• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 5, 2018
7.9

1. Jan 5, 2018
    It is impossible to not fall in love with the characters and how greatly the story evolves. It truly is a joyful and funny ride. I do hope they come back for a second season, even though the story finished so perfectly I wouldn't know what they could possibly do next. At first, I was surprised at how short in length each episode is, but it's beyond brilliant how they fit together.It is impossible to not fall in love with the characters and how greatly the story evolves. It truly is a joyful and funny ride. I do hope they come back for a second season, even though the story finished so perfectly I wouldn't know what they could possibly do next. At first, I was surprised at how short in length each episode is, but it's beyond brilliant how they fit together. Absolutely loved it. Expand
  2. Jan 7, 2018
    Interesting characters, great cinematography, and stand out performances. This show is the ****
  3. Jan 14, 2018
    Once again British Tv shows showing how its done. TEOTFW is a brilliant coming of age romance about two quirky and weird teenagers who fall in love whilst trying to run away from their past. It is almost the British version of Bonnie and Clyde with a healthy dose of violence, black humour and tenderness. It is cleverly written, well acted, well paced and just flat-out interesting. WhilstOnce again British Tv shows showing how its done. TEOTFW is a brilliant coming of age romance about two quirky and weird teenagers who fall in love whilst trying to run away from their past. It is almost the British version of Bonnie and Clyde with a healthy dose of violence, black humour and tenderness. It is cleverly written, well acted, well paced and just flat-out interesting. Whilst there are many cliche moments and some of the storyline could have been written more naturally, TEOTFW succeeds like no other TV show because its hilariously funny whilst being tender to its core.

One of the best thing about this show is that it only comprises of around 20 minute episodes making it very easy to binge and enjoy. The pace never feels languid and we get a good sense of the world by the end of the series. In many ways this is the British TV version of the 2010 movie Submarine. It has similar characters but also similar way in which it deals with topics such as depression, growing up, rebelling against authority and teenage romance. Also the soundtrack to this series is bloody amazing - easily 10/10 and a must listen.

The only problems (cons) I would say about this show is that the last 3 episodes feel a bit different compared with the other episodes as it is more languid and spends a lot more time with a pair of different characters (so we lose valuable screen time of our protagonists). Also one of our protagonists gimmick (mcguffin) is kind of forgotten half way through the series, so I think it loses a part of the interesting dynamic which made it quirky at the beginning.
  4. Jan 7, 2018
    I typically think everything I watch sucks but holy sh**t. Its not often you see a series of this caliber with stunning acting, a never done before storyline, a series that you truly will remember. If i could relate it to a show it would be, and very deservingly as well, Breaking bad.
  5. Jan 9, 2018
    Trust me, this show is amazing. Watched it in one go. I have nothing to complain. I really hope for a second season.
  6. Jan 20, 2018
    I am not always a huge fan of the British, not because some of them aren't good, just not my cup of tea! I wanted to see what all the buzz was about so took a chance on this Netflix addition. The characters a little awkward at first, but quickly change your perception towards them. Certainly not your warm and fuzzy type of characters, but again you quickly warm up to them. Alex LawtherI am not always a huge fan of the British, not because some of them aren't good, just not my cup of tea! I wanted to see what all the buzz was about so took a chance on this Netflix addition. The characters a little awkward at first, but quickly change your perception towards them. Certainly not your warm and fuzzy type of characters, but again you quickly warm up to them. Alex Lawther as James hits a home run and his co-star Jessica Barden a triple. James is on a mission growing up a very strange young man he has an ambition to kill a human being. Alyssa shows him attention at school looking for someone different to hang out with, and thus starts the series premise. Its a great ride as the two embark on an adventure and meet up with some other quirky characters along the way! Quite a ride and well worth taking the journey on, most episodes are short and easy to binge. This was one series I was glad I went aboard and went along for the ride as disturbing as it was at times. Expand
  7. Jan 29, 2018
    This is a coming of age story that pushes whimsical to it's absolute limits. The f***ing world that this show creates in the first few episodes is so beautifully grounded from reality that you yourself almost feel the numbed naivety of the lead characters.

There are some truly gorgeous cinematic shots in this show that look as though they've been lifted directly out of the center-fold of a comic book. There are similarities in tone to that of an Edgar Wright film.

