Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
8.7

1. Sep 15, 2010
    Stephen Colbert is awesome! I actually like him more than Jon Stewart. I love how he mocks the guys at Fox News indirectly, calling them allies, but continually making them look like fools.
  2. chrisp
    Oct 25, 2005
    Doubt this will last. As many seem to have said, the character works in short bits on DS opposite Stewart as straight man but it makes little sense on it's own. It's not bizarre or out there enough to be a complete spoof like Ali G nor is it serious enough and educational as Daily Show can be. The interviews are painful because with him playing this character he has no way to Doubt this will last. As many seem to have said, the character works in short bits on DS opposite Stewart as straight man but it makes little sense on it's own. It's not bizarre or out there enough to be a complete spoof like Ali G nor is it serious enough and educational as Daily Show can be. The interviews are painful because with him playing this character he has no way to balance serious questions with serious guests against the schtick. They just have an awkward vibe. My guess is the show will not last after 1 season, the concept is off. He either needs to go 100% spoof or the opposite. Watching Colbert playing a character while at the same time attacking serious issues just doesn;t work Expand
  3. CarlC
    Mar 1, 2007
    Big spinoff of the daily show. Do we really need two shows of people making fun of the news?
  4. Shane
    Oct 19, 2005
    Colbert has obviously never been the host of a TV show before. He stumbles over his words enough for it to take away from the enjoyment. His interview of Fareed Zakaria was definitely the work of a beginner. I don't know how Jon Stewart was when he first started out, but Colbert definitely has work to do. I see this show as having enormous potential when he does hone his skills. He Colbert has obviously never been the host of a TV show before. He stumbles over his words enough for it to take away from the enjoyment. His interview of Fareed Zakaria was definitely the work of a beginner. I don't know how Jon Stewart was when he first started out, but Colbert definitely has work to do. I see this show as having enormous potential when he does hone his skills. He has to do that before it has potential, though. Expand
  5. Raoul
    Oct 22, 2005
    I'm afraid Colbert has locked himself into playing a parody of one character. After the first week, it's already a little tiring. I miss the freedom he had on the Daily Show to play multiple different types. This is a skit that can't sustain itself as a daily show.
  6. JeffS
    Oct 20, 2005
    I wasnt entirely convinced after the debut episode, but the next installment demonstrated some comedy chops familiar to 'Daily' fans and carved out a promising format for Colbert. His persona becomes funnier the more we believe in it.
  7. MuktarA
    Oct 20, 2005
    I love this show! I was a bit nervous about how it may turn out, but i love it so far. I think the Colbert is very capable of pulling this one off. give it a year and it will be the show everyone is talking about.
  8. RalphD
    Apr 7, 2006
    Excellent satire, skewering Left and Right, Up and Down. Much better than the Daily Show, which we all know is a half-hour propanda diatribe disguised as a comedy show. Stewart's attempts at humor often come off as just nasty remarks.
  9. MichaelS
    May 3, 2006
    Just brilliant. I suspect that what you think of this show has a lot to do with your political point of view. But Colbert is fearless, and his sense of timing is impreccable.
  10. HalleyR.
    May 5, 2006
    There are only two television shows I watch anymore: the Colbert Report and the Daily Show. Which is better? I cannot say. What I can say is there's not another show on television that measures up to these two.
  11. stever
    Sep 10, 2006
    you can't really help but like how he mocks even the most cynical political types.
  12. DaniellaP
    Jan 8, 2007
    Stephen Colbert Rox! The Colbert Report is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen by far!
  13. AndyD
    Feb 2, 2007
    Extremely clever and charismatic, Colbert brings the political hypocrisy The Daily Show exposes into skit-like form.
