, acting and writing (mostly) is great, chemisty is generally very effective and I am now officially calling myself a fan. (The occasional humour does not do any harm either) Of course incomparable to BTVS, but since I doubt any other supernatural-based show could ever compare, I'll be just. Whoever said these two boys are just pretty faces is incredibly wrong, and that is The premise, acting and writing (mostly) is great, chemisty is generally very effective and I am now officially calling myself a fan. (The occasional humour does not do any harm either) Of course incomparable to BTVS, but since I doubt any other supernatural-based show could ever compare, I'll be just. Whoever said these two boys are just pretty faces is incredibly wrong, and that is not just me being an insipid little fan girl, which I chronically deny I am. Expand
  44. LB
    Oct 30, 2006
    It is a show for everyone!
  45. TiaG
    Jan 6, 2006
    this show is the best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dean and sam.... u r soooo hott!!!
  46. darrienc
    Jan 6, 2006
    kool show
  47. BrittanyW
    Jan 8, 2006
    Supernaural may seem like a cheesy tale about a family trying to work out it's issues by having heartfelt talks (like 7th Heaven...no offence to fans) but this show is so much more. The gorgeous and talented Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles star as two brothers hunting spirits while trying to find their missing father. The show has the perfect mix of thrills and comedy to make it Supernaural may seem like a cheesy tale about a family trying to work out it's issues by having heartfelt talks (like 7th Heaven...no offence to fans) but this show is so much more. The gorgeous and talented Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles star as two brothers hunting spirits while trying to find their missing father. The show has the perfect mix of thrills and comedy to make it one of the most enjoyable shows on the WB. Hopefully, it will stick around for a very long time. Expand
  48. HadeethZ
    Feb 5, 2006
    Supernatural is one of the best shows on TV. I'm pretty picky with the TV shows that I watch, I defeinintly doin't get drawn into teen dramas. But, Supernatual is different. It's suspensful and unique. It keeps your eyes glued to the TV screen.A true masterpiece.
  49. bevb
    May 10, 2006
    While the acting is a bit superficial by the two leads, the premise of the show is good and many of the episodes engaging. The writing is a bit wooden at times, but they should work that out as the characters evolve. J.D. Morgan as the father should get more screen time, but again some of the lines that get put in his mouth...!
  50. AnthonyS
    May 5, 2006
    A vary good show that pulls there ideas from real legends while adding enough of there own to make it origianl. I hope to see more sesons of Supernatural.
  51. HeatherK
    Jun 19, 2006
    Series started as a little show all about two brothers in a pretty car hunting nasty things, quickly turning into one of the best character-driven shows around. Effortly mixing humour, angst and action, Supernatural is well on its way to being the Buffy of its generation.
  52. saraxxx
    Sep 8, 2006
    cool show not on par with x files, but still a solid show for us sci fi geeks and horror movie buffs...oh and the 2 bros on the show are hotties!
  53. Laura
    Feb 6, 2007
    The best show on TV since ever! Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki are a star team, and with people like Kripke and Singer behind them it's no wonder the show is awesome!
  54. AshleyS
    Apr 15, 2007
    The first show that I refuse to miss a single eppisode of. Supernatural is indepth, exciting and grabs your attention the moment it comes onto the screen. With english as my second language, I very rarely watch shows other then french but Supernatural has become my all time favorite show. Not enough people know about it. CONVERT YOUR FRIENDS! Supernatural is a perfect show.
  55. vicky
    Apr 19, 2007
    I am from the UK and we love supernatural over here (although it could have more publicity) Supernatural is generally loved by the fans of the sci fi/horror genre although im sure it appeals to more of a wider audience than that...but it is just amazing, i dont care what anyone says I think the actors Jared and Jensen are very talented and have alot of potential to go into bigger I am from the UK and we love supernatural over here (although it could have more publicity) Supernatural is generally loved by the fans of the sci fi/horror genre although im sure it appeals to more of a wider audience than that...but it is just amazing, i dont care what anyone says I think the actors Jared and Jensen are very talented and have alot of potential to go into bigger films...plus they are HOT :) I totally love the story lines and because i am into all that stuff anyway the show gives me my fix of all things weird and well.....SUPERNATURAL!!! in fact i think i like it even better than the X files!!! Expand
  56. Mike
    Jun 7, 2007
    This is by far one of the most underappreciated shows on television. It's dramatic without being soapy or reliant on huge plot twists
  57. jk
    Jul 10, 2007
    This show is great! The brothers aren't preppy or filthy rich. It's good to see them get dirty, unlike some other shows I've tried to watch where the leads can't even mess their hair up. They play believable brothers, rely on each other but not always get along.
