Teachers : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 28, 2006
6.5

1. rainyday
    Mar 28, 2006
    What I have been WAITING FOR! A funny traditional sitcom that isn't DUMB. Loved it, loved it! Sarah Alexander is hott too!1
  2. BrianB
    Apr 7, 2006
    Cute and amusing, it has potential. But what's with Sarah Alexander's accent? She's a British actress (Susan on BBC's "Coupling", for one), for crying out loud! Why does she have to sound like an American trying to sound British?
  3. DawnC
    Apr 19, 2006
    This is a wonderful show. Our whole family enjoys watching it. Our kids are high school age and they enjoy it too. I hope they keep it running!!
  4. annJ
    Apr 24, 2006
    I never completely enjoy the first few episodes of a new sitcom. Let them get in to their new skins - know their character and it will become a weekly enjoyment. Love the nerdy character Mitch, think he could be very funny!
  5. Nicole
    Apr 27, 2006
    Before this show, I watched one television show. Anyone who works with kids or teachers can see that this is funny- too bad others can't see its great satire.
  6. Eli
    Apr 4, 2006
    Ok i admit i enjoyed this show a little too much. I realize it does not even come within a fraction of realisticly portraying teachers but hell it wasn't that bad. I also realize from the first ep the show is probably gonna run out material fast and continually get worse and worse.i
  7. NickC
    May 8, 2006
    Ya know...Ive been acting, teaching, and directing for years and im obsessed with Television. I dont know anyone who watches more TV than me, so I know my stuff. Or I like to think I do. This show is surprsingly better than half the crap on TV now. Actually witty with strong character actors to deliver. Unfortunately America and society onlylike shows that revolve around courts or cops or Ya know...Ive been acting, teaching, and directing for years and im obsessed with Television. I dont know anyone who watches more TV than me, so I know my stuff. Or I like to think I do. This show is surprsingly better than half the crap on TV now. Actually witty with strong character actors to deliver. Unfortunately America and society onlylike shows that revolve around courts or cops or people doing stupid things for money. 1 day shows and movies will be good again. But until then, atleast we might have another season of Teachers Expand
  8. MarkG
    Sep 10, 2006
    It takes you away from the troubles from your day, the humor was dry and probably missed by most . . . Look how long Seinfeld took to take hold. Phil Hendry is a value added especially if he does some of his characters. We need this one back.
  9. MikeP
    Mar 29, 2006
    It's a riot. I laughed out loud like 6 times. Who are reviewers anyway? Some arrogant little know-it-alls whose job it is to poo poo everything. Waht do they like anyway? Phil Hendrie (Dick) is the best.
  10. mikeb
    show was funny
  11. shepsky
    Mar 29, 2006
    Loved it! Down right funny! The Characters all have something or another to offer..Im definitely coming back to watch!
  12. TimB
    Apr 1, 2006
    It's a perfect match with Scrubs. If doctors can be wacky, so can teachers. But the public won't accept it from teachers so the show won't last long. The show's pilot displayed it's heart at the end of the episode. Too bad it won't be given a chance to grow.
  13. BrianT
    Apr 25, 2006
    I saw the previews and it seemed pretty funny, so I tivo'd it. I felt the first show I saw was a little lackluster, however the episode with Justin and his nemisis was hilarious. I really truly like almost all of the characters, especially Jeff played by the handsome Justin Bartha. I hope the networks give it a chance to find it's audience and refine the scripts and characters, I saw the previews and it seemed pretty funny, so I tivo'd it. I felt the first show I saw was a little lackluster, however the episode with Justin and his nemisis was hilarious. I really truly like almost all of the characters, especially Jeff played by the handsome Justin Bartha. I hope the networks give it a chance to find it's audience and refine the scripts and characters, and I think this could be a real hit!!! Expand
  14. CoryB
    Apr 26, 2006
    It's actually a pretty good show, although I think that Matt Tarses did much better work on Scrubs
  15. LizJ
    Apr 30, 2006
    I am enjoying this show more and more as I get to know the characters. There is a lot of talent on this show. I hope they give it a chance to find an audience and renew it for next season.