  14. josephd
    Mar 10, 2007
    The Steevan Colebear Rapore is as [contrived] as contrived can be!! It's so [over the Top] it's unfunny!! His play on words,along with all his ego-related subject matter makes him such super-hero. Trying to hard to be funny can sometimes be [boring] Stevo
  15. JoE.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Best show on TV
  16. AmberH
    Oct 19, 2005
    The first shows aren't without flaws -- some bits fall a bit flat -- and I definitely worry that I won't find it as funny in a year as I do now. That said, Colbert is hilarious, and the morons he's parodying have been on TV for years. So why shouldn't he pull it off?
  17. kierf
    Oct 19, 2005
    television needs shows like the colbert report. the daily show is the opening act for stephen colbert's show!
  18. C.B.
    Oct 20, 2005
    A great companion piece to the Daily Show. Lots of potential. Does anybody remember how lame the Daily Show was in the beginning? To Rick H., if you have not watched the Fox News Channel. you're not going to get what the point of The Colbert Report is. And, you probably have not thrown anything at your TV lately either.
    Oct 21, 2005
    Fuggin. Genius. Hopefully Colbert will continue to get better as his popularity skyrockets...
  20. RobS
    Oct 20, 2005
    The first couple episodes have been great. I can't wait until Joe Scarbrough is on the program in November. That episode is going to be pure gold.
  21. A.C
    Oct 21, 2005
    hilarious. it's so great! I wasn't sure if he'd be able to keep it up after the opening show, but last night was brilliant. keep it up stephen!
  22. ChadS
    Oct 20, 2005
    Colbert's deconstruction of "The O'Reilly Factor" was spot-on, without actually being funny, because O'Reilly's show is already inherently satirical. Don't take the Irishman so seriously. He's just an entertainer. More successful was his interview with Stone Phillips. His subsequent interview with Leslie Stahl sort of fell flat. Colbert has to figure out if Colbert's deconstruction of "The O'Reilly Factor" was spot-on, without actually being funny, because O'Reilly's show is already inherently satirical. Don't take the Irishman so seriously. He's just an entertainer. More successful was his interview with Stone Phillips. His subsequent interview with Leslie Stahl sort of fell flat. Colbert has to figure out if his guest is funny or not before he lays out the interview format, and adjust accordingly to their strengths and weaknesses. Collapse
  23. MattS
    Oct 20, 2005
    Colbert is much rawer, much looser than Stewart. So things don't always go right, but more often than not, it's hilarious.
  24. BrianS
    Oct 20, 2005
    Really excellent show. Colbert's character is one of the best things on The Daily Show though, so I hope it [TDS] doesn't suffer without him.
  25. KenO
    Oct 20, 2005
    Great opening show! I hope that he can maintain this parody in the long run.
  26. mitchelllm
    Oct 29, 2005
    its french, b****
  27. BenH
    Oct 10, 2006
    Scathingly ironic humor. You won't like if it you really serious about politics; oh and Stephen Colbert never went to an Ivy League School, and never graduated at the top of his class...
  28. JasonR
    Mar 20, 2006
    Giving the Daily Show a run for it's money... and you know that's saying a lot.
  29. BrandonS
    Mar 5, 2006
    The best show on television since the Daily Show.
  30. GisliB
    Mar 7, 2006
    "Knock knock. Who's there? The Truth. No joke." The Colbert Report is the very epitome of excellence--steven is monument to modern Americanism and a brilliant beacon of hope to the opressed Republican masses. The Right finally has a voice in the vortex of bleeding-heart liberalism that is the US media, and it sounds sweeter than the Gipper talking Russia. Watch the report, stay in "Knock knock. Who's there? The Truth. No joke." The Colbert Report is the very epitome of excellence--steven is monument to modern Americanism and a brilliant beacon of hope to the opressed Republican masses. The Right finally has a voice in the vortex of bleeding-heart liberalism that is the US media, and it sounds sweeter than the Gipper talking Russia. Watch the report, stay in school and, most importantly, watch out for bears. Expand
  31. NateC
    Jul 16, 2006
    This man is my hero. I watch this show along with the Daily Show every Monday through Thursday. The guy just knows what he is talking about. He does the best impression of Conservitive, nationalist, and Catholic news anchors that at some points I believe him. I then realize that it is hilarious. Truthiness!
