4.5

1. May 1, 2013
    There are so many thing wrong with the show i CBA to explain
  2. Mar 9, 2013
    When Noah is telling the Book of Genesis to his family I knew this would not be good....and it isn't. Everyone has a different accent....even Scottish. Cringe worthy.
  3. Mar 7, 2013
    The beginning was promising. I actually loved Noah telling the story of creation while riding out the flood. Very effective. But after that it just got really silly. Too corny. Ill admit, I'm an atheist so I'm watching this series because I believe it's one of the greatest story's ever told. Unfortunately it's being presented in a way that can be pretty off putting to those who are looking for entertainment and not a religious experience. I understand I'm not the target audience but even the annoying Christian ads seems to be a bit forced. Bottom line, if you're a believer you can probably look past the corniness since its meaningful, but for us nonbelievers, the show is as silly as we think your belief is. Expand
  4. Mar 17, 2013
    "The Bible", like "The Vikings" and "Mankind" before it, is clearly being sold as an entertainment product rather than an educational one. I converted away from Christianity years ago but am quite well versed in most of the stories and parables of the Bible and History Channel's presentation of them are appallingly inaccurate. I can only hope they don't make a series about Buddhism.
  5. Mar 26, 2013
    There are bad shows based on Good books and horrible shows based on not so good books, but this is a steaming pile of a show based on a story that makes no sense.
    This show is a collection of fragments of stories that do not connect together at all. The ability to write a good story has come a long way in the last couple of thousand years.
  6. Mar 14, 2013
    Ye, gods! Now this is one silly, silly, show. But, nice to see they took out all the nasty pieces found in the bible stoning children for disobedience, genocide,, the rape of non-jews by jews as god-given spoils of war and so on and made Jesus seem a cool Western European guy despite being born in the Middle East 2000 years ago. Bit sad that I couldn't see the dinos on the ark, though; the people at the creation museum won't be happy! Still, this is the "History Channel", no, wait, it's... not really, is it? Expand
  7. Mar 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Historically inaccurate, incredibly biased, poorly written. Much like the book upon which it's based, and the target audience, it cherry-picks what it wants you to know and shovels all the bad parts under the rug to pretend they never existed. Certainly does not belong on the History channel.

Also, Jesus dies at the end.
  8. Mar 25, 2013
    I really wanted to be into it, but the whole story line was just way too unbelievable. It took me out of it.
  9. Mar 25, 2013
    If you're going to do a story about Jesus Christ, get it right! Last night episode was TERRIBLE...there was so many incorrect scenes and storylines....if a person wasn't familiar with the account about Jesus, last night wouldn't have helped in any way, poorly written, acted and protrayed the so-called consultants that they used should have known better to agree to such inconsistencies and it goes to show you that a lot of people who produced this movie know NOTHING about Jesus and the Gospel accounts Big Disappointment! Expand
  10. Mar 26, 2013
    Oh I have an idea! let's take some Bible characters and Bible stories and make up our own versions of them! Let's change it up a bit. I think we can improve on some of the characters and stories. People won't know the difference anyway. We can make a really popular TV show, have some nice music in the background, and some really good special effects, and people will love it. I review Episode 4 in my blog. (www.chipvickio.blogspot.com) Expand
  11. Aug 15, 2013
    Well, from what I've seen, this tv series is below average. It has quite bad acting, and the characters who are crying just sound really ridiculous. Also, this series isn't really accurate compared to the real bible. I suggest to the actors they they improve on their acting and their accuracy on the bible. At least the ninja angels looked awesome.
  12. Mar 30, 2014
    What's that? It's hard to image a way of telling the Holy Bible as far as this. A fabulous tale for minus habens without any sort of spiritual tension or searching of a religious message. Special effects, that everyone may conceptualize, tries to keep high tension within the misery plot. Nothing to share with the grandiosity of Cecil DeMille or the amazing plot of Nicholas Ray

There's no character work here, no interesting reinterpretations of a classic text, no inspired acting. Just cardboard characters surrounded by CGI frippery.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Mar 4, 2013
    The Bible according to Burnett and Downey is a handsome and generally expensive-looking production, but it is also flat and often tedious, even when it tends to the hysterical, and as hard as the Hans Zimmer soundtrack strains to keep you on the edge of your sofa.
  3. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Mar 4, 2013
    With the pace of a music video, the characterizations of a comic book and the political-correctness quotient of a Berkeley vegetarian commune this production makes Cecil B. DeMille look like a sober theologian.