• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2011
  • Season #: 1
6.0

1. Dec 20, 2011
    I really had to challenge myself to finish watching the season. This show is: 10% Jurassic Park, 45% The Waltons, 45% scripts, poor ideas and cheesy dialogue from the lesser Star Trek shows (Deep Space Nine/Voyager/Enterprise). Exactly 10% of the show works. It's not the 1990's anymore, much less the 1960's. Battlestar Galactica set a high bar for modern scifi: Intelligent and gritty, great action, with realistic human drama at the center. You simply can't go back to the old formulas now. If Fox orders another season of this show without trimming all the fat, I guarantee I will not watch it. Expand
  2. Sep 27, 2011
    One can see the same crap on the sci-fi channel with better cheesy effects and the same stupid plot points! Is Spielberg afraid to show a man-eating dino killed by humans? Peter Jackson and James Cameron are better fantasy directors and producers! I'll try to stick with it, although it could get as boring and soap opera laden as Falling Skies!
  3. Sep 28, 2011
    craptastic. this is no battlestar galactica. this is no lost. or whatever reference or hope they had. silly acting and plot. amateurish special effects (if you can even call them that). not suprised, but disappointed.
  4. Oct 13, 2011
    If Starship Troopers and Jurassic Park got together this is the lovechild it would produce. Oh yeah, did I mention the two were blood relatives?

The premise itself is somewhat interesting but the movie fails to execute on every level; writing, dialog special effects, acting, character development.
  5. Dec 12, 2011
    I had my hopes up for this one but it really lacks any substance. This show isn't sure if it wants to be a family show or an adult drama but flails awkwardly in the middle. Poor writing and highly episodic content with very little to hook the viewer align perfectly with crude direction to result in trite disaster. As is often the case in new shows, it can take a while for the characters to gel. I doubt we'll ever see any cohesion from the characters in this show. Destined to a single season I'm afraid. Expand
  6. Sep 28, 2011
    The first episode was simply boring. There was nothing new about it. The actors were bland, storyline pointless and very little mystery to it. I wasn't even blown away with the special effects. The most intense parts of the show didn't engage me. I couldn't care less about who lived or died. I'm not sure how much longer I could watch a show like this.
  7. Oct 17, 2011
    Update to the first watch review. I have given up on this dreck. It was so promising, so many cool ideas. All of it wasted by terrible acting and terrible writing. The characters are all one dimensional, the actors don't look like they have the talent to pull of even one dimension of acting. Stephen Lang is wasted since they dumbed down his Quarittch character. The show itself seems like it went into shooting only a week after they pitched the concept with no though put into the actual story. Seriously the organizational chart on this show could've been made by a 5 year old. The effects are crap as is the art deco. Their is nothing good here except the concept. Don't waste your time on this. You want a show from Speilberg go watch Falling Skies. Expand
  8. Oct 2, 2011
    Somehow a show about dystopian future-world politics, time travel and dinosaurs manages to insult my intelligence. Every once in a while there is an educational moment, but it comes from Steve Erkel character that every proceeds to roll their eyes at. I honestly find Storage Wars more intelligent than this show. They have to know this is going to be cancelled, they could at least have made it watchable for the few episodes it will be on the air. Expand
  9. Oct 14, 2011
    The writing on this show is horrendous. I cannot stand the interaction between the characters. Nothing seems natural between them, it all seems forced. The casting is also a little off. If shows are trying to be like lost they need to realize that all characters do not need to be chiseled, beautiful models. Won't be checking this out again.
  10. Oct 25, 2011
    Pilot was weak, next episode was weaker and 5th episode into the season I'm starting to feel, that even special effects won't keep me from doing something else next time. For a serie this expensive, a remarkable failure.
  11. Nov 1, 2011
    Poor special effects, you watch jurassic park then come to this and you will see the difference. Poor plot. Very predictable. Amnesia episode this early in the season?! are the writers struggling for ideas? whats next, a singing episode? annoying characters, cant stand the emo kid. Why did he hate his dad again? because he stuck up for his little sister? that makes no sense! basically go watch walking dead instead. That has characters you actually care for. Expand
  12. Nov 17, 2011
    The pilot was alright...ish...then the following episodes were so boring. I honestly don't care about the creatures of Pandora or wherever the hell they. I understand they're mean and vicious, they're dinosaurs. Geez mankind's last hope for survival wasted on father/son issues and a generic nerdy girl who's awkward about dating. I thought it'd be like Battlestar Galactica meets Jurassic Park. Lolol, no. Expand
  13. Jan 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The premise seems good, as well as the special effects. That is all that seems good with Terra Nova. Bad and cheesy acting, Unmemorable characters and god, the very, very bad writing!