  32. DavidR
    Apr 12, 2007
    Even when Colbert takes his on-screen persona as far over the top as it can possibly go, he is still funnier than the smuggest man on the planet, Jon Stewart. Where Stewart will have a guest on his show one day promoting a 1,000 page book on Einstein and then another guest the next promoting a 500 page book on Colonial America, Stewart will look the author right in the eye and lie by Even when Colbert takes his on-screen persona as far over the top as it can possibly go, he is still funnier than the smuggest man on the planet, Jon Stewart. Where Stewart will have a guest on his show one day promoting a 1,000 page book on Einstein and then another guest the next promoting a 500 page book on Colonial America, Stewart will look the author right in the eye and lie by saying it was a great book and worth the viewers time. How is he reading 1,500 pages of material so fast while still coming in to work every day and raising a family? Colbert doesn't have to lie constantly to be charming and appear intelligent. Bravo to Stephen and best of luck to his great show! Expand
  33. MelH
    Oct 10, 2008
    Finally, a show that is intellectually stimulating AND funny. Sure it's not for everyone, but neither is football to the groin 'common man' humor. It's great to have a show aimed at above average intellect but at the same time has enough funny for everyone.
  34. DustinC
    Dec 2, 2009
    Absolutely fantastic show, the writing is great, as is the talent, you really can't deny the quality of the show.
  35. MikeG.
    Nov 10, 2005
    It's solid, but I often find that I sometimes am not interested in watching the entire half hour. The first segment is usually strongest, and The Word is more often than not genius. The rest of the show sometimes gets a little draggy, and Colbert's interviews are weak. His style of constantly interrupting the guest doesn't make for good TV - it's as if he's It's solid, but I often find that I sometimes am not interested in watching the entire half hour. The first segment is usually strongest, and The Word is more often than not genius. The rest of the show sometimes gets a little draggy, and Colbert's interviews are weak. His style of constantly interrupting the guest doesn't make for good TV - it's as if he's shouting, "ME, ME, ME! My 15 minutes are almost up!" This seems like a show that could go either way - it'll either find itself and become a huge cult hit or it will grow pretty old in about six months. Expand
  36. MatthewM
    Nov 3, 2005
    So let me get this straight, CNN and FOX can go 24/7, but a half hour of Colbert is too much? Give me a break. This show is perfect. I love Stephens hamming it up to the audience when he jogs over to interview the guest. That is classic. Stop annalyzing the show to death and just sit back and laugh.
  37. AlconS
    Oct 18, 2005
    Wonderful! I am very much worried that Colbert will be able to keep it up, but this is a perfect compliment to Stewart's shoe. I'm not a fanboy, although I am a fan. This is excellent television.
  38. LauriS
    Oct 19, 2005
    Has its hiccups yet it also has plenty of potential. Looking forward to see what comes out if this show as it matures a little.
  39. hopesprings
    Oct 20, 2005
    brilliant...the second and third shows were equally amusing.
  40. Matt
    Oct 21, 2005
    I like the show, it is a good piece to the Daily Show instead of airing the current one, and last night's one. I wished Steve Colbert was back on the Daily Show, since the scenes he did were far better than what the new guy does.
  41. HollisH
    Brilliant!
  42. Alex
    Oct 20, 2005
    It hurts watching Jon Stewart on the daily show and then Colbert. He just cant do it as well as Stewart can. Has some really funny parts, but stumbles over lines way too much. The interviews seem more akward then funny, although they do have their funny parts. I hope Colbert settles in and does more with the show then he is now. He needs some more tips from Stewart.
  43. ronb
    Oct 24, 2005
    I watched it for a week and it is just great and is getting better everyday. I an using quotes as my away message in my AOL
  44. Ian
    Oct 26, 2005
    Great show. Do you really get it?
