• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 16, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
6.7

1. Oct 2, 2011
    A weak show. It has no potential. The first season was very poorly written and didn't really establish a function-able storyline which was evident by the erratic changes every week. Laura Linney, "the greatest actress of this decade," is failing that false title dearly and has plummeted to the B-list by taking part in this show.
  2. Oct 31, 2010
    I don't think anyone is laughing!! Just more crap from show time.. Give me a real comedy any day!!
    Great actors poor script! Why have a character you would grow to hate. This has completely missed the mark. It's always about sex violence or drugs with show time. I have to switch to HBO.
  3. Apr 29, 2012
    Excellent acting from all actors except for Cynthia Nixon, who is just re-enacting the exact character she played in Sex in the City, (in fact I believe her lines are even borrowed from SIC). Admittedly there are some amazing lines delivered in very genuine way. But the acting and above average lines are where the show has decided to restrict itself to. The
  4. Jan 9, 2012
    Not a good show by any stretch of the imagination. People need to get over Laura Linney. She's not making this show better. It's a failure on a gargantuan scale.

Linney and this role were made for each other. There are a few problems with The Big C. Occasionally, the tone veers off course into forced comic absurdity. But my cavils are irrelevant in the face of Linney's extraordinary work.
  2. Linney, who also serves as executive producer, is luminous as always. But the first three episodes fall into a predictable pattern of Cathy confronting someone and dropping cryptic comments about her diagnosis.
    It's unclear how many more seasons Cathy will survive, and how much humor can be mined from her pain. The visuals just might stay with you, though, as long as you live.