Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.6

1. Sep 6, 2013
    This Northern Ireland thriller gives you a glimpse into a city you could barely ever see without a passport. It was a nice little relief between seasons of Luther.
  2. Dec 10, 2015
    Thoroughly engrossing, with a superb and multilayered performance by Anderson. Jamie Dornan is much more comfortable with his natural accent than in 50 Shades - and much cuter with a beard. Sally-Ann, who plays his wife, is excellent. Never a dull moment. I deducted a point, however, for the incomplete side plot; i.e., the one with the cocaine and the prostitutes and the crookedThoroughly engrossing, with a superb and multilayered performance by Anderson. Jamie Dornan is much more comfortable with his natural accent than in 50 Shades - and much cuter with a beard. Sally-Ann, who plays his wife, is excellent. Never a dull moment. I deducted a point, however, for the incomplete side plot; i.e., the one with the cocaine and the prostitutes and the crooked policemen - didn't understand what on earth any of it was about, and I don't think the writers knew either, since they dropped it entirely after Season 1. I wish Dani, the young officer who serves as Stella's "right-hand man" in Season 1 had more storyline in the second season. Expand
  3. Jul 26, 2013
    Very intense show that draws the viewer in. It seems more realistic to me than other police shows. The danger for the police in modern was also very well played.
  4. Mar 21, 2014
    Whenever anyone asks me for my money recommendation on Netflix I always tell them to rent or to stream the fall. This is one of Gillian Anderson's best works and even Jamie Dornan who will be the lead in 50 shades of gray is subtly scary. It's only about four or five episodes but it certainly worth your time.
  5. Jul 21, 2013
    Really compelling character study. It's an absolute mind$&%@. I highly recommend it to fans of crime/detective dramas. Prepare yourself to enter the mind of a serial killer. It is undoubtedly disturbing, but you'll soon find yourself unable to turn it off. These BBC miniseries are generally top-notch. I would say that Americans are largely unaware of the quality of these productions. DoReally compelling character study. It's an absolute mind$&%@. I highly recommend it to fans of crime/detective dramas. Prepare yourself to enter the mind of a serial killer. It is undoubtedly disturbing, but you'll soon find yourself unable to turn it off. These BBC miniseries are generally top-notch. I would say that Americans are largely unaware of the quality of these productions. Do yourself a favor; if you're even considering checking this one out, just turn it on for 20 minutes or so to check it out. I guarantee you'll be hooked. Expand
  6. Aug 28, 2014
    When Belfast detectives run out of leads on a murder case Detective Superintendent Stella Gibson (Anderson) is brought in from London to help solve it. Pretty soon it becomes clear that the murder isn't a one off.

The performances are excellent across the board and with Anderson and Dornan standing out in particular and, by focusing on both the police and killer, The Fall makes for an enthralling watch. There may only be five episodes in this first season but this is one of the best police drama series to hit our screens in a while.
  7. Nov 21, 2014
    A very good show that I wish I watched earlier. British crime dramas are often very high quality and much better than America's ones. The show follows a senior police official and the serial killer. Paul is a character you like even though he strangles women. He's charismatic, sweet, quiet, and he's hiding in plain sight. The scenes when he's killing women are often intense and prettyA very good show that I wish I watched earlier. British crime dramas are often very high quality and much better than America's ones. The show follows a senior police official and the serial killer. Paul is a character you like even though he strangles women. He's charismatic, sweet, quiet, and he's hiding in plain sight. The scenes when he's killing women are often intense and pretty graphic for some people. The show has some really good writing, the cinematography is great, and the music is chilly. The tone is dark and somber. Gillian Anderson does a good job with her character. Her character is mistreated by colleagues, people, etc because she's a woman is a power position. Each season is only 5 episodes and that is perfect. The show continues on season 2. I'm glad they did that because solving the crimes in only 5 episodes would be way too short. The show has very good acting, is really intense, good overall story, and it's very interesting to watch. Overall, a really good show. Expand
  8. Jun 28, 2013
    Intense, disturbing but a hell of a ride! Both Anderson's cop and the killer are both complex, unknowable characters. Up there with Breaking Bad when it comes to intelligent TV.
  9. Jan 16, 2015
    Riveting crime show, impressive performances, esp. Jamie Dornan. But why on Earth are they perpetually whispering? It's affected, pointless, faddish: See The Honorable Woman for more whispering.
  10. Oct 31, 2014
    It's emotive, slow-burning, intense fun. It's not perfect--it could learn to find a balance between plot and character, and when either one feels overdone--but it's never bad, or never brilliant
  11. Nov 16, 2014
    Just watch all five episodes (binge!) and loved it. I never knew much about Anderson - didn't watch The X Files, but now I wish I had. She is simply awesome in this role. The entire cast, script and atmosphere very good. If I had just one minor critique, it might have been the sound editing. Sometimes there was dialogue that seemed murky in sound. This is really a great crime series,Just watch all five episodes (binge!) and loved it. I never knew much about Anderson - didn't watch The X Files, but now I wish I had. She is simply awesome in this role. The entire cast, script and atmosphere very good. If I had just one minor critique, it might have been the sound editing. Sometimes there was dialogue that seemed murky in sound. This is really a great crime series, unlike any other I've seen. Best of all, it's not another whodunnit because we know who did it all along, which really makes it even more creepy. Expand
  12. Jan 1, 2017
    Another Succsessful British series, impeccable acting and writing. Andersons prformance is superb, just fantastic. A must see. You can't predict the scenes or what comes next. just exciting.
  13. Jul 6, 2017
    I really enjoyed The Fall as a deep psychological analysis of the killer's mind, although some side stories and characters really didn't feel so compelling. I really enjoyed this Noire vibe. Acting and music were all pretty top notch. My only regret is that I still feel the series overextended after the second season. To me, the second season's finale should have been the series' true ending.
  14. Nov 23, 2017
    Watched all the episodes and it blows you out to sky with it's supper suspense. Especially, the Season 1 and 2 ought to resonate even after many years to come. Wonder why Hollywood cannot bring-up a series like this when Ireland hit the jackpot.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jun 14, 2013
    [A] cool yet intensely emotional British crime series. [24 Jun 2013, p.40]
  2. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    Jun 10, 2013
    It’s a fine show, relying on slow-building tension rather than the gory shock value of series like “The Following,” and the five-episode arc now on Netflix is worth a look if you haven’t had your fill of cat-and-mouse dynamics.... Oddly, the character developed the least may be Ms. Anderson’s.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Jun 5, 2013
    Some of these moments are memorable and stark. More are soporific. Both lend themselves to The Fall’s tone: these days, slow is what passes for serious. Anderson’s performance is what makes The Fall worth watching.