• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 7, 2011
  • Season #: 1
7.1

1. Feb 9, 2011
    i find it very interesting that 4 of the bad reviews on here have one thing in common they all gave the cape a ten do i sense some hating going on cause the cape only has a 54 in ratings and the chicago code has 75 which means the cape has more of a chance at getting cancelled mmmm i wonder lol whoever reads these reviews do not make up your mind based on these reviews watch the show yourself and decide because there is some big time hating going on here lol Collapse
  2. Feb 9, 2011
    The Chicago Code comes out swinging. Bodies pile up at an alarming rate even for an urban jungle. The cast looks fantastic (although Jennifer Beals as the beautiful Police Superintendent is a bit of a cliche). The Alderman may be a bit too evil. I mean come on! You can't kill everybody....not even in Chicago. At this rate they'll be no cast members left by the end of the first season. Here's hoping for a guest appearance from Rod Blagojevich. Expand
  3. Feb 8, 2011
    A great first episode, I am eagerly awaiting more. The actors were very interesting, with great characters and dialogue. I am very glad to see something new like this from Mr Ryan. It will be interesting to see what they can do with the format.
  4. Feb 14, 2011
    I had high hopes coming into this show and all were exceeded by the end of the broadcast. Between the plot twists, awesome characters, and quick paced, this show will become a permentant part of my Tuesday evening. This is the best drama to come from FOX since 24.
  5. Feb 14, 2011
    Great show! The characters are very realistic. The first episode too much information for one hour, but after watching the second it's coming together. I hope this Chicago Code makes it. It's nice to see the neighbor hood. It took me awhile to figure out who Jennifer Beals was but now I figured it out (Flashdance). The second episode kick butt from the first!
  6. Feb 16, 2011
    I'm from California, but have lived in Illinois long enough to realize the corruption that "is" Chicago politics. The whole point of the show is to fight corruption, and they do. With mixed and realistic results. The characters are what makes this show work. The "head cop" is idealistic, tough minded, and admirable in her wish to rid the Windy city of nascent corruption and power freaks. Her former partner is an incredible egoist and talent, but even more interesting is his side-kick, who seems smarter and more self-possessed. I love the characters, I love the situations, I love moral dilemmas, and I love the realistic gray area that this show portrays. Whether it lasts more than half a season is another matter altogether. Good luck, Chicago Code! Expand
  7. Sep 12, 2011
    I hope Fox will continue to air The Chicago Code. It is my favorite TV cop show. It is very entertaining, fast paced, good acting, good plot. This is a very promising show. Please don't cancel.
  8. Jul 5, 2011
    For pity's sake some channel pick this one up, like you did with the excellent Southland. It's far too good to toss on the trash. Good plot, good acting, good direction.
  9. Feb 23, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of The Shield, so The Chicago Code had a lot to live up to for me. Shawn Ryan didn't disappoint. Yes, it's a prime time cop drama on a major network, so there are going to be some compromises made, but it doesn't pull too many punches and is surprisingly good.
  10. Aug 17, 2011
    With the likes of Jason Clarke, Delroy Lindo, Jennifer Beals, Matt Lauria, and an equally outstanding backup cast, The Chicago Code has a slam bang, honor roll, can't miss cast. Aside from the fact that it outranks all other new cop fare on the tube, it was also the best offering FOX had for the season. Thankfully, someone was smart enough to give it a second chance. If you're looking for realism, don't watch tv cop shows but, if you want exciting, dirty, gritty cop drama, this is the first place to stop. Expand
  11. Oct 19, 2011
    To all of you ppl. I watched this series and being honest its the 2nd best series after House MD.The polt is brilliant gets you to the action making to watch the next episode.Shame theres not 2 season but all whats good ends quick. Sham. All the best to all Scottish, English, Irish lads in USA!!

1. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Feb 9, 2011
    It's extremely well cast, uses its Windy City locations beautifully and has an energy that grabs you pretty much from the first scene. Monday nights are really, really crowded, but you need to make room for this show.
  2. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Feb 8, 2011
    The show is point-blank, but somewhat brilliantly so.
  3. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Feb 7, 2011
    The show is an intelligent addition to the Fox lineup, with both the broad canvas of "The Wire" and the street procedural of "NYPD Blue" in its DNA.