  58. DanC
    Nov 3, 2008
    Supernatural is without a doubt one of the best shows on TV at the moment.
  59. ethanr
    Dec 7, 2008
    This is by far one of the best shows on television in this generation. I look forward to every Thursday so I can watch it with my roommates. I've got them all hooked.
  60. LucyannC.
    May 25, 2008
    My favourite show on TV. The brotherly relationship is what draws me to it! The mytharc is a close second. It is refreshing to see a show about something else than mixed loveaffairs (Greys anatomy/Desperate housewifes - totally stopped watching those) - SP is the most underrated show on TV today! J2 are extremely talented, as well good looking. Kripke - keep up the good work! We love you and J2!!
  61. AndrewB.
    Sep 9, 2008
    Supernatural is an excellent show that has an incredible progression with character development. Sam and Dean are believably "real" and you feel involved with their adventures and conflicts. Brilliant writing, an excellent depiction of the characters, and loads of great action make this show a true winner.
  62. amberA
    Oct 11, 2009
    I have loved watching this show from the season priemere to it's current place in the 5th season. Though there are times where I miss some of the more light-heartedness moments between Sam and Dean in the earlier seasons. The show as evovled in a nessecary way to keep fans interested and was done so in beautifully executed manner. Even as a fan of both Buffy and Angel, I would have I have loved watching this show from the season priemere to it's current place in the 5th season. Though there are times where I miss some of the more light-heartedness moments between Sam and Dean in the earlier seasons. The show as evovled in a nessecary way to keep fans interested and was done so in beautifully executed manner. Even as a fan of both Buffy and Angel, I would have to say Supernatural trumps them both, EASY!!! Expand
  63. GabriellaB
    Jan 15, 2009
    It is awesome it is such good acting and the actors are so hot and who ever says overwise probably have not seen it and are just such attention grabbing idiots.and who ever is reading this and is giving it bad rating BACK OFF ok.
  64. Samj
    Feb 22, 2009
    Are people dissing the show because Sam and Dean arent completely fugly? Supernatural is hilarious and really scary when it needs to be. Definite 10/10 for me
  65. JohnD
    Apr 2, 2009
    The best show humanity has seen so far.
  66. MJ
    May 2, 2009
    Excellent series! A friend of mine convinced me to watch her season 1 DVD and i was hooked from the first episode. As an X-Files fan, I saw a lot of the attraction of SN needs to be credited to Kim Manners, the great late director of many episodes (even filming in Toronto). Jensen is a great actor and deserves Emmy recognition, I have no idea why the CW takes its best show and pits it Excellent series! A friend of mine convinced me to watch her season 1 DVD and i was hooked from the first episode. As an X-Files fan, I saw a lot of the attraction of SN needs to be credited to Kim Manners, the great late director of many episodes (even filming in Toronto). Jensen is a great actor and deserves Emmy recognition, I have no idea why the CW takes its best show and pits it against the top rated shows currently on TV. A 10 all the way, sorry to see it will be ending with Season 5. Expand
  67. bobanonomouse
    Jun 10, 2009
    Its not like other shows its not the same thing over and over and its not predictable like Smallville.
  68. LeahT
    Sep 10, 2009
    It's truly a shame that this series has not been reviewed in it's newer seasons - because it has become apocalyptic brilliance and nothing else on television hits the spot quite like these two brothers and their relationship. Oh, and monsters don't hurt a bit either. Give it a shot, if you've any sense.
  69. VanessaM
    Nov 20, 2005
    Yeah the ultra pretty boys and the WB setting may be offputting but give this show a chance. The pretty boys can actually act, be funny and have great chemistry together. The shows are good for at least one genuinely scary moment per episode although the Bloody Mary one just seemed a blatant ripoff of The Ring to me.
  70. knowledgebone
    Nov 3, 2005
    Started off very strong, fell off the 3rd episode, is making a decent comeback with sone new and innovative ideas..the writing could be a little better, they have good stories, but there is too much humor when there shouldnt be. Overall the show is great, and should last @ least 3 seasons of 22 episodes
  71. marians
    Nov 4, 2005
    I don't usually like mystery or crime movies, or even horror, but this show i like. it's short and captivating, and keeps me on the edge of my seat each time i watch it!!