How were the angsty teenage kids able to sneak outside the gates when, apparently, a security camera has been focused on their exit point all along? Not to mention that they were even able to sneak out with a vehicle which the adults only accounted for when the plot demands it!
  14. Sep 26, 2011
    This is another disappointing show this season. I love dinosaurs and I love a hokey story but this is
    sterile. The characters are unlikeable - a cop that thumbs his nose at authority by having a third child? and then fails to protect the child? he is going to be the hero? doctor mom loves the hothead? what?

The dinosaurs are just like in Jurassic Park- they do not have reality apart
    from the humans. Boring, boring, boring. Expand
  15. Sep 26, 2011
    A 65 average critic score for this debacle of a show? Are you serious? I just wasted 2 hours of my life that I can't get back. I was hoping for way more of a sci-fi/adventure type story but this ended up being a soap opera in the prehistoric days. Awful, really really awful. Do not waste your time with this show as it will be canceled during the first season.
  16. Sep 27, 2011
    You'd think that the reason Spielberg has waited so long to produce a TV series about dinosaurs is that he was waiting for technology to catch up so that creatures that live up the standards set by Spielberg's own Jurassic Park became affordable for a TV-budget.

Sadly, this is not true. Not a single dinosaur looked believable. I'm not even sure the series reached up to Walking with
    Dinosaurs when it comes to paleovisual believability. The dinosaurs simply don't move or behave in a convincing fashion, looking more like something taken out of the Attack of the Clones arena that the terrifying animals we saw in 1993.

Storywise? While there was a potential for "Lord of the Flies" with raptors, this is "Lost in the Cretaceous". It's a telling fact only the "bad" humans (shockingly characterized by a rugged appearance) actually get eaten, whole 5 teenagers who get cornered out in the forest by a pack of what is probably 500-kg predators survive with only flesh wounds and a minor leg fracture. I had a hard time deciding which of the main male characters is a more entitled douche. The father who decides to have a third child in a world dying from overpopulation, then assaults police officers and gets locked up leaving his family to fend for themselves? The clueless teenager who meets a cute girl on the first day, somehow instantly makes a lot of friends, and then decides to scamper off into the primeval jungle, predator-infested jungle to drink moonshine?

Bottom line? It's by all means watchable, but if you where expecting "Galactica" with dinosaurs, sorry.
  17. Sep 30, 2011
    It was simply boring; every minute and every move could be foreseen and nothing surprising happened. The opening double episode was full of cliches. Unfortunately, now I foresee a dumb Jurassic Park-themed series instead of a promising sci-fi story. Too bad!
  18. Oct 5, 2011
    So Spielberg! Very boring and politically correct, with a "Happy family" characters that was the sum of all stereotype in generalistic TVShow. Not to mention the lot of plot-hole and all the question that pops in your mind watching it (one for all: dad breaks from a maximum security prison and enter in another maximum security facility with no tool, no breather. And magically become the most bad-ass cop in the colony. Bah! Visual effect are simply embarassing. Another Falling Skies!! Expand
  19. Oct 6, 2011
    I thought that FOX could do it better. Having into the game such a director as Jon Cassar, they could do it better, but the script is horrible! We can advance everything that is going to happen. If the shows continues like this, is going to fall quick.
  20. Oct 8, 2011
    How could they spend so much money and create something so boring. Great opening and cool transition to T.N., and then wake me up when something happens besides a dreary family sitcom. Watched the 3rd episode, just in case, and the same mix of some action and mind-numbing camp life. It's a shame whoever created the show tried to appeal to such a wide variety of tastes that it just comes off bland. What a waste. Expand
  21. Oct 14, 2011
    It was actually so bad I was laughing half the time! Wow what a waste of time. The first four hours of this show prove it to be shallow in plot and quality. The characters are again American cliche in what appears to be a soap opera remake of Avatar. There is no reasoning behind any of it. I am sure it in no way does the book plot justice. I wonder what drugs Spielberg was on when he was producing this crap. It's funny to note, those that liked "lost" rate this show. In conclusion it is proof American television has lost touch with intelligent viewers. BBC documentaries or Blade Runner any day! Expand
  22. Oct 15, 2011
    One of the most important things for lending credibility to fictional characters is them them ask the questions and think the thoughts that normal human beings in their place would ask and think. The characters in Terra Nova fail doing so over and over again, leading to a cast made up mostly of zombies, staggering their way through badly written storywork. While the basic concepts of time travel, pollution and exodus are all potentially interesting, the execution is very bad. The Terra Nova colony is doomed to fail, because it's colonists have neither any frontier spirit, not much in the way of brains to make up for it.