  45. HollisH
    Brilliant!
  46. GlennM
    Oct 27, 2005
    pretty hilarious and definetely fun to watch after the daily show.
  47. Kyle
    Dec 8, 2005
    A Tek Jansen adventure.
  48. ErinM
    Oct 28, 2005
    you are funny Stephen. Very very funny.
  49. AlexD
    Oct 29, 2005
    This show is incredible. While the Daily Show maintains itself on one-liners and references to liberal ideology that often don't make a point in themselves, the Colbert Report actually dissects issues and contains a surprising amount of analysis beneath its humor. Moreover, it doesn't just stick to one side of the political spectrum but remains centrist and critical of all This show is incredible. While the Daily Show maintains itself on one-liners and references to liberal ideology that often don't make a point in themselves, the Colbert Report actually dissects issues and contains a surprising amount of analysis beneath its humor. Moreover, it doesn't just stick to one side of the political spectrum but remains centrist and critical of all points of view. In fact, Colbert performs a remarkable balancing act in framing conservative viewpoints as jokes while choosing his language to be objective, fair and not dismissive. A good example is the bit he did on polar melting. Liberals find it funny because they can pretend whatever is said is ridicule, while conservatives find it funny because what is said has a good bit of truth and isn't worded to imply it didn't. This is a very intellectual show, and it's a shame that it's likely to be doomed because most people simply aren't going to appreciate it for its insight. Also, its timeslot following the overwhelmingly and militantly liberal Daily Show (and indeed its place on Comedy Central) is going to put off a great deal of people who would find much to like. The fact that most reviews don't even highlight its intelligence makes the situation cripplingly worse. Expand
  50. BrettS
    Oct 31, 2005
    More topical hilarity from Comedy Central. Very funny, especially if you watch fox news at all.
  51. StamaS
    Oct 30, 2005
    Some of the finest, cleverest satire on TV, ever. So what if it is hard to sustain, we are lucky to even have a week of this -- much less a season. Plus, the show (and the character) are just getting their sea legs. I predict it will morph into parady, with a reversion to high end (dare I say it) serious conversation, at times, during interviews -- and some people will get this roller Some of the finest, cleverest satire on TV, ever. So what if it is hard to sustain, we are lucky to even have a week of this -- much less a season. Plus, the show (and the character) are just getting their sea legs. I predict it will morph into parady, with a reversion to high end (dare I say it) serious conversation, at times, during interviews -- and some people will get this roller coaster of satire shifting, and some won't. Expand
  52. SoniG
    Jan 10, 2006
    Stephen Colbert cracks me up. These days it seems the only way we can stomach our politicians is to laugh at them, and no one gives us more to laugh at than Colbert. Can't wait for Season 1 on DVD!
  53. Gnarles
    Jan 12, 2006
    I didn't care for it much at first, but it's really grown on me. Once you fully adjust to what Colbert is doing, it's often hilarious. There's a little bit of dead air on just about every episode, but I expect this to fade with time, as the writing - and Colbert's acid delivery of it - continue to improve. "The Word" is alone enough of a reason to tune in to this I didn't care for it much at first, but it's really grown on me. Once you fully adjust to what Colbert is doing, it's often hilarious. There's a little bit of dead air on just about every episode, but I expect this to fade with time, as the writing - and Colbert's acid delivery of it - continue to improve. "The Word" is alone enough of a reason to tune in to this O'Reilly-baiting hoedown. Expand
  54. alexk
    Jan 29, 2006
    Oh come on people, this show rules! I hate to admit it, but I like this show way better than the Daily Show, but then again I have always been a Colbert fan!
  55. AaronS
    Jan 5, 2006
    Funnier than the daily show, but not quite as smart or political.
  56. MartyC
    May 7, 2006
    Funniest man now on TV.
