• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 5, 2008
8.3

1. ChrisJ.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Other than the excellent capture of the 70's, swingtown is a ghastly show. Everything about this show reeks. The story is dull and cliched. The characters are boring, everyone of them I wish to die. I can't stand to see my Tv insulted by something like this show.
  2. BrianR.
    Jun 12, 2008
    So much set up for awesome stories, expertly directed, incredible acting and fun 70's stuff and so sexy.
    Jun 5, 2008
    First episode was great. Brought back lots of memories..the food, the styles, the music, the Bicentennial. Looking forward to the remaining episodes. Too bad the show won't last.
  4. xu
    Jul 26, 2008
    Its the only show I watch every week. And I haven't done that in at least 10 years. I like the show - please keep it on the air. More complex than the basic theme. Includes some real personalities with some tough decisions in an interesting era. About time a show expressed some alternative lifestyle without being reality TV.
  5. JanetP
    Jul 3, 2008
    Show is one of the better over past few years. Great sound tracks and very authentic for the mid 70's. Great SHOW!
  6. FredA.
    Jul 4, 2008
    Really liked this show. Clothing was great to remember. Houses & Cabin where nice. The Tupperware was right out of the time period. To bad the cars where left out.
  7. RobertK.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Great show - Look forward to each episode - Interesting subject matter done with taste - good casting, acting, music, props, wardrobes, etc. of era - portrays sincere feelings of spousal relationships as characters explore a more open marital and taboo friendship with others.
  8. JoeF.
    Jul 7, 2008
    Having lived through that perod, I think the show is right on.
  9. Matt
    Aug 2, 2008
    Its great its on a 10 so If you dont want the kids watching this one Block it and quit your moaning!
  10. RonD.
    Aug 30, 2008
    We have watched every episode of Swingtown and have enjoyed it immensely . The character development and human angst is interesting. We are left each we to see what will develop next week. When we saw last night that there is only one more episode, we were very disappointed. I hope there is enough outcry and interest that CBS or one of the cable or satellite companies will continue it. We have watched every episode of Swingtown and have enjoyed it immensely . The character development and human angst is interesting. We are left each we to see what will develop next week. When we saw last night that there is only one more episode, we were very disappointed. I hope there is enough outcry and interest that CBS or one of the cable or satellite companies will continue it. This, we feel, could be blockbuster for someone. Let Expand
  11. Evah
    Jan 17, 2010
    I only saw the pilot and didn't feel compelled to watch more. The story seems predictable, the characters are non-existent, there's no thrill whatsoever. I agree, very hamhanded. What a contrast to the first episodes of a series like Mad Men, which were already unique, intriguing and layered!
  12. Marjo
    Jun 10, 2008
    I, too, found the show refreshing. I will definitely be watching - great music, interesting characters - Hope CBS lets the show play out all the episodes. For those that don't like the show - turn the channel. Nobody forces you to watch
  13. ADub
    Jun 10, 2008
    The Swingtown pilot planted the seeds of a fascinating, subversive plot, the likes of which we're rarely fortunate enough to see on network TV. Filled with fantastic performances, beautiful art direction and a killer soundtrack, I highly recommend it to any intelligent person looking to enjoy some quality storytelling.
  14. R.D.
    Jun 19, 2008
    So all that was going on the in 70's...sorry I missed it. The show is occasionally poignant, often funny, and always nostalgic. It's a guilty pleasure for Thusday nights this summer. It's not trying to be Hamlet...and I don't want it to be.
  15. CJ.
    Jun 20, 2008
    I think Swingtown has great characters that can really be expanded as the series continues. I like the struggles in all of them over good/evil, sex/no sex, right and wrong. I think at least within the lady characters there is a real struggle over life and lifestyle. I like it a lot. I think the men are pretty weak minded--they are thinking without thinking. Of course, males (yes I am one) I think Swingtown has great characters that can really be expanded as the series continues. I like the struggles in all of them over good/evil, sex/no sex, right and wrong. I think at least within the lady characters there is a real struggle over life and lifestyle. I like it a lot. I think the men are pretty weak minded--they are thinking without thinking. Of course, males (yes I am one) tend to do that sometimes. I would hope CBS would have this continue in the fall! Expand
  16. MarleneT.
    Jun 6, 2008
    I felt it was an interesting piece. Great music! Suprised to see so much of the unspoken put on at a time where anyone could watch. Nice to see the network taking the risk.
  17. MF
    Jun 6, 2008
    could have been good if it portrayed those NOT interested in it as normal too. Instead the monogamous couple are portrayed as too emotionally needy instead of comfortable enough to resist the lifestyle. Too skewed a perspective, and unbelievably cheesy.
