• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.8

1. Sep 26, 2013
    I really liked this show, in fact it made me laugh out loud several times I don't usually do that. I think once it gets its legs it will be a better show. It is a corny show but in a good way. It is over acted but I love that it is based on the producers real experience. Nice to see an 80s show that did its homework on the era.
  2. Oct 3, 2013
    The Goldbergs is a very funny show. Most good comedies get me to laugh at least once in a show, but this show had me laughing out loud several times in the first two episodes. The young kid is a real gem and I think he will have a very bright future.
  3. Oct 10, 2013
    As a kid of the 80s...was born in 74....I really appreciate this show a great deal and "get it". I love going down memory lane and this show is hysterical and fits the 80s decade to a T. I hope ABC lets it grow and stay on the air and doesn't make the enormous mistake that NBC made with Freaks and Geeks and canceling that show so fast. This has the potential to be a HUGE show. Let it grow.
  4. Sep 25, 2013
    YOWZERS! Note to ABC: stop trying SOOOOO hard. I don't know how or when, but I think ABC now produces more Cheese than the whole state of Wisconsin. I was driving the car with my friend when she saw a poster advertised for this and her immediate reaction was, that looks like a cancelled show." I agree. The jokes are real bad, character are real annoying, the gimmicky cuts between the real footage and the camcorder footage isn't working. The voice over has the tone of the Wonder Years, but this show can't hold a candle to such a critically acclaimed show. Give it up ABC, this show is DOA with a DNR order. Collapse
  5. Sep 26, 2013
    Absolutely the worst on TV. Awful dialogue, cringe-inducing humor and a non-stop, family scream-fest highlight this train wreck of a sitcom. Mom, dad and the grandpa (George Segal) are fine actors, unfortunately, stuck with a horrible script. Everyone seems to be trying so hard. The youngest son I'm sorry to say, looked like he was acting in a school play; not for a minute, believable and the older, high-strung son? Yow, where did they find this one? The daughter seemed OK, but we'll never know as we couldn't hold out until the end. Unbearable. Be very afraid of top critics who score this big. Expand
  6. Oct 2, 2013
    I will admit that I was really anticipating this new 80's throw back and I was not disappointed. From the incredible cast to the clothes that take me back to a time when I was a child, this shows hits on all cylinders. I have seen the new offerings in comedy and "The Goldberg's" is the cream of the crop. If you are looking for a hilarious trip back to the 1980's then look no further than the Goldberg's. Expand
  7. Oct 3, 2013
    2 things make this a decent watch... Jeff Garlin of course, and the fact that this show is based on a real Goldberg family! The kid has the videos for proof! Just imagine you are watching family home videos of real experiences of this kids family and it makes it more enjoyable. Not the best new comedy yet, and can be a bit cheesey, but weren't the 80's comedies all cheese?
  8. Oct 9, 2013
    I didn't grow up in the 80's so I have no particular love for the era. What I do have a love for is comedy, and The Goldbergs make laugh out loud several times an episode. The way the characters interact with each other kind of reminds me of my family. The cast is excellent and the writing is genuinely funny. All around I couldn't have been more impressed with how The Goldbergs has turned out so far. So if you're looking for a good family sitcom then I recommend this show. It's funny and has a big heart. Expand
  9. Nov 19, 2013
    This show just gets better and better. Part of one of the best hours on TV. (check out Trophy Wife) One of the best family dynamics shows as well. The rough edges have been smoothed over from some of the early episodes, but if you don't smile, and laugh during this show, well something isn't right. Still think this would be a good fit between The MIddle and Modern Family!
  10. Sep 27, 2013
    This is more of a Wonder Years then an updated 70s show or even Happy Days. There's too much over the top caricature, without any of the charm of those other classic shows.
  11. Oct 8, 2013
    That 80's Show, a.k.a. The Goldbergs, is a rip-off, and not even a good one. I don't mind putting my brain on pause when I watch a comedy, but after watching this "comedy", I have difficulty starting up my brain again.

The dialog is bad, really bad. The acting doesn't save the bad dialog. The cam-corder trick falls flat.

Not only should ABC cancel this show, they should fire the
    person responsible for bringing it to the airwaves. Expand
  12. Oct 15, 2013
    I love this show! I hope it doesn't get canceled. Reminds me so much of my family. My brothers would do the stop hitting yourself and finding scrambled skino max. My sister took me to watch poltergeist and I swear I slept in her room for a year.
