The 100 : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 19, 2014
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
6.6

1. May 9, 2014
    This show is another amazing and intriguing apocalyptic show that has caught my attention. I was sceptical at first as I am not a huge fan of the CW's channel however I realised that this is an exception to that thought. I have so far really enjoyed watching it and am hooked. If you like The Walking Dead, Revolution, or Lost, then you will love this show! Some people on here give sillyThis show is another amazing and intriguing apocalyptic show that has caught my attention. I was sceptical at first as I am not a huge fan of the CW's channel however I realised that this is an exception to that thought. I have so far really enjoyed watching it and am hooked. If you like The Walking Dead, Revolution, or Lost, then you will love this show! Some people on here give silly reviews for shows... don't buy into their lies! If you like apocalytic, intense, thrilling, quality dramas, this is your show. It has a nuclear and isolated feel to it and it has yet to disappoint me. If you like the show too, please spread the word as much as possible, the show can't survive without support and good ratings so encourage those around you! Expand
  2. May 20, 2016
    this is one of the best shows I've watching. At first I thougt it will be yet another post aolyptic show, but the actors, feelings and drama are so good, that it hooks you like no other show.

Lexa is just an awesome character plus I liked to see a bit of lesbi in the show^^
  3. Mar 24, 2014
    A scf-fi show for those who know nothing about science. If you are used to other high quality sci-fi entertainment then this show will be a sore disappointment. Obviously targeted at the teenage age group. Certain things don't make sense while other plot lines are just silly. I wont be watching episode 2.
  4. Oct 5, 2014
    I think the 100 is the best show I have ever watched. Not because it has attractive teenagers or that it's has pretty atmospheres (which they do) it's because they do everything right. Now people are complaining that the teenagers are to attractive and stuff. 1 word. Stereotypes. Would you watch a show when every one isn't appealing to look at. Probably not. If you would you are eitherI think the 100 is the best show I have ever watched. Not because it has attractive teenagers or that it's has pretty atmospheres (which they do) it's because they do everything right. Now people are complaining that the teenagers are to attractive and stuff. 1 word. Stereotypes. Would you watch a show when every one isn't appealing to look at. Probably not. If you would you are either lying or you are just a unjudge mental person. I love the 100 because it has a unique story line. 97 years after a nuclear apocalypse, 100 prisoners sent down to the earth to see if it is survivable for the ark and it's lacking resources. Never seen that. The only thing I'm suprised at was the finale for season 1. There has been no activity of that place they are in in the earlier episodes. You wouldn't know that would be there. Besides that i think that the acting is great and it can be quite freaky to hallucinating nuts to bleeding out your eyes. But sometimes they disimbandon the storylines a bit. Like mnt weather, they said they dropped them on the wrong mountain but that was never brought up again. It was probably because mnt weather is on the rounders side, and the place Lincoln went, that was never really brought up, maybe future episodes.9/10 Expand
  5. Nov 12, 2014
    Okay its not the BEST show ever, but I'm guessing a lot of the negative scorers didn't make it past the first 3 or 4 episodes. That's their prerogative of course, but actually this show grows quite well. By the end of the first season, I actually felt more connected to a lot of the characters than i felt with characters from plenty of other TV series I've watched recently - despite theirOkay its not the BEST show ever, but I'm guessing a lot of the negative scorers didn't make it past the first 3 or 4 episodes. That's their prerogative of course, but actually this show grows quite well. By the end of the first season, I actually felt more connected to a lot of the characters than i felt with characters from plenty of other TV series I've watched recently - despite their age. The local politics on the ground are reminiscent of 'Lost' but hopefully actually going somewhere, unlike that series that ended up being a series of random ideas thrown together for shock factor.

It's The Walking Dead meets Lost meets Battlestar Galactica really. Oh, and with a hint of The Lord of the Rings if that's somehow possible...

