• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 28, 2006
6.5

1. Mollay
    Feb 26, 2007
    Witty and fun without trying too hard. Justin Bartha was amazing. It sure is a million times better than CBS's 'The Class'.
  2. philc
    Sep 21, 2006
    great comedy with nice morals!! this is definitely one of the show NBC needs to hang on to. smarten up and stop being a dumbass cancelling all the shows that you think might not do well or did not meet ur rating expectation. keep up the good work critics, dont rate a show if u havent seen more than 10minutes of it? I love ur sarcastic view of the show critics .. bunch of clones
  3. MarkG
    Sep 10, 2006
    It takes you away from the troubles from your day, the humor was dry and probably missed by most . . . Look how long Seinfeld took to take hold. Phil Hendry is a value added especially if he does some of his characters. We need this one back.
  4. melissag
    May 9, 2006
    awsome and sooo unique love sarah shahi
  5. NickC
    May 8, 2006
    Ya know...Ive been acting, teaching, and directing for years and im obsessed with Television. I dont know anyone who watches more TV than me, so I know my stuff. Or I like to think I do. This show is surprsingly better than half the crap on TV now. Actually witty with strong character actors to deliver. Unfortunately America and society onlylike shows that revolve around courts or cops or Ya know...Ive been acting, teaching, and directing for years and im obsessed with Television. I dont know anyone who watches more TV than me, so I know my stuff. Or I like to think I do. This show is surprsingly better than half the crap on TV now. Actually witty with strong character actors to deliver. Unfortunately America and society onlylike shows that revolve around courts or cops or people doing stupid things for money. 1 day shows and movies will be good again. But until then, atleast we might have another season of Teachers Expand
  6. CraigS
    May 8, 2006
    Did the critics base their reviews solely on the ads? I thought the ads looked pretty stupid but I gave it a shot on the recognition that I like Justin Bartha's (National Treasure) sarcastic style. From the very first episode I was hooked, and now I TiVo every episode. The plot's not exactly earthshattering, but what new ground did "Friends" break? And look how that did. For as Did the critics base their reviews solely on the ads? I thought the ads looked pretty stupid but I gave it a shot on the recognition that I like Justin Bartha's (National Treasure) sarcastic style. From the very first episode I was hooked, and now I TiVo every episode. The plot's not exactly earthshattering, but what new ground did "Friends" break? And look how that did. For as much potential as it has to be truly horrendous, the writing really saves the show. Loads of laughs every episode! Expand
  7. RyanD
    May 8, 2006
    I think that the script came across as trying too hard. The producers would do much better focusing more on Phil Hendrie's character...and give the entire show more bite rather than predictable, canned jokes.
  8. LizJ
    Apr 30, 2006
    I am enjoying this show more and more as I get to know the characters. There is a lot of talent on this show. I hope they give it a chance to find an audience and renew it for next season.
  9. melinda
    Apr 28, 2006
    its funny, there is dry humor, I chuckled quite a few times, not believable (well come on people), since when was a sitcom supposed to be believable, (i saw many readers who were teachers that were offended), please, lighten up. the actors were great!
  10. Nicole
    Apr 27, 2006
    Before this show, I watched one television show. Anyone who works with kids or teachers can see that this is funny- too bad others can't see its great satire.
  11. CoryB
    Apr 26, 2006
    It's actually a pretty good show, although I think that Matt Tarses did much better work on Scrubs
  12. BrianT
    Apr 25, 2006
    I saw the previews and it seemed pretty funny, so I tivo'd it. I felt the first show I saw was a little lackluster, however the episode with Justin and his nemisis was hilarious. I really truly like almost all of the characters, especially Jeff played by the handsome Justin Bartha. I hope the networks give it a chance to find it's audience and refine the scripts and characters, I saw the previews and it seemed pretty funny, so I tivo'd it. I felt the first show I saw was a little lackluster, however the episode with Justin and his nemisis was hilarious. I really truly like almost all of the characters, especially Jeff played by the handsome Justin Bartha. I hope the networks give it a chance to find it's audience and refine the scripts and characters, and I think this could be a real hit!!! Expand
  13. annJ
    Apr 24, 2006
    I never completely enjoy the first few episodes of a new sitcom. Let them get in to their new skins - know their character and it will become a weekly enjoyment. Love the nerdy character Mitch, think he could be very funny!
