• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 13, 2008
Season #: 1, 2
8.3

1. Jan 28, 2011
    Long-time terminator fan here. I thought the shows were engaging and action packed! Characters are true to the movies, and the additional story in between the movies is definitely welcomed.
  2. DannyM.
    May 10, 2009
    Tim Goodman is an absolute fraud who would rate Michael Phelps a bad swimmer simply because Goodman wants to make a name for himself. Dont listen to his tripe. TSCC is one the best sci-fi series in recent memory. If you want to fall in love with a show then give this a chance. Its superb.
  3. JaredB.
    Jan 20, 2008
    Surprisingly tight and well-acted. Lena Headey is compelling in the role made famous by Linda Hamilton. During my viewing of the first two episodes, I kept thinking that this was what I had hoped Bionic Woman would be more like. It is honest, authentic and human despite being a story about apocolyptic futures. It never falls too far into the sugary sweet family relationship that BW does.
  4. SusanL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Great effects, characters and premise. Summer Glau is amazing as the robot trying to make sense of humanity. It could use a dose of well written humour, though.
  5. EspenS
    Mar 3, 2008
    Great show! Some problems with the story and the actors in the first two episodes, but now after 7 episodes both the story and the actors has found their roles. Can't wait for more :D
  6. MasJ.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Awesome show !!! A great action show that is well written and has interesting characters. Summer is so good at delivering funny lines with a straight face. What a gem this show is among the tired cycle of reality TV, crime solving shows and boring dramas. I hope it has many seasons ahead.
  7. ShawnR.
    Mar 4, 2008
    i hate time travel in movies and TV. when i 1st heard about this show, i thought to myself...'oh gosh, here we go with another pretentious and lackluster show'. even when the show started i was watching and the eye rolling started, somewhere along the line, it picked up and caught my attention. that pick up was Summer Glau's entrance. what the show does is provide an i hate time travel in movies and TV. when i 1st heard about this show, i thought to myself...'oh gosh, here we go with another pretentious and lackluster show'. even when the show started i was watching and the eye rolling started, somewhere along the line, it picked up and caught my attention. that pick up was Summer Glau's entrance. what the show does is provide an interesting look into the terminator genre and timeline. these glimpses, conceptually are stimulating in execution, they lose a bit of shine but played nicely nonetheless, for the most part. the weakness of the show are, in my mind, Sarah Connor and her son john. the supporting characters have been far more interesting with their story arcs...the FBI agent, cromartie, even the paramedic, and Derek Reese. i hope to see more of this and watch the story line develop. Expand
  8. ASH
    Jan 15, 2008
    I liked it! At first, I was expecting somewhat low budget production values , bad storylines and casting choices right from the WB stable of actors. You know...kind of like Beverly Hills 90210 vs. Terminators. There was none of that in this show. It definitely has a high budget and a pretty decent story so far and really does nail the overall feeling of the Terminator movies. Can't I liked it! At first, I was expecting somewhat low budget production values , bad storylines and casting choices right from the WB stable of actors. You know...kind of like Beverly Hills 90210 vs. Terminators. There was none of that in this show. It definitely has a high budget and a pretty decent story so far and really does nail the overall feeling of the Terminator movies. Can't say I agree with the casting choice of the woman who plays Sarah Connor. She's definitely no Linda Hamilton. And Summer Glau as the friendly Terminator...Wow! That is one fine lookin' woman! If I were John Connor, it'd be hard...I mean difficult...to not lust after her every second. I'd be torn between wanting to get with her and knowing that underneath, she's a cyborg killing machine. I would definitely recommend this show. Expand
  9. RobbieG.
    Jan 16, 2008
    Surprisingly good.. The question is: can they keep it up for more episodes?