Seriously, give it a try - despite the dodgy science at times (especially some of the medical emergencies) there's a real visceral earthiness to the surroundings and survival story arc that's compelling and rewarding.
  6. May 22, 2014
    The 100 is another amazing show i am hooked to the 100 now and so is my sister from the begging it got my attention straight away the show all together is interesting the crew too
  7. Nov 13, 2014
    Great show. very interesting to see how the characters grow and change due to the trauma of their experiences on earth. highly recommended. first episode was ok, but the second and third really started to get this series rolling and giving views a better back story.
  8. Dec 13, 2014
    This show starts very teenager-esque, but by episode 3 is like crack and becomes increasingly addicting with big shockers. Clarke and Bellamy steal the show with a couple of strong side stories. This is a thrill ride that gets increasingly complex and dark. It shows the grit, strength, and darkness of humanity, often all in one character.
  9. May 12, 2014
    The show has promise and potential but unfortunately it will never reach it because of the mediocre writing and directing. If only those guys over at HBO could have picked this one up. We'd be looking at something special
  10. Jun 15, 2014
    Me and my wife loved it and hope for a second season. i give it A 100. The 100 is the best show that i have seen in quite awhile. The cast done a great job playing their roles also. We personally cannot wait for season 2. We were sad to see the season end so soon. Waiting for season 2!
  11. May 9, 2014
    So people ranted after watching one episode. If you watch more this show grows. The CW writers still hit cliches but at times work away from them. First season is close to over and I would say this show has a chance to be a great and new thing or it will drop and the show will get to a point where it should be cancelled. This show has more potential than most shows that appear and drag on.So people ranted after watching one episode. If you watch more this show grows. The CW writers still hit cliches but at times work away from them. First season is close to over and I would say this show has a chance to be a great and new thing or it will drop and the show will get to a point where it should be cancelled. This show has more potential than most shows that appear and drag on. Hopefully it lives up to it. Expand
  12. Jun 28, 2016
    A cliche after another, literally. How many times did I see a scene where a man with a knife unties another one but it looks like he is going to stab him at first? I think that particular one was there at least 3 times by the episode 6 of season 2. Really painful to watch. Especially that it is basically a teenage drama.
    But at the same time it hooks you up. You want to know what happens
    But at the same time it hooks you up. You want to know what happens next. So get yourself a bottle of good wine before watching this. You'll need it and you'll thank me later.
  13. May 26, 2014
    Love the show its non stop action you don't have to wait weeks for something interesting to happen the main characters are young talented actors and think new characters recently introduced are as well. Looking forward to another season
  14. Nov 28, 2015
    From the beginning of the series, the 100 had three strikes against it, making its success seem almost miraculous. This show is based on a trilogy of novels, in most cases the show/film is never as good as the books, but in this case it's better. Second, the show was a mid-summer replacement, something that almost never makes it passed it's first season, and finally it's on the CW, so mostFrom the beginning of the series, the 100 had three strikes against it, making its success seem almost miraculous. This show is based on a trilogy of novels, in most cases the show/film is never as good as the books, but in this case it's better. Second, the show was a mid-summer replacement, something that almost never makes it passed it's first season, and finally it's on the CW, so most people assume it's just another teen drama, but the 100 is a lot more than that. The reason this show has survived and the reason it's been named one of the best shows on television that you're not watching, is because of it's terrific story lines, deep characters, and unique make up. When Entertainment Weekly said it's the most underrated shows on television they weren't kidding.

150 years in the future, Earth has been all but destroyed by World War 3, and the remains of the human race, the lucky decedents of people who escaped the cataclysm, live on a space station called the Ark. Resources on the Ark are extremely limited and for that reason, crime is met with death, unless you're under the age of eighteen, in that case the punishment is imprisonment. After nearly 100 years in space, the Ark is dying and the leaders know their only hope for survival is to return to Earth, but can they withstand the radiation? In order to test this, they decide to send 100 of the least violent juvenile offenders down to the planet as test subjects. As the kids set up camp and learn to live on the planet, their accomplishments quickly take a backseat when they learn, they are not alone.

Most TV shows that are based on books, never seem to be able to capture the essence of the main characters and for that reason people never really get a complete look at what the author intended. In the 100 saga, the skilled actors and the tremendous writing allow you to connect to characters in a way that goes above and beyond the original story. This is a show that also has many sub-plots, it's not simply about the kids on earth, the people in space, and the survivors on the planet. the viewer learns backstory through flashbacks and knows every character and their history intimately. As I watched this show, I really felt as though I was a member of this camp and I knew everybody, only a great show can accomplish this.