Yet, sometimes when stories and acting are bad, at least the design, props and special effects make up for it a little bit. This is not the case here, unfortunately. The visual impression suggests that someone went through the concept art trashcans of Jurassic Park, Avatar, Earth 2 and Lost, then picked all the worst pieces he could find and copy them badly.

It is not a complete waste of time, but it is second to almost anything.
  23. Nov 12, 2011
    I'm watching this drama from Iran. Series is weak, the content and dull. I'm surprised that this series has been spending millions of dollars.Many series have been canceled. I do not know why this series is not canceled
  24. Nov 22, 2011
    Okay, so Stephen Spielberg can't do TV. That's okay. His CV is already pretty impressive. We'll just give him a pass on this mediocre tripe that's basically Falling Skies, only with dinosaurs instead of aliens. Where Falling Skies had "skitters", Terra Nova has "slashers". It falls prey to the same cheap serial TV tricks that Falling Skies did (too much CGI, generic music meandering in the background with little relevance to the action, lame plot devices) and focuses on much the same issues (survival of the human race, father/son stuff, boy/girl stuff). It had potential, but it's a flop. There are too many holes. The dinosaurs themselves are not featured enough, and when they are, they're just angry monsters, not complex zoological marvels. Nobody seems to mind that their new community is an autocracy. Nobody knows any body else, and although there can't be accommodation for more than 100 people, and there's never more than 20 people milling around the open-air "market", they all seem to be strangers to one another. Despite the dangers, teenagers live alone and regularly climb through the fence to jump off waterfalls and drink spurious jungle-brewed moonshine. Shelley Conn, the doctor, is a good character and a good actress, and I'm glad they're letting her use her own accent, but I don't understand how she (apparently a medical doctor) knows so much about virtually every aspect of modern and prehistoric science. Also, there seems to be a lack of nurses. She recently recruited a moonshine-abusing teenager to pull a 6 foot parasite out of a patient. Why? That teenager is the very annoying "Skye", who knows an awful lot about illicit activities, and runs around doing her own thing and flirting shamelessly with Josh who, frankly, could do better. Landon Liboiron is good as Josh, and Naomi Scott is equally good as his sister (although she and her wholesome boyfriend already behave like a married middle-aged couple). In fact, the whole Shannon family is well cast. I just wish they weren't subject to the same cliched issues as every family in every tv show ever (daughters dating, father and son conflict, baby sister in danger, mom and/or dad torn between work and family, mother's old boyfriend pulling strings to bring his old flame back from the future). Jason O'Mara is fantastic, and the best thing about this mostly lame production. I wish he had better stuff to work with, because he's very warm and watchable on screen. I just don't totally get what this show is about. The mood shifts constantly, and it's often just plain silly. As in the episode where Dr Shannon loses her memory, attempts at humour fall flat, it all descends into farce and just feels really uncool. I don't really get why or how they're trying to rescue humankind by going through a portal to a prehistoric world, and what they're actually trying to accomplish in this tiny village. What do they all do there, who makes the stuff they sell in the market, do they reproduce, why are there enough resources for a bar complete with shady barkeeper with a bad reputation? Who let him in and why? Where does he expect to hide? And what's the deal with these Sixers who frankly don't seem very scary or interesting?

