• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 27, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
3.6

1. Jul 4, 2011
    People who think this show is funny think that black tragedy is a joke. I got so bored watching it I had to force myself to continue. Lack of humor maybe?
  2. Dec 25, 2011
    Somebody please make him stop, Seth McFarlane has yet again conceived a failed abortion spawned by his previous piece of garbage that isn't even as bad as this. He is not creative, has no taste in comedy, and is copying the Simpsons in plot structure (which Family Guy barley has) and the animation style. The Cleveland show is boring and tasteless like its director.
  3. Oct 17, 2010
    Even if you're still a fan of Family Guy after 9 or so Seasons, you're really going to struggle to last through any episode of The Cleveland Show. Giving a spin-off to such a minor character always felt like a bad idea, and it becomes downright terrible when they change what little personality Cleveland had into being an unlikable jerk. He's now got the irresponsibility of Peter and the smothering father characteristics of Stan. The rest of the cast are practically clones of the Family Guy cast; flat mom, fat son, talking baby, talking animal, group of 3 drinking buddies, with the daughter being a copy of the Hayley from American Dad. Add to that unfunny jokes that lack the silliness of Family Guy or the timing of American Dad, uninteresting plots, forgettable episodes and characters; you've got such a lacklustre show it could only be described as "The most pointless spin-off ever". Expand
  4. May 8, 2011
    Wow, I'm a major Family Guy fan. It's pretty much one of the only shows on television I watch, sigh, but this Cleveland Show is amazingly one of the worst shows on television I have ever seen. I hate to say it, but it just seems like MacFarlane or his writers tried to put together a black Family Guy. It makes me wonder, do they really think this is humorous to the black family or are these depictions of the black family supposed to be funny? I really love the humor in racism, but when something racial is supposed to be funny, but it's not, then it's just, well, awkward. What a fail. Collapse
  5. Jun 4, 2011
    Cleveland lacks humor. All the Jokes are not funny. How can Seth Macfarlane think this is worth airing? Cleveland himself tries to be funny but after his jokes you think 'What the Hell' are you meant to laugh. Rallo and Cleveland Brown Jr are the only ones I find remotely, the Rest of the Cast is boring.
  6. Jul 5, 2011
    This show is an unsuccessful spin off of Family Guy. From the first episode it didn't have as good writing as Family Guy or the jokes that Family Guy has.
  7. Aug 14, 2011
    Family guy sucks but this is so much worse, fox needs to stop jerking off to seth macfarlane. All his shows are the same dam thing their just about stupid disfunctional families. Seth Macfarlane is untalented in every way possible he needs to crawl under a rock and die because im sick of him and im not the only person that thinks so.
  8. Jun 12, 2013
    I've been a fan of Family Guy since its very first season and, even if it’s not exactly been at its best the last few years, I continue to watch semi-regularly to this day. Basing a spin-off series on the Griffins neighbor Cleveland Brown however always seemed like a strange idea and having watched the majority of this first season I can safely say it just doesn't work. Often trying to imitate the type of humour that has made Family Guy successful it falls flat more often than not and I won’t be tuning in to season two. Expand
  9. Sep 24, 2011
    THE CLEVELAND SHOW has the same premise as FAMILY GUY, the show it is spun off of, and slightly unlike it, this is never funny. I only watched one episode, which was the Kanye West episode from the first season, and I declared immediately after that I would never watch again. I laughed once--oh, that was the time I forced myself to nervously laugh. This is so dumb that it's not even funny, unlike other shows when you find yourself cracking up because of their stupidity. Not worth your time. Expand
  10. Feb 5, 2012
    I have no idea who the clowns were that made Seth McDoucheLane make a third horrible show. Family guy was decent a decade ago, but it's been awful since it came back on air, and now everyone worships it as some pinnacle of humor when it's just gross-out humor with bad 80's movie ripoffs.

If you're looking for a good cartoon, don't watch this.
  11. Jan 10, 2012
    A third Seth McFarlane show on Fox Sunday nights? Give me a break already.

It's the same tired formula, weak jokes, and obscure references to stuff nobody cares about now and nobody cared about 10-20 years ago when it still had some limited relevance.

Fox needs to dump this turd already.
  12. Feb 18, 2012
    Why was this made. Family Guy is played out, and this is just a really, really, really bad version of Family Guy. Shame on fox for letting McFarlane take a dump and call it television. This show, is making America dumber by the second. Disgusting
  13. Dec 20, 2012
    The rare miss in Seth MacFarlane's glittering back catalogue of animation, The Cleveland Show comes across stale and unfunny, with little character development to speak of and very little likeability all around. Unlike Family Guy and American Dad, the show has no identity of its own, relying bizarrely on racism to provide any edge that it has. Characters like Roberta have zero presence throughout, and even the zany characters like Tim the Bear feel forced and unimaginative.

It's hard to envisage Cleveland Show still having a series to speak of if the network didn't want to keep Seth happy. As it stands, it may be worth putting this little side project out of it's misery and concentrating on the infinitely superior Family Guy and American Dad.
  14. Jun 2, 2012
    Absolutely horrible, Not only is it a copy of Family Guy, but it's also worse, and that's saying a lot considering the state of Family Guy today. MacFarlene should stop making TV series.
  15. Oct 19, 2012
    The Cleveland show IS THE MOST PATHETIC SPIN OFF EVER and here's why it's too racist, the plot was too quick and the jokes are pathetic I mean I loved Cleveland on Family Guy but when he gets his own spin off it would be too stupid so just end this series Seth McFarlane just this one
  16. Jun 20, 2013
    I love Family Guy, Almost anything on Adult Swim, American Dad, But this show was a Let Down. I could not get more then a few episodes in and I gave up.

1. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    The new show is more conventional and warm-hearted--but only slightly. If I had to sum up the humor in one word, it would be "random."
  2. Cleveland has a few delightfully outrageous moments, along with several that are gratuitously gross ("hot fur," anyone?), but its most disconcerting element is its significant resemblance to "Family Guy."
    Actually the dimly befuddled Cleveland works pretty well as a foil to the collection of redneck psycho neighbors, oversexed stepchildren and Russian bears (don't ask) who make up the cast.