• Network: A&E
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.2

1. TrevorM
    Jul 12, 2010
    This predictable show was a chore to watch. The main character is so smug its painful. This show won't last.
  2. JeffW
    Jul 16, 2010
    My problem is that I am from the "people don't act that way in real life" school of thought when it comes to dramas. The setting is intriguing but nothing is believable.
  3. Jay
    Jul 13, 2010
    It's old already and will get older fast.
  4. WallaceS
    Jul 12, 2010
    slow, tedioius, at times disjointed, implausible situations (kid fishing in crock infested stream). How can the promo at end say...."Move Over CSI Miami"????
  5. Kevine
    Jul 17, 2010
    Characters are cocky, snide and annoying. Passmore's character is all of that with misguided priorities and the last thing we need to see is a young kid who smokes, makes snide comments and is disrespectful of adults. No redeeming qualities in this show.
  6. Aug 13, 2010
    Could be mildly entertaining like Burn Notice or White Collar but the director needs to polish his style. The Lead actor is probably a very good actor but it seems he is being directed to respond quick and quirky without ever taking in anything from any other actor. My advice to the director: slow down. what you lose in the screwball comedy delivery you will gain in some suspension ofCould be mildly entertaining like Burn Notice or White Collar but the director needs to polish his style. The Lead actor is probably a very good actor but it seems he is being directed to respond quick and quirky without ever taking in anything from any other actor. My advice to the director: slow down. what you lose in the screwball comedy delivery you will gain in some suspension of disbelief. Also in the first few episodes kids are involved in the crimes. there are a lot of kids in this series. why? So far the show is annoying but could find its rhythm and earn a mildly entertaining 5 or 6 out of ten... if they wk hard and get better directors. Expand
  7. Aug 13, 2010
    Why do I feel like I have to pay attention to boring stuff to enjoy this show? Did the producers think Matt Passmore could carry this show by himself? A clever caustic detective is nothing new. A Cliqued convention. What this show needed was more interesting character to partner Long-worth up with. Instead they used more political. Daniel Green (Jordan Wall) was a good move but he shouldWhy do I feel like I have to pay attention to boring stuff to enjoy this show? Did the producers think Matt Passmore could carry this show by himself? A clever caustic detective is nothing new. A Cliqued convention. What this show needed was more interesting character to partner Long-worth up with. Instead they used more political. Daniel Green (Jordan Wall) was a good move but he should have been right next to Jim, not stuck in some lab. This show needs a serious overhaul or it's a waste of time and money. These guys should try to find some next generation writers(now). Expand
  8. Sep 22, 2010
    Here's the premise. Jim is a genius who can solve any murder. The formula for solving his cases is as follows: 1. It's never, ever the first suspect even though they've lied and admitted to wanting the victim dead. 2. It's never the second suspect even though they were vague and in a hurry when talking to the cops about a murder and 3. It's the 3rd person he questions. Throw in a wittyHere's the premise. Jim is a genius who can solve any murder. The formula for solving his cases is as follows: 1. It's never, ever the first suspect even though they've lied and admitted to wanting the victim dead. 2. It's never the second suspect even though they were vague and in a hurry when talking to the cops about a murder and 3. It's the 3rd person he questions. Throw in a witty comment about he doesn't follow the rules and the case is solved. Thanks for being a genius, Jim. Expand
  9. Jul 18, 2011
    I live in Florida and this show certainly reminds me of large portions of it: Great tropical vistas in the forefront, shallow waters in the back. Passmore is likeable for about 3-4 episodes until we realize that his acting skills go from smirk to grin to forced puzzlement, to smirk, grin.....

. My wife likes the relationship he has with the nurse, but the length of time they keep these two on a sexual consumation leash is a quaintness that I thought died with the Hudson/Day era. So far my wife and I have picked out the killer in the first 10 minutes 90% of the time. In the last episode I proudly picked out the killer within 3 seconds of her appearance. Cute blond artist piques detective's libido! She has to go! 2 cuties to roil the plot is all that is allowed! Hey it's summer TV.
  10. Dec 30, 2011
    I loved the pilot episode but the story telling in this show went straight down hill after that to the point where its just another generic detective show. The lead actor is good and he has a solid supporting cast as well. Its just the writing that kills it for me. Its a rather short season so I would say give it a shot but dont expect a masterpiece.
  11. Jun 4, 2013
    The more I watch it, The less I like it. I wouldn't mind revisiting the show every once and a while but watching it on a constant basis gets rather annoying at times. It's a likeable show but it has become more of a back burner for me and I wouldn't watch it unless I had nothing else to watch or I was sick of what I am currently watching.
