• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 16, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
5.9

1. Jul 15, 2011
    Nobody thinks this show is funny, or good. The acting is sub-par, the writing is horrible and the plot line is gruesome and inaccurate. Please cancel it. Thank you.
  2. Sep 7, 2011
    Linney and her supporting cast are excellent. The plot is ticking along well and the dark comedy still seeps through effectively and Sidibe in particular shines.
  3. Oct 2, 2011
    This will be the show that kills Laura Linney. Both literally and figuratively. I have no idea why she agreed to do this. Very preachy and repetitive and overall not well written. I am giving it a 1 because I like the supporting cast, especially Gabby Sidibe
  4. Oct 2, 2011
    I have seen better, especially from Laura Linney. This show could possibly ruin her career, as well as that of the remainder of the cast. The writing just isn't good anymore.
  5. Oct 2, 2011
    IHATETHISSHOWIHATETHISSHOWIHATETHISSHOW. The first season was okay but the second season was beyond awful. God did Laura Linney become annoying. I used to LOVE HER TO PIECES but this show has forever changed my opinion. Good job Showtime. Good job.
  6. Oct 2, 2011
    This is comedy? I'm sorry, I haven't laughed once while watching this. I find Laura Linney annoying and she looks like a bulldog. Gabby Sidibe is great, but the rest of the cast is horrible.
  7. Nov 27, 2011
    If you want to see a GOOD cancer performance, check out Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad. Because honestly with this show you will just get angry. This is a bad show.
  8. Nov 27, 2011
    One of the worst shows in a long time. It's full of wasted talent and bad writing. Its not funny, its not even good at being dramatic. Would anybody really be upset if this show got cancelled? No.
  9. Jan 9, 2012
    Laura Linney needs to go back to movies. This show is an unorganized and inaccurate projection of cancer with a main character that is far too unlikeable.
  10. Dec 29, 2011
    This show is fantastic. I love the different feel of season 2 - seeing LInney and Platt's character working together makes them one of my favorite couples on television right now. I truly love Linney in this role - this is one of the shows that can make me laugh and cry within the same five minutes. Absolutely wonderful and riveting - here is hoping that Linney wins the Golden Globe again!This show is fantastic. I love the different feel of season 2 - seeing LInney and Platt's character working together makes them one of my favorite couples on television right now. I truly love Linney in this role - this is one of the shows that can make me laugh and cry within the same five minutes. Absolutely wonderful and riveting - here is hoping that Linney wins the Golden Globe again! My only critique is the Nixon character - I loved her in Sex and the City but she has grown to be grating. Hopefully there will be less of her in season 3. 10/10! Expand
  11. Nov 20, 2012
    The show has a good pilot episode, which i would give a 9/10 too. But the later episodes are more a 6/10. Linney is very funny, and she deserved the Golden Globe. I haven't seen the second season yet but i hope it is funny.
  12. Oct 8, 2013
    Season 2 demonstrates brings back the comedy, but really it pounds on the heart. The cast remains perfect, the comedy is still laugh-out-loud funny, and the screenwriting improves amid a couple of stumbles of goofiness.
  13. Dec 23, 2013
    This has been one of the best seasons of television I have had the privilege of watching. The second season improves on season one in many ways. The character plots are stronger. Each character has their own thing, and sometimes those stories will intercept and become entangled. The best two episodes (Episodes 6 & 12) both stretch the limits of the show, and it is better for that. ThisThis has been one of the best seasons of television I have had the privilege of watching. The second season improves on season one in many ways. The character plots are stronger. Each character has their own thing, and sometimes those stories will intercept and become entangled. The best two episodes (Episodes 6 & 12) both stretch the limits of the show, and it is better for that. This season is fantastic. Even though it isn't as funny as the first season, it is definitely stronger in the emotional category. A must see. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Jun 28, 2011
    Having a character and her family deal with a potentially fatal illness is such a rich arena for both drama and black comedy, but so far, The Big C hasn't been able to mine that topic with consistent freshness and depth.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Jun 27, 2011
    Linney is a fine actress, but her material here doesn't match her talents.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 27, 2011
    The Big C feels much more alive, even though it's a show about a woman, Cathy (Laura Linney), who's dying of stage 4 cancer.