- Network: CBS
- Series Premiere Date: May 31, 2000
- Starring: Jeff Probst, Rupert Boneham, Tijuana Bradley
- Summary: The rules of Survivor are simple: average Americans are abandoned in the middle of some of the most unforgiving places on earth. Divided into teams, they participate in challenges given by host Jeff Probst, and every three days, the losing tribe must trek to Tribal Council to vote out oneThe rules of Survivor are simple: average Americans are abandoned in the middle of some of the most unforgiving places on earth. Divided into teams, they participate in challenges given by host Jeff Probst, and every three days, the losing tribe must trek to Tribal Council to vote out one of their own. Halfway through the game, the challenges shift to individual competitions when the tribes merge and become one. Now the game is every contestant for themselves.The game is simple: Outwit, Outplay, Outlast, by winning immunity, thus not being eligible to have votes cast against yourself. However, the players must be careful about who they send packing - because after the merge, a jury of previously voted out contestants begins to form, and each week they return to watch the Tribal Council ceremony. At the end of the game, they vote for one of the members in the finals to win one million dollars and become the next Survivor!Generally, each season begins with a twist - something different to surprise the new castaways. Survivor is a game of adaptation, and the final two or three of each season are the players most able to adapt to their surroundings and to the people they are playing with. Survivor focuses on the people, and the social commentary that surrounds them. The game revolves around how these players can Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast. … Expand
- Genre(s): Game Show
- Season 7 premiere date: Sep 18, 2003
- Episode Length: 60
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Autoplay On Off
Published: July 27, 2010Reality competition shows have become a fixture of primetime television over the past decade. Our reality TV expert selects some of the best and worst examples of the genre from the past 10 years.
Published: January 5, 2010Read about the biggest and best new series debuting in the coming months, find out when your favorite programs are returning, and watch trailers for over two dozen shows.