  14. CancelledYet?
    Apr 24, 2006
    Not even Sarah Shahi can save this one. I can't believe it's lasted this long. Not funny... not interesting... just sad. If any of the rest of this cast has any well-obscured acting talent I hope they jump ship now. Run, Sarah, run.
  15. SteffiK
    Apr 21, 2006
    I watched it for a few weeks, and found the black-haired woman to be interesting and the least cartoonish actor. Unfortunately, during the episode with the computer golf tournament, they made her act as if she cared about the results, which destroyed any illusions I had that there was at least one decent character. Teachers aren't funny, folks; they work hard for little pay, and have I watched it for a few weeks, and found the black-haired woman to be interesting and the least cartoonish actor. Unfortunately, during the episode with the computer golf tournament, they made her act as if she cared about the results, which destroyed any illusions I had that there was at least one decent character. Teachers aren't funny, folks; they work hard for little pay, and have to deal with spoiled kids with cell phones and weapons, not to mention the handicapped and language barriers. The truly, if not ironically, funny thing is that if the producers and directors went for more drama and less comedy, this might have become a good show. Expand
  16. MystyJ
    Apr 21, 2006
    I can't believe what NBC has done to this show...you people are right in criticising it! Watch the British verison for more dark humour! Why are Americans so scared to push boundaries? I think NBC would have done better to have aired the original! OK so some of the stuff is particularly based on the British schooling system, but I'm sure Americans would understand it!
  17. DawnC
    Apr 19, 2006
    This is a wonderful show. Our whole family enjoys watching it. Our kids are high school age and they enjoy it too. I hope they keep it running!!
  18. AadipD
    Apr 18, 2006
    Somehow, with several quality actors, this show is nearly unwatchable. I just don't care what happens to any of the characters.
  19. AnneM
    Apr 17, 2006
    Hysterical! An absolute insight to the secret lives of teachers!
  20. LindsayM
    Apr 17, 2006
    As a new teacher myself, I find this show absolutely hysterical! "Teachers" is a funny insight on the secret life of teachers!
  21. ShawnJ.
    Apr 15, 2006
    This is truly a brilliant show, with a hilarious leading man. Justin Bartha saved National Treasure and made Failur to Luanch, watchable. Now he does the same thing with this new funny sitcom. I actually love the jokes in the show and laugh at least 20 times an episode, which is really good for a quiet guy like me. I think everyone should give this show a chance...
  22. JOEJOE
    Apr 15, 2006
    Dreadful acting, dreadful writing. You know it's bad when they tack on a laugh track so they can tell you where the funny lines are supposed to be. Kali Roche deserves better than this and did the casting director not watch British Coupling - Susan-actress was really wooden (as with all the others) so why bother paying for her flight over here?
  23. TaliR
    Apr 13, 2006
    I am blown away by people's utter dislike. I think this show is slightly juvenile, with some not so great actors in certain roles, but it is classic sitcom, harmlessly funny. Even if the idea was again stolen from the Brits, it makes me laugh on its own.
  24. HaroldB
    Apr 13, 2006
    Give it some time before you condemn it. It has some really funny lines and the writing is good. I would prefer that it be more about relationships than school.
  25. AliP.
    Apr 7, 2006
    I wish there was an option of rating -10 for this show. I was disgusted - but not suprised - when the words, "That is so gay!" came out of the mouth of the lead actor. This was trumped only by the episode's misogynistic bedroom scene which probably derived straight out of the ignorant and talent-less writer's wet dream. I want this show off the air...it is offensive and I wish there was an option of rating -10 for this show. I was disgusted - but not suprised - when the words, "That is so gay!" came out of the mouth of the lead actor. This was trumped only by the episode's misogynistic bedroom scene which probably derived straight out of the ignorant and talent-less writer's wet dream. I want this show off the air...it is offensive and degrading to everyone, not only the GLBT community. Expand
  26. BrianB
    Apr 7, 2006
    Cute and amusing, it has potential. But what's with Sarah Alexander's accent? She's a British actress (Susan on BBC's "Coupling", for one), for crying out loud! Why does she have to sound like an American trying to sound British?