  13. Nov 22, 2013
    Growing up in the 80s I can relate to this show on so many aspects, but it's way more than that. I love all the 80s references and props. The characters are all funny, yet show a vulnerable side. I know some critics say it's trying to copy the Wonder Years, but is that a bad thing? That was one of my all time favorite shows. I think the relationship between the grandpa and the kid is my favorite part. They are hilarious together. I think it's great when they wrap up each episode with a positive and most of the time funny take home message. For the most part it's very family friendly too. I haven't liked a comedy series like this since the Friends and Seinfeld. I love it. Expand
  14. Dec 11, 2013
    In my opinion, this is the only TV show currently on air that I look forward to each week, aside from The Walking Dead. This is so funny and wholesome (so far). Waiting until the end to see the actual footage from the producers family when he was growing up is priceless!! So funny! Barry makes the show!
  15. Jan 22, 2014
    This show is absolutely wonderful. Everyone in the family will enjoy this truly funny comedy series. The Goldbergs is already 1 of my favorite shows. This show just makes me feel good and always puts a smile on my face. Everyone is fantastic in their roles especially the mom. If you haven't checked The Goldbergs out yet your missing out on a half hour of good clean fun.
  16. May 15, 2014
    Trust me, as more episodes you see, more big is your love. The Goldbergs is a fantastic sitcom and a very lovely tv show, every character is unique but my favorite so far is Beverly.
    I didn't even born in the 80s but The Goldbergs makes me feel so nostalgic for that time, how crazy is that?
    Definitely worth to watch.
  17. Sep 30, 2013
    The 80s references are fun and nostalgic. This family reminds me of my childhood neighbors. That being said, the writing needs serious improvement if this show is going to hold my interest beyond a few episodes. My fingers are crossed!
  18. Oct 22, 2013
    This is a great show! I laugh all the way through it, and look forward to watching each week. I love the clips at the end of each show of the real family. The casting was perfect also. Great job and I really hope it stays on for years to come.
  19. Oct 23, 2013
    A Family show that gets it right most of the time. I judged this show a bit harshly from seeing the commercials and I must say I was wrong. The Goldbergs are actually a family that I have come to appreciate more and more with every new episode. The nostalgia factor is in full swing here and that is okay, because it doesn't completely rely on it for everything. A good amount of heart and sentiment has gone into recreating a family that a lot of people can relate to. It may not be for everyone, but its worth checking out a few episodes to see for yourself. Expand
  20. Oct 24, 2013
    As good as "Modern Family" because it is every family that every was in the 1980s. Every scene (heck every costume), provides a hilariously haunting reminder of things we thought we wanted to forget but are so glad the show brings back. While each situation is chock full of comedy, it's kitsch without too much schtick. And, like "Modern Family" or even, dare I say, "Duck Dynasty, each episode ends with a truly sweet moment. I hope this show lasts many years. (By the way... Wendi McLendon-Covey is g-e-n-i-u-s.) Expand
  21. Nov 6, 2013
    Great cast! That really helps a premise that has been done to death. As a fan of the 80's my opinion is biased, but for a certain demographic this is a great time period for a comedic family show. It has me laughing quite a bit at stuff that surely isn't really THAT funny, but the actors are great and that makes it work. I'll keep watching.
  22. Nov 14, 2013
    I love this show! It is so refreshing to see a comedy with some content that is actually based in reality. I'm tired of all the crap comedies on tv right now, and The Goldbergs is anything but.
  23. Nov 19, 2013
    This show is absolutely horrible. Are people high to think this is actually a good show? The time line doesn't even go in order from everything that they mention in each episode. They go over so many things that are in different years in the 80 's. I can't believe that ABC actually gave this a full season. What is wrong with them. The actors are horrible and the plot is so bad. This is supposed to be based on someone 's real life. I highly doubt that all of this happened the way that he explains it. I had to stop watching after the first episode but see so many previews while watching other shows that make me never want to watch another episode of this horrible show. PLEASE ABC get a clue and CANCEL this horrible show. Please save space for a show that actually belongs on the air. Expand
  24. Nov 29, 2013
    Funniest show I've watched in such a long time. Never expected to laugh this much. It really needs to be understood by the viewer. I honestly can say it is one of my favorite shows. Feels like this show grows funnier and funnier every episode! I recommend it to people!
  25. Dec 26, 2013
    I think the show is funny but your researchers need to be fired. E.g. Episode 3. It stated that it was 1980. The son then went to the movies to see Poltergeist, which didn't come out until 1982. He then made a reference to ghostbusters, which didn't come out until 1984. If you're going to do a show about the 80's, you could at least get the facts right.
