Season #: 1, 2
2.8

1. PatrickS.
    Jul 13, 2007
    awful and just not funny, an embarrasment to the conservative movement. an alternative to a liberal alternative that just doesnt exist. daily show nd colbert attack the powerful, that includes dems and republicans. this awful tripe was obviously written by someone with no idea what humour or satire is
  2. Winm
    Jun 8, 2007
    This show is god awful. As a conservative 'balance' to the Daily Show it fails in every way. It actually makes the Daily Show look more central. As a comedy show its funniest thing is the horrible laugh track. The attacks on the ACLU are probably one of the worst ideas ever (and sadly perhaps the funniest segment). Conceptually they have no potential, and in practice they seem This show is god awful. As a conservative 'balance' to the Daily Show it fails in every way. It actually makes the Daily Show look more central. As a comedy show its funniest thing is the horrible laugh track. The attacks on the ACLU are probably one of the worst ideas ever (and sadly perhaps the funniest segment). Conceptually they have no potential, and in practice they seem to be saying your constitutionally granted rights are funny to us. Any conservative that wants to see something funny should watch Dennis Miller (who himself is only funny if you have no idea about the historical things he refers to). Expand
  3. AndrewS
    Feb 20, 2007
    No where near as funny as the regular programming on fox news.
  4. ClayS.
    Feb 27, 2007
    This is just horrid.
  5. GeorgeD
    Apr 4, 2007
    This is just painful. i'll laugh at anything remotely funny, but the only humor this show has provided has been the reviews
  6. JeffM
    Feb 20, 2007
    The premise is stupid, the jokes dumb and juvenile, and the performance are so dull, it looks like even the actors hate doing it. Comedy only works if everything is up for grabs, narrowing down to make fun of a select group of people to pander to a "base" is why this will inevitably fail.
  7. michaelc
    Mar 4, 2007
    Deliciously awful. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that Joel Surnow was a liberal genius who created some sort of self-referential parody of what conservatives find funny. Something along the lines of: "Let's tell Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter that we want them to appear on our new 'conservative' comedy show, and then film them making fools of themselves in Deliciously awful. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that Joel Surnow was a liberal genius who created some sort of self-referential parody of what conservatives find funny. Something along the lines of: "Let's tell Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter that we want them to appear on our new 'conservative' comedy show, and then film them making fools of themselves in an intentionally unfunny skit." Punked! I'm giving The 1/2 Hour News Hour a rating of 4/10. (Note: this is NOT a rating of four out of ten, but rather, four-tenths of one point. Unfortunately, this site doesn't allow fractional ratings, so I'll have to round it down to zero.) Expand
  8. JasonM
    Apr 3, 2007
    Anti-humor at it's absolute best.
  9. AlexG.
    Jul 8, 2007
    Checked it out thinking, hey, i'm a moderate person, maybe i'll enjoy this as much as I enjoy the Daily Show. Possibly one of the worst mistakes i've ever made, and I can't even get my 30 minutes of time back. The jokes were stale, focused on one side of the political spectrum (which, to the contrary of all our bleeding hearts here, isn't very funny), and the Checked it out thinking, hey, i'm a moderate person, maybe i'll enjoy this as much as I enjoy the Daily Show. Possibly one of the worst mistakes i've ever made, and I can't even get my 30 minutes of time back. The jokes were stale, focused on one side of the political spectrum (which, to the contrary of all our bleeding hearts here, isn't very funny), and the anchors themselves were cardboard cutouts of a bad conservative campaign ad. Not worth the time, money, and lack of effort on anyone's part. Expand
  10. MarkL.
    Oct 30, 2007
    The ACLU joke was actually really funny, because guess what right-wingers? THE KKK is a right-wing group, and we lefties defended your right to march! Whoohoo! That was irony, which Faux is really good at presenting...sometimes as actual news sadly.
  11. RobJ
    Feb 22, 2007
    Truly awful. Not humor, not satire, not even mean; just a half hour of right wing self-pity. This show is the conservative equivalent of a two year old screaming for hours on end that his mommy isn't fair.
  12. JakeL
    Feb 20, 2007
    The worst thing you can imagine -- on a bad day.
  13. spazzblaster
    Feb 23, 2007
    I didn't even watch it but I'm voting just to bring it's rating down, so suck it you closeted queer-ass asspublicans!
  14. DeniseB
    Feb 27, 2007
    Not worth watching.