The total run time of the combined eight episodes fall just short of the latest Star Wars film, which makes it an easily addictive show to binge watch when you consider that it the same length as a feature film.

A true dark comedy that is a must for fans of Edgar Wright films.
  8. Jan 17, 2018
    ótima série, mas contem diversos exageros mesmo assim ela se sobre sai e consegue aniver o publico de maneira fantástica, sendo em que nenhum momento a série faz barriga com as cenas, nota 10!
  9. Jan 19, 2018
    Bonnie y Clyde edgy para millenials con una bella fotografía y bien llevado
  10. Jan 27, 2018
    The series is a short story about two young people who need something more from life than a boring routine, and that they have always felt that something is wrong with them so they choose the way of young anger and run away from home. Realization at a very high level, good acting and hilarious convention of black comedy.
  11. Feb 2, 2018
    A short story that draws on black mirror lines. The two protagonists are good at their role, but there is a lack of credibility in Alysse. It might as well be a movie than a series. I liked the beginning very much, but I was indifferent to the end. Obviously I want to see the second season as it leaves things open, but I don't look forward to it. Recommended if you are sick and have a fewA short story that draws on black mirror lines. The two protagonists are good at their role, but there is a lack of credibility in Alysse. It might as well be a movie than a series. I liked the beginning very much, but I was indifferent to the end. Obviously I want to see the second season as it leaves things open, but I don't look forward to it. Recommended if you are sick and have a few hours off on your couch. Expand
  12. Feb 7, 2018
    This contains partial spoilers details have been removed to make it more ambiguous, however.

The show could have been more, every single plot point is slowly reduced to nothing. why build up the suspense of the mother destroying evidence just for her to leave out some and hand it in later? it has no payoff. You can predict every single thing. why leave when you are just going to come

why leave when you are just going to come back 1 episode later?