Sorry, the show sucks.
  25. Dec 20, 2011
    This is by far one of the worst sci-fi shows I've seen in a while. Bad stories, hollow characters and rip-offs of much better sci-fi shows and movies are only the beginning of this shows problems. There is little to no character development, romance subplots that are on par with Twilight, villains with motivations so cliche (or unexplained) that it unbearable, moments that would've had emotional weight if it wasn't for the characters lack of development of personality.
    The story arc is insultingly moronic, and there are moments that are so stupid that it makes me just toss a grenade in Brannon Braga's living room.
    There is nothing to see here. If you want a dose of dino action then watch the Jurassic Park movies, if you want human vs. human conflict then watch Jericho, and if you want a time travel adventure then watch Doctor Who.
    DO NOT WATCH THIS!!!
  26. Jan 8, 2012
    From the acting; to the writing; to the direction and special effects; Terra Nova is a cesspool of dreck that does not succeed in any aspect. It's a thinly disguised family drama centering around a family of five as they try and cope with life in 'the new world'. Luring you in with its promise of sci-fi and dinosaurs, Terra Nova quickly makes it obvious that they have neither the budget nor inclination to provide anything of the sort. Expand
  27. Jan 27, 2012
    Terrible terrible terrible. But I give it points for what it could have been, sans the script written by what seems like the folks from ABC Family. And it could have been so much more.
  28. Feb 7, 2013
    Seeing as the premise for this show involved people travelling back in time to the age of the dinosaurs I wasn’t exactly expecting a drama series with the emotional depth of something like Breaking Bad or Mad Men. What I was expecting however was to be entertained (Spielberg was responsible for Jurassic Park after all!) unfortunately, despite all the pre-pilot hype, Terra Nova fails on almost every count. The much hyped special effects are almost laughable in places and are still leagues behind modern day big budget movies, or the 15 year old Jurassic Park for that matter, and the action sequences lack any tension or sense of danger. Add to this the fact that the characters are so clichéd, the dialogue so cheesy and the plotlines so incredibly dull that it is impossible to even begin to care about their plight and you have an example of what happens when TV goes wrong. Fortunately thanks to rapidly declining viewers in the US a second season now looks unlikely. Expand
  29. Jul 7, 2014
    A show that started somewhat good turned to crap later in the season. Horrible acting, dialogue, and plot lines made this series a complete dud. Glad it was cancelled.
  30. Sep 27, 2011
    Incredibly awful writing. Inconsistent characters and annoying out-of-the-blue emo son who suddenly, inexplicably blames his dad. Poor production value on the sets. Wooden acting. No subtlety to the story. Really, really, really bad. It's like George Lucas wrote it.
  31. Sep 28, 2011
    A very painful first episode. The characters sucked, the acting was terrible, the plot was lame, and the special effects were just okay. Seriously, it was just bad. The way I see it is that the only way one could enjoy this show is if they have no brain. Which a lot of people don't.
  32. Oct 8, 2011
    This show is terrible. There are so many things wrong with it - no explanation for many aspects of the plot, parts that don't make a lick of sense, a son that all of a sudden has daddy issues, and a daughter playing the stereotype of the smart kid, only her acting is so bad that the best she manages to achieve is the not-so-smart kind trying to act. This has to be the poorest attempt at story telling that I have seen for a long while. My advice? Don't waste your time. Expand
  33. Oct 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pointless and unnecessary, that's what this show is. When I first read about this show I got very excited. Dystopian future, time travel and dinosaurs, what could possibly go wrong? I did not expect stellar acting, a remarkable plot line or clever dialogue. Just watching a group of people in a survival setting battling against the elements and the diversity of vicious, man-eating, prehistoric creatures would have been enough to satisfy all my expectations. Now, after watching 3 episodes, I feel duped. It's not about dinosaurs, hardships of survival, some weird psychological phenomenon caused by time travel or possible implications thereof. This show is no more than a generic family drama with occasional apperances of dinosaurs. The whole premise of time travel and dinosaurs is nothing more than a farce, an excuse to provide the viewer with **** explanations for **** solutions to **** problems with dinosaurs thrown in to create a fake sense of danger and urgency. The show is as predictable as