  16. karen
    Apr 5, 2006
    this is honestly my favorite tv show right now. it's something unique..and i think its funny. noo ur not gona fall off ur chair or have milk spurt out of your nose...but its pretty decent for a tuesday night.
  17. CraigS
    May 8, 2006
    Did the critics base their reviews solely on the ads? I thought the ads looked pretty stupid but I gave it a shot on the recognition that I like Justin Bartha's (National Treasure) sarcastic style. From the very first episode I was hooked, and now I TiVo every episode. The plot's not exactly earthshattering, but what new ground did "Friends" break? And look how that did. For as Did the critics base their reviews solely on the ads? I thought the ads looked pretty stupid but I gave it a shot on the recognition that I like Justin Bartha's (National Treasure) sarcastic style. From the very first episode I was hooked, and now I TiVo every episode. The plot's not exactly earthshattering, but what new ground did "Friends" break? And look how that did. For as much potential as it has to be truly horrendous, the writing really saves the show. Loads of laughs every episode! Expand
  18. melissag
    May 9, 2006
    awsome and sooo unique love sarah shahi
  19. philc
    Sep 21, 2006
    great comedy with nice morals!! this is definitely one of the show NBC needs to hang on to. smarten up and stop being a dumbass cancelling all the shows that you think might not do well or did not meet ur rating expectation. keep up the good work critics, dont rate a show if u havent seen more than 10minutes of it? I love ur sarcastic view of the show critics .. bunch of clones
  20. stacyp
    Mar 27, 2006
    I saw a preview of this and LOved it! It's funny, smart and reminds me a little of Cheers set in aschool. The charcters are all really funny and there's a really touching scene at the end of the show. Definitely watching next week!!
  21. AMYN
    Mar 28, 2006
    Sara Shahi is hilarious, She is an outstanding actress. She will carry this show.
  22. barthafan
    Mar 28, 2006
    Awesome funny! I loved it - can't wait to get to know all the characters. I love Justin and Sarah's chemistry they are so cute together!
  23. HaroldB
    Apr 13, 2006
    Give it some time before you condemn it. It has some really funny lines and the writing is good. I would prefer that it be more about relationships than school.
  24. TaliR
    Apr 13, 2006
    I am blown away by people's utter dislike. I think this show is slightly juvenile, with some not so great actors in certain roles, but it is classic sitcom, harmlessly funny. Even if the idea was again stolen from the Brits, it makes me laugh on its own.
  25. ShawnJ.
    Apr 15, 2006
    This is truly a brilliant show, with a hilarious leading man. Justin Bartha saved National Treasure and made Failur to Luanch, watchable. Now he does the same thing with this new funny sitcom. I actually love the jokes in the show and laugh at least 20 times an episode, which is really good for a quiet guy like me. I think everyone should give this show a chance...
  26. LindsayM
    Apr 17, 2006
    As a new teacher myself, I find this show absolutely hysterical! "Teachers" is a funny insight on the secret life of teachers!
  27. AnneM
    Apr 17, 2006
    Hysterical! An absolute insight to the secret lives of teachers!
  28. melinda
    Apr 28, 2006
    its funny, there is dry humor, I chuckled quite a few times, not believable (well come on people), since when was a sitcom supposed to be believable, (i saw many readers who were teachers that were offended), please, lighten up. the actors were great!
  29. Mollay
    Feb 26, 2007
    Witty and fun without trying too hard. Justin Bartha was amazing. It sure is a million times better than CBS's 'The Class'.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The U.S. version of "Teachers" has lost much of its grit and feels thuddingly conventional.
  2. Bad? It's a leech on your soul. Never have 22 minutes so felt like 44 minutes.
  3. It has potential.