This is a show that is so much more than just another CW teen drama, it is a look into the new direction the network is taking with shows like Arrow & The Flash. The 100 is a continuous story that you will not be able to stop watching. It is intense, exciting, and has more depth to the story than any show I've seen in a long time. If you can get over the fact that its a CW show and prominently features a group of teenagers, you will see one of the most interesting and dynamic science fiction shows to air on network television in years.
  15. Dec 25, 2014
    This show = greatness. It's too addicting not to watch. I think this could be as big as Walking Dead if done right. Once again, good job on the show. I plan on watching it until the very end.
  16. Jan 12, 2016
    We dvr this every week and watch as a family. Can't wait for the new season to start!!!! Shows that explore what could happen if we don't change a few things in this world we live in are interesting.
  17. Jun 11, 2014
    Excellent Show!! If you are not already watching this show you def should be...Each week gets more intense and I find myself hating to see the credits (which is the mark of a great show) I am not at all a CW fan as most of their shows are "twilighty" teen romance garbage...although this one has a bit of romance, it is a very well put together thrill ride each week.
  18. Jun 19, 2014
    All the bad reviews only talk about watching the first or second episode and how they stopped watching after that. And to be honest I wasn't impressed with the first two episodes either. BUT WOW DOES THIS SHOW EVER GET GOOD. YOU SHOULD WATCH IT... NOW. GO. GO DO IT
  19. Dec 16, 2014
    This is one of the best shows ever!!! I give it a 10 out of 10. It kind of reminds me of the shows Lost, and Stargate Universe, where the main themes are survival, in space, and on Earth, but a billion times better. Maybe like the first 1 or 2 episodes seems like it's geared more towards teens, but as the show progresses, it starts taking on a more mature, and serious vibe. The adults onThis is one of the best shows ever!!! I give it a 10 out of 10. It kind of reminds me of the shows Lost, and Stargate Universe, where the main themes are survival, in space, and on Earth, but a billion times better. Maybe like the first 1 or 2 episodes seems like it's geared more towards teens, but as the show progresses, it starts taking on a more mature, and serious vibe. The adults on the space station play as big as a role as the teens that are sent to Earth. There really are no slow, or dull parts in the show at all. The episodes has the pace of a James Patterson novel, where every scene is a cliffhanger, and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Also, I haven't really had any favorite shows since Dexter, and Breaking Bad ended, but this show is now my new favorite. Expand
  20. Mar 19, 2014
    another great scifi series. reminds me of the hunger games but is different. the story is good so far showing how the group of teens called the 100 are sent to earth to see if its inhabitable after 97 years of it being "destroyed". though the world is far from safe as mutated creatures and other beings are inhabiting the world now. Its a show worth watching if you like scifi and the hungeranother great scifi series. reminds me of the hunger games but is different. the story is good so far showing how the group of teens called the 100 are sent to earth to see if its inhabitable after 97 years of it being "destroyed". though the world is far from safe as mutated creatures and other beings are inhabiting the world now. Its a show worth watching if you like scifi and the hunger games movies. Some may call it a ripoff but it really isn't and from the look of things it only seems like it will get better and darker. Expand
  21. Apr 22, 2014
    Watched it on Netflixx, i had no Idea it was a CW show but regardless its actually really cool! Good characters mixed with a large amount of questions makes for an exciting post apocalyptic drama.
  22. May 23, 2014
    Cool show with a lot of possibilities. Sort of a combination of Lost and Hunger Games with a hint of Battlestar Galactica and Outcasts. Good story and each episode leaves you wanting more. Hope it keeps going.
  23. Apr 14, 2014
    I have my ups and downs with this show.. but, I haven't given up on it. Tho there was a moment where I screeched at the two headed deer. I hope it gets better and that there is more insight as to what could we really expect after being away from earth for 97 years.
  24. Dec 29, 2014
    This show is essentialy a mix of Lost and the hunger games. I was a huge fan of lost and have rewatched all 6 seasons many times. This is the first show that has got my blood pumping as much as Lost did.
  25. May 22, 2014
    great sc-ifi series the story is heaps good so far showing how the group of teens who broke the law up in space are sent to the ground to die and found out the ground was nothing like they imagined a great drama Show and I hope it continues
  26. May 13, 2014
    Lost meets Battlestar Galactica with a twist of teen drama (and a cast to match). I'm not sure if people have watched more than one episode of this show, but it gets better. Way better. Actually, once you get past the pilot it quickly steamrolls into strong and unpredictable plotlines, decently written scenes with tight acting, and great production value. There is a little teen drama,Lost meets Battlestar Galactica with a twist of teen drama (and a cast to match). I'm not sure if people have watched more than one episode of this show, but it gets better. Way better. Actually, once you get past the pilot it quickly steamrolls into strong and unpredictable plotlines, decently written scenes with tight acting, and great production value. There is a little teen drama, in particular the love triangles, but I find all of the teen characters to be engaging enough to not mind too much. The plots still on board the Ark (comprised of 12 space stations, not just one) are EXCELLENT, actually some of the better TV I've seen this year. Can't wait for more! Expand
  27. Apr 20, 2014
    wait a minute and......... now! Finally i found a series interesting in this period of my life where all good series had remembered to end. dont say this suck! the subject are interesting, the crew too!
    just one thing i think is sad but is the life: everyone dies down here!
  28. Dec 9, 2015
    well i'm her too late because i just watched this on MTV. this serie is reallyyyyyy amazing, its soo different to anything i saw before. i really loved the cast and the story is soo unique. i need to watch the 2nd season right now.
  29. Mar 2, 2016
    After one episode, I'm sold. The tension felt authentic both in space on and on ground. There are two worlds unlike our own to explore and to be revealed.
  30. Jan 18, 2016
    I wouldn't pay much attention to the negative reviews on here. If you want to watch a show that resembles The Hunger Games and The Divergent movies, then watch The 100. It won't disappoint. When the show first aired on television, I wasn't interested in it because of the name of the show. But then I gave it a shot when I came across it on Netflix when season 2 ended on tv. I watchedI wouldn't pay much attention to the negative reviews on here. If you want to watch a show that resembles The Hunger Games and The Divergent movies, then watch The 100. It won't disappoint. When the show first aired on television, I wasn't interested in it because of the name of the show. But then I gave it a shot when I came across it on Netflix when season 2 ended on tv. I watched seasons 1 and 2 in one day! I couldn't stop watching it. The brilliant directors of the 100 reeled me in, and I was hooked. The 100 is so smart and clever in maneuvering the most hardest decisions a character has to make into the most suspenseful moments i've ever seen in a tv show. Not to mention, the story is very well written and very action packed. If you like action, suspense, some comedy, and romance--WATCH THIS SHOW. I think it's way better than most of the other cw shows. Expand
  31. Jan 29, 2016
    I love almost every story line in this show! Action is off the charts thrilling and suspenseful. The reality of what would happen should this become a real thing is masterful. I will give a very negative review on The City Of Lights everything about this part in the story is just awful. The lady in Red and her story should be cut out after this season. We know she is the reason theI love almost every story line in this show! Action is off the charts thrilling and suspenseful. The reality of what would happen should this become a real thing is masterful. I will give a very negative review on The City Of Lights everything about this part in the story is just awful. The lady in Red and her story should be cut out after this season. We know she is the reason the earth is destroyed, the whole I.Robot impending future. I get it. But this is not that! This show is so so great without a freaking robot! its getting back to live or die, kill or be killed, alliances, honor, strength, Glory. Real Life back to the basics. Take the stupid I.Robot plot out of the equation! I love Isaiah Washington, get him back to being a leader of the real earth. Other than this, The Show is BadAss!!! Expand
  32. Feb 6, 2016
    Great show, the first episode made me think it was going to be teenage drama until halfway through and then i was stuck. I enjoy the cast and hope the show makes it further considering the long break maybe more people have heard of the show and enjoy it as well.
  33. Feb 10, 2016
    It's a survival type of show so after watching Walking Dead, 100 is just another one in another world. I love the fact that there are more women who are leading their people and smart badasses ones too! This show is just getting better and better. Just watch it guys !
  34. Apr 2, 2016
    You have to struggle through the first season, I completely understand anyone falling off by episode 5 of the first season. It seems really touch and go until the second half of the second season. By that part, you pretty much have a full understanding that Season 1 to first half of Season 2 were heavily lingered upon for character exposition.