  26. Jan 7, 2014
    Finally, here is a show that captures the most realistic portrayal of a family. It's sickening to watch the many shows with families that are either unrealistically perfect or a severely over exaggerated as dysfunctional. It is too often that television goes out of the way to over dramatize in order to get views. The Goldbergs proves to be one of the funniest shows on air without trying. There is no need to kill off characters, write in marital problems, or create issues with drug abuse. Other shows rely on over the top drama to capture audiences, while The Goldbergs can be entertaining without the cheap and ridiculous gimmicks. The humor is raw, intelligent, realistic, and not too cheesy. The Goldbergs include: A mom who is over protective, but love able, a father who is not afraid to voice his opinion and tell his kids like it is, a geeky son who pries into his family's privacy with a video camera, an older teenage son with a distorted view of his talents(tries to master karate, be a rapper, and become a pro basketball player), and a teenage daughter who is, perhaps the smartest and most laid back of the children. This proves to be the perfect combination, making for an incredibly humorous half hour. Expand
  27. Jan 14, 2014
    This show is amazing.Clever,funny,fun for the whole family.I hope this show is here to stay.I feel that television has been waiting for a show like this.Great writing and even better acting.This one is a winner
  28. Jan 18, 2014
    As a child of the eighties, I absolutely love this show. Most shows on TV are somewhat comical at best. This program is hilarious. One of the best sitcoms I have ever seen. With the exception of "The Middle", the funniest family sitcom since "The Cosby's". The actual footage of the family at the end of each episode is amazing. ABC don't listen to the haters sign this show up for many more years.
  29. Feb 6, 2014
    This is the best of this seasons crop. Getting stronger with each episode you can't 'put too much confidence in this fart'. The cast is great and Sean Giambrone in the best child comic actor around.
  30. Mar 1, 2014
    I absolutely love this show! I disagree with previous reviews that it is over acted. Most of the actors are newer and will develop with a little bit of time! I really hope they keep it for a second season and beyond!!!
  31. Apr 2, 2014
    this show is funny life growing up in 80s was fun and i like Adam F Goldberg's childhood in the 80's and his crazy family . the cast is wonderful and there's no way i could not dislike the show .
    Grade A+
  32. Apr 6, 2014
    Funny, positive, and full of cultural nods to the 80's. Definitely worth checking out, especially if you're in your 30's or 40's and will get the 80's references. The show is endearing and is very well cast.
  33. Apr 29, 2014
    I find this show a disgusting role model for kids. Really?? Are these the kind of values we want our children to impart - throwing food at their parents at dinner when the parents ask their daughter what's wrong, telling their grandfather off for no reason and calling him a lying idiot, and talking back to police officers. And this was all in about a 5 minute segment. I had to turn the channel. This stuff makes me sick! I am a teacher and a parent of 2 teenagers and over the past 20 years I have watched kids be influenced by garbage TV shows like this that encourage children to disrespect authority on every level. Kids who value these shows have no boundaries, thanks to you. Can't these writers entertain without role-modeling poor values?? Expand
  34. May 19, 2014
    This is one of my new favorite shows! If you don't like this show, then something is wrong. This is one of the new shows and is going to be around for a long time. I am so glad it got renewed and is going to start up a season 2! Can't wait.
  35. May 25, 2014
    I thought I would be interested in Agents of SHIELD, and just for fun, after the first episode I stayed tuned to watch The Goldbergs. My Girlfriend and I haven't laughed so hysterically at a sitcom in years. Every episode has a silly little moral, and although I agree some of the humour is crude, you just have to take it with a grain of salt. Definitely my favourite new sitcom.
  36. May 27, 2014
    What if Everybody Love Raymond and Malcom in the middle had a baby? This is it, and it is very funny, definitely the best new shows in a while. And this has to be the best of Wendi Mclendon-Covey i've ever seen.
  37. Jun 19, 2014
    As far as my wife and I are concerned, this is one of the best shows on TV. EVERY character is perfect and the grandpa, George Segal is right on the money. I only wish I could be as good a grandpa....

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 3, 2013
    It has its strengths--most of them derived from the skilled cast--but none related to any capacity for originality.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Sep 26, 2013
    The comedy on The Goldbergs is loud, aggressive, and somewhat abrasive.
  3. Reviewed by: Cody Ray Shafer
    Sep 26, 2013
    The Goldbergs banks on nostalgia for its charm, but needs to build on something more for us to really care about this family.