• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2011
  • Season #: 1
6.0

1. Apr 10, 2012
    There's more to Terra Nova than meets the eye. A subtlely charming and enjoyable cast mixed with a cool new world that almost any age can appreciate and take part in is a rarity these days. Although it has been put on hold after one season, there's reason to bring this back. The only argument is whether they should try and keep the polish with so much post-production work or move to a more grit film style to breath more urgency into each episode. If this show gets another opportunity, it could easily grow into a mainstay series for several seasons. Expand
  2. May 10, 2012
    Terra Nova had great writing great consistent character and a crazy amazing plot line! It was one of the few tv shows that really showed how a tv show can be produced well and seem like a movie through the whole series.
  3. Jul 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where to begin with Terra Nova?
    I had hopes that it would be good, that for once a show that wants to push the envelope wouldn't suck as badly as this did. But I was sadly wrong, from the moment go I felt that familiar old tickle at the back of my neck that signals the big screw up in character writing-which for me usually destroys whatever I watch/read/listen to-in the character of Josh. I've got no problems with Landon Liboiron, the guy can act good, its just he was given a complete douche to act as ad it ruined the enjoyment of what is genuinely an interesting-if highly overused-premise.
    The story, well that ended up as very boring and flat, with only the Shannon family to allow soe tension.
  4. Sep 23, 2012
    I was highly anticipating Tera Nova. Unfortunately, it fails to live up to the hype achieved by other action themed live action TV shows like "The Walking Dead". It was a good show while it lasted, but mainly, I just wanted to see more dinosaurs. I wanted something like "Jurassic Park" or "Walking with Dinosaurs" where there were dinosaurs wherever. It was still an okay show, it it needed work.
  5. Jan 10, 2013
    This TV show is a think a bit OK....though it needs a polish in the editing and the Computer Graphics. The good is that the story is easy to follow but hard to understand. Just a change in CG and the voicing will make Season 2 better.
  6. Feb 7, 2013
    Seeing as the premise for this show involved people travelling back in time to the age of the dinosaurs I wasn’t exactly expecting a drama series with the emotional depth of something like Breaking Bad or Mad Men. What I was expecting however was to be entertained (Spielberg was responsible for Jurassic Park after all!) unfortunately, despite all the pre-pilot hype, Terra Nova fails on almost every count. The much hyped special effects are almost laughable in places and are still leagues behind modern day big budget movies, or the 15 year old Jurassic Park for that matter, and the action sequences lack any tension or sense of danger. Add to this the fact that the characters are so clichéd, the dialogue so cheesy and the plotlines so incredibly dull that it is impossible to even begin to care about their plight and you have an example of what happens when TV goes wrong. Fortunately thanks to rapidly declining viewers in the US a second season now looks unlikely. Expand
  7. May 16, 2013
    I missed this show when it first ran because I took a trip to the US but now that I've seen it I know I didn't miss too much. It started out OK but never really went anywhere, and even though it ended well it was left open for the second season that never came. I also didn't like the fact that the dinosaurs were pretty much irrelevant. Overall a decent show but nothing worth going out of the way to watch. Collapse
  8. Jul 7, 2014
    A show that started somewhat good turned to crap later in the season. Horrible acting, dialogue, and plot lines made this series a complete dud. Glad it was cancelled.
  9. Jul 9, 2014
    An interesting concept on the whole with some nice special effects and a decent story, but I can't help but feel that dinosaurs don't really go well on a TV series rather than a full-on film.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Sep 28, 2011
    Nothing in this pilot is as compelling as the idea for the show, which begs philosophical and ethical questions that Spielberg and company (for now, at least) aren't interested in addressing.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Sep 27, 2011
    Even with Steven Spielberg listed among the executive producers, this distant world doesn't inspire much awe. [3 Oct 2011, p.45]
  3. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Sep 26, 2011
    The slowdown of the show's pace is one thing, but the real issue here is that the family element often feels inauthentic and just isn't up to the quality of the CGI-fueled action sequences.