Could it have been done painlessly, oh

Could it have been done painlessly, oh yes, however, the director kind of drags you through the ground alongside the characters, not particularly entertaining fare. Second half of Season 2 is where my attention actually kicked in, you see the frailty in alliances, psychological scars left behind from Season 1, the sheer suffering is a sight to behold, more so than the oversexed garbage that usually shows up on TV or Netflix.

I didn't dwell on the goofy method that they used to bring "Lincoln" in on the story but by Season 3 there is a lot more substance to this character. Lindsey Morgan's "Raven" goes into lackluster mode as the story progresses despite a strong start, Page Turco's character is best described as "supporting the supporting cast" and Bobby Morley's "Bellamy" needs a buff, he comes across as easily impressionable DESPITE all the happenings of Season 1, you would think that continuity is a thing when it comes to evolving mindsets, but eh, I'm not the one directing it. Thomas McDonnell's "Fin" character showed great potential but I'm willing to bet his role was not thought all the way through.

Notable characters are responsible in my opinion, for making this story and there are a few. Eliza Taylor's "Clark" character has quite the bit of substance but she always comes across as underdog and never the one in any form of advantage, speaking of underdogs, there is one with a fierce bite, Marie Avgeropoulos' "Octavia", she is proving quite a capable character however, I don't think the writers exactly understand what to do with her character. Another great character to watch out for is Devon Bostick's "Jasper" his evolution or devolution rather is quite the beautiful story of a broken young man's mind. Isaiah Washington's "Thelonius" hasn't gotten much attention but I have a feeling that this character is going to play some key roles in Season 4 as is the case with bigger name actors. Henry Ian Cusick's character "Marcus" needs a bit more polishing, I find that even though Marcus is a great up and coming leader type, writing is not spectacular. The best wildcard in all this is Richard Harmon's "Murphy" a lot is unclear about him but has been written in a delightfully enigmatic manner. I also liked the fact that they have included a "Grounder language" that is not complete jibberish.

