• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2010
  • Season #: 1
7.4

1. Sep 25, 2010
    I expected lots of this show. I tried watching this, but right when the first commercial break came up, I made a dash out of the room. I like the idea, and the cast, but the overall show is boring and lame. They get so hyped over a billboard. Then again, I get hyped about commercial breaks. Go figure.
  2. Oct 3, 2010
    the cast is great, the stories are well fit to a 50 minutes show.
    and for sure, after watching a lot of new shows. this is one of the best there is.
    if you love all the law shows, and you want to laugh a little bit, this is the show for you.
    hope it will stay on the air.
  3. Nov 10, 2010
    Great show. If you liked Belushi in according to jim, you will like this. Other then the great acting, it's fun to see the rivalry between the D.A. and the defense lawyers. Easy to watch, easy to follow.
  4. Feb 26, 2011
    I didn't think I would like the show but Jim Belushi does a good job with his character and there are nice twists with the legal battles. It is not deep or preachy and does touch on social issues but without being heavy handed. I find I really am looking to see just how the case will be handled.
  5. Apr 7, 2011
    This is my new favourite show. Intelligent, funny and usually morally conscious, "The Defenders" is a smart legal thriller that outshines predecessors with it's mixture of mystery, humour and drama. I hope this show sticks around because I wasn't much of a fan of Belushi after the horrible "According to Jim" but he shines here, alongside his more than competent co-star Jerry O'Connell who has always put forward his A-Game. A worthwhile show that rewards more and more with continued viewing. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    Defenders at least has a sure grip on its tone. [8 Nov 2010, p.40]
  2. The plots feature lots of creative legal give-and-take to keep the audience amused and guessing.
  3. Although titled The Defenders, there is no mistaking this stubbornly and unaccountably bland legal show for the bold CBS series of the 1960s with the same name.