  57. MikeR
    Jun 14, 2006
    Great show that will last as long as Bill O'Reilly still pumps out the material.
  58. canrocks
    Jul 14, 2006
    Contrary to most of the established reviewers, I thought the show began weakly. Colbert has morphed into an unbelievably rich character that can sustain a series as long as the real Colbert is able. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he is now funnier than Stewart.
  59. JB
    Aug 12, 2006
    Topped only by the Daily Show as a source for comical takes on real events, and perhaps due to surpass if/when the Daily Show gets stale.
  60. marshab
    Sep 21, 2006
    can't get enough; esp. the politicians and guests who haven't figured out that they actually look stupid!
  61. WesU
    Sep 20, 2006
    As long as the Myspace / Starbucks generation is going strong, this watered down version of The Daily Show will stay on the air. The two stars goes to Colbert for going from top of his class at an Ivy League school to an unfunny program on basic cable.
  62. NickR.
    Oct 16, 2007
    A nice counterpoint between the very silly and an intelligent satire, taking the pundits to the consequences of their ideas, and offering a well thought (and needed) perspective.
  63. BobM
    Mar 30, 2007
    Brilliant show
  64. NickM
    Apr 1, 2007
    By far the worst show I have ever seen. I don't understand how people can think this crap is clever!! Anyone can act like an asshole, that doesn't mean they're funny!!! Colbert is an overrated fad that any educated person will turn off.
  65. JoeA
    Apr 26, 2007
    You have to hand it to a show that convinces Shawn Penn to appear on air in a Meta-free-phor-all (a competition of metaphors) after ridiculing the celebrity for several weeks for his own particularly bad metaphor. Colbert also invited the computer animation geeks in his audience to create a backdrop for his own improvised light saber duel. The submissions were spectacular! His guest You have to hand it to a show that convinces Shawn Penn to appear on air in a Meta-free-phor-all (a competition of metaphors) after ridiculing the celebrity for several weeks for his own particularly bad metaphor. Colbert also invited the computer animation geeks in his audience to create a backdrop for his own improvised light saber duel. The submissions were spectacular! His guest interviews are not as polished as Stewart's and he frequently flubs punchlines, but his self parody is as on-target as his political parody so we forgive him. When The Colbert Report aired, I was sure it would tank. As another reviewer writes: "Do we really need two shows of people making fun of the news?" The Colbert Report has become much more. Ben and Jerry have named an ice cream flavor after him and his response was a jab at them for opposing the use of synthetic bovine growth hormone (aka "Jesus juice"--check out the Comedy Central site for a clip of the segment). The show is sharp, funny, and taking way more chances these days than the Daily Show. However, I fear that the Times critic is right. The appeal over-the-top persona will eventually fade. Watch him while he's hip. Expand
  66. timr.
    Jul 11, 2007
    I didn't realize just how good Colbert's satire was until I watched a little of Bill O'Reilly. Colbert nails the formula for conservative pundits. And it's really funny.
  67. JohnS
    Jul 24, 2007
    These reviews are all based on the debut of the show. It has improved significantly since then.
  68. JustinB.
    Aug 25, 2007
    Like others have said, these reviews are based on the debut. I didn't like the show when it started, but I really do now. It's not quite as good as The Daily Show, but it takes bigger risks and isn't as formulaic. It also helps if you watch it regularly.
  69. DavidV.
    Jul 22, 2008
    Colbert is indeed a hoot but at the same time is a bit too predictable. At times it feels like 1/2 hour news hor (shudders).
  70. mathewi.
    Feb 6, 2009
    Colbert is easily one of the funniest people on television, this show rank up there with 30 rock and The Soup as can't miss TV.
  71. DanB.
    Nov 11, 2005
    The first few shows I watched had some off moments, but overall it makes me laugh out loud every episode I see and is more often funny and clever than not. The interviews have been mixed. Oh and the DaColbert Code segment will hopefully not be done again.
