• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2007
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9
7.1

1. Feb 5, 2012
    This season genuinely sucks. Sheldon has gone from hilarious to annoying. Raj is one of the worst characters on television. Some of the storylines have become downright creepy. What happened to this show? Amy (Mayim Bialik) is quite possibly the only thing this show has left before it becomes a travesty.
  2. Sep 30, 2011
    The most un-funny, brain cell-killing program on the air. I seriously can't believe that people ACTUALLY devote the time they can be using to watch Community to watching this.
  3. Oct 1, 2011
    I sorta like it. It's not funny whatsoever but the nerdiness is cute. This is on at the same time as Community so I usually watch Community instead, but I do watch this sometimes. Jim Parsons is a good actor.
  4. Oct 2, 2011
    Most overrated show ever. I mean, it's a bunch of nerds trying to be sexy and the women in their life continuously turn them down? Why is this a hit?
  5. Oct 3, 2011
    Why in the world is this show so popular? It is very and ahead the worst show on television. Parks and Recreation and Raising Hope blow this show away. Jim Parsons should not be wasting his talent on this.
  6. Dec 9, 2011
    My husband and I are physicists, this show is terrible. None of the science references are correct and the stuff that "Sheldon" says in nonsense. We don't let our kids watch it, and frankly they don't care. You want to watch a good comedy series? Watch something like Parks and Recreation or 30 Rock. Not this cheap, poorly made and lazy-written excuse for a comedy series.
  7. Dec 13, 2011
    This season continues the downward trend. Sheldon is nothing like his former self. I understand the writers were trying to appeal to a broader audience by bringing in Amy and Bernadette but they have failed miserably. Those two have detroyed the show. Penny and Sheldon were the comedic epicentre for this show and now they rarely even speak to one another. Also Amy has somehow started to replace Penny. Penny is just a drunk now with hardly any lines. The writers need to get rid of Amy, make Bernadette appear far less often and let Penny and Sheldon hang out more. Its the only way to save the show. it stopped being funny after season 3. Expand
  8. Feb 5, 2012
    I used to love this show but it has become so undeniably terrible. Everything about it sucks now except for amy. Sheldon is getting really annoying and raj is really creepy. I can't watch it anymore. Needs to go back to season 3 humor.
  9. Feb 23, 2012
    One of the two most "aaaawesome' shows (read the hint) is getting a de-rection. The writing is horrible. i mean why force amy on penny like that!!!! its not fun anymore, its kinda lame. plus, the one or two dialogues that raj does get are so ............ i mean we get it. he is dorky , he is a guy whose behaviour can be kinda homosexual..... enough already, i mean stop with the gay dialogue if you don' t want him gay. dont force tickle to induce laugh!! Seriously, lameeeee alert. Expand
  10. Mar 18, 2012
    The show is slowly falling from a humorous and enjoyable show to a mediocre and somewhat annoying show. The show is by no means bad, but the jokes are being recycled to often, and the behavior of the character's are really starting to get on my nerves. Sheldon, is beginning to become an annoying, self-righteous, stuck up, unforgiving person who every other character just seems to hate. The rest of the characters are all portraying the same emotions, which is tired and annoyed. And with such tension going on, the audience really does not feel the friendship that binds the characters together anymore. And this sadly kills the series and makes it so much less enjoyable to watch. Expand
  11. Jul 10, 2012
    The Big Bang Theory has only few shiny, funny moments, which are well written, joyful to watch and became at least more frequent than in former seasons. Obviously, those moments mainly base on mostly fantastic performances by Jim Parsons. He's the soul of the show, fixing the script by acting the hell out of it, which gained him many well deserved awards. But at some point, as reached many times already, Parsons isn't able to make a screwed up script look funny. This show has never been, and won't be able to compete with those which are able to combine good writing an good acting, as e.g. Modern Family, Parks and Rec and 30 Rock.

In the end, one personal thought: The last time, a show using laugh track has won an Emmy was Everybody Loves Raymond in 2005. I am capable of knowing whether something is worth laughing about or not. Fake laughs aren't comedy. Today, there is not one show that could possibly compete with Frasier or the already mentioned Everybody Loves Raymond.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 2, 2011
    It's bright and obvious as a cartoon yet written with a clean, precise patter of jokes. It's also very well cast. [12 Dec 2011, p.45]