  15. JeffA
    Mar 3, 2007
    For the love of god. I don't know what was more lame, the skits themselves or the fat white red-staters in the audience laughing like jackasses. Somebody put out of my misery, please, before I accidentally stumble upon this trash again!
  16. toddz
    Jul 9, 2007
    Wow, this show is bad
  19. TimH.
    Jul 9, 2007
    What's comedic about this: Apparently Al Gore's son's drug use is the result of a traumatic experience from his childhood (his parents kissing). How is that humorous political commentary? Marching to the same drum of Ann Coulter's dead son comments about John Edwards, and Limbaughs family dog comments about Chelsea Clinton, this show avoids issues and just takes shots What's comedic about this: Apparently Al Gore's son's drug use is the result of a traumatic experience from his childhood (his parents kissing). How is that humorous political commentary? Marching to the same drum of Ann Coulter's dead son comments about John Edwards, and Limbaughs family dog comments about Chelsea Clinton, this show avoids issues and just takes shots at irrelevant things (family, looks, appearance). But hey with the right doing such a screwy job with the county, what really do they have to joke about? Expand
  20. ScottU.
    Aug 16, 2007
    Being told to come up with material of a sort isn't as effective as having a message one wants to deliver. This is pure crap.
  21. Jim
    Oct 11, 2007
    This show is about as funny as invading a country based on fabricated evidence of weapons of mass destruction. No matter how hard they try, they'll never match the comedy in using the exact same fabrications to invade another country, 5 years later. The creators of this show shouldn't be too upset that they lack humor, however. their reptilian single-minded approach to life and This show is about as funny as invading a country based on fabricated evidence of weapons of mass destruction. No matter how hard they try, they'll never match the comedy in using the exact same fabrications to invade another country, 5 years later. The creators of this show shouldn't be too upset that they lack humor, however. their reptilian single-minded approach to life and politics has allowed what was a marginal faction of ignorant, backwards country bumpkins to virtually dominate America's political process. Instead of trying to out lib the libs, the cons on Fox "News" should embrace their lack of culture and sophistication, perhaps with 30 minutes, every Sunday night, of dead air or perhaps paint drying. Expand
  22. KevinK
    Feb 16, 2007
    This show sucks!
  23. Chelsea
    Feb 18, 2007
    Actually worse than expected. Political bias aside, this was just plain horrible.
    Sick.
  25. EZ
    Feb 19, 2007
    Small focus, silliness, and poor delivery plague this show. It's so bad the hosts even try to explain their jokes sometimes (which makes them even worse).
  26. ChauncyW
    Feb 26, 2007
    I have never gave a review 0 out of 10 before because usually I kind find some sort of redeeming value. However, this truly deserves 0 out of 10. No joke.
  27. JustinB.
    Aug 25, 2007
    This show physically pained me to watch. I wanted to give it a chance, regardless of the political leanings. It's not funny. It's not even "so bad it's funny." It just made me feel like I was dying. It's seriously /that bad/. If you want to laugh, just watch the real Fox news.
  28. DarleneB.
    Sep 2, 2007
    Rest in peace, Fake News Show by the already Fake News Network. But please stay dead. I can't imagine what a Pet Sematary version of your show would be like.
  29. BobR
    May 13, 2007
    Absolute 0... I like watching FOX news, it's entertaining to see those lackies blab on about subjects they know nothing about, but this... Absolute garbage. And for the record, Stewart and Colbert may lean left, but this show is outright Conservative and heavy handed.
  30. Erebus
    Aug 15, 2007
    "Funny Conservatives" is an oxymoron.
  31. ChrisD
    Feb 28, 2007
    I've only seen a small clip, but it's enough to show how force this show is. The humor is really bad and the audience sounds really forced (reminds me a bit of the America's Funniest Home Videos audience). You don't have to be Democrat to love the Daily Show, but it doesn't matter which party you are for this one: it sucks on both ends.