This show has many of these yet the narrative and storytelling of the show make up for it so much.
  13. Feb 12, 2018
    The End of the World is the coming of age story for this generation, at once displaying a really profound empathy for what today's youth thinks and feels but also doesn't flinch to criticize and examine that same behaviour. It's a movie (clocking in at shortly over three hours and telling a cohesive, full story, I hardly consider a tv series) that both celebrates and brilliantly critiquesThe End of the World is the coming of age story for this generation, at once displaying a really profound empathy for what today's youth thinks and feels but also doesn't flinch to criticize and examine that same behaviour. It's a movie (clocking in at shortly over three hours and telling a cohesive, full story, I hardly consider a tv series) that both celebrates and brilliantly critiques young love, ambition, and folly. Alyssa and James are immediately likable and you can't help but relate to their oddball, ride-or-die attachment. They're outsiders in a generation of teens and children who all feel like outsiders. It's filming is gorgeous, the characters written to perfection, and the story thrilling, engaging, and, at its best, heart-rending. The character progression is paced and portrayed with the deftest of hands, and even the show itself seems to mature with its characters. It's a show that seems to grow better and better the more I think on it, and I truly cannot express how much I love it. Expand
  14. Feb 17, 2018
    Honestly this series was pretty good. It didn't fall into any mindless teen runaway cliches and it was really very funny. Would definitely recommend to anyone.
  15. Feb 19, 2018
    Ingenious! Romeo and Juliet meets Thelma and Louise all in merry ol’ England! Don’t get me wrong. TEOTFW is a tragedy and has serious overtones regarding the psycho-social needs of teenagers especially when things get out of hand. Serious stuff which only enhances an endearing love story. Even so, there is a comedic element which allows character development and more importantlyIngenious! Romeo and Juliet meets Thelma and Louise all in merry ol’ England! Don’t get me wrong. TEOTFW is a tragedy and has serious overtones regarding the psycho-social needs of teenagers especially when things get out of hand. Serious stuff which only enhances an endearing love story. Even so, there is a comedic element which allows character development and more importantly allows the viewer small doses of addictive hope. Speaking of characters, casting was superlative! Jessica Barden’s “Alyssa” is the consummate teenager “screwed up yet searching for answers”. Alex Lawther (James) convincingly expresses the cerebral isolation of teen mental health. Two peripherals: The soundtrack is simply great! Teddy Boys meets British Invasion meets folk! Secondly, all 8 episodes are 20 minutes (approx.) which enhances the effectiveness of the narrative. Finitiore …. Top drawer stuff that can be binged in an afternoon! Expand
  16. Feb 19, 2018
    This show is great. It's been a while since I've had the pleasure of experiencing such a deep and strong connection with these absolute **** main characters. Music is rocking, the plot is quite absurd, and it's fun for the entire family. What more could I say? It's also very watchable, each episode clocks in at a nice twenty minutes or so.
  17. Feb 20, 2018
    I usually do not give this high scores on Metacritic, but I just do not have any point of critique whatsoever. This series is entertaining, heartbreaking and inspiring. The casting is great, the setting is beautiful as well... Ugh, it's nearly perfect!
  18. Feb 27, 2018
    I'm fully invested in so many huge franchises in video games and TV and movies, that sometimes it is refreshing to spend part of a single day enjoying all that a show has to offer. I was sucked into this world of psychopaths and narcissists and the modern world both crushing and empowering them both. This is an excellent one season show that rewards you for the time invested, is enjoyableI'm fully invested in so many huge franchises in video games and TV and movies, that sometimes it is refreshing to spend part of a single day enjoying all that a show has to offer. I was sucked into this world of psychopaths and narcissists and the modern world both crushing and empowering them both. This is an excellent one season show that rewards you for the time invested, is enjoyable even in dark times, and has such a distinct finale that you have to tie up some of the loose ends yourself. Loved it. Expand
  19. Mar 4, 2018
    Amazing show a must watch on Netflix. Great chemistry between the two main characters and there relationship is just so pure. Its brilliantly written and shot beautifully. Was laughing way more than I thought I would be as the jokes are just so clever. First episode is a bit slow but once it gets going it really gets going and doesn't stop until the final credits of the last episode. OneAmazing show a must watch on Netflix. Great chemistry between the two main characters and there relationship is just so pure. Its brilliantly written and shot beautifully. Was laughing way more than I thought I would be as the jokes are just so clever. First episode is a bit slow but once it gets going it really gets going and doesn't stop until the final credits of the last episode. One of the best British shows I have ever watched. Expand
  20. Mar 5, 2018
    LOVE this show. Netflix at it's best! There had better be a season 2...they need to figure it out.
  21. Mar 6, 2018
    [MINOR SPOILERS]
    [MINOR SPOILERS]
    While James' transformation from self-proclaimed psychopath to a young boy in love comes across as a little idealistic, the show does feel very grounded in reality. I loved Alyssa's blunt honesty in all things. The show was sad at times, happy and bittersweet at others. My favorite were the side characters, especially the security guy. Something about that scene really touched me. A series worth watching.