  10. TomO.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Will this be more than just chases and robot fights? I like Summer Glau's work, and the reprise of her Serenity role is welcome. Her robot character curious about human eccentricities is mining the same vein as Commander Data and Seven of Nine, but I still think it's interesting even if it isn't fully original. One-liners ("You get all the guns, I'll make pancakes.") Will this be more than just chases and robot fights? I like Summer Glau's work, and the reprise of her Serenity role is welcome. Her robot character curious about human eccentricities is mining the same vein as Commander Data and Seven of Nine, but I still think it's interesting even if it isn't fully original. One-liners ("You get all the guns, I'll make pancakes.") keep me listening to the dialog more carefully. I'll leave this on my TiVo season subscription, at least for the time being. Expand
  11. OnticT.
    Feb 5, 2008
    Great show, a must keep. Hope they don't cancel this one.
  12. MikeH
    Feb 7, 2008
    Since I barely remember the Terminator movies, I'm judging this solely on its own merits. It works. The FBI sub-plot is the main weak link. There is a lot of room for character growth, which is why they've started with an immature John Connor and a robot with a learning curve. An all-action-all-the-time series would pall quickly, but this has great potential.
  13. Dorian
    Feb 9, 2008
    What a let down. As others have pointed out, this series feels like a series of one-act plays commonly found in an off-Broadway production. While Gabriel Byrne is fine (as always), the other characters, err, "patients" are, for the most part, tedious, self-absorbed and unlikable, while the dialogue comes off as stagy and forced, a death knell for a show that is nothing BUT talk. In fact, What a let down. As others have pointed out, this series feels like a series of one-act plays commonly found in an off-Broadway production. While Gabriel Byrne is fine (as always), the other characters, err, "patients" are, for the most part, tedious, self-absorbed and unlikable, while the dialogue comes off as stagy and forced, a death knell for a show that is nothing BUT talk. In fact, the whole thing just comes off as inauthentic, gimmicky and self-important, more an exercise in "duo" acting, than anything else. No doubt, the melodrama will appeal to soap-opera fans, as well as therapists who have been DYING for a show to portray them as they imagine themselves to be: unsung heroes who are too often ridiculed, misunderstood or not appreciated by the world at large. However, judging by this shows portrayal, it seems that being a therapist is synonymous with being an emotional receptacle for histrionic narcissists; I, for one, see this show as doing no favors for the profession. Expand
  14. weiweiL
    May 20, 2008
    Very good show. better than most shows on TV right now.
  15. R.
    Mar 21, 2009
    Best drama on television. Great writing and acting. Last night's episode; "Today is the Day Part 2" was the best one yet.
  16. TonyB.
    Surprisingly intelligent sci-fi
  17. EricE.
    Jan 18, 2008
    I liked the first two episodes. I am not really sure about Headey as Sarah Conner. I just don't see that determination and toughness in her that I saw in Linda Hamilton. This is certainly going to go on my to watch list and hope that Fox doesn't cancel it like they do with all Sci-Fi shows.
  18. DaveS
    Feb 19, 2008
    Subtle acting and scripting is not what you expect when you turn on the TV for prime-time SciFi, but it's exactly what you get from this show. Complaints about the characters being "flat" are unfounded. These are actors who, while not delivering Oscar-worthy performances, are playing their parts nearly perfectly. If you want the hysterical giddiness of Buffy, well those are out on Subtle acting and scripting is not what you expect when you turn on the TV for prime-time SciFi, but it's exactly what you get from this show. Complaints about the characters being "flat" are unfounded. These are actors who, while not delivering Oscar-worthy performances, are playing their parts nearly perfectly. If you want the hysterical giddiness of Buffy, well those are out on DVD. This show is about thoughtful science fiction: the examination of what one reviewer called "adolescent exceptionalism"; time travel; a mother's love. Most interesting, however, is the push and pull between John Connor and the Glau-minator, as the first is hardened to the realities of a possible, brutal future and the latter is softened to daily life with the Connors. There are plenty of one liners for the proles and lots of explosions for the More Cowbell set, but underneath is a show that is smart and confident. Expand
  19. michaelT
    Feb 20, 2008
    After watching the first show i was pretty much hooked . The acting is very good , story lines keep you wanting more , and the special effects are good . What is also nice is how they use references to the terminator movies ( i am talking about the first 2 ) and expand on it into the story of the show . Again , thats credit to great writing team . Lets hope they can keep this up and its After watching the first show i was pretty much hooked . The acting is very good , story lines keep you wanting more , and the special effects are good . What is also nice is how they use references to the terminator movies ( i am talking about the first 2 ) and expand on it into the story of the show . Again , thats credit to great writing team . Lets hope they can keep this up and its on for a while . I find you can always tell you like a show , when you cant wait till the next week when it continues . Expand
  20. VanC.
    Feb 23, 2008
    Sci-fi and action mixed together, with great acting and editing starting to happen. this show is a leader!