  72. RickH
    Oct 19, 2005
    Really great moments of attitude and wordplay, but I'm not really clear on what the whole point of the show is.
  73. NickH
    Oct 19, 2005
    'kier f', don't give this show too much glory. The Daily Show is "an opening act"? That's a little generous, don't you think? When "Report" starts winning Emmy's (it could happen, Colbert has some FROM The Daily Show) then we can start talking about what is better. I'm not bashing it, though. It has potential... but will it be possible to keep this sort 'kier f', don't give this show too much glory. The Daily Show is "an opening act"? That's a little generous, don't you think? When "Report" starts winning Emmy's (it could happen, Colbert has some FROM The Daily Show) then we can start talking about what is better. I'm not bashing it, though. It has potential... but will it be possible to keep this sort of paraody running every night, every week, every month, every year? Remember, it's not the ever-changing news that's being made fun of, it's the stagnant anchors. They're already annoying and pompous enough, let's just see if Colbert can keep bringing the funny with this attitude - without himself becoming a pain. I'd like to see him stick around myself, I have to know what threat those 'babies' will pose next. Expand
  74. ChrisC
    Oct 19, 2005
    Good show, defintely good enough to watch after the Daily Show when I have nothing else to do. But I don't know how long it's going to stay funny over a long period. I can't imagine how this format can really be kept fresh. It's kind of like he's playing a character in a comedy sketch, and doing a variation on the same sketch every episode. Also, I wonder how Good show, defintely good enough to watch after the Daily Show when I have nothing else to do. But I don't know how long it's going to stay funny over a long period. I can't imagine how this format can really be kept fresh. It's kind of like he's playing a character in a comedy sketch, and doing a variation on the same sketch every episode. Also, I wonder how he's going to keep getting guests. Daily Show interviews are a real interview. Colbert interviews are like an improvisational skit. Expand
  75. JayA
    Oct 19, 2005
    So far, amazingly good - However, I question how long the joke of an absurdly arrogant politcal host can stay fresh.
  76. RodB
    Oct 21, 2005
    Exceptional . . . extremely funny and worthy of the spot next to The Daily Show.
  77. AndrewL
    Dec 1, 2005
    Great delivery, stays in character... "we don't come from monkeys!!"
  78. DennisJ
    Dec 2, 2005
    The episode on defense contractor bribe scandal of GOP Congressman Duke Cunningham was the Funniest show in History ...on TV on that day/hour. The "Duke-Stir" (Cunningham's yacht) could have floated in Colbert's tears. Great job Mr. Colbert!
  79. TomO
    Dec 23, 2005
    The Word is always good, and the other recurring bits are excellent. The only part I routinely skip is the interview. Otherwise: Top Notch.
  80. GA
    Oct 23, 2005
    Just doesn't cut the mustard. The thing that makes him so great on the Daily Show, is that he is the weird guy to John's straight guy. Getting a full half hour of his shtick makes it seem contrived and less than authentic. Hopefully he will find his grove and learn his lines better. The jury is out. The question is, will it last long enough for them to return?
  81. DaveB
    Oct 23, 2005
    Hilarious! Very funny first two eps, though the third wasn't nearly as good.
  82. MargoC
    Oct 27, 2005
    Doesn't work for me. Stephen was so funny on the Daily Show, but he's too fat-headed on his own. How can putting down Rosa Parks be funny? He's verging on nasty and that's not funny.
  83. DanP
    Dec 8, 2006
    Fn Hillarius
  84. 7ranzL
    May 17, 2006
    Perhaps the greatest show on Television (Better then the Daily Show? Hard to say). The Word is one of the greatest segments of all time. The underlying depth of truth in the show makes it even better.