  72. nikun
    Nov 6, 2005
    i love this show.
  73. ShaNana-
    Nov 12, 2006
    best there is, best there was.. best there ever will be
  74. ShellyT
    Nov 3, 2006
    I think this is a very awsome show, I love it. I can't wait for the next episode.
  75. MedaS
    Jan 16, 2006
    I think it's a cool show that's better then the buffy and angel stuff since this is more realistic and the ideas for the episode are brought from real-life myths. It's cool, scary, funny, and has some special effects put in.
  76. TiffanyM
    Jan 2, 2006
    The show is just what tv needs. With good acting and an interesting theme, haveing to watch jensen and Jared, ( totally HOTT!) is a definate bonus!
  77. Petra
    Dec 24, 2006
    This is an awesome show and it never should stop. Supernatural never disappoints me.
  78. VanessaP
    Oct 27, 2006
    This show is by far one of the best shows I have ever seen. Jensen and Jared have great chemistry which allows them to believably portray the roles as brothers. The show is just scary enough to make you jump yet comedic enough to make you burst out laughing!
  79. ClaireK
    Oct 9, 2006
    One of the most addictive and frankly distinctive new drama's with vast potential to come to TV in a long time; and certainly one the best, complex and interwoven sibling relationships I have seen portrayed. Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki are two very talented and promising actors- the show is still pretty much in its infancy but shows fantastic potential - here's hoping the One of the most addictive and frankly distinctive new drama's with vast potential to come to TV in a long time; and certainly one the best, complex and interwoven sibling relationships I have seen portrayed. Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki are two very talented and promising actors- the show is still pretty much in its infancy but shows fantastic potential - here's hoping the CW see this too and keep it for the long haul allowing it to become the fantastic and compelling series it promises to be. Hugely suspenseful with a heart at the story to match, hilarious banter and on screen chemistry, I simply cannot recommend it enough. Expand
  80. EllenB
    Mar 11, 2006
    This show is by far the best show on television! Everything about the show 'screams' #1! The actors, creator, writers, directors, producers... every one of these people worked to make this show original and exciting... and they definitely succeeded! Keep it up guys!! ~Ellen B, Halifax
  81. EnidM
    Mar 6, 2006
    Enjoyable! what can I say? Doesn't have the sharp wit of Buffy or Angel but not bad.
  82. Teela
    Apr 26, 2006
    Whats not to love about supernatural? it has great acting, great story lines, and with Jared Padelecki and Jensen Ackles as the two leads it can't go wrong!
  83. alanayourmum
    May 11, 2006
    this show is amazing it is really good and so entertaining
  84. ToriS
    May 22, 2006
    I make sure everything's done by the time Supernatural's on every week, cuz I know I'll be useless for the hour it's on!! It's great for a scare, hot guys, and a laugh.
  85. hermitme
    Jun 19, 2006
    Whoever said these guys can't act hasn't watched the show. This show is great, a unique blend of supernatural mixed with brotherly dynamics and background suspense. Jensen Ackles' acting is top notch, better than so many tv stars that are out there. He brings the character 'Dean' to life and gives him a charisma rarely seen nowadays in so many shows dubbed Whoever said these guys can't act hasn't watched the show. This show is great, a unique blend of supernatural mixed with brotherly dynamics and background suspense. Jensen Ackles' acting is top notch, better than so many tv stars that are out there. He brings the character 'Dean' to life and gives him a charisma rarely seen nowadays in so many shows dubbed 'popular'. Jared Padelecki's Sam is a great foil for Dean and both guys make this show really work. The writing is great, the lines are unforgettable. This is one of the best shows on TV and certainly the best on the WB soon to be CW. Expand
  86. Teirney
    Jun 19, 2006
    Terrific show. Great idea of using urban legends and folklore as a basis and the relationship between the brothers is very believably pulled off by Ackles and Padalecki. Ackles' character Dean in particular did a great job of portraying layers in his character the writing sometimes left out and in the second half of the seaso his character was often put through an emotional wringer Terrific show. Great idea of using urban legends and folklore as a basis and the relationship between the brothers is very believably pulled off by Ackles and Padalecki. Ackles' character Dean in particular did a great job of portraying layers in his character the writing sometimes left out and in the second half of the seaso his character was often put through an emotional wringer and he handled with a deft and delicate touch. Expand
  87. AdamC
    Jun 27, 2006
    The show started as a spooky atmospheric, albeit lean, creep fest and has evolved into a drama revolving around the Winchester family and the plight of Sam's reluctance to reconcile with his father, who's crusade he views as tormenting his childhood, with spook sequences used much like romantic sequences in most other dramas. Jense Ackles, as older brother/stoic hunter Dean, is The show started as a spooky atmospheric, albeit lean, creep fest and has evolved into a drama revolving around the Winchester family and the plight of Sam's reluctance to reconcile with his father, who's crusade he views as tormenting his childhood, with spook sequences used much like romantic sequences in most other dramas. Jense Ackles, as older brother/stoic hunter Dean, is stellar and Jared Padalecki, as younger brother/reluctant hunter Sam, does an admirable job, if you can forgive the occasional over emotional acting. The writing is funny, hammy stuff with the dramatic teetering between too little, too much, and just right. The season finale almost hit the spot, here's hoping season two does just that. Expand
  88. EmJK
    Jul 14, 2006
    Fantastic! Entertaining, emotionally compelling, and fulfilling!
