• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.3

1. Oct 7, 2015
    Amazing as always, this show never disappoints and it never will. Alicia keeps growing as character every steps of the previous seasons made her stronger and she's showing it now, Eli killing it (as always). Alicia versus Lockhart & Ag.os is happening
  2. Oct 28, 2015
    What can I say that others have not? This is a great show. Even with the different career changes Alicia Florak has made hasn’t lowered the quality of “The Good Wife”. Now that Alicia is her own boss gives the show’s writers even more material to use.
  3. Nov 14, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The good wife comes back with a bang, after the somewhat mediocre 6th season. the good wife writers Robert and Michelle King rejuvenate the 7th season by bringing new cast members who breathe new life to the series. The Florrick presidential campaign also brings a challenge for Eli as he meets his equal in the form of Ruth Eastman, while Alicia tries to rebuild her life and career after a disgraceful and embarrassing states attorney race. The good wife is reinventing itself as Alicia is now playing by her rules, with no one to answer to. The good wife bring a beautiful combination of elegant,classy writing mixed with excellent main and guest starring actors, perfect direction, lighting, make-up, costume and etc. The Good Wife is the best drama of network television period and deserves an emmy. Expand
  4. Nov 6, 2017
    Some TV shows end at the right time and personally I think that is the case with The Good Wife. Don't get me wrong, it has always remained very watchable, but over the last couple of seasons it has started to run out of narrative steam and many of the story-lines just don't have the same impact they used to (Did anyone actually care whether Peter went to prison or not?).

The loss of two

The loss of two major characters since season five hasn't helped matters either and when characters that were once key components of the show, such as Cary and Diane, also find themselves virtually side-lined for large parts of the season The Good Wife isn't quite the same show it once was.

I don't want to finish on a negative note with such a brilliant TV show so I'll finish by saying that, despite its slight decline towards the end, The Good Wife is arguably the best network drama series of the last twenty years and I'm not sure we'll ever see the likes of it again.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Kevin Fallon
    Oct 5, 2015
    Now armed with cool intelligence, a weathered savvy, and the kind of controlled ruthlessness that the past six years have built in her, Alicia is an even more interesting underdog than before.
  2. Reviewed by: Jeff Jensen
    Oct 5, 2015
    The winsome, witty season 7 premiere proved anew that that unlike Eli, it doesn’t resent the challenge of proving itself; it thrives on it. Yes, the show is repeating itself. Once again with an election. Once again with launching a new practice. Once again with the Alicia/Peter happy marriage fakery. Yet there’s meaning in those narratives and repeating those narratives.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Oct 5, 2015
    The show tries to keep up with the goings-on at Lockhart/Agos, but these stories are awkwardly untethered from the main Alicia plot in the first two episodes of the new season.