4.5

1. Mar 5, 2013
    The best history channel documentary since "Mankind". It is the perfect blend of history and biblical significance. It is a great documentary that everyone should watch. It's awesome.
  2. Mar 11, 2013
    First tv show I've been hooked on since 24! Given the subject I'm surprised the reviews are this good. Each story is sticking with me in an unexplainable way. These are classics that will still be watched long after higher rated shows are forgotten. It speaks the truth plainly. We wouldn't know of this story if Christ had not rose from the dead. Israel would not be here if the world had its way today or throughout history. The film has never been more relevant. Collapse
  3. Mar 28, 2013
    Very well written screenplay, leaving the bulk of the scriptures. One of the best reproductions of the most important book for humanity. The editing is brilliant making the show very dynamic. Everything contributes to want to know more about all these fantastic stories. I recommend.
  4. Mar 25, 2013
    This show is very impressive. Its production values are high, its cast dedicated and talented, and its musical score composed by none other than Hans Zimmer is a true masterpiece. Strong conematography and powerful performances make this a worthy attempt to capture the spirit of the greatest story ever told. Haters will hate, especially after that little controversy regarding Satan being portrayed so *ahem* accurately, but the show's historic ratings speak for themselves. Peace. Expand
  5. May 14, 2014
    This is the most professionally done film on the Bible I've ever seen, it has a very unknown cast and they are terrific the acting it top quality I was surprised, I don't understand why The Bible has so many negative reviews but there is no truth to them.

This show was excellent overall and I highly recommend it.

There's no character work here, no interesting reinterpretations of a classic text, no inspired acting. Just cardboard characters surrounded by CGI frippery.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Mar 4, 2013
    The Bible according to Burnett and Downey is a handsome and generally expensive-looking production, but it is also flat and often tedious, even when it tends to the hysterical, and as hard as the Hans Zimmer soundtrack strains to keep you on the edge of your sofa.
  3. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Mar 4, 2013
    With the pace of a music video, the characterizations of a comic book and the political-correctness quotient of a Berkeley vegetarian commune this production makes Cecil B. DeMille look like a sober theologian.