  85. AndrewD
    May 27, 2006
    I've got New Super Mario Brothers on Nintendo Dual Screen. So I know what I'm talking about. The Colbert Report is funnier than a reptilian Peachnapper being chased by Italian plumbers. I've seen the truth, and now I've told you what that truth is. Criaus "Piss off" --every british person alive, by and by
  86. salomee
    Jan 18, 2007
    Colbert is so funny!! ! He's a comic genuis and watching his is a pleasure. I laugh thoughout this magnificant show. I love it and I think that he's one of the funniest people on TV.
  87. JohnC.
    May 27, 2007
    I try as hard as I can to enjoy this since im a big comedy central fan.....but I just cannot stand this moron!!! Absolutly awful!!!
  88. FredJ
    Nov 18, 2005
    This show is great. A nice complement to The Daily Show.
  89. jillr
    Dec 22, 2005
    This show is so clever, and Colbert occupies his character with such energy and skill, that it just sweeps me along on a fantastic ride that bowls over Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh and all the other pompous right-wing blowhards, leaving them as flattened and two-dimensional as they are.
  90. JamesT.
    Dec 17, 2007
    Colbert feels like an absolutely awful extension of the Daily Show. Although it does have its moment's, Colbert's persona feels overdone at times, even to the point where it is necessary to change the channel.
  91. ChrisS
    Nov 13, 2009
    I tend to laugh anytime I hear the name "Stephen Colbert", he's insanity with a touch of class, a political nut job with an interesting underlying message, and is almost always funny. At 4 times a week, that's an achievement
  92. Jun 3, 2013
    Genius! ...there you go Colbert, the Donnelly bump. Oops, need 150 characters, so blah, blah, blah, blah ...hope to bump into you in Jersey sometime.
  93. Jan 5, 2012
    Colbert's satirical sense of humor as well as his off-the-wall style not only breaks through the usual style of political comedy show, but becomes the ultimate part of his comedic genius.
  94. Nov 4, 2014
    Best intelligent comedy show out there. I will miss Colbert when it ends. Few comedians are this quick witted and intelligent. Rarely disappoints thanks to good writing. Daily show on the other hand sometimes falls flat, but Colbert has a better consistency and energy. Have a fictitious host is absolutely brilliant. Steven's interviews are excellent, even with "boring" guests youBest intelligent comedy show out there. I will miss Colbert when it ends. Few comedians are this quick witted and intelligent. Rarely disappoints thanks to good writing. Daily show on the other hand sometimes falls flat, but Colbert has a better consistency and energy. Have a fictitious host is absolutely brilliant. Steven's interviews are excellent, even with "boring" guests you never heard of. Expand
  95. Dec 26, 2013
    It feels weird to say The Colbert Report is an immensely intelligent and witty since the title character is made with the purpose of being a complete idiot, but that is exactly what this show is. I have been watching for years, and it seems like it is only getting better every week. Now I think it might be even better than The Daily Show, and that is impressive.
  96. Jul 7, 2014
    Much better than John Stewart. The main difference between the two is that Stewart will insult Republicans directly by calling them stupid or dysfunctional or retarded, while Colbert just impersonates what a Republican would say. This makes Colbert much easier to watch especially if you lean right. Colbert is also great with puns and wordplay that will make you laugh no matter who you are.Much better than John Stewart. The main difference between the two is that Stewart will insult Republicans directly by calling them stupid or dysfunctional or retarded, while Colbert just impersonates what a Republican would say. This makes Colbert much easier to watch especially if you lean right. Colbert is also great with puns and wordplay that will make you laugh no matter who you are. Great show. One of my favorites. Expand

The biggest question hanging over "The Colbert Report" is whether the show’s sendup of the pomposity and fear-mongering of cable news blowhards will be as appealing in the long term as "The Daily Show’s" satire of public figures and the news media as a whole.
    One of Colbert's strengths has always been wordplay, which is in full force on ''The Colbert Report" and gives the show an added level of wit.
  3. The new show dovetails nicely with its lead-in to present a solid hour of skewered news and punctured pomposity.