the alphabet and the characters are so cliché and one-dimensional that I can't possibly care for any of them. Let me introduce them, without names though, cause I already forgot. There is the father, the embodiment of conservative alpha male/provider/protector/authoritative father figure, in short a neanderthal. He will always do as his conservative guide to being a manly father says, that does not include using his brain. In episode 1 for example he decides to punch a police officer after his illegal (overpopulation law) child is found. He goes to prison, his wife gets to raise their 3 children on her own. There is apparently no consequence of having 1 child too many, so the only thing his anger accomplished is getting him imprisoned and giving his family a couple years of hardship. Still, his continued knuckle responses are presented in such a way that it appears as if the producers of this show are trying to promote outdated gender-role stereotypes. His wife is the typical beautiful wife that is always loyal to her husband whatever happens, she loves her children. She is also a typical doctor/ scientist, and by typical I mean typical for TV shows. It seems TV producers have at best a childlike understanding of science, so when they create a scientist/doctor character it's basically someone really smart who wields the magic of science to solve various problems. In one episode for example she appears to be an expert in virology and bio engineering despite being a trauma surgeon (wiki says it) back in her time-line. Then there are their 3 kids. The teen daughter is a cliché awkward, nerdy genius kid. The producers idea of smart is that she will blurt out some supposedly smart stuff, and the producers idea of akward and nerdy is that she is extremely attractive and everyone smirks when she says said smart stuff. Then there is the rebellious teen son who says mean stuff to his parents but loves them in his heart. He gets into trouble and his parents get him out of it, afterwards they hug. At last there is the youngest child, a little girl whose only job it is to be cute and provide moments of touchy feelings. Every episode feels exactly the same. Half the episode is about how much they love eachother and how important their family is. Then some problem appears, a reason for them to leave their safe camp. There will be a little shooting, shouting and driving, a couple dinosaurs will be encountered and the problem will be solved within the same episode. Then it's back to happy family times. In-between the action and family stuff there are also some romance sub plots that are as original as the idea of time travel. As a guy I hate the moronic filler material that is romance, but Terra Nova sets a new record for the most stupid and half assed romance sub plots, I mean it. Episode 1, teen son arrives at terra nova and goes exploring the new home, first person he talks to is his new romance. Same episode, teen daughter takes a walk in the new home, first person she speaks to is her new romance. **** disgusting. As already mentioned each episode is in itself conclusive, the only plotline that extends beyond the duration of one episode is the disappearance of the son of the camp commander and his crazy writings on stones and rocks. There is also a group of people who were living in the camp but are enemies now, some kind of mad max-esque enemies. These attempts at mystery are so poorly executed that they fail to create even the slightest amount of interest. To sum up, there is absolutely no reason to watch this show, boring characters, predictable cookie-cutter episodes, zero suspense. Expand
  34. Nov 1, 2011
    Simply terrible. Nothing is thought through. Effects aren't too great, characters are shallow and uninteresting. It's no LOST, it's not thought provoking, interesting, or entertaining. Watched it with a group of friends, we left and did other things.
  35. Nov 2, 2011
    The teenagers live among dinosaurs and go into the forest to drink moonshine? really? they spend all the money on the series to come up with this? the script is ridiculous. don't waste your time. if you want quality programming watch hbo or showtime.
  36. Nov 12, 2011
    I can't understand why this show is still on the air. Terrible plot and script, horrible acting and poor CGI all come together to create a magnificent piece of dreck. How could Spielberg produce something like this? Unbelievable...
  37. Dec 1, 2011
    Trash! Maybe the worst thing that I've just watched! bad casting, bad scenes, bad dialogues, bad dinosaurs...This is not sci-fi, this is drama and bad drama
  38. Dec 15, 2011
    I have grown up a sci-fi fan. So when I heard about this show, I was ecstatic. Dinosaurs, a hint of Earth 2, a whole new world to explore, what more could you ask for? After watching the first episode thru the current one apparently a lot more! (Yeah, yeah, I keep trying it, wishing for change, I'm hopeless)