Eight out of 10 it is then for me, it can be A LOT better however, for what you have on your plate, decent stuff, you could do a lot worse.
  35. Mar 11, 2016
    Is it necessary for music to be playing during the entire show? It's so annoying and distracting. Sometimes the darn music is so loud I can't hear what they are saying!
  36. May 11, 2016
    Pretty good. Possibly among my favourites. Unpredictable, which is nice. Does sometimes feel like a wannabe GoT, but still worth watching. Will stay for the next season.
  37. Mar 20, 2014
    Watched the series premier last night and from what I've seen looks like this show is going to have very cool story lines. Suspense, action, fantasy, and maybe even a good love story all rolled into one. I'm looking forward to what the writers have in -store!
  38. Apr 24, 2014
    Amazing story and great characters! For a TV show from CW it is accurate and does not allow for plot holes or good characters making bad choices. Feels real, unlike most shows today; does sci-fi a favor promoting intelligent young adults in a harsh environment.
  39. Jun 7, 2015
    Very Will donne show. The first 3 chapitres are just ok but then it start to grow on you.
    I loved the ending that leads to the season 2 where much more is explained.
    Great show almost for free on NetFlix
  40. Jan 15, 2015
    Lord of the Flies X Battle Star Galactica X Walking Dead (without zombies).
    Lord of the Flies X Battle Star Galactica X Walking Dead (without zombies).
    Ignore all the complaints about about "good looking teens" "teens this, teens that"... Non of the actors are teenagers!! And it's never really crystal clear how old they are in the show. Yes they are supposed to be teens, but it's open to interpretation as they look about 20+ up to 30 years of age. Besides that, age isn't even a valid issue! Especially when the other half of the main cast are the adult groups, the relatives and the council!
    And "good looking" is now a complaint? What, really? See past that and give it a few episodes and you'll find a kick ass show that isn't afraid to give you answers and satisfy you with every episode. All the main cast are great. It's a show about survival and conundrums. What I really like about this show is... the choices our main casts have to make.. this means it's not long before we realize that their are no "good guys" on this show. I'm an oldie at 37 years of age. Don't let this Youth Adult category put you off. A lot of YA property is just as good as the so called "grown up" stuff. Replace the "supposed" teens with craggy looking adults and you still have the same show! Dark, action packed with intrigue. With season 3 green lit and a fan base quickly gathering, they must be doing something right!
  41. Mar 8, 2015
    The space station crew is wasteful beyond belief and I'm shocked that they've survived for 97 years. On the other hand, the ground story is interesting enough, and all the characters are suitably attractive to look at, even if their dialog sometimes leaves quite a bit to be desired.
  42. Jul 31, 2015
    A series that, honestly, starts off very weak. If I had stopped watching after episode 3, I would have been left with the impression of a scifi teeny drama show that's trying really hard to be mysterious and edgy but kinda falls flat.

It's only from episode 4/5 onward that the story really gets into gear and you realize that it's not mistake that some members of the Battlestar Galactica remake are part of the cast. The protagonists grow from stupid kids you want to strangle for their stereotypical "nobody understands me, **** society and rules" behavior into actual characters. What makes the first few episodes somewhat bland is exactly what makes all the others in the first season so exciting: They are dumb and somewhat innocent... until they are thrown into situations where they cannot afford to be either of these anymore.

The show is essentially Battlestar Galactica on Earth, only without the supernatural stuff - and in my eyes, that's one of the best shows to imitate. I went from "meh, probably not worth my time" to "holy **** I've gotta watch every episode tonight" in about one hour. It's got a few cringeworthy moments and, yes, some science and logic has fallen victim to the nuclear war, but if you don't give the show at least a few episodes to get you hooked, you're making a mistake.
  43. Sep 8, 2015
    This show is really amazing. Started watching it and couldn't stop. There are so many cool sci fi themes and issues in the show that it really keeps you interested in watching. Characters are also very interesting and bring you in. I would highly recommend this show to any sci fi fan! You won't be disappointed.
  44. May 28, 2015
    This show starts off slow but ends with an interesting note. This show has the quality to deliver the post apocalyptic theme. The story of the show has be continued and portrayed both beautifully and interestingly from the season 2, the season 1 may not be as good as season 2 but it delivers the audience what they want, it picks up quickly and did not descent the hope I have in the show.This show starts off slow but ends with an interesting note. This show has the quality to deliver the post apocalyptic theme. The story of the show has be continued and portrayed both beautifully and interestingly from the season 2, the season 1 may not be as good as season 2 but it delivers the audience what they want, it picks up quickly and did not descent the hope I have in the show. Waiting eagerly for season 3 :D Expand
  45. Jun 12, 2015
    The 100 is one of the best tv series i have ever seen. I loved everything: from the characters to the plot and the thriller/murder scenes. The actors are very good, even if not famous. Congratulations!
  46. Aug 17, 2014
    Better than anything currently on SyFy.

I very much enjoy this "Star-Lord of the Flies" CW Soap. It has energy and the good sense not to bog down in the cringe-worthy romance bits that hobble similar outings like "Dominion" and "Defiance." While it doesn't rise to the quality of "Utopia" or "Misfits" it is at least as good as the other attempts at the genre by other mainstream US
    Better than anything currently on SyFy.

I very much enjoy this "Star-Lord of the Flies" CW Soap.