  27. EGonzalez
    Apr 7, 2006
    everyone has already commented on the ghastly wiritng, so I'll move on to more superficial criticisms: (1) why is the lead character so short? I would never believe that sub would hook up with someone so small. (2) why does the British woman dress like an Urban Outfitters model? Isn't she, like, 30?? (3) if they weren't going to give the token minority character anything everyone has already commented on the ghastly wiritng, so I'll move on to more superficial criticisms: (1) why is the lead character so short? I would never believe that sub would hook up with someone so small. (2) why does the British woman dress like an Urban Outfitters model? Isn't she, like, 30?? (3) if they weren't going to give the token minority character anything substantial to say, why did they bother including him on the show? This show is pointless - I give it 3 more airings. Expand
  28. shanep
    Apr 6, 2006
    It is Sitcoms like this that nearly killed the Sitcom genre. The worst part is it preempted "The Office" one of the most *CLEVER* and funny Sitcoms in a while.
  29. Alex
    Apr 6, 2006
    I'm blown away at how UNFUNNY this show is. No chemistry, barely any charisma, a whiny attempt to gather sympathy, and worst of all, horrendous writing. Puh-lease.
  30. Evan
    Apr 5, 2006
    I felt this show has very poor actors in it. the show also felt like they were trying to use other sitcoms, mainly everybody loves raymond, to seem funny. the script is horrible, every line for every actor has a sarcastic note to it...and not funny sarcasm. the show is simply boring, humorless, and repetative. its too bad that a funnyman like Phil Hendrie has this horrible show to add to I felt this show has very poor actors in it. the show also felt like they were trying to use other sitcoms, mainly everybody loves raymond, to seem funny. the script is horrible, every line for every actor has a sarcastic note to it...and not funny sarcasm. the show is simply boring, humorless, and repetative. its too bad that a funnyman like Phil Hendrie has this horrible show to add to his humorous, and attractive persona. Expand
  31. karen
    Apr 5, 2006
    this is honestly my favorite tv show right now. it's something unique..and i think its funny. noo ur not gona fall off ur chair or have milk spurt out of your nose...but its pretty decent for a tuesday night.
  32. Eli
    Apr 4, 2006
    Ok i admit i enjoyed this show a little too much. I realize it does not even come within a fraction of realisticly portraying teachers but hell it wasn't that bad. I also realize from the first ep the show is probably gonna run out material fast and continually get worse and worse.i
  33. TimB
    Apr 1, 2006
    It's a perfect match with Scrubs. If doctors can be wacky, so can teachers. But the public won't accept it from teachers so the show won't last long. The show's pilot displayed it's heart at the end of the episode. Too bad it won't be given a chance to grow.
  34. KayeO
    Mar 30, 2006
    I give this show a 2 for the 2 funny lines in it. My fellow teachers and I were looking forward to the first show...the setting has so much potential. Sadly, we will probably not tune in again. The main character was tacky and immature. And...beer in a classroom? Playing golf in someone's classroom? Not even funny. Too bad...there are so many things that are funny that actually I give this show a 2 for the 2 funny lines in it. My fellow teachers and I were looking forward to the first show...the setting has so much potential. Sadly, we will probably not tune in again. The main character was tacky and immature. And...beer in a classroom? Playing golf in someone's classroom? Not even funny. Too bad...there are so many things that are funny that actually happen...why use something so lame and stupid? Expand
  35. KG
    Mar 29, 2006
    Terrible show. Trying to be Scrubs sans the talent...
  36. PamB
    Mar 29, 2006
    Sure some of this was funny, but I was very dissappointed at some of the things that were done on the show. I was looking forward to seeing a funny show about my profession. I can take a joke, but... Drinking on school property? Ridiculous and illegal. The teachers calling each other gay in a derogatory manner? I have had numerous conversations with my students about why using terms such Sure some of this was funny, but I was very dissappointed at some of the things that were done on the show. I was looking forward to seeing a funny show about my profession. I can take a joke, but... Drinking on school property? Ridiculous and illegal. The teachers calling each other gay in a derogatory manner? I have had numerous conversations with my students about why using terms such as gay in that manner are wrong and unacceptable, and now tv has made it ok. I am disgusted with the way this show has portrayed teachers. Expand
  37. MikeP
    Mar 29, 2006
    It's a riot. I laughed out loud like 6 times. Who are reviewers anyway? Some arrogant little know-it-alls whose job it is to poo poo everything. Waht do they like anyway? Phil Hendrie (Dick) is the best.