The lines are VERY bland, nothing intelligent, nothing interesting. It
    sometimes feels like some high school kids wrote and directed it. The mini "day to day" storylines are the same thing. And the BIG multi-arc "storyline" is so weak it could be nonexistant. Bad corporations from the future want to suck out the natural resources of this new planet. Ooooooh. So much drama.....

The actors they chose fro this are very generic looking. I know they tried to actually add diversity to the main cast (the actors playing the mother, and both daughters have Indian ancestory), which is great. But for a multi million budget, they could'nt have found better actors?? They say their lines so glumly, as if they will suck the life out of television. Actors don't NEED to be good looking more than they need to have charisma, an onscreen persona. So far the Commander is the one with most charisma (and I hated his guts in Avatar).
    I wonder if this show can be saved? Explode Terra Nova, or maybe let dinosaurs eat everybody up. Then the next batch of explorers that come can be better cast. It is sad that they were trying to make a family friendly sci-fi and it fell flat. I love feel good shows, shows that show the bond/strength of family. But this thing just sucked.

P.S It makes me miss Earth2, my heart was ripped out when super losers cancelled it. :(
  39. Dec 19, 2011
    The stunning visuals are not enough to distract my attention off of the horrendous writing and terrible acting with the exception of Stephen Lang(not great but decent enough to keep me from pulling my hair out while screaming at the screen). This show lacks the mystery that others of it's category have; shows such as "Lost" which had the bitter-sweetness of "leaving you hanging" at the end of the show. The fact that every unrealistic problem the writers create is resolved at the end of every episode is what is driving the audience away; an audience which is relatively small considering the shows budget. As of today the show has survived for one whole season, perhaps Fox will see their mistakes and fix them. The fix is simple new writers and casting auditions! Expand
  40. Jul 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where to begin with Terra Nova?
    I had hopes that it would be good, that for once a show that wants to push the envelope wouldn't suck as badly as this did. But I was sadly wrong, from the moment go I felt that familiar old tickle at the back of my neck that signals the big screw up in character writing-which for me usually destroys whatever I watch/read/listen to-in the character of Josh. I've got no problems with Landon Liboiron, the guy can act good, its just he was given a complete douche to act as ad it ruined the enjoyment of what is genuinely an interesting-if highly overused-premise.
    The story, well that ended up as very boring and flat, with only the Shannon family to allow soe tension.
  41. Sep 26, 2011
    I can't really give the premiere a "fair" review because I was unable to get past the first 45 minutes and thats even DVR'd WITHOUT commercials but it doesn't really matter because this sow sucks. It makes me question why producers and creators feel they have to make big budget tv projects SO void of good dialogue, intelligent writing, character complexity, and the list goes on. This show is DUMB in the truest sense of the word. It treats the viewers as if they're expected to simply ignorantly accept whatever science fictiony bs these writers could come up with. Shockingly unrealistic and a painful attempt to relate to wwhat they must think the "common fox viewer" is. I meeeaaaan the characters dress and talk like "typical" americans of today. There is absolutely nothing that distinguishes these people from a typical light modern drama even thought its set 150 years in the future and then 65 million years in the past. Not cutting edge. NOT edgy, risky, artistic, well acted, well written or attractive at ALL. What the most upsetting thing is that there was all the money in the world to make something great when others have done far more for far less ie LOST, Battlestar Gallactica, X-Files, I'm sure there are more. I would write in greater detail or even bother to give an example of this shows ironic one dimensionality but I encourage you to actually watch the first 120 minutes of what I pray will be a very short lived disaster just so you can see what really great people are capable of when they're not paying attention or are so rich, successful and established they forget how to make great entertainment. #FAIL Expand
  42. Feb 2, 2012
    I can't believe I ever gave this a 7. Awful show. It was bad in every way possible...I think the worst part of it all was this one scene in the season 1 finale where the villain pointlessly shot a vegetarian dinosaur. I can just imagine the moron who wrote that scene. "Duhhhh.,...vegetarian dinosaurs are...like...nice. they look so friendly eating their leaves. I hear people react to...like...bad stuff...let's have the villain shoot the vegetarian dinosaur. Yeah." Expand
  43. Oct 2, 2011
    I felt compelled to register and contribute a quick review for this show because I don't understand how a show this appallingly bad could garner positive reviews. I have only seen the first hour of the pilot in a preview at comic-con, and decided then and there that I did not need to see a single second more of this disaster. Between the mediocre special effects, boring and predictable story, wooden acting, and amazingly terrible dialogue, it's mind-boggling that the show made it off the cutting room floor, let alone to an actual premiere. The fact that it garnered applause at comic-con was totally surprising to me, but now I see that the general sci-fi TV watching public has their standards set so low that even this dreck is considered acceptable. You would think after having the pleasure of Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Lost, Fringe and other such impressively written shows, they would have a better appreciation, but apparently not. Score is for the show and for those fans who actually enjoyed this. Expand
  44. Oct 29, 2011
    Opps- my review for this went on as a 10. Definitely not what I wanted so this evens things out. Default ratings really shouldn't be ten. And where is the edit option???
  45. Nov 21, 2011
    Booooring. I am unable to stay interested in this show. The characters are bland, predictable and cliche. The story was pulled out of someone's butt, and aside from the dinosaurs I'm not even sure what this show is supposed to be about. There's nothing compelling about it. Maybe if aliens came down, strapped lasers on the dinosaurs, and the dinosaurs went rampaging through the human settlement it would be watchable. Network TV is pretty much out of ideas. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Sep 28, 2011
    Nothing in this pilot is as compelling as the idea for the show, which begs philosophical and ethical questions that Spielberg and company (for now, at least) aren't interested in addressing.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Sep 27, 2011
    Even with Steven Spielberg listed among the executive producers, this distant world doesn't inspire much awe. [3 Oct 2011, p.45]
  3. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Sep 26, 2011
    The slowdown of the show's pace is one thing, but the real issue here is that the family element often feels inauthentic and just isn't up to the quality of the CGI-fueled action sequences.