  22. Mar 8, 2018
    I think the cinematography is perfect. I really like the direction. The script is funny and well written. The performances could be better. I like the soundtrack. And also it's very short so you can watch it at any time quickly. I just have one problem and is that some things are there and not really use full to the plot, so I felt those moments slow.
  23. Jan 11, 2018
    I really love this series, it's simply perfect, I love it so much and I need a second season
  24. Jan 6, 2018
    TEOTFW is brilliant, delightful and raucous and above all, it makes a very interesting and enjoyable first impression and builds on it very well over a period of 8 episodes. If you are here to know if its worth your time, it is - any 20 minutes of your day that feel is a bit of boring and ambiguous, is its time. Watch it.
    The show is wacky to point that it fits Breaking Bad-like
    The show is wacky to point that it fits Breaking Bad-like 'psychotic chaos' themes and noises here and there in the first half of the show and in second half it slows down to explore why its characters are so **** up". Not that it completely is able to follow that through in such a short period of time; which is why I hope it gets a second season.
    James and Alyssa are kooky AF, psychotic and sociopathic respectively and then something more. Even the other acts put in relatable because they are predicaments of the contemporary times and people. And even if there isn't any semblance of closure, far from it, there is a chance to see to two teenager go through self-discovery the likes of which are not necessarily advised in suburban households.
  25. Jan 6, 2018
    this show was an easy fun watch, mini emo bonnie & clyde tear through england. surprised with the themes, glad we're not so collectively politically correct a great show like this can still be made & enjoyed
  26. Jan 8, 2018
    True romance! So brilliant, so British, so funny: I've just loved it. two young proganists are just great in their role. Excellent writing and acting. The locations and sets are fabulous. The soundtrack is incredible. A perfect mix of humour, darkness and pathos.
  27. Jan 14, 2018
    I watched this all in one night. It is one of the most emotionally gripping things I've ever seen. The writing is outstanding as it will make you laugh, cry, smile and feel so angry. The cinematography is a joy to watch and it is very well edited together. It is the perfect length: it doesn't drag yet feels like something is happening in each episode. Would recommend to anyone.
  28. Jan 14, 2018
    This show is fantastic! The acting by both Jessica Barden and Alex Lawther elevate the shows story to make the the first surprising show of 2018. The character arcs of these characters are deep and meaningful. You care for these characters and want to see where their journey leads them. It's amazing what the writers could do with eight episodes that don't extended for more than 25 minutes.This show is fantastic! The acting by both Jessica Barden and Alex Lawther elevate the shows story to make the the first surprising show of 2018. The character arcs of these characters are deep and meaningful. You care for these characters and want to see where their journey leads them. It's amazing what the writers could do with eight episodes that don't extended for more than 25 minutes. If there's a second season I'll be on board, if not, that's fine as well. Expand
  29. Jan 5, 2018
    THE END OF THE F***ING WORLD is perfect, the only thing i could say i didn't like about it, was how fast the first episode was , i mean there was too much things for just 20 minutes, but besides that the serie is really addicting and you should check it out, i really liked it
  30. Jan 8, 2018
    This show was truly brilliant. It's funny, acting is on point and I just fell in love with the characters. A Netflix must watch.
  31. Jan 16, 2018
    Within a similar genre to the 1973 film Badlands (Martin Sheen, Sissy Spacek)... coming of age couple on the run from the law. This version has iGeneration actors brilliantly portrayed by Alex Lawther and Jessica Barden. I highly recommend viewing this.
  32. Jan 29, 2018
    This show made me break down crying when I finished watching it. Really potent story about empathy and morality. Doesn't take long to finish, and sometimes feels like it's not going anywhere, but it definitely does. I got really invested in the characters. Made me feel a lot of emotions. Not perfect, but it's got a lot going for it.
  33. Jan 15, 2018
    Great characters and storyline. I have nothing to complain about. Hope for a second season.
  34. May 28, 2018
    Mit The End of the F***ing World hat Netflix eine schöne, kleine, emotionale aber mit schwarzem Humor durchzogene Serie veröffentlicht. Es geht umt Alyssa und James die von Zuhause wegrennen da es ihnen in ihren Heimatort zu langweilig ist und ihre Eltern sie nerven. Alyssa und James könnten aber unterschiedlicher nicht sein. Alyssa ist sehr gesprächig und will die Welt erleben, wohingegenMit The End of the F***ing World hat Netflix eine schöne, kleine, emotionale aber mit schwarzem Humor durchzogene Serie veröffentlicht. Es geht umt Alyssa und James die von Zuhause wegrennen da es ihnen in ihren Heimatort zu langweilig ist und ihre Eltern sie nerven. Alyssa und James könnten aber unterschiedlicher nicht sein. Alyssa ist sehr gesprächig und will die Welt erleben, wohingegen James ein wie er sich selber bezeichnet ein Psychopath ist der nach immer nur Tiere töten nun endlich einen Menschen umbringen will. Diese Ausgangslage ist für den Start etwas schwer und man wird mit den Hauptcharakteren nicht direkt warm, jedoch ändert sich dies recht schnell und da die Folgen nur 20 Minuten lang sind, kann man die Serie gut in einem Rutsch durchschauen da es auch nur acht Folgen sind. In diesen acht Folgen werden dem Zuschauer eine emotionale und oft lustige Geschichte geboten die auf dem Werk von Charles S. Forsman basiert und aufzeigt wie zwei Teenager die unterschiedlicher nicht sein könnten sich auf ihrer Reise besser kennenlernen und ein spannendes Abenteuer erleben. Expand