  18. T.J.E.
    Jun 6, 2008
    CBS's last gasp: it has prostituted itself with toxic waste. Vomitting in public was once considered a poor form of self-expression. CBS has resurrected public vomit, that vile bile and indigestible rot from the pit of one's gut, with it's pilot, Swingtown. Swingtown features empty characters, decadent lives and moral depravity. Sheer self-involvement and selfishness reign CBS's last gasp: it has prostituted itself with toxic waste. Vomitting in public was once considered a poor form of self-expression. CBS has resurrected public vomit, that vile bile and indigestible rot from the pit of one's gut, with it's pilot, Swingtown. Swingtown features empty characters, decadent lives and moral depravity. Sheer self-involvement and selfishness reign across current media. If it weren't so damaging to family values, Swingtown would be laughable. Like many of CBS's other shows, Swingtown lacks depth, real humor or insight. It's a shame to squandered real cash on such a dismal pilot to again show the world that the USA is a material, sex obsessessed, heathen nation. No revelations here. This show is worse that 2 and a half Men and That Seventies Show. Trash. Trash. Trash. Expand
  19. BettinaC.
    Jun 6, 2008
    I have no interest in watching this show. This show should not be aired at all. It's pathetic and it perpetuate the immorality of that era. It is also sending a wrong message to the future our children.
  20. GAnders
    Jul 1, 2008
    I love this show! And I would have given it at 10 if it were on HBO and showed a little more sex and skin!
  21. LeighA.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Best show in years. Intelligently written and very entertaining. It's more about relationships, not sex. Great acting all around. Must see TV.
  22. Leslie
    Jul 15, 2008
    This is the BEST escape from reality! Experiencing and embracing the 70s with an open heart and mind! No need to focus on accuracies...it's ENTERTAINMENT!
  23. WB
    Jul 2, 2008
    It seemed a little boring at first but has definitively improved. The friction between the swinger couple and the none swinger couple is hysterical. As one reviewer who didn't like it said "it would be better on HBO" and that is very true.
  24. DonS.
    Jul 26, 2008
    The Show started out as a 10 which showed the freestyle of devoted couples within different levels of their own relationships. This was very realistic to the topic matter. Unfortunately the last few episodes have fallen off the drama deep end of the pool. The writers need to get the a point and then move on or I predict that this show will be another short lived series that could have The Show started out as a 10 which showed the freestyle of devoted couples within different levels of their own relationships. This was very realistic to the topic matter. Unfortunately the last few episodes have fallen off the drama deep end of the pool. The writers need to get the a point and then move on or I predict that this show will be another short lived series that could have been great. It also seems that the show has gone into hyper-protective mode in terms of sex. We're seeing more sexual activity from the daughter and her affair with her teacher.. This is a real problem that still exist today. Move on to the subject of the title please... (Swingtown) The retro clothes and music are great. The show will keep our interest for only a few more episodes to see if it gets better. We have many many friends that fill the same way. Expand
  25. JackeC.
    Jul 28, 2008
    I like the show, music and seeing that there is an alternative lifestyle on TV. Glad that this shows displays the fact people can be in love with someone yet still be secure and open at the same time!
  26. EloyV.
    Jul 3, 2008
    Great show.
  27. ChristineJ.
    Jul 4, 2008
    I really hope this show survives - each week I look forward to tripping down memory lane. (Sick to death of the Reality Show overkill!!). I'm especially getting drawn into the development of the 3 main women's characters, plus that of Grant Show's, and Susan's son - the other's are far less intriguing.
  28. RobertH.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Great show....check it out.
  29. AnjelicaM.
    Jul 7, 2008
    I love that CBS demonstrated how everyone really acted and thought in the 70s. Contrary to popular belief not everyone was a swinger or a hippie. Much of America was still very conserative. I have no promblem with open realtionships...but that's me I am liberal.
  30. ElaineS.
    Aug 18, 2008
    Great program...not that I was a swinger, but reminds me of my life in the 70's

1. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    The relative tameness of Swingtown makes the unease it provokes more inviting: You tune in to see the bodies and stick around for the minds.
  2. It has one thing going for it--the essential thing. That is, deft writing that yields the kind of suspense that causes people to want to know what comes next. That's no small achievement for a series whose characters are so entirely devoid of, yes, character--or anything resembling an interesting thought.
  3. Even skillful performances by its largely unknown cast aren't able to hide the lack of character development and the sense that the people in this series are almost self-parodies.