• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2010
  • Season #: 1
6.2

1. Oct 11, 2010
    The flashbacks and complex plot may be annoying at some levels, but when you start putting the pieces together it get so much better. The writing is brilliant and although I have little to no clue on what is going on, it only makes me want to watch the show more and figure it out.
  2. Sep 21, 2010
    I did not know what this show was all about when I started watching. I will say that for a change I was actually excited to see the following episode. It's got good acting and what would seem to be good possibilities. I have been fooled before though I remember the first Fringe I thought was good and it just went downhill from there. We shall see!
  3. Oct 17, 2010
    It has the potential to be one of the best tv shows ever. The plot is intriguing and complex, the actors are very good and the special effects are well made and realistic. The continuous flashbacks seem to be the only negative aspect of the first episode, but overall, very good tv show and with huge potential. Let's hope they keep this up.
  4. Apr 27, 2011
    I think The Event is a good show but it started bad. I didn't like the storyline where Leila was kidnapped and her boyfriend was trying to find her. It wasn't interesting. The show focused too much on that. (And let's not forget the annoying flashbacks)... But The Event became so much better once that story arc was over. When the show started to focus on the President and Sophia then it became good. The war between the "Other people" (Aliens) and humans was very interesting. The acting is good and it has some great characters. I really like Simon,Sophia , and the President.

It's a shame the ratings aren't so good :/. I don't think season 2 will happen. :((((((( i give it 9 points because the 2nd half season was really good.
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    The Event is an exciting attention grabbing show that has non stop action. The suspense and storyline just raises so many questions. I hope it doesn't spiral off into another form of LOST and becomes to confusing to understand. I think the event will be the TV event of the fall.
  6. Sep 30, 2010
    There are many whining babies on here complaining about The Event so I'm gonna do my part by saying positive things about a show which I think is very intriguing. I read a user review which said the acting is bad - absolutely not true! I read another review which said that nothing is happening on the Event. But after three episodes I know for sure that that is not the case. What I have seen thus far is a complex mystery plot which is unfolding by way of dramatic dialogue and light action scenes. It is evident that there is a mysterious group with two factions that don't exactly see eye to eye. This sets up future dramatic conflicts. The trailer for episode four shows mutiny within the mysterious group. To say after 1-3 episodes that this show will have no answers is simply being petty. It's got drama, action, complex mystery and it's fast paced. Expand
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    I find this a compulsively watchable show. On the other hand, my wife won't watch it at all because it makes her nervous. I tried explaining the plot to someone last night and left the person hopelessly confused, but I wasn't. It was then that I realized what a good job the show does with interweaving numerous different subplots , some of which are clearly related, others not so much, at least on the surface. The flashbacks seem absolutely necessary and clarify many things. Some things, however, seem inexplicable - why are the bad guys (whoever and whichever ones they are) so interested in capturing the Jason Ritter character? The acting runs the gamut. Blair Underwood, as the President, is fine as always, though his role doesn't give him much. The man who is in charge of the secret government operation, Ivan (I cannot spell, pronounce or remember his last name), is really great, as he was as the gay guilt-ridden lawyer in Damages. Jason Ritter, ostensibly the main character, is new to me. He is very appealing, with a kind of puppy-dog sincerity which, unfortunately, does not match up to his steeliness when he is in action. Most of the time, his girlfriend seems more dominant. Lesser characters range from extremely good to passable.
    Last week's episode seemed to me one of the best, partly because people began acting more realistically sensible, partly because of its deft combination of sentiment with pyrotechnic action.
    The show has nothing like the subtlety and thoughtfulness of, say, Rubicon, which my wife did watch. However, I think it may be on its way to being first-rate entertainment, not yet there, but maybe starting to reach for it.
  8. Nov 19, 2010
    I have watched all 8 of the episodes so far and really have started looking forward to Monday night. This is my favorite new show. I'm really interested in several of the characters, like the President, Simon Lee, Blake Sterling, and Sophia. Not so much interested in Sean and Leila, but I don't hate them like some people seem to do. I'm looking forward to finding out the answers to the many mysteries. Who is Dempsey? What's with Samantha and the little old girls? Who are the Inos? Where are they from and what do they want? Are there different factions? And of course, what is The Event? Expand
  9. Dec 1, 2010
    The Event is a new, great unique show that is very fun to watch. Although recently the plot has slowed, I believe The Event has a fun ride in store for us.
  10. Mar 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This one is a very good format!
    In my opinion the show can be new "LOST", but there is a lot of work to do.
    Cast is quite good and the storyline can be more interesting.
  11. May 25, 2011
    The Event" is an event you DON'T want to miss indeed. With well supported hype and ads, THE EVÃ
  12. Sep 9, 2011
    I love this show, it is like one long very engaging movie. It is very well filmed, great cinema photography, a nice balance between action, dialogue, character development and plot, fun and intriguing story lines, and lots of sex appeal. It is also very thought provoking, especially as the show starts to come together. It now seems the show is being canceled, and I for one am in disbelief. I think it is NBC, and I do not know whether to applaud them for coming up with such a great show, even though they are now canceling it, OR whether I should ban/boycott them for being so stupid as to cancel it. I am certainly leading toward the latter. Expand

1. It's too soon to tell if The Event, the latest entry in the networks' race to find the next "Lost," isn't merely the next "FlashForward," since, by the end of an intriguing-enough pilot, you won't know much more than you did coming in (including whether NBC's willing to hang in there long enough for us to get some answers). But the cast is good.
  2. After all those promos, people have the feeling they've seen the whole first episode, which they probably have.
  3. With its large ensemble cast and frequent flashbacks--visiting and revisiting events that occurred from 23 minutes to 13 months in the past--watching Event is like riding a contraption that is half time machine and half bumper car.