7.6

1. Nov 24, 2012
    This show is really a hit or a miss. It's very British: dirty, creepy, and really quirky. But, if you like weird, you'll love it. The plot is crazy. Cannibalistic zombie ghosts and a teenager who grows wings when he ejaculates. Doesn't get much more odd than that. But it works. Maybe it's the main character, who you can't really help but love. He just has no idea what's going on at any point in the show. And when everything starts collapsing around him, you feel as smothered as he does. Sarah, played by Natalie Dormer (Game of Thrones), is great. And, if you don't love Joe Dempsie, we have some issues to straighten out. The main character's friend may come off as annoying at first, but he'll grow on you. His constant references bring much needed relief to the heavy drama. Admittedly, the effects bring some hilarious moments as well. But it's a British TV drama, what are you gonna do?
    The show is horrific and unashamed enough to keep you on your toes. People will die unexpectedly, crazy **** will just come out of no where, random changes of heart...
    Basically, if you like oddball supernatural horrors and can deal with the occasional corny effects, you will love this show. It may lose a bit of it's momentum around episodes 2 and 3, but do not let that throw you off. At a specific point, the show crosses a line and does not look back. You'll love it.
  2. Jun 12, 2012
    Chillingly brilliant. I have a liking for 'death' shows, eg 'Dead Like Me' but only if they can engage me and draw me into their universe. Dear god but 'The Fades' certainly did!
  3. Feb 15, 2012
    This was such a good series and I'm glad that it has finally reached America. I really enjoyed the acting and more importantly the characters, my favourite being his best friend played by Daniel Kaluuya (who I'm glad has got into movies, Johnny English Reborn). The awkwardness of the character and his situation is brilliant and is put onto screen really well. I am absolutely buzzing for a second series, hopefully with a few more episodes Collapse
  4. Jan 24, 2012
    this has to be one of the best shows this last year, as it does something diffrent. it isn't another sitcom or poilce dram, its a show which is complety orignal. the charecters are good, the script is excellent but sometimes it can drag on, but with the fades story being so well done, i hope it can have another season.

1. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    The Fades works.
  2. Reviewed by: Brent McKnight
    Jan 17, 2012
    It's an exhilarating take on a couple of familiar genres, balancing horror, humor, and heart.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jan 17, 2012
    The six-episode series mixes this type of sharp -humor and dialogue with gory scenes and tense horror.