  35. Mar 10, 2018
    AMAZING SHOW!!! Dark, funny and crazy show.......LOVED every episode.......
  36. Mar 10, 2018
    The End of the F***ing World is a sweet, funny and dark story that follows two very strange, but incredibly engaging individuals on their journey to discover who they really are. The lead actors do a great job with their portrayals of the two twisted characters and their dialogue is short, sharp, funny and smart. The first three or four episodes are brilliant, but as the season goes on itThe End of the F***ing World is a sweet, funny and dark story that follows two very strange, but incredibly engaging individuals on their journey to discover who they really are. The lead actors do a great job with their portrayals of the two twisted characters and their dialogue is short, sharp, funny and smart. The first three or four episodes are brilliant, but as the season goes on it becomes clear that the quality slowly begins to falter. Luckily, a weak episode of this show is still a great and engaging one. The narration a lot of the time was nice and didn't bother me, but sometimes the show could have benefited without it. The characters and their odd relationship with each other was what kept me interested, and the absurd obstacles they encounter just added to it. If you like dark comedies and character-driven stories, then definitely watch it if you can. Expand
  37. Mar 20, 2018
    Just watched 2 episodes and defenitely going to watch all season 1. A great depiction of the end of the family as cornerstone of society.
  38. Mar 22, 2018
    An intriguing piece of dark comedy that mirrors the emptiness of society through character monologues and driven story lines.
  39. Apr 13, 2018
    Конец ****банного мира 1 сезон: крутой сериал с потрясающими главными персонажами в которых не возможно не влюбиться. Сама история мне показалась слабой и в некоторых моментах были косяки. Юмор хороший вставленный к месту. Главные герои очень классные и видна между ними химия. Второстепенные персонажи, тоже хороши. Сериал крутой с маленькими косяками.Конец ****банного мира 1 сезон: крутой сериал с потрясающими главными персонажами в которых не возможно не влюбиться. Сама история мне показалась слабой и в некоторых моментах были косяки. Юмор хороший вставленный к месту. Главные герои очень классные и видна между ними химия. Второстепенные персонажи, тоже хороши. Сериал крутой с маленькими косяками.
  40. Apr 14, 2018
    The series is good. It's dark but at the same time dark, and you can feel the character's problem and, because of that, we follow and support them. The only huge problem is the detective's relationship, totally unnecessary, repetitive and unfunny. I ingest the show very quickly, and i felt a empty space in my heart when finished it.
  41. Apr 25, 2018
    I totally did not see this coming. This got me on my feelings! The story was so vague at first and the way the dialogue was constructed really shocked me because it really is unnecessary whimsical and unnatural for someone to say in real life but the bluntness by the characters are actually hilarious and cute. Very remarkable, short series. A fresh breath of air, really.
  42. Jun 11, 2018
    AMAZING. The two main characters may seem like unlikable people on paper, but their antihero portrayal works in this fresh dark comedy. Every character is given a room for development, which is something rare for supporting characters in a coming of age short series. Jessica Barden and Alex Lawther SHINES in the respective roles of Alyssa and James, giving incredible depth and a clearAMAZING. The two main characters may seem like unlikable people on paper, but their antihero portrayal works in this fresh dark comedy. Every character is given a room for development, which is something rare for supporting characters in a coming of age short series. Jessica Barden and Alex Lawther SHINES in the respective roles of Alyssa and James, giving incredible depth and a clear personality to their character. Expand
  43. Jul 19, 2018
    This is a good show that's pretty enjoyable on the whole, the characters can get a little grating but in general, would recommend. I think it left a bit to be desired in terms of the completeness of the story and resolution but would watch again 7/10

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Feb 15, 2018
    End has the edge in writing, acting--especially by Ms. Barden--and ambition [over Everything Sucks!].
  2. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jan 29, 2018
    At once a joyful watch and a morally destabilizing one, it bears some relationship to “Fleabag,” another dark British comedy driven by the narration of a deeply screwed-up individual, plotted so that its more compassionate themes come as a pleasant shock.
  3. Reviewed by: Sonia Saraiya
    Jan 5, 2018
    It’s funny, and it’s sweet; it’s violent, and it’s romantic. Its leads are both reprehensible and totally sympathetic; both scared kids and responsible adults. It seems the mark of an honest production that the characters are arrestingly recognizable--and revealed so thoroughly to the audience that judging them feels impossible. By the end I was unsure if I wanted them rounded up by the authorities or free to go out in a blaze of glory; the only thing I was sure of was I wished there were more episodes.