• Network: PBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 23, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.8

1. Sep 23, 2011
    While the new Electric Company gets an A for Effort (why not an E?), the show misses the mark. The characters have the appeal of an after-school program for older kids but with subject matter suitable for kindergarteners. This show is simultaneously so close and so far from that mark.
  2. Sep 14, 2010
    My sons all love this show. The use of hiphop is an inspired addition to the Electric Company tradition and underscores the important interplay between the written word and the spoken word. I also loved the original, and it was right for its time. The new version is right for our time and for our kids today.

1. Reviewed by: Joan Anderman
    Appealing to a super-sophisticated generation of kids is likely to be the biggest challenge for Sesame Workshop, which is producing The Electric Company for PBS.
  2. Like everything else in the world, the show is faster, louder and busier, which would not necessarily seem to be the best environment for learning.
  3. The only problem here is that once in a while the producers and cast get so enthusiastic about their production numbers, their words become almost unintelligible.