  21. TheSwami
    Feb 24, 2008
    A good, solid entry into the action genre. If you like the Terminator movies, it goes without saying you'll probably like this. My only complaint is the issue that the plot of this series somewhat ignores the plot outline from the third Terminator movie. That being said, it is still more than worth watching, and certainly better than 99% of the reality show garbage on TV today.
  22. AdamW.
    Feb 26, 2008
    While it's not the best right now, the show still needs a little time to come on to its own. It's still pretty good so far. I was a little bored during the 1st episode but the action's picked up and so has the plot since. You should give it a try before condemning it or liking it.
  23. JimV.
    Feb 27, 2008
    The series started off slow, which turned out to be a good thing as the series continued on. The plot thickens each week, and more characters arise giving a good dimension and nice sub-plots to the whole story before Judgment Day. All in all, as the story moves forward, the intrigue and guessing "what's next", keeps the upcoming episodes on my list as 'must see', and The series started off slow, which turned out to be a good thing as the series continued on. The plot thickens each week, and more characters arise giving a good dimension and nice sub-plots to the whole story before Judgment Day. All in all, as the story moves forward, the intrigue and guessing "what's next", keeps the upcoming episodes on my list as 'must see', and hopefully nothing will spoil its flavor. Expand
  24. LayneD.
    Aug 20, 2008
    No show is perfect, so I can't give this a 10, but it comes really close for me. Gritty, raw, faithful to the Terminator storyline but with just enough creative license to keep it fresh and interesting. It's the one I look forward to every week.
  25. davids
    Mar 28, 2009
    I love this show. I have never been the type of person that watches a television show religiously, but now I count down the days until this show is back on. My wife and kids are now the same way. I don't understand how the ratings on such a great show can be so low. Everyone I know watches this show, and I would feel like I lost a friend if it was taken off the air.
  26. BenI.
    Jan 15, 2008
    One of my favorite franchises hits TV with a bang! I love Lena as Sarah Connor and Summer Glau makes a great terminatrix.
  27. EmmanuelB.
    Nov 6, 2008
    Probably the best show on TV today ! Great story, characters and actors.... I was very septic before I saw it, and now, I can't wait to see the next episodes.
  28. HenryN.
    Jan 16, 2008
    This show so far is doing a great job in filling in the gap between T-2 and T-3. So far Chapters 1 & 2 were awesome! It's always great to see Summer Glau. It is annoying though that teen-John has to be so whiny--it's overused even though these days it's not too different from the teens I see on the bus on the commute to/from work/home. I'd rather see the teen-John be This show so far is doing a great job in filling in the gap between T-2 and T-3. So far Chapters 1 & 2 were awesome! It's always great to see Summer Glau. It is annoying though that teen-John has to be so whiny--it's overused even though these days it's not too different from the teens I see on the bus on the commute to/from work/home. I'd rather see the teen-John be one of those rare teens who has to move beyond his years--sort of like Sophia in Kid Nation. Expand
  29. KevinR.
    Jan 16, 2008
    Great serial TV takes at least a few eps to show its potential, but fans of both character drama and SF action have every reason to be hopeful about this show, with it's grounding in James Cameron's excellent mythos and eponymous character, and its handling by showrunner Josh Freidman (not to mention Director David Nutter and SFX Supervisor Jim Lima)
  30. StevenD.
    Jan 17, 2008
    A very good extension of the Terminator franchise, although I doI think Joss Whedon made more effective use of Summer Glau's dance skills and athletic ability than the first two episodes of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Overall, however, a solid and promising effort
    Jan 18, 2008
    At first i didn't see that this series would be a hit. But after seeing the first episode i can't wait to see more. I love the special effects.