  12. Aug 1, 2012
    I have given this show a really good go but it just gets worse. Matt Passmore plays Longworth as a smarmy , arrogant jerk. And not well. Which is a shame because I thought he was better than this. As for the rest of the "actors" acting ..... it's terrible. I thought the worst was Kiele Sanchez but Taylor Cole now takes the cake. Terribly miscast actors with unbelievable performances ofI have given this show a really good go but it just gets worse. Matt Passmore plays Longworth as a smarmy , arrogant jerk. And not well. Which is a shame because I thought he was better than this. As for the rest of the "actors" acting ..... it's terrible. I thought the worst was Kiele Sanchez but Taylor Cole now takes the cake. Terribly miscast actors with unbelievable performances of ludicrous dialogue. Each show is a template of the one before. I mean, come on! Taylor Cole looks like a 20 year old and she's supposed to be the FDLE Bureau Chief/Commisioner. I know in TV you may have to suspend disbelief occasionally but the writers/producers treat their audience with near disdain. AND the worst is the KIA product placement. It isn't even subtle. Outright plugging of their vehicles by the actors and sweeping car commercial-like camera work. My girlfriend and I now only occasionally watch it when we want to laugh. How can this be in it's 3rd season. I think that if this rates over a 7 then it is truly dire times for the intelligence of the U.S. Expand
  13. Aug 8, 2012
    Okay show however the writers really should research their material more. Just finished watching S2 E3 - What does `Her Hormonal levels are parabolic mean. They find a radio and state - this radio has a range of 15 miles our search area is now reduced to 70 miles. My math for an area of a circle is pi r squared which would be over 400 sq miles. Finally Calli sees a woman`s stomach andOkay show however the writers really should research their material more. Just finished watching S2 E3 - What does `Her Hormonal levels are parabolic mean. They find a radio and state - this radio has a range of 15 miles our search area is now reduced to 70 miles. My math for an area of a circle is pi r squared which would be over 400 sq miles. Finally Calli sees a woman`s stomach and knows she has a child because of the eyelid of skin over her belly button which apparently all women get after giving birth. What - my wife has had 5 kids and no such structure. This episode was really bad. Writers should be ashamed. Expand
  14. Feb 13, 2013
    I like the setting. I like the characters. It's good and has some potential, but definitely not brilliant and far from being a must-watch show. Anyway, the pilot was the best episode so far. Hope it gets better on season 02, otherwise I'll abandon it.
  15. Jun 6, 2013
    I just started watching the show, made it through Seasons 1 and 2. I immensely enjoyed Season 1 and about half-way through Season 2. Matt Passmore was funny and, of course, very good eye candy. About half-way through Season 2, he went from being funny to just plain nasty and sarcastic with all everyone he interviewed; he now reminds of that super nasty Sara girl on the original CSI.I just started watching the show, made it through Seasons 1 and 2. I immensely enjoyed Season 1 and about half-way through Season 2. Matt Passmore was funny and, of course, very good eye candy. About half-way through Season 2, he went from being funny to just plain nasty and sarcastic with all everyone he interviewed; he now reminds of that super nasty Sara girl on the original CSI. Every one of the people interviewed was out and out accused of being the murderer. And, they started handcuffing and taking people in to interview, without any evidence. In one episode, his boss made the statement that illegal aliens could not get marriage licenses. It looks like the writers would google things like that and arresting people to interview on a whim before they write things that 99% of the population knows are complete nonsense. I don't dislike Callie, but when she's nice, she's very nice. When she's in a mood, she's super-nasty and presented as the stereotypical woman. She tells Jim to explore his relationship with the other girl. He does it, and she's so nasty to him that I had to fast forward rather than listen to it. And, she was back hanging out with her husband just out of prison while she's throwing Jim attitude....irrational. I'll try a few episodes in Season 3, see if it gets back to being totally enjoyable. Show's usually start running out of material after a few seasons, then the personal drama is thrown in ad nauseum and becomes unbearable. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Archana Ram
    [Matt Passmore's character's] devil-may-care attitude may sometimes verge on annoying, but ultimately gives the serious premise a welcome light touch.
  2. In the end, the series itself is something fresh, welcome and a little tart -- and just like a nice citrus fruit, it'll be hard to stop with just one of these.
    The Glades isn't bad, it just feels older than a swamp gator--and as hungry as one for some fresh meat.