While it doesn't rise to the quality of "Utopia" or "Misfits" it is at least as good as the other attempts at the genre by other mainstream US networks.
  47. Nov 2, 2014
    What a nice show. It's a little to much teeny treated in my view.
    Another thing that weakens the series is the absence of a geiger counter so far.
    I understand that dramatically it could turn things a bit harder to make work as well but it can be done. Anyhow i love it. Aside the teeny feel and the geiger counter absence, it's a catchy, realist and very interesting series. It think it
    What a nice show. It's a little to much teeny treated in my view.
    Anyhow i love it.
    It think it has all it needs to be an all times iconic sci fiction series, and that it will probably manage to achieve that status.
  48. Nov 13, 2014
    I can't believe the overall score for this show is this low. It takes all the best elements of Battlestar Galactica, Lost, and Lord of the Flies, and mixes them together in a post-apocalyptic drama that feels fairly fresh, but entirely watchable. In just a few episodes, my wife and I were hooked. I absolutely love it.
  49. Dec 2, 2014
    I like futuristic TV like Terra Nova, which was cancelled, many more like that....
    The 100 is great action, drama, and survival for those who like reality this comes pretty close...
    A lot better than all the other trash on TV read my blogs to see the list of most hated shows...
  50. Jan 3, 2015
    I agree with many of the other positive reviews in that after 2 or 3 episodes I wasn't too impressed. I figured it was going to end up getting cheesy and stupid. I really was only watching a few episodes to kill time one night. But I decided to watch a bit more and was very pleasantly surprised. It actually got interesting and way more complex than just 19 and 20 year olds on a planet.I agree with many of the other positive reviews in that after 2 or 3 episodes I wasn't too impressed. I figured it was going to end up getting cheesy and stupid. I really was only watching a few episodes to kill time one night. But I decided to watch a bit more and was very pleasantly surprised. It actually got interesting and way more complex than just 19 and 20 year olds on a planet. It started to remind me of Lost, which I loved. Sure, you can discount the science behind some of the stuff, but its not THAT far out of whack. If you aren't trying to disprove everything and just be entertained, then you will like this. Let them have the poetic license on a few things and just enjoy. Expand
  51. Jan 5, 2015
    Wow- I have to say I'm surprised by all the negative comments. I had two other set of friends who loved it and told me about it! I too had to get past the 1st or 2nd episode, but then it gets intense and so good that I had to keep watching and powered through the entire season 1 and 2 in a few days. I now can't wait for more! It's that good! I loved the multiple scenes going on at theWow- I have to say I'm surprised by all the negative comments. I had two other set of friends who loved it and told me about it! I too had to get past the 1st or 2nd episode, but then it gets intense and so good that I had to keep watching and powered through the entire season 1 and 2 in a few days. I now can't wait for more! It's that good! I loved the multiple scenes going on at the same time and the suspense, action, thrilling etc. This show is like Lord of the Flies meets Hunger Games meets BSG. I'm not a huge sci-fi fan so for me I like that it's a little of everything mixed into one show and not totally all about sci-fi! I pray CW doesn't cancel this show and makes more seasons to come! Those of us who loved this show will spread the word and it will continue to catch on! Yes, there are a few cheesy parts here or there but the thrill and intensity of this show will have you overlooking those few scenes and keep you wanting more! Don't go by all the negative reviews-judge for yourself by watching season 1 and 2! Expand
  52. Apr 5, 2015
    As the nuclear apocalypse , zombie apocalypse and whatever killer dogs or something appeared , world anarchy seems to be a high filming point in many tv series like the 100. The 100 pulls this genre off quite well and does make some very good advancements in the first season. But its because of this big advancement that too much is packed into one season , no time is spend building upAs the nuclear apocalypse , zombie apocalypse and whatever killer dogs or something appeared , world anarchy seems to be a high filming point in many tv series like the 100. The 100 pulls this genre off quite well and does make some very good advancements in the first season. But its because of this big advancement that too much is packed into one season , no time is spend building up relationships with the characters , very little time was investigated bringing a understanding to what its like to live on the ark . In a few episodes , or a few days possibly 1 and a half weeks in the current setting of the story , all characters are full on working without any breaks . There was no signs of the director showing anyone sleeping , anything close to that would be the teasing sex scenes. So in reality they would be all walking zombies that all seem to have bullet holes and wounds in the obliques. Whenever somebody gets injured and seems as if there dying , there is always so much camera action on something that's quite easy recoverable. yes a knife or bullet to the obliques would hurt , but every character in the setting must have a permanent scar there. But negatives aside the 100 combines a great deal of action and romance , with exceptional camera quality and a reasonably good story line . Many demands the the viewer is greatly met and is a good recommendation for apocalypse lovers. But as being a good recommendation , you must have to like teens , and i mean teens a lot . The whole story and 70-80% of camera time is set on the teenage delinquents.The average person to aim at , according to the directors would be teens and middle aged persons, as the characters personalities might have a lot to relate to the viewers. So overall this is greatly recommended to someone who doesn't mind the apocalyptic , emotional trauma type series with occasional to high stabbing in the obliques. And this may be a spoiler so dont read on , but main characters never die , we all have learnt this. Expand
  53. Apr 6, 2015
    I recommend this show. it is a lot better then I thought it would be................................................................................ :)
  54. Jul 2, 2015
    Way to many people died to fast. It was slow when it was on the Ark and I don't think they would have survived that long. In the first part they weren't even eating food and nothing happened.
  55. Jul 9, 2015