  32. SeanK.
    Jan 19, 2008
    Enjoyable enough - my girlfriend's favorite part is the kick-ass strong women (Sarah, esp.) Although it is nice to see River (Summer Glau) reprising her own kick-ass role again.
  33. itdontmatter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Very, very good so far...it has a direction and storylines is progressing well.
  34. TeresaD
    Dec 28, 2008
    Simply an incredible show. Ignore the drunken ramblings of that idiot Tim Goodman...the cast are exceptional. Especially Summer Glau. Watch it.
  35. BlakK.
    Jan 23, 2008
    This turned out to be much better than I expected. When I saw the commercials for this, I thought it was a flop waiting to happen. They've actually managed to put a little suspense and excitement into the series. I'm looking forward to watching more new episodes.
  36. BillG.
    Feb 13, 2008
    I have been very impressed with this new TV series. Not only are the action sequences some of the best I've seen on TV, but the characters are compelling as well. The pace has slowed down a bit from the beginning, but now the character development has been kicking in. The main protagonists are coming into their own and I'm really starting to care about what happens to them. The I have been very impressed with this new TV series. Not only are the action sequences some of the best I've seen on TV, but the characters are compelling as well. The pace has slowed down a bit from the beginning, but now the character development has been kicking in. The main protagonists are coming into their own and I'm really starting to care about what happens to them. The reason I'm giving this a 9 is because I look forward to this show more than any other series each and every week now. Expand
  37. SteveR.
    Feb 18, 2008
    Best show on TV. Period.
  38. JohnM
    Mar 14, 2008
    Love the show. Would have given it a 10 but the filming is so dark that I have to always adjust my tv to see it. Summer Glau is so good at this role and is very good as a robot finding life. She was also great on Firefly. (Actually, she's the reason I started watching but the show hooked me).
  39. Oct 11, 2010
    Another TV series axed for no good reason except to treat us fans with contempt by the networks. And of cause it turns out to be another one that I enjoyed watching. Uhmmmmm.
  40. Dec 26, 2010
    Brilliant writing and acting. Summer Glau is the star to me but Brian Austin Green deserves some credit as well. The show is quite different from the movies but equally as good in my opinion.
  41. Mar 26, 2013
    Its different, i know that. If you are expecting an exact same replica of Terminator 2 then you are in the wrong place. It focuses less on action and more of the emotional side of the whole ordeal, I'm not saying that it hasn't got action in it because it has plenty! The action scenes don't follow too much on James Cameron's massive flamy explosions and focus more on Terminator vsIts different, i know that. If you are expecting an exact same replica of Terminator 2 then you are in the wrong place. It focuses less on action and more of the emotional side of the whole ordeal, I'm not saying that it hasn't got action in it because it has plenty! The action scenes don't follow too much on James Cameron's massive flamy explosions and focus more on Terminator vs Terminator melee fighting and on the guns, but unfortunately doesn't quite live up to the state of the art visuals of T2, mostly because of the budget constraints... the visuals mainly suffered when it showed full CGI endoskeletons or when it showed people shooting lasers at HKs or just in general really. Even though the characters are different to the originals, I reckon the actors bring on a new side of them. Some acting that I would have nag about is that of the Terminators that are sent back, they just don't get it. I mean some of them are actually really good (e.g Garret Dillahunt as Cromatrie/John Henry, Summer Glau as Cameron and the machine from Sarah's dream in the pilot episode: Aaron Cash.) Others just can't do it, I know they're robots but when they walk and talk they aren't completely robotic, some of the people just presume that their movements are stiff and limited but they can actually move quite freely (like humans). So overall this show brings a lot of warmth and humanises the Terminator franachise Expand

The Sarah Connor Chronicles" begins as an intense, thoughtful, exciting, fun spectacle. The first episode will kick your ass.
  2. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    Humans vs. cyborgs in a movie spin-off that's surprisingly effective for fans of both action and character drama.
  3. Some die-hards may be frustrated by inconsistencies in the timeline with "Terminator 3," but unless you get overly wrapped up in the details of time travel, tonight's pilot is an intense adventure.