  32. Jun 10, 2011
    What makes the daily show work is that it exposes the absurd. If you watch stewart regularly you know that he will attack both the left and the right with mockery, however Fox is a favourite target because no other network contains more absurdity. You could make a whole show lampooning Glen Beck alone. Like everything on Fox, the 1/2 news hour tried to promote a political agenda, thisWhat makes the daily show work is that it exposes the absurd. If you watch stewart regularly you know that he will attack both the left and the right with mockery, however Fox is a favourite target because no other network contains more absurdity. You could make a whole show lampooning Glen Beck alone. Like everything on Fox, the 1/2 news hour tried to promote a political agenda, this show, however did it under the pretence of humour. In the end a comedy show has to be funny and the 1/2 hour news hour was never funny. It attempted to be funny but first of all the writers were horrible and the fact they focused 100% of their attention on the left doomed them. Not only did they lose mountains of humorous material by doing this but they came across as phoney. Compounding to this problem is that Fox has the oldest demographic of all cable news networks. If Fox viewers want comedy they'll watch Charlie Chaplin. Expand
  33. WalterM
    Mar 2, 2007
    Great show! Get more current for some who have short memories. Go for the Damocrat leaders. TYhey are pathetic!
  34. JamesD
    Oct 9, 2007
    Some of the bits weren't funny, but overall the show was good. They had some good segments poking fun at the left, which of course the left hated.
  35. TimM.
    Feb 16, 2007
    No, it's not great. But why in the world would TV critics - the most liberal group of writers in the industry - like right wing humor?? The fact that TV critics would fawn over The Daily Show and hate guys like P.J. O'Rourke is predictable. I was amused by the Coulter stuff, but the moment you put her on TV, the left jumps out of its skin. Bottom Line: Reviewing right wing fare No, it's not great. But why in the world would TV critics - the most liberal group of writers in the industry - like right wing humor?? The fact that TV critics would fawn over The Daily Show and hate guys like P.J. O'Rourke is predictable. I was amused by the Coulter stuff, but the moment you put her on TV, the left jumps out of its skin. Bottom Line: Reviewing right wing fare is Mission: Impossible for the Critical left. Expand
  36. David
    Feb 19, 2007
    Enjoyed the gags, especially the ACLU bits. It's a fun change of pace from the standard comedy news that i'm used to seeing on SNL or the Daily Show. Refreshing.
  37. MikeP
    Great show!
  38. bobg
    Apr 3, 2007
    This is a great show, needs to be extended to an hour. Its nice to see what real people think instead of the liberal dripple that the main stream news seems to report. sometimes it seems like the big 3 networks all get there reports from the same reporter?
  39. jr
    Feb 18, 2007
    Odd intro, but very funny obama segment and t-shirt parody. Ill watch it again.
  40. dougm
    Feb 19, 2007
    Nice ironic Twist to the typical garbage called political humor. Canned laugh has got to go though, let the satire speak for itself
  41. SteveG
    Feb 19, 2007
    I loved it. It is about time.... It will be a must see for the people sick and tired of the left bashing the right.
  42. johnf
    funny, very funny
  43. JenniferD
    Feb 19, 2007
    Excellent! Finaly TRUTH in journalism!!!
  44. AbeI
    Feb 20, 2007
    It was a riot. I would like to see it every night.
  45. dough
    Feb 21, 2007
    Aww, the poor liberals don't like satire about the truth. They have the daly show, kind of. How about decent review without politics.
  46. HughJass
    Feb 20, 2007
    This is a little funnier than the critics say. Not extremely funny, but still funny.
  47. JamesF
    Feb 26, 2007
    A seriously FUNNY show. The ACLU skit, VP Ann Coulter and the part with the "6-degrees" global warming guy were hilarious. Notice how many of the low reviews are just blog entries? Metacritic didn't even bother to add the Washington Post's rave review, since it might have messed up their averages. The only thing that would make it better is if they were more up-to-date, but that A seriously FUNNY show. The ACLU skit, VP Ann Coulter and the part with the "6-degrees" global warming guy were hilarious. Notice how many of the low reviews are just blog entries? Metacritic didn't even bother to add the Washington Post's rave review, since it might have messed up their averages. The only thing that would make it better is if they were more up-to-date, but that will change when Fox picks up the show for good. Well done! Expand
  48. JohnB
    Feb 20, 2007
    At last the answer to those smug arrogant fools on Weekend Update. And this is actually funny!
  49. eclipsgtboy
    Feb 20, 2007
    I love it. Finally a show that gives back a little something to the lefties. Of course they don't find it funny! It touches their golden man, Barack Obama. There is SOOOOO much material out there. Go for it!
  50. TawneC
    Mar 11, 2007
    funny..the ratings are good from the people..and negative from the liberal press. Your own medicine doesn't taste so good huh?
  51. TomB
    Mar 10, 2007
    Outstanding!! Very funny!