    An unexpected delight. The first few episodes were quite slow, however after this the story intensifies amazingly. Story line was amazing, characters were perfectly casted. I cant say enough amazing things for this show!!!!!! If you love a good action/thriller with multiple story lines, you will love this,
  56. Jul 27, 2015
    The first season was a bit too slow for me... I found that the characters were not very developed and I expected a little bit more of it... There was maybe a lack of action... It still deserves an 8 because I've watched the season 2 and the 2nd season was absolutely amazing. Actually, I think we can say that the season 1 was kind of setting the characters and put in place the plot. TheThe first season was a bit too slow for me... I found that the characters were not very developed and I expected a little bit more of it... There was maybe a lack of action... It still deserves an 8 because I've watched the season 2 and the 2nd season was absolutely amazing. Actually, I think we can say that the season 1 was kind of setting the characters and put in place the plot. The season 2 is about expanding the plot making it very interesting. Expand
  57. Aug 29, 2015
    The first 4 episodes are giving a totally wrong expectation about what comes after.
    Even though the second season is a little better, you will get a good, exciting story here too in a nice setting.
  58. Oct 17, 2015
    This show is absolutely amazing! I do not understand all the hate it gets - yes, it is a teen drama, but boy is it amazing! It's easily my favorite show. I'm hooked from start to end of an episode. I sincerely hopes it doesn't get canceled, because I'd definitely be upset. As a sci-fi enthusiast, two thumbs up!
  59. Oct 19, 2015
    People attack this because it has perfect teenagers and bla bla but guys even today only the elite go to space and i am speaking of physically perfect people and intelectually perfect you can expect that after 97 years on a space station the descendants would have such phisical traits , while the space orbital mechanics do sucks for a series that is based much on that the reality is thatPeople attack this because it has perfect teenagers and bla bla but guys even today only the elite go to space and i am speaking of physically perfect people and intelectually perfect you can expect that after 97 years on a space station the descendants would have such phisical traits , while the space orbital mechanics do sucks for a series that is based much on that the reality is that this is an awesome series and the story is great too. Expand
  60. Apr 18, 2016
    This is one of my favourite tv shows. I think it is brilliant, I was captivated after the first pilot episode and do highly recommend to many of my friends.
  61. May 15, 2014
    This has been a great show so far i mean it is really hard for me to get into a series and the more i watch this show the more i want to see interesting ,thought well through! I hope they continue this show! :)
  62. Jul 25, 2014
    I like the fact that there are whole bunch of moving pieces at play.
    I like the fact that there are whole bunch of moving pieces at play.
    I may be wrong, but I feel like there aren't a ton of sci-fi shows (especially on netflix) that are in this type of setting. Sure, its a bit drama-ey because its a bunch of teenagers reclaiming Earth, but I think it is well executed and never. It runs faster than the walking dead, and that is something I want so desperately to like. I don't understand everyone flaming against it. I would sooner watch the 100 than Avatar any day (pochahontis (sp) with mechs, no thanks). Love the concept of a generation ship, love the concept of the whole thing. Wish there would be a bit more "radiation messed up creatures" and bit more explination to what the hell the grounders are ... but in terms of intensity, I like it, I like Jasper and feel like that love triangle with Raven/Clarke/Finn is slgihtly annoying - but if I have to watch the 100 or barbie pricness goes to paris, it'll be the 100. I feel it is like Gravity meets Jurassic Park.
  63. Oct 24, 2014
    this a a great post apocalyptic/Armageddon type show. it is intriguing and semi-thought provoking and makes you wonder what if...what if you were in that situation? It pushes moral conflicts, intense adversaries, and decent acting by unknown actors and actresses.
  64. Mar 6, 2015
    This show is brilliant. From the very first episode to the last I was taken. I always like me some future apocalyptic scenarios. Nice story. Nice acting. Its great. You guys should watch this show.
  65. Mar 28, 2015
    Just love this series. My son to,d me about it and thought id give it a go. I cant wait to watch each episode. Easy and addictive watching and im 54years old..lol:-) keep up the good work!
  66. Aug 10, 2015
    I love this show so much. it's amazing :-) i wish they would make a season 4. this show deserves a lot more attention that it has now it truly is a great show. i give it a 13 out of 10. best show ever!! Clexa all the way
  67. Gin
    Feb 10, 2017
    No 'The 100' will never win an award, but it's super fun to watch. Not sure why so many are hung up on the "Sci Fi" label and tearing it apart for it's "bad" writing. Some things aren't meant to change the world, they're there for mindless entertainment. I must be one of the "unintelligent millennial's" who does like this hour long respite from the real world every week. It gets betterNo 'The 100' will never win an award, but it's super fun to watch. Not sure why so many are hung up on the "Sci Fi" label and tearing it apart for it's "bad" writing. Some things aren't meant to change the world, they're there for mindless entertainment. I must be one of the "unintelligent millennial's" who does like this hour long respite from the real world every week. It gets better fyi. Season 1 is a little dodgy on the acting. But the whole concept of survival among young people who have no prior concept of risk or murder is intriguing. You'll know by episode 1 if you like it. I definitely did. Expand
  68. Mar 6, 2017
    Really loved the first two seasons of this. The Clarke/Lexa stuff got me hooked, but also I’m a sucker for some crappy campy sci-fi, and The 100 is certainly that. It’s a desperate kinda show. The situation is desperate, the characters are desperate, the plot makes a lot of reaches to finish itself. A lot of time it felt like the show was taking itself apart trying to come to conclusionsReally loved the first two seasons of this. The Clarke/Lexa stuff got me hooked, but also I’m a sucker for some crappy campy sci-fi, and The 100 is certainly that. It’s a desperate kinda show. The situation is desperate, the characters are desperate, the plot makes a lot of reaches to finish itself. A lot of time it felt like the show was taking itself apart trying to come to conclusions and tie things up. But I got attached to characters and the world and that’s what matters to me.

