The Americans : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 30, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.6

1. Feb 28, 2014
    Am I missing something, I watched the first season and wondered what all the hype was about. A couple of psychopaths living together who have no problem killing and manipulating everyone they come into contact with, are we supposed to care what happens to them ? I certainly didn't. Season two more of the same.
  2. Mar 12, 2014
    I love the plotline. I love the cast. However i loathe the extreme sexual content. Do we really need to see them engaged in 69?? Do we need to see blowjobs??? Sadly i will never watch this show again.

1. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Feb 27, 2014
    Elizabeth and Philip react with the appropriate amount of fear for and protectiveness of Paige and Henry. No doubt, this will further widen the cracks already forming in their political/professional resolve, but there is no going back: The Americans puts the kids front and center.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Feb 27, 2014
    Sometimes watching greatness expand and realizing that a foundation is in place for the future (excellent writing, superb acting, a clear conceptual vision) is just the kind of assurance you need to cement your allegiance.
  3. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Feb 27, 2014
    The Americans can be wrenchingly emotional, and it’s terrifically well paced. But it doesn’t take itself overly seriously, and while the show looks pretty good it’s not the most cinematic series on the block.