  52. DumontR
    Mar 2, 2007
    Haven't seen it yet, but with alll these low ratings it must be good
  53. micks
    Mar 3, 2007
    I enjoy the subject, could use some improvments, after all the Bush bashing, nice to see a little left bash. Enjoyed "Reel Politics" duing the Academy Awards
  54. JosephG.
    Mar 4, 2007
    Hahaha. Great show with wonderful moments of humour. I'm eager to see where they go once they're out of the pilot stage. I wish some of those shirts were real. Only reason it has poor ratings on this website is all the lefties are offended by the subject matter. If they had an open mind maybe they'd laugh a little more.
  55. Traci
    Jun 11, 2007
    For those of us who are actually informed regarding the news and the countries' leaders, the show is pretty good. The ACLU ads are excellent as well as Dennis Miller's rants. The rest of the show will probably evolve as it continues.
  56. BobDole
    Jun 10, 2007
    Excellent show, you shouldn't just let liberal wieners do all the ratings.
  57. GregL.
    Jul 1, 2007
    WOW! I mean WOW! The 1/2 hour news hour is the most hilarious show ever. I mean take the cure for Hillary Ambivalence Syndrome. it's........... get this....... OxyClinton. Oh ya! OH YA! I 'm laughing so hard I can barely stay in my seat. OxyClinton. Ya.... thats right, OxyClinton. Whew. A real side buster. So for all you liberals that don't find this funny, just listen to WOW! I mean WOW! The 1/2 hour news hour is the most hilarious show ever. I mean take the cure for Hillary Ambivalence Syndrome. it's........... get this....... OxyClinton. Oh ya! OH YA! I 'm laughing so hard I can barely stay in my seat. OxyClinton. Ya.... thats right, OxyClinton. Whew. A real side buster. So for all you liberals that don't find this funny, just listen to the uncontrollable laughter; listen to it!I You can't fake that................OxyClinton, man thats funny. Expand
  58. JackW.
    Jul 8, 2007
    How do you judge comedy? Some people laugh at Monty Python, some people don't. Some people wet themselves when they see somebody get hit in the crotch, some don't. I didn't laugh once whilst watching this. In fact I was cringing most of the time. But I think you have to take it in context. Compared to something like "Family Guy" this isn't funny. But compared to Anne How do you judge comedy? Some people laugh at Monty Python, some people don't. Some people wet themselves when they see somebody get hit in the crotch, some don't. I didn't laugh once whilst watching this. In fact I was cringing most of the time. But I think you have to take it in context. Compared to something like "Family Guy" this isn't funny. But compared to Anne Coulter calling Edwards a faggot, I guess a Marion Berry joke looks kind of witty, even if half the TV audience will need to check wikipedia (or conservapedia) to understand the reference. Expand
  59. HenryS.
    Sep 30, 2007
    I think this show is great! Lots of laughs. But this Sunday night it was not on (9/30/07). I certainly hope Fox has not pulled the show off the air because it is definitely better than the other shows that try to offer similar venues. If it is off, please bring it back quickly. Thanks much.
  60. DrewM
    Oct 21, 2007
    I am really pissed that they took it off the hour. My Sundays were actually lived waiting for this show. It was a great answer for us conservatives. Finally the left is getting bashed in a funny -- It was a great show and I will REALLY miss it..
  61. rC.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Loved the show...sorry it's off the air. The fact that the Libs don't get it, even makes it better. They don't get the Bible either.
  62. Dan
    Oct 5, 2007
    Finally, someone makes fun of the left. The left probably doesn't get any of the jokes or is offended by the show.
  63. JPosa
    Feb 19, 2007
    Great show. The liberals are all crying foul on this one. The truth hurts, doesn't it. Fox is laughing all the way to the bank. HA,HA,HA!!!
  64. JordanM
    Feb 19, 2007
    Well, it must be the best show ever made, cause a lot of liberal drones hate it!
  65. BillW
    Feb 19, 2007
    Finally, a show that exposes the truth about liberals and liberalism in very funny way. Illustrating liberal absurdity through satiric humor.
  66. GINAR
    Feb 19, 2007
    This show is great and alot of us conservatives would like to see this come about, it just shows that the left has no sense of humor and I think this is great comedy!
  67. BobY
    Feb 19, 2007
    I expected poor comments from the pathetic left. It's about time some conservative humor poked at them.
