6.2

1. Jul 23, 2013
    Luckily some of the tunes in "Teen Beach Movie" work nicely, but it certainly has issues with its actors portraying realistic-like roles. With its "High School Musical" like genre, the film has certainly a bunch of musical numbers, and although they might not reach the heights of the level that "High School Musical" could, the songs are at least better than most, although it sounds very auto-tuned. Also, the movie is in fact better done than I expected, as the film at least tried to convey a message, though not entirely. With this in mind, "Teen Beach Movie" is a good film for your kids, and will at least get a tune stuck in the minds of adults, but will sometimes feel horribly acted and a lot cliche. Expand
  2. Aug 4, 2013
    Not a bad Disney channel original movie, more like decent. It follows the trend set by the likes High School Musical and Camp Rock by being a musical. The actual music numbers aren't bad but after a while I just lost interest, and that can be said about the movie as a whole. The overall plot is nice and has a sweet tone, and there are a few chuckle worthy moments throughout, but that won't help keep older viewers entertained. Kids will love it though. Everything about the movie is decent at best right down to the acting. Ross Lynch and Maia Mitchell are likable enough leads, but the latter has trouble maintaining and American accent, occasionally letting her British accent slip through. The more emotional moments are when the acting takes a slight dip in quality. I can't really hate on this too much considering it's aimed at kids, but I can't really bring myself to say that it's a good movie, because in my book it's more of an ok movie. Expand
  3. Aug 3, 2013
    Plot-4: The core of the plot deserves a 10, but the plot is played out so poorly and cheesily that i have to knock it down to a 4.
    Music-2: One of the worst musicals to ever exist, the songs were based of the 60's and the target audience was born in the 00's. Not to mention the songs were just overly long and annoying and I couldn't wait until they were over.
    Epicness-2: It seems like
    the tried to make everything as chessy as possible. It's hard to describe, but you don't want to see it
    Fun-1: From bad songs, to poorly played out plot to cheesiness, the only fun you could get out of it is laughing at how bad it is, terrible, terrible experience!
  4. Oct 25, 2013
    Never mind the fact that Teen Beach Movie is a movie and not a TV show (so it wouldn't have "Season 1" like it says above and would be in the movie section) but it was kinda stupid. I mean, how is it even possible to enter a movie through a wave? Did they somehow enter some kind of alternate dimension or reality? OK for a Disney Channel movie (in which cheesiness and cliched lines are expected) but it could have been better. However, I'm sure that it will please most of its younger audience, as they probably don't care about all the plot holes.

If you like this review, read my other ones on a wide selection of movies and TV shows and mark this review as helpful.
  5. Aug 27, 2014
    Teen Beach Movie es una película que, por desgracia, deja mucho que desear, ya que al principio quizá luzca que va a ser una película sencilla y contemporánea, pero ya al final se pierde en algún lugar y eso hace que la historia se eclipse en una gran parte.

La película hubiera podido ser mejor, pero su final es patético y su trama se va perdiendo, aunque se pueden salvar algunas cosas
    como las canciones que cantan de vez en cuando, que son un tanto pegadizas y también porque hay partes en el film que lo rescatan en algunas ocasiones. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Jul 18, 2013
    A perilously high-concept but intermittently pleasurable concoction that goes back to the future in several ways.
  2. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Jul 18, 2013
    Further criticism would be like taking a Slurpee to task for tasting too sweet. And in spite of my pasty self, there’s something I liked about all the relentless mugging and frugging.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jul 18, 2013
    The songs, while hummable, aren't all that memorable, but the jokes about surf movies are amusing, although sure to be lost on the film's target audience.