The Following : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 21, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3
5.7

1. Feb 5, 2014
    I tend to agree with most overall metacritic conclusions, both critic and user reviews; however, this one I completely disagree with. This season has been excellent, as was last season. I grant that it isn't an exceptionally intelligent show such as breaking bad or true detective but it's amazing entertainment. The drama is excellent, the characters are interesting, and the show isI tend to agree with most overall metacritic conclusions, both critic and user reviews; however, this one I completely disagree with. This season has been excellent, as was last season. I grant that it isn't an exceptionally intelligent show such as breaking bad or true detective but it's amazing entertainment. The drama is excellent, the characters are interesting, and the show is engaging. I am extremely impressed with Sam Underwood's acting. I like intelligent shows. I like shows with subtext and meaning. But more than anything I like shows that are entertaining, and that is exactly what this. Expand
  2. Oct 20, 2014
    The first Series was really slow. The second has me captivated and i am suffering from Sleep deprivation due to catching up last night.

There are points when things happen and i genuinely feel tense.

This is great, if you want a good story (albeit with some holes) then give the second season a try.
  3. Apr 25, 2014
    Does the second season live up to the quality of the first season? Unfortunately not. However, the series is still interesting to watch and is still bent on complete shock factor.
  4. Mar 25, 2014
    the second season was a little slow in the first few episodes but it is picking up, and its still really thrilling. I think at this point in season one was way better, but is still a really good show. I will give a 7
  5. Apr 19, 2014
    It's certainly not better than season 1, but it's still good. Every few episodes, something happens that changes the plot and it can be confusing if you miss an episode, but there's still a good storyline. All the killing and disturbing situations are still present in this season. Overall it's very good and worth watching.
  6. May 8, 2014
    The Following actually improved this season, by embracing its craziness and lunacy. Instead of the tedious and sometimes dull follower of the week episodes and rote drama and character development, we get a primarily plot driven guilty pleasure that flies by on sheer insanity. There's plenty of room for improvement, especially in the handling of secondary charactersThe Following actually improved this season, by embracing its craziness and lunacy. Instead of the tedious and sometimes dull follower of the week episodes and rote drama and character development, we get a primarily plot driven guilty pleasure that flies by on sheer insanity. There's plenty of room for improvement, especially in the handling of secondary characters (Mandy...Emma....Lily....), but at least this season was fun, pretending to be nothing other than what it is. Even Joe, with his humdrum making-it-up-as-he-goes-along attitude at the end of the season, seemed to understand this. I don't need to make sense as long as I'm causing trouble. I tried the poetic deep thing last year and that didn't quite work out for me. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Feb 20, 2014
    Kevin Bacon is just woefully underutilized here.... None of this show feels or sounds real. Not one beat. Not the plotting or the characters.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Jan 22, 2014
    Here’s the best thing about the second season premiere of The Following: Kevin Bacon finally looks like he’s having a little fun.... Bacon and Hardy are in on the joke.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jan 17, 2014
    Sorry to say that from the evidence of the season premiere, not a lot has changed. Morbid curiosity may keep me following this bloody cat-and-mouse horror show for a while longer, but not at the risk of murdering what few brain cells I have left.