  68. EdwinC
    Feb 20, 2007
    This was a very funny show. Weedend update has been lame for two years now and this is very refreshing. I hope this has a looooooooong run on fox news.
  69. Brian
    Feb 21, 2007
    I have only sean about 8 minutes of the show but what I saw and read I am very sad I missed it. Rush was a hoot as was the ACLU commercials. I loved the BO magazine and pay to call Hltlery (that is not a miss spelling). Overall very very funny!
  70. MatthewJ
    Feb 25, 2007
    A solid start to what should turn out to be a great show. God knows there's enough material coming from the loony left every day. Some of the jokes fell flat, sure, but about 80% of the first episode had me and my buddies in stitches. That's a much higher ratio than Colbert (which this show beat in the ratings, by the way). One more thing: I don't like how Metacritic is A solid start to what should turn out to be a great show. God knows there's enough material coming from the loony left every day. Some of the jokes fell flat, sure, but about 80% of the first episode had me and my buddies in stitches. That's a much higher ratio than Colbert (which this show beat in the ratings, by the way). One more thing: I don't like how Metacritic is skewing these ratings. Including the Slate "review," which was simply a review of the short Youtube preview is unprofessional. It's like adding a review for a film even if the reviewer admitted they only saw the trailer. Expand
  71. Rich
    Mar 12, 2007
    Finally the liberals who control all of the newspapers, and 99% of television (we'll exclude FOX, for obvious reasons, but don't you dare try saying the other television stations and channels are conservative) have a program that makes fun of things that the lefties believe in so much. The show is done in satire. If you knew what satire is, you'd understand the show's Finally the liberals who control all of the newspapers, and 99% of television (we'll exclude FOX, for obvious reasons, but don't you dare try saying the other television stations and channels are conservative) have a program that makes fun of things that the lefties believe in so much. The show is done in satire. If you knew what satire is, you'd understand the show's meaning. And yes, we're all saying that this is a Conservative response to the Daily Show..to say this as a negative comment is invalid, because remember---the Daily Show is a rip of of Weekend Update (another liberal show that hasn't been funny since the 90s). Suck it up---if you don't like it, don't watch it. Expand
  72. Ted
    Mar 7, 2007
    Wow. It's amazing that the left thinks they have the corner on funny. Give the show some credit...the stuff on the ACLU was hilarious. While the Daily Show delivers mostly veiled ad hominem attacks, this show actually lets you laugh at the sheer lunacy of the left in this country. No name calling necessary. It doesn't surprise me that left-leaning critics didn't like it. Wow. It's amazing that the left thinks they have the corner on funny. Give the show some credit...the stuff on the ACLU was hilarious. While the Daily Show delivers mostly veiled ad hominem attacks, this show actually lets you laugh at the sheer lunacy of the left in this country. No name calling necessary. It doesn't surprise me that left-leaning critics didn't like it. And not for nothing, but The Daily Show didn't start off as successful as it currently is. I'm willing to give this a few episodes to finds its groove. The first episode was funny enough to deserve it. Expand
  73. PeteT.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Funny stuff! ! !
  74. MattS.
    Jun 12, 2007
    What a great and refreshing show! It just goes to show that anything the left-wing critics hate is absolutely worth watching. The political satire is absolutely a scream, especially seeing the people usually caressed by the the media and not subject to the same scrutiny as the right. This is definitely not a show portraying right against left, it is portraying right against wrong. Bravo What a great and refreshing show! It just goes to show that anything the left-wing critics hate is absolutely worth watching. The political satire is absolutely a scream, especially seeing the people usually caressed by the the media and not subject to the same scrutiny as the right. This is definitely not a show portraying right against left, it is portraying right against wrong. Bravo Fox News, bravo! Expand
  75. KathyH.
    Jun 3, 2007
    It's hilarious! I love it! Finally, a conservative answer to the very leftist Saturday Night Live, Daily Show genre. You just know it really is ticking the liberals off.
  76. LindsayB
    Jun 8, 2007
    Thank Goodness conservatives can laugh at what all the rest of the world is to the left on. Don't be mad democrats that you are getting the truth being told.
  77. HappyRight-Wing
    Jun 8, 2007
    Great show and tells the truth about the world issues unlike the liberals that like to cover the truth and lie.
  78. ChristopherC.
    Aug 20, 2007
    it was good to have a conservative answer to the daily show, or snl or so many other left-wing programs. and despite the poor user reviews, the show had good ratings all till the end. some jokes may be hard to get if you don't agree with the viewpoint. overall i found it quite funny.
