The Batman : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 11, 2004
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.1

1. Jun 3, 2015
    First, let me say that this show, is in no way Batman The Animated Series.
    So don't even try to connect the two together because they're practically 2 different shows with different styles, storytelling, etc (though they kept the red skies).
    First, let me say that this show, is in no way Batman The Animated Series.

Now... With that said, I have nothing but good things to say about this show. The atmosphere is dark, gritty, and at times, light hearted. Though some changes such as the appearance of the Joker and Bane compared to their normal appearance was rather odd (and dare I say, even stupid), you'll hate it at first, but eventually you'll soon learn to overlook it and just enjoy the characters as well as the show.

The writing for what it's worth is great, though a tad bit childish at times, though it's never extreme or cringey. Remember: we live in different times, so I doubt we'll ever get episodes like Mad Love or Heart of Ice or Baby Doll anytime soon. But let me tell you, this show can turn pretty dark at a moments notice. My favorite example is how in a standalone movie involving Dracula and vampires, the Joker and Bats pretty much fight it out... inside a blood bank... Just reading that makes you think to yourself "Wait... This is a kids show?" The scene was super creepy as a kid, but ultimately, pretty impressive and effective when looking back at it now.

Basically, if you haven't checked out the show, and were interested, you can't go wrong!

My only real issue is that I think Tom Kenny's voice is annoying, by personally, that's just me.... Oddly enough, it fits the Penguins character pretty well...
    Feb 4, 2013
    Honestly, this was my BTAS. This is the series that I grew up with, so I loved it! It gives me the felling of nostalgia looking back at it; just as those who cherish BTAS respectively.
  3. Jul 14, 2012
    This has a pretty cool look to it and it is genuinely different, which is why I am giving it a positive review. I like how they went in a different direction with this show just like they did in Batman Beyond, but it still doesn't reach the heights of Batman: The Animated Series.
  4. Feb 5, 2012
    An insult to Batman. The show recreates the characters (especially the villains), in a bizarre fashion. There is no excitement like the original BTAS. This the period when cartoon TV just starts targeting Kids.
  5. Nov 7, 2010
    Funny characters and small connections to the movies makes this cartoon series fun for children and adults alike. You just have to get over the fact that they changed the look of a few characters.

There are no critic reviews yet.