• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 20, 2010
  • Season #: 1
8.1

1. May 23, 2012
    The Gates is probably one of the best times I've had watching a series on Netflix. Is it over-the-top, campy and at times even stupid? Sure, but the cast is charming enough to make it all work and, besides, it's not trying to be Six Feet Under. After all, one of main characters is a succubus.... So you really can't hold it up to stringent standards after that revelation. While it doesn't completely get the opportunity to tie up all it's loose ends before it was cancelled, there's still a surprisingly satisfying ending included and it doesn't take too much away from the overall experience. My only complaints are that there's nowhere near enough skin for as attractive as the cast is, and they focus too much on certain characters that are over-explored while other more creative entries seem oddly sidelined. Plus it's absolutely ridiculous. Still, you'd be hard pressed to find a show at delightfully goofy as The Gates. Expand
  2. May 7, 2011
    I absolutely love this show ! And so hate that i will not know the end to the serious since now it is canceled .the critics undoubtly don,t know what they are talking about. i so wish someone would pick this show up and finish it i want to know the end . This would be a great show for CW since they know what real shows are all about lol love love love the gates!!
  3. Apr 16, 2011
    This is an interesting series. The writers have done well to create a supernatural yet domestic tv show. I have a 14yr old son and a 48 yr old husband, they both enjoy the show. As a woman and as a tv watcher i would be disappointed if this show was cancelled
  4. Dec 20, 2010
    I absolutely LOVE this show! It has a great cast and an amazing storyline. Each episode went really fast for me and i couldn't wait to see the next. This was one of those shows I couldn't stop watching until I finished the whole season and really can't wait for whats going to happen next. I have heard rumours that this show may be cancelled and really hope that it doesn't. please sign the petition to save the gates from being cancelled:http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-gates-petition/

thankyou
  5. Oct 13, 2010
    I Think that is a grate Show, I Enjoyed every episode, The story of the show was Brilliant. And i hope they will do a season 2.
  6. Oct 5, 2010
    Nice new mystery show....started slowly but really caught me then. Nice actors (Luke Mably and Rhona Mitra), very different characters and a good story.
  7. Sep 21, 2010
    I Love this Movie. I watched every episode!! It was a good Change from all the Reality Shows on. It had a good Story Line and kept me wanting to see what happened next! Please do not cancel this show. Everyone I worked with watched and loved this movie also. The Cast was Terriffic and perfect for the Roles. The ending left me wanting more. Cannot wait for the next series. Please do not wait til next summer!!! Expand
  8. Sep 20, 2010
    The Gtaes is an outstanding show from the acting to the plot writing. This is by far much more than a summer filler and superior to any crappy reality show. A first rate drama that has it all.
  9. Sep 20, 2010
    I love love love this show... I look forward to this show every Sunday. I would hate to see this show canceled. Also the ending was like a movie that needs a second one, for we are all dying to see what happens. I need to know what happens to Charlie... Everyone in this show is great. I started watching this show because of Rhona Mitra, I loved her in Underworld Rise of the Lycans. She is a great actress and not to mention totally sexy. I would be upset if there wasn't more seasons to come. Expand
  10. cj4
    Sep 14, 2010
    Cancel this show, and I cancel ABC! FINALLY, some adult-based, fun drama that I can sit back, and enjoy!!! I have a masters degree, am a paralegal, educator, over 40, and HATE (please remember this) HATE reality television (aside from the cooking channel..."Jamie at Home" and "Big Daddy" are two of my favorites, along with "Madison"...one of the "Chopped" champions...please make him an Iron Chef.). Kindly allow those of us who rely on USA, TNT, and LOGO for our entertainment (because network television is primarily filled with bimbos and nonsensical storylines) to enjoy some sort of entertainment besides the nightly news for television viewing. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! LONG LIVE THE GATES!!! Let's keep good writers and actors employed in the process, making this a vehicle to outlast the Law & Order franchise! Thank you for finally allowing the "grown-ups" their PREFERRED place at the table!!! Expand
  11. Sep 6, 2010
    This is such a great program! I look forward to watching every week. I can't believe there are rumors that The Gates is going to be cancelled? Big mistake. Cancel some of the reality shows instead. Bring The Gates back next season!!!

1. The Gates is ultimately just another literary mashup with the undead, like Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice" tweaked with zombies, only here it's a stifling John Cheever story with bloodsuckers.
    The Gates actually moves along at a brisk enough clip, and though it's bland around the edges, it introduces enough mysteries to keep things more or less interesting (there are allusions to a "code" residents must live by, and presumably that doesn't refer to local regulations on lawn care).
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Oh, sure, they can pierce necks and drink blood: Big deal! Any ol' vampire can do that. With a limited repertoire of vampire moves, the Radcliffs shoulda moved to Bon Temps instead of the Gates to learn some new tricks.