  79. DavidO
    Feb 18, 2007
    It is about time that the "right" has its own program. The fact that all the liberal reviewers came in against the show is a strong prediction of potential success! As usual, they (liberals) can dish it out, but they can't take it!!! Keep going 1/2 Hour News Hour!!
  80. TracyH
    Feb 18, 2007
    I find it hard to believe all of your critics have negative comments. Can you say "liberal bias?"
  81. alh
    Feb 18, 2007
    What's funny is watching all the KommieLib media critics pan this show. It's as automatic and reflexive as their love or hate of any other issue/politician/celebrity. Liberal/Democrat/AnybodyButFox - good ....... Conservative/Republican/Fox baaaaad. The show's not great, but it will (probably get better). If not, it deserves to go. We don't want it stinking up the What's funny is watching all the KommieLib media critics pan this show. It's as automatic and reflexive as their love or hate of any other issue/politician/celebrity. Liberal/Democrat/AnybodyButFox - good ....... Conservative/Republican/Fox baaaaad. The show's not great, but it will (probably get better). If not, it deserves to go. We don't want it stinking up the place. Big Al Expand
  82. CiaraT
    Feb 18, 2007
    I thought the show was hilarious and I hope to see it become a regular series. Take that liberals hypocrite's!
  83. GregS
    Feb 19, 2007
    If John Stuart is a 10, then this is at least as good. Pay attention to the Liberal critics rating of this show. All the more proof that the Left is too stupid to ever be trusted with any judgement.
  84. BrentH
    Feb 19, 2007
    It's no wonder the "mainstream media" newspaper quotes trash "The 1/2 Hour News Hour" and hurriedly predict the show's demise after one episode. It's about time fair balance included poking fun at liberal sacred cows. Kudos to FOX and Joel Surnow. Keep the laughs coming!
  85. doug
    Feb 22, 2007
    Ahh, such a great illustration of the difference between libs and conservatives. The libs pan the lone conservative comedy show out-of-hand because it dared insult their religion. But conservatives can easily watch Stewart/Cobert/Letterman/Mahr .etc without getting their panties in a bunch. As for my 7 rating, some of the jokes fell flat, but most were dead on target.
  86. scalex
    Mar 11, 2007
    good satire. Lighten up all you lefties.
  87. PaulW
    Mar 15, 2007
    Very funny stuff... Finally some balance to the Daily Show and other left wing show!
  88. MaryF.
    Jun 11, 2007
    At last......humor directed at the correct target.
  89. johnd.
    Jul 11, 2007
    great show. conservatives have been pushed around by tv liberals for too long. the jokes aren't even half bad. the sad part is that liberal critics will be reviewing this, and give it a terrible rating. too bad, this is what television needs. balance
  90. JeanB.
    Jul 17, 2007
    I think all those "0" votes are "left" handed.
  91. LindaM
    Jul 22, 2007
    I guess all the people reviewing this that say The Daily Show has no tilt haven't watched it lately. After Bush was re-elected, Jon Stewart totally lost it. He started preaching so much that I just couldn't watch it anymore, which is sad, because I really did enjoy the show before that. Now it's just unwatchable. Colbert is a little more fair, and I really can appreciate I guess all the people reviewing this that say The Daily Show has no tilt haven't watched it lately. After Bush was re-elected, Jon Stewart totally lost it. He started preaching so much that I just couldn't watch it anymore, which is sad, because I really did enjoy the show before that. Now it's just unwatchable. Colbert is a little more fair, and I really can appreciate his brand of humor, even though I am (*gasp!*) a conservative. However, I'm more than ready for a show that speaks with a voice I can almost hear coming from myself. They do try my patience a bit when they jump on the Christianity issue (I'm an atheist, personally), but I'm really willing to forgive that. I'm saddened by the fact that I feel as though I can't even watch programs that used to be my favorite because of how one-sidedly and outrightly insulting they've become (Family Guy, and The Daily Show...I miss you.), but hopefully this will fill the void left by their loss. So far, they're doing a bang-up job. Expand
  92. ChrisF.
    Sep 17, 2007
    I found the show to be entertaining and very appealing. The jokes were tasteful and smart, not lewd or the crude that you find on most SNL type shows.
  93. EloyV.
    Jul 22, 2008
    Great show.
