Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.3

1. Nov 25, 2012
    I grew up in the 80s and 90s, I bought the toys, watched the movies, and ate the pizza, not since I was a kid has the Turtles captured my imagination, the folks at Nickelodeon has really done their homework and made something special, I can not suggest tuning in with your own little ones enough... TURTLE POWER!!
  2. Nov 12, 2012
    As a 27 year old male this show brings back a fantastic nostalgia of my childhood. The show retains much of it's original qualities, improves in other areas and 1 only have one complaint, Mikey's mask tails are too short, a guy like Mikey if anything would be the one with the long mask tails, so that's ass backwards but they really have done an amazing job. I find myself even chucklingAs a 27 year old male this show brings back a fantastic nostalgia of my childhood. The show retains much of it's original qualities, improves in other areas and 1 only have one complaint, Mikey's mask tails are too short, a guy like Mikey if anything would be the one with the long mask tails, so that's ass backwards but they really have done an amazing job. I find myself even chuckling at the show quite often, almost as if they knew people my age would tune in lol, it has great humor, it's a bit tougher even but I am hoping it gets a bit more rugged, it doesn't have to be much tougher since children will be watching it, but I think it could be pulled off; the acting is great the visuals are mind blowing. I do sincerely hope they change Mikey's mask tails since he was and is always gonna be my favorite; this is a highly recommended show. Expand
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    As a long time fan of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, this show impressed me. It's great to have a show filled with comedy, action, and characters we can enjoy. I've seen fans of the classic toon enjoy this show more than the 2003 series. And met a 2 year old totally into the series. A total plus for new and old fans! Highly recommend!
  4. Mar 13, 2013
    I'm in my late 20's and was a fan of the original show. This version is absolutely amazing! They really did a fantastic job at pleasing the old fans but making sure the main priority was simply a great show to watch. It is fun and does not have that procedural feel many Saturday morning cartoon shows (even the decent ones) have. The voice acting is awesome. The pacing, dialogue, humor,I'm in my late 20's and was a fan of the original show. This version is absolutely amazing! They really did a fantastic job at pleasing the old fans but making sure the main priority was simply a great show to watch. It is fun and does not have that procedural feel many Saturday morning cartoon shows (even the decent ones) have. The voice acting is awesome. The pacing, dialogue, humor, all wonderfully done. It's intelligently written and genuinely funny. The cross focus on character development (significantly more characterization) and story, as well as the action and humor is superbly balanced, and is (what I think) what makes the show so fun to watch. It also has substance in it, but manages to do that without having to resort to cheesy cliches. I'm really amazed and happy with what they did with this series. Many reboots of 80's shows fail. This one has taken everything good from the previous incarnations and embellished it all with the most tasteful creative decisions; breathing new life into a worthy franchise. Expand
  5. Aug 9, 2013
    I really like this show its a predecessor to my original favorites of the tv show from 2003 but the movie was a big disappointment. This show gets everything right the story is the same as always and its different actors prizing their roles as the turtle. I thing I have a big issue with is that I miss the old actors the people were way different. I even watch the movie event that came out.
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    Let me say that this series has totally got me back into TMNT. I'm 32 years old, and the cartoon when I was a 9-10 years old was one of my favorite things ever.. Then the live action movie came out. Then the sequel. Then the horrible time-travel sequel, and I really lost interest, and kind of grew up.

I tried to give the 2003 cartoon a watch, and the live action tv show they had, but both were atrocious in my opinion.. They tried to give each turtle a Razor Scooter, or something stupid like that. (I thought they skateboarded?)

The 2007 TMNT move was pretty solid though, imo.

Enter the 2012 series. It's nothing but brilliant. The writing is intelligent enough for older viewers without being inappropriate for younger viewers. The series has awesomely animated fighting scenes, and some of the best CG animation on TV ever. The voice cast is excellent, and does a terrific job of really giving each turtle his own identity.

This show really hit the nostalgia button hard with me. I turned it on to almost see "how they screwed up the turtles THIS time" and got stuck on a 3 hour marathon on Nickeloden.
  7. Mar 2, 2015
    I love this even more than the 2003 show! It's not too overly serious (like 2003) or too overly silly, either (like 1987). It's the perfect mix of humour and action!
  8. Jul 22, 2014
    Great show. Very accessible to all ages.
    It's on Nickelodeon and clearly made for kids, but the pacing is great and the humor is fantastic.
    Love how the logo is a homage to the original comics.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Oct 3, 2012
    They almost seem to jump off the screen; they have depth and dimension, and vivid colors proliferate. This new series retains its trademark humor, and trademark violence, too
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's loud, silly, rambunctious -- in short, just what most 9-year-old boys were born to like.