Got side tracked waiting for the third season to come out, but I watched some of the second season with you. A lot of the more violent stuff in it freaked you out. I think it was one of the grittier shows we watched together, which is funny because everything is so fake. But this show is so much more about separation and loss and endings. It takes place in hard climates, both geographic and political. People are cruel and don’t care about each other. When they do, it isn’t always healthy. I think the show was too real for you, in a funny way. It wasn’t a bright and happy distraction, and you made us stop watching pretty quickly.

Show Rating: 8/10
    Viewing Experience: 5/10
  69. Mar 13, 2017
    This show is a fabulous show! its so interesting and has many unique aspects involving the future of the human race but it also deals with sci fi, drama, and the life of many unique people. I highly recommend for you to give it a shot because the storyline begins to develop and draw you in jus GIVE IT A SHOT PLZ! you have to watch it
  70. Mar 29, 2017
    Good effort for the obvious low budget. Yes, you may want to see one or two annoying millennial main characters be killed off, hoping they meet their end soon is part of the amusement...but the overall effort is not bad.
  71. Mar 26, 2017
    Year 1 of The 100 is brilliant TV. Technically flawed, but a fun show to watch.

Year 1 of The 100 is brilliant TV. Technically flawed, but a fun show to watch.

Technically, the show is infuriating. Not once in Year 1 is a geiger-counter seen, as if the technology of people who have been in space for 100 years would preclude them from measuring radiation levels. In the first show they see 2 headed animals and glow in the dark insects but after the first couple of episodes such things are no longer present. There are a lot of survivors and they're all dressed like cavemen; a nuclear holocaust would kill a lot of people but leave 90% of "stuff" undamaged, so there would be a lot of clothes and homes and guns around; why in 100 years didn't these cave people find any of the stuff from modern society?

Once you get past the idea that this could ever happen, there's a lot of fun stuff that's highly entertaining. And thats why we watch Sci-Fy, right, to be entertained. The first season is by far the best.
  72. Jun 4, 2017
    CW those two letters mad me think why am i giving this any of my time and what you may think about the cw is true here BUT there's something about this show thats different the acting is goodish the premise is cool i have the privilege of reviewing this in 2017 after season 4 the acting gets better by the way just watch this you won't be disappointed
  73. Jan 13, 2017
    If you stopped watching within the first three episodes, you have no idea what you are missing. It only goes up from there. I was completely thrown off-guard by how much I loved it and how attached to the characters I got. Totally underrated.
  74. Apr 12, 2017
    I think it's one of the best series on the planet, affection with the characters, everything is so beautiful, Their performances, The cast and the plot :)
    This is amazing

1. Reviewed by: Jeff Korbelik
    Mar 27, 2014
    This one has promise because it’s not formulaic. I have no idea where it’s headed, which is kind of nice for a change.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Mar 19, 2014
    As The 100 goes along, you can feel it becoming more and more the show that Rothenberg and his writers want it to be, but it sure starts off at a great distance from from that destination. And even as it gets closer, there are still too many moments of mind-numbing illogic.
    The 100 is better than it has to be, a little more exciting and surprising and intense.