  89. LisaV
    Jul 17, 2006
    This is one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. The acting is terrific and the storylines are not only fascinating but downright spooky at times. Week after week I look forward to Thursday nights, even when they are repeats. This show keeps me coming back for more and I can't wait until the second season begins.
  90. sarahp.
    Jul 29, 2006
    omga! i love this show and i usually hate spooky movies and shows but i just cant get enough of Supernatural! its an amazing show!
  91. Ashley
    Aug 10, 2006
    I love this show! its great!
  92. JB
    Aug 12, 2006
    This is a show with great acting and high budget effects that I watch often, if only to fill the 'supernatural' hole left by X-files and Buffy. Unfortunately, the writing is so bad as to be almost camp, including such odd ideas as rock-salt pistols for ghost dispersing and burning corpses to kill them. The show uses carefully chosen words to hide a lack of research of any kind This is a show with great acting and high budget effects that I watch often, if only to fill the 'supernatural' hole left by X-files and Buffy. Unfortunately, the writing is so bad as to be almost camp, including such odd ideas as rock-salt pistols for ghost dispersing and burning corpses to kill them. The show uses carefully chosen words to hide a lack of research of any kind in the paranormal or the occult, without establishing its own solid supernatural rules the way other successful shows in the genre have in the past. Expand
  93. SandyM
    Aug 20, 2006
    Well plotted, well written, great acting. This show builds suspsense as well or better than anything I've ever seen on television, and the cast is fantastic.
  94. shonkiat
    Sep 12, 2006
    it good keep it on! it's the best tv show ever!! u feel me?
  95. DestinyE
    Sep 21, 2006
    i love it so much b/c of jensen and jared but also b/c of the funny things they say and do to eachother, i never thought it was good now i do...:)
  96. DestinyS
    Jan 14, 2007
    This is an amazing show. I can go on about a lot of great things about it but the man fact is the over all result. The team behind it is like a perfectly oiled machine as the show is so damn sleek! Everything from the script itslef , to the effects and ofcourse the acting (of the leads) is near perfetct. The random refernces, the cool music it all boils down to a perfect package. Kripe This is an amazing show. I can go on about a lot of great things about it but the man fact is the over all result. The team behind it is like a perfectly oiled machine as the show is so damn sleek! Everything from the script itslef , to the effects and ofcourse the acting (of the leads) is near perfetct. The random refernces, the cool music it all boils down to a perfect package. Kripe you are a master. Expand
  97. kaylenec
    Oct 15, 2007
    Scariest and best supernatural ever, I love every aspect of the show.
  98. dw
    Nov 9, 2007
    this is the ONLY show i go out of my way to watch each week......it deserves better, more objective reviews
  99. BethanyL
    Feb 10, 2007
    This is the best T.V. show that I have ever, EVER seen... There need to be more like it...
  100. SteveC
    Mar 27, 2007
    One of the best thriller tv shows of the last 10 years. a definate keeper!

As unimaginative as its title.
    Genre fans used to the emotional depth and extraordinary storytelling of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" will find that this show is not even remotely in "Buffy's" or "Angel's" league.
  3. The creep factor runs high, and it had better in a series called "Supernatural." But the series also has its overly familiar and just-plain-silly moments.