  94. DrunkenMaster
    Feb 21, 2007
    How funny is the "half hour news hour"? Well, if you find the realization that Barack Obama's initials = BO hilarious, this is right up your alley. Otherwise (ie, if you have an IQ higher than that of a Basset Hound), stikck with The Daily Show. Raving rightwing reactionaries just aren't funny.
  95. MarkD
    Feb 21, 2007
    Wow ... just ... wow. This show is historically bad, not because it's partisan, but because it just isn't funny. There is a fine line between satire and hateful insults, and this show is on the wrong side. But that's what happens when you start a show not to be funny, but to further an ideological agenda. The fact that this is on what is supposed to be a NEWS network Wow ... just ... wow. This show is historically bad, not because it's partisan, but because it just isn't funny. There is a fine line between satire and hateful insults, and this show is on the wrong side. But that's what happens when you start a show not to be funny, but to further an ideological agenda. The fact that this is on what is supposed to be a NEWS network doesn't help, either. Expand
  96. EmmaM
    Feb 20, 2007
    Unbelievably horrible!!! This show is painfully unfunny.
  97. RossA
    Feb 21, 2007
    A satire doesn't work if you parody a different world altogether (whatever planet Fox lives on, because its not mine rofl). However, that complete lack of cohesion made this show unintentionally funny, so I give it a 1 for mockery purposes. Fox's ultimate paradox is that it has a parody news show on the worst news station on television. Before it gets to make fun of "good" news A satire doesn't work if you parody a different world altogether (whatever planet Fox lives on, because its not mine rofl). However, that complete lack of cohesion made this show unintentionally funny, so I give it a 1 for mockery purposes. Fox's ultimate paradox is that it has a parody news show on the worst news station on television. Before it gets to make fun of "good" news stations, it might want to consider getting its own. This show will be canceled in 6 episodes, tops. Expand
  98. PeterJ
    Feb 22, 2007
    These kind of shows work by taking news of the moment and playing with them. This show takes liberal personalities and piles on with no reference to a current event. This makes it more of a hatchet show than a News type show. That being said, hatchet shows CAN be funny. This one is not. Even the republican press is groaning at the canned laughter, the stilted delivery and the peurile These kind of shows work by taking news of the moment and playing with them. This show takes liberal personalities and piles on with no reference to a current event. This makes it more of a hatchet show than a News type show. That being said, hatchet shows CAN be funny. This one is not. Even the republican press is groaning at the canned laughter, the stilted delivery and the peurile jokes. In fact, the only people who seem to like it are the ones giving it 10s on this board. Lose the canned laughter, make it more topical and look like your having a bit of fun and maybe, just maybe, this show could be salvaged Expand
  99. JC
    Feb 20, 2007
    When I was a kid we did fake news shows that even embarassed us then. This show is worse. The critical scorn has nothing to do with its politics, it is just the very worst program possible with no rival in decades. In one case, a line that could have been very funny was delivered as if the person saying it had no idea what the actual humor was. It took me a while to notice that "hey, that When I was a kid we did fake news shows that even embarassed us then. This show is worse. The critical scorn has nothing to do with its politics, it is just the very worst program possible with no rival in decades. In one case, a line that could have been very funny was delivered as if the person saying it had no idea what the actual humor was. It took me a while to notice that "hey, that was actually funny". One of the problems with this show is that it has to make up stuff about the people it is supposedly making fun of, such as Cindy Sheehan (a completely non-violent person) going on a shooting spree. It doesn't have a clue about reality and therefore has to make up lies to ATTEMPT to be funny. It also tends to be nasty. Contrast that with other shows that are genuinely funny that take reality and real clips and let the absurdity of ALL of us stand out on its own. The "real" world is silly enough and doesn't need help. That the writers have to resort to falsities may be a pretty good example of how people of this persuasion seem to be way out of touch with reality. This could be a window into the distorted, paranoid, and fearful mind of many cons. Expand
  100. AldousT
    Feb 22, 2007
    Okay, I watched the whole thing, which was hard to do, but I wanted to be fair and give it a full chance. I am giving it a 2 (as opposed to a 0), because I did smile ONCE. With better writers, this show MIGHT stand a chance, but as of this pilot, it looks pretty grim.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 11 Critics

1. A look at the first episode suggests that, just as A.M. radio is the unassailable province of the right, TV might better be left to the left.
  2. "Weekend Update" on its worst night isn't this bad.
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    You couldn't skewer a cube of tofu with material this dull.