• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 21, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3
5.7

1. Apr 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The following had been one of my favorite shows during its season one run. I totally understand the whole antihero thing. Worked for breaking bad, the Sopranos. But the second to last episode of the second season entitled silence was beyond the pale. The story brought Joe Carol and his followers into a church in Manhattan. A Catholic Church. In it Carol and his followers held a priest and his parishioners hostage, and forced individuals to kill each other. Furthermore Carol forced a pastor to deny the existence of God and to proclaim the killer God. The Fox network should be wholly ashamed of themselves erring this episode at anytime much less the day after Easter. It's yet another piece of evidence that Hollywood will do whatever it takes to embarrass And belittle the Christian church as a whole. Do you think they would've had the balls to do the same scene in a mosque? No because that would have been met with consequences. Catholics don't meet this kind of disgusting behavior with violence so Hollywood keeps dishing it out. I'm going to advise everybody who asks that the following is wholly unworthy of their time. I'm curious to know what someone like Bill O'Reilly on FOXNews will have to say about this type of storyline on the Fox network. Expand
  2. Mar 26, 2014
    Hard to believe that the writers could outdo the trainwreck that was Season 1, but they're doing a stand up job. The plot is more ridiculous, predictable and implausible and the writing continues to regress week after week. This show should come with a Surgeon General Warning about the guaranteed brain cell loss that this show delivers. Absolute garbage.
  3. Mar 11, 2014
    I absolutely loved the first season. However, in regards to the second season; What the hell is wrong with these writers?
    1.Terribly inconsistent plot: Every new episode completely changes the story line. I can only hope that it ties itself up by the finale, Although I am not holding my lack of hope to high.
    2.Atrocious extra cast members: It appears with every new episode, the actors
    2.Atrocious extra cast members: It appears with every new episode, the actors playing the supporting characters, which of whom have mainly only been featured in shorts, get worse and even worse. Simply to provide insight into my point I will list a few examples,
    -J.D. Williams as 'Carlos'
    -Camille De Pazzis as 'Giselle'
    -Owen Campbell as 'Cole'
    -Sprague Grayden as 'Carrie Cook'
    3. Absurdly unnatural dialogue. If you have watched the first 5 episodes, The need to justify this point is irrelevant and unnecessary.
    4. Dead give aways, Again if you have watched there is no need to explain.
    5.Terribly predictable plot twists
    6. Inconsistent Volume Calibration.
    7. Can the person in charge of the music scoring not find another band or music that doesn't sound like Hinder or Theory of a Dead Man to wrap up each episode? Every time that **** starts I prepare for a horrible 'Cliffhanger' ending.
    8. The writers addressed between seasons that the portrayal of the FBI's intelligence needed to be more realistic, Yet so far I have not noticed any leaps in that direction.
  4. Oct 9, 2014
    Every single character is so obtuse and ridiculous. And they are all MORONS. The show was half decent in the first season, and it is just utterly ridiculous now. The writing is so terrible I can't even stand it. I so desperately want someone to slap Claire every time she opens her stupid mouth. Horrible. Just horrible.
  5. Feb 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a HUGE Kevin Bacon fan and watched last season religiously. Unfortunately, they killed most of the characters I found compelling and intriguing. I've watched the first two episodes this season and just can't get into it this time around. I'm not as interested in the new characters. I'm also a woman and hated they killed off both Claire and the female detective - they could have at least left me with one strong, relatable female character. So disappointed after such high hopes. Expand
  6. Jan 30, 2014
    Just found out the Carroll is still alive.
    I guess the writers for this show can't go beyond the scope of a magic 8 ball. Shame.
    I'm done. No more. Bye.
  7. Feb 13, 2014
    This is a mind-numbingly stupid mess. Any literate person should take it as an insult to his or her intelligence. It seems to be aimed at drooling, brain-dead yokels who've never read a single book on poetry or law enforcement or psychology or cults. And judging by its ratings, that's a disconcertingly high proportion of the American public.
  8. Apr 22, 2014
    Come on, FOX, keep your ritual murders out of a Catholic Church, you gutless cowards. The Monday after Easter, no less. Nice storyline, punks. Grow up. What's next? Hit the maternity word in a Muslim neighborhood and mow down some babies? Fly to Tibet and string up some monks? What is too far for you?

1. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Feb 20, 2014
    Kevin Bacon is just woefully underutilized here.... None of this show feels or sounds real. Not one beat. Not the plotting or the characters.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Jan 22, 2014
    Here’s the best thing about the second season premiere of The Following: Kevin Bacon finally looks like he’s having a little fun.... Bacon and Hardy are in on the joke.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jan 17, 2014
    Sorry to say that from the evidence of the season premiere, not a lot has changed. Morbid curiosity may keep me following this bloody cat-and-mouse horror show for a while longer, but not at the risk of murdering what few brain cells I have left.