  38. AndrewH.
    Mar 29, 2006
    This show is easily the least funny thing on TV, with the possible exception of PBS' "Frontline." Not only is it silly and predictable, it is obvioulsy the product of people who have never been inside a school building. (Perhaps this explains the borderline illiteracy of the writing.) Fake. Flat. Feces.
  39. tomp
    Mar 29, 2006
    Coming from a teacher, this could be a great show, but the premier was extremely lackluster. Ditch the laugh track, the slapstick, and the extreme goofiness, and give us something a little more tangible. Better writing would be a good start. The series begs for something a little more quirky, a la Scrubs, The Office, etc. Why do people even allow laugh tracks anymore?
  40. PaddyO
    Mar 29, 2006
    Teaching is the family business, so it was with some interest I lingered after Scrubs to watch this. I only got through the first half. I wanted to like this, I really wanted to like this. But it seemed straight out of the hack manual of sitcom writing. There was very little related to the context of teaching, and instead filled with lame jokes, awful interactions, and inane writing. It Teaching is the family business, so it was with some interest I lingered after Scrubs to watch this. I only got through the first half. I wanted to like this, I really wanted to like this. But it seemed straight out of the hack manual of sitcom writing. There was very little related to the context of teaching, and instead filled with lame jokes, awful interactions, and inane writing. It was all the old tired 'jokes' put into a new context, but without anything creative, or new, or original. Frankly this show wasn't just bad. It was sad and it was actually a painful show to watch in how unfunny it was. This show doesn't deserve to be within five time slots of Scrubs. Expand
  41. shepsky
    Mar 29, 2006
    Loved it! Down right funny! The Characters all have something or another to offer..Im definitely coming back to watch!
  42. mikeb
    show was funny
  43. IanI
    Mar 28, 2006
    "Teachers" isn't half-bad." is about as well as it can be put, I enjoy scrubs (from the same writer) but the bottom line is this show just doesn't feel like somthing that will keep me comming back, yes it had the same 1 liners and "dumb comments" that you can expect from these run of the mill sitcoms but I saw nothing to make this show anything but that, run of the mill. It was "Teachers" isn't half-bad." is about as well as it can be put, I enjoy scrubs (from the same writer) but the bottom line is this show just doesn't feel like somthing that will keep me comming back, yes it had the same 1 liners and "dumb comments" that you can expect from these run of the mill sitcoms but I saw nothing to make this show anything but that, run of the mill. It was just the pilot however, who knows where this show could end up, the pilot of Sienfeld was in my opinion non impressive (though that was mostly because george and kramer had not yet come to understand thier roles so jerry was forced to carry the show) who knows, I don't see any future in this show right now. Expand
  44. rainyday
    Mar 28, 2006
    What I have been WAITING FOR! A funny traditional sitcom that isn't DUMB. Loved it, loved it! Sarah Alexander is hott too!1
  45. mgsc
    Mar 28, 2006
    Like virtually all shows on television about characters to whom the writers can't possible relate but think they can, this show just flat blows. Having GONE to school does not qualify one to write convincingly about teaching it any more than having undergone surgery allows one to be a writer on ER.
  46. barthafan
    Mar 28, 2006
    Awesome funny! I loved it - can't wait to get to know all the characters. I love Justin and Sarah's chemistry they are so cute together!
  47. AMYN
    Mar 28, 2006
    Sara Shahi is hilarious, She is an outstanding actress. She will carry this show.
  48. stacyp
    Mar 27, 2006
    I saw a preview of this and LOved it! It's funny, smart and reminds me a little of Cheers set in aschool. The charcters are all really funny and there's a really touching scene at the end of the show. Definitely watching next week!!

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The U.S. version of "Teachers" has lost much of its grit and feels thuddingly conventional.
  2. Bad? It's a leech on your soul. Never have 22 minutes so felt like 44 minutes.
  3. It has potential.