• Network: HBO
Season #: 1, 2
6.0

1. SA.
    Oct 8, 2007
    Well written, honest and frank. Maybe critics and audiences are not receptive because it reflects in their own lives their own problems. Shows like this are meant to stimulate and engage the audience and it succeeds! Good job HBO... another winner in the likes of "Six Feet Under."
  2. HannahF.
    Sep 10, 2007
    A great window into intimacy and relationships.
  3. gordonw.
    Oct 1, 2007
    A refreshingly honest show; deals with problems that many couples face at one time or another in their relationship.
  4. Kate
    Oct 18, 2007
    A brutally honest look at relationships. I've become genuinely engrossed in the characters, despite their self absorption. The masturbation scenes I can do without.
  5. Diane
    Sep 10, 2007
    excellent!!!
    Sep 12, 2007
    Such a compelling show, can't wait to see what will happen next
  7. EmilyP.
    Sep 21, 2007
    Yes, the show can be upsetting, but that's part of why it's so good. The characters have many layers, and cannot be easily defined. That's hard to come by on most shows these days. It's refreshing. I love how real the show is and I feel like I'm going through therapy with them. They do a great job of showing the many levels of relationships and how they can be so Yes, the show can be upsetting, but that's part of why it's so good. The characters have many layers, and cannot be easily defined. That's hard to come by on most shows these days. It's refreshing. I love how real the show is and I feel like I'm going through therapy with them. They do a great job of showing the many levels of relationships and how they can be so painful and so wonderful at the same time. Expand
  8. JamieN.
    May 5, 2008
    This show isn't for everyone, but I feel its realistic look at relationships in trouble is worth a look or two for anyone. Its mostly going to appeal to girls, because its a show about emotion, not just sex. Oooo, feelings. Thats a tough one.
  9. Jaleesa
    Nov 5, 2007
    Honest. Raw. Beautiful.
  10. KK
    Sep 15, 2007
    This is a show about how couples use sex to avoid confronting real relationship issues. The sex and nudity is there to illustrate this point, not to support any romantic story arc. If you want romance, go somewhere else. TMYLM is graphic and uncomfortable to watch at times, but interesting.
  11. MikeA
    Sep 26, 2007
    I am hooked! This show is flawed and much of what has been said about its flaws is true. That said, I look forward to each episode. A smart, neurotic guilty pleasure.
  12. David
    Nov 15, 2007
    Excellent excellent excellent. The characters are not unlikable - they are real. There is real pain and real joy and real closeness and real, unbreachable distance. Compare this to Brothers and Sisters, which despite the genius of Sally Field and Calista Flockhart (and all of them), offers us characters who are among the most unpleasant, angry, selfish, bitter, pathologically narcissistic Excellent excellent excellent. The characters are not unlikable - they are real. There is real pain and real joy and real closeness and real, unbreachable distance. Compare this to Brothers and Sisters, which despite the genius of Sally Field and Calista Flockhart (and all of them), offers us characters who are among the most unpleasant, angry, selfish, bitter, pathologically narcissistic denizens of hell's bottom level whose sole joy is to visit suffering on every other living creature within the camera's range. "Tell Me" is the real deal. Expand
  13. Dec 17, 2010
    I don't understand why this show got such low ratings. I am a young man, never married, but still loved this show. The acting is the most incredible I have seen in any TV show (and few movies top the acting). The issues are interesting and every person in a long term relationship will identify with. The ending might have been a bit too cliche; could have ended more realisticly... butI don't understand why this show got such low ratings. I am a young man, never married, but still loved this show. The acting is the most incredible I have seen in any TV show (and few movies top the acting). The issues are interesting and every person in a long term relationship will identify with. The ending might have been a bit too cliche; could have ended more realisticly... but that's besides the point. Expand

1. Tell Me is an incisive drama, but it's not an easy commitment.
    Yes, [the sex is] all very realistic, but not very hot, thanks to the fact that these are grouchy, humorless people whom we'd rather see hitting each other in the head with two-by-fours.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    In short, if you come for the sex, you'll only stay for the characters